PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Events:

sexkitteh
05-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Hey guys,

I wanted to get more info on these events and how it gets affected at different levels.

Being an android user, we don't have events yet. From everything we've seen over the past few weeks (gold sales, crate implementation) I'm assuming events are right around the corner.

I'm at level 9 and from reading all the "final prize" items up for grabs, some have very nice stats. Besides the A/D stats, some have added "bonuses" increasing/decreasing %'s. From what I've read, the A/D stats are different depending what level you are. However - my question - is the "bonus" the same at all levels?

Also, what exactly is required to do in an event? I'd like to hit the ground running when it becomes available to us :cool:

Anyways - any feedback is appreciated...

I hope my post doesn't ANNOY anyone :rolleyes:

Joe Brown1
05-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Reasonable question. Basically you collect crates/bags/boxes/safes/something (let's call them all crates for simplicity) to open from doing jobs, PvP or robbing (players must have crates in order for them to drop from PvP or robbing). I have generally found that it is harder to collect "crates" at lower levels than higher levels as PvE drops appear to correlated to energy required. Thus higher level players collect them faster and have more to steal from either PvP or robbing. Once you have a "crate", you have three options to open (1) free - low probability of opening; (2) cash - amount is your level time $100 - medium probability of opening; (3) gold - guaranteed opening. If you open a "crate" you will receive something either a basic item or a collectable item that you need to get the "prizes". The prizes are awarded at 3, 5, 7, 9 and 10 collectable items, with the last one having the bonus. The stats on the prizes (and the basic items) increase at certain points of leveling. I think the top category starts at lvl 80. I believe the bonus is the same for all. There are many threads also on prize categories and other aspects of the events - but that is the basics. Hope it helps. To the rest of the forum - if I screwed up any of this please correct.

sexkitteh
05-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Fantastic - I appreciate the feedback :)

Thank you!

Joe Brown1
05-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Also, don't forget that using gold to open a box only guarantees that it will open, not what is inside.

sexkitteh
05-15-2012, 02:06 PM
How much gold does it take open a crate? If you failed to open a crate, does that crate disappear? Or do you get to try again?

EDIT: NVM - I just read the updated best of best guide and ccmark explains the box process :)

Bala82
05-17-2012, 10:19 AM
I think it really up to you how you play events but look at what members have posted most people seem stuck on 8 out of 10. Maybe because i am new to events but i be happy get 3,5 and 7 items from any events. I wouldn't care about last one because i am happy just get jackets from gun one i am happy trying go 5th piece for tomorrow and i will be happy.

Every week they been an event so that how i am planning to play these.

mob
05-17-2012, 10:23 AM
hey sexK... i think you must reach level 10 and that will initiate the "event"

Dreno33
05-17-2012, 10:38 AM
hey sexK... i think you must reach level 10 and that will initiate the "event"

He's lvl 15. He's an android user and it just released events finally. Also, lvl 10 is most likely right. I'm 9 and still no event icon, yet.