PDA

View Full Version : Question about Explosives

Sasha54
05-15-2012, 07:31 AM
I don't know much about explosives and wasn't thinking I would need to worry about them until much higher up.

However, I have someone that is robbing me and vice versa - I think I started it just as one of my routine robberies but she now seems to want to keep this up.

Currently I have 10K attack and she has 13.5 defense - which I was able to beat in a robbery - I am not attempting to fight.

Just now I tried to rob a building and failed twice - BUT I notice she has the Dice and some other explosive.
my question - do explosives help in defending against robbery?
AND - if I decide to keep this going - can I use explosives for a robbery - or is that pointless?

I know I should walk away - but she is really bothering me........:mad:

DenZ1
05-15-2012, 07:35 AM
I don't know much about explosives and wasn't thinking I would need to worry about them until much higher up.

However, I have someone that is robbing me and vice versa - I think I started it just as one of my routine robberies but she now seems to want to keep this up.

Currently I have 10K attack and she has 13.5 defense - which I was able to beat in a robbery - I am not attempting to fight.

Just now I tried to rob a building and failed twice - BUT I notice she has the Dice and some other explosive.
Yes, but their stats is cut in half so you might loose quite a bit of them.
AND - if I decide to keep this going - can I use explosives for a robbery - or is that pointless?
Pointless. If you just want to fight - go ahead, but money wise you'll be much worse off.

Yes, but their stats is cut in half so you might loose quite a bit of them.
Pointless. If you just want to fight - go ahead, but money wise you'll be much worse off.
I know I should walk away - but she is really bothering me........:mad
Happens to everybody sooner or later :)

Dravak
05-15-2012, 07:38 AM
Not really sasha , explosives help if you have the greens to match it , cause explosives are consumables .
Basically if you can boost explosives by 10k means in reality only 5k more defense .

I have effective 48k defense (including explosives) and 183 defense skill , people with proper attack skill and 36k attack.
Still win 5 of the 10 robberies

At cost of the explosive being consumed in win or lose ... not a big deal I just rob them back for the price cost.
But defending against robberies is very very hard .

Sasha54
05-15-2012, 07:42 AM
OK - thanks.........

Dreno33
05-15-2012, 07:43 AM
183 defense SPs? can you notice a significant change in your defense?

sez
05-15-2012, 07:44 AM

I love attack explosives, I always have 500. At 1 point I spent over 5 million on Defense explosives and although they do help against robberies and attacks they are a waste in my opinion. People will make it there goal to keep on you until they are all destroyed, almost another game with-in the game.

I would buy attack explosives for sure. Just so you know even if you win a fight or rob you can still lose your attack explosives.

Sasha54
05-15-2012, 07:49 AM
183 defense SPs? can you notice a significant change in your defense?

I'm sorry Dreno - not getting the question.........

Dravak
05-15-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm sorry Dreno - not getting the question.........

that question was adressed to me , but since I already put all the data there .
If they are not lazy they can go make there own assumption .

like they are always doing anyway ...

dudeman
05-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Like sez, I too used to fully stock defense explosives. I was not exactly unhappy with that decision, but I did get to then point where a) I no longer wanted to divert funds away from my economy, and b) I wanted to see what would happen if I stopped buying them.

The decision to stop investing in defense explosives was a good one. While I do think they helped me at one point, I haven't noticed an increase in losses with a depleting explosives supply so they are obviously useless for me now.

Attack explosives are a different story though. I was lucky that when I bought 500 Anthrax Grenades I still had the old prices, but since that time I have completely upgraded to Napalms and 14 non-consumables. That took a while though, and it will take just as long or longer for me to upgrade again to 486 Sarin Gas Grenades.

QPR
05-15-2012, 08:27 AM
I have a similar situation with some idiot continually attacking me. I even tried changing my in game name and appearance to no avail. Explosives are useless and costly IMHO.

Sasha54
05-15-2012, 08:31 AM
I have a similar situation with some idiot continually attacking me. I even tried changing my in game name and appearance to no avail. Explosives are useless and costly IMHO.

oh - wow - never been in that bad a situation - usually I just lay low till I fall off their wall.
but you are probably much higher in the game than I am - this person is small potatoes in the scheme of things I'm sure..........

QPR
05-15-2012, 08:35 AM
oh - wow - never been in that bad a situation - usually I just lay low till I fall off their wall.
but you are probably much higher in the game than I am - this person is small potatoes in the scheme of things I'm sure..........

Level 106

This has been going on for at least 6 or 7 weeks now :eek:

Rocky35
05-15-2012, 04:18 PM
I stock up on defensive explosives only when I have extra money left and feel like not banking. All my explosives come from robberies, so not a big deal if I lose them. Not my money anyway.