PDA

View Full Version : Event strategy

Agent Orange
05-15-2012, 07:14 AM
At the end of the last event someone was complaining about not being told about the event going past the end time so here's a list of things to remember.

1) if you don't close or crash the app you can continue to open crates past the deadline. My LLP opened all twelve of their left over crates two days past the last event but never got another part. My brother did get a part his 9th after theevent ended. The problem is you can crash out attacking so for two days the only thing my LLP opened crates and nothing else. Playing on an iPhone means your first call is going to nuke you!

2) At the beginning of the events you are best to find crates in the maps since most players won't have any yet.

3) If you are going to use gold to open crates use it at the beginning where your chances are best for getting parts.

4) If you are attacked a lot don't keep crates in stock only collect them when you can open them so I keep a lot of energy on hand. If I find someone 'porking' out crates I only hit them for one. Also a good time to use a gold open.

5) As the event progresses your odds seem to really decrease, at first we all thought that it was because the event was set up so that odds decreased as the number of parts found increased, I now suspect the devs actually mess with the drop rates as the event progresses.

Though luck appears to be a factor a good strategy is also important....

Populouspapa
05-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Excellent post!

RedLabit
05-15-2012, 07:36 AM
I initially used this very useful app called alarmed to reset the 1hr reminder after opening a box.
After that I used it to remind me the building collection at 3hr/8hr/12hr/24hr/48hr.

Maverick50727
05-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Yes I was one of the gripes. By habit I toggle to notes and document each success or fail (I have a running history of every event). I didn't know I was shooting myslef in the foot when the event ended and was closing it by toggling to notes. I only have 1 device and it is a 4s, so I'm going to hate getting that first morning call. But if the event ends on a weekend I may be able to get in a few extra opens after it ends as people don't call until 9-10am in the morning on weekends. :) Maybe a few more tries will help, I have yet to get all 10. But with my luck the app will crash first.

Thanks for the reminder.

stricker
05-15-2012, 08:50 AM
do you guys get a lot of false alarm notifications? example: i might be in KA and get a flip down notification that 'my oil rig has produced $$, better come get it before you are raided' ...and i know there is no way so when i do go back to mw, it's like a supply depot and that's all.

stricker
05-15-2012, 08:52 AM
do you guys get a lot of false alarm notifications? example: i might be in KA and get a flip down notification that 'my oil rig has produced $$, better come get it before you are raided' ...and i know there is no way so when i do go back to mw, it's like a supply depot and that's all.

edit... ot, i know AO. but you always have great input that stirs the pot!!! lol ...so thx man!!!

Agent Orange
05-15-2012, 09:03 AM

Actually that is a good point I had a KA alert nuke my MW app so yes I have them turned off in the games settings. You have a fair bit of control over them.

In terms of false alarms no, but have all of it turned off.

stricker
05-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Actually that is a good point I had a KA alert nuke my MW app so yes I have them turned off in the games settings. You have a fair bit of control over them.

i know i can change the notifications settings around but i like getting the 'something is ready' notices and i typically know what is online to collect, etc... i just know that way too often the notice is incorrect... shame on me, though... haven't felt like addressing the issue via a support ticket. they typically know most of these things already and it's just a matter of time/priority as to when it will be patched/fixed.

Maverick50727
05-15-2012, 09:24 AM

Good point I just did the same.

And yes I still get false alarms. normally after the fact. My favorites are that I have been raided in a building I collected from 8 hours prior and still had another 40 to go. I learned not to trust them. It would say I have a crate ready, but already opened my last one 30 minutes prior.

Delays, Delays - Marvin Martian

stricker
05-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Delays, Delays - Marvin Martian

LOL... you're right mav, it does seem to have a lag of about 3-5 notices or 4-8 hours many times.

spectra
05-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Guys how do you add pictures in a thread?
I want to show you all how some of the stats in whale territory
cheers

Agent Orange
05-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Add phot to my flickr account, cut and paste link into message deleting url tags but keeping img tags, brackets and slah.

spectra
05-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Add phot to my flickr account, cut and paste link into message deleting url tags but keeping img tags, brackets and slah.

Thanks AO

Cheers

Agent Orange
05-17-2012, 07:13 AM
I notice opening or trying to open crates on the hour has been the least successful time for our group. Anyone else tracking this stat?

spectra
05-17-2012, 10:00 AM
I notice opening or trying to open crates on the hour has been the least successful time for our group. Anyone else tracking this stat?
Me, yesterday May-16-2012
1am Armored Charger
2 "sorry"
3 Did not try
4 1.25 M
5 "sorry"
6 "sorry"
7 Deffense cannon
8 "sorry"
9 1.25 M
10 Armored charger
11 "sorry"
12 noon "sorry"
1pm Armored charger
2 "sorry"
3 500 VP
4 "sorry"
5 "sorry"
6 "sorry"
7 "sorry"
8 "sorry"
9 "sorry"
10 "sorry"
11 Armored charger
12 midnight "sorry"

So, there, the open rate is very bad for me right now using Medium change (119k per try)

Hassleham
05-17-2012, 12:51 PM
I initially used this very useful app called alarmed to reset the 1hr reminder after opening a box.
After that I used it to remind me the building collection at 3hr/8hr/12hr/24hr/48hr.

I posted about this yesterday, it's really helpful! I'm on 8 parts now without using gold :)

Maverick50727
05-21-2012, 07:16 AM
I have to ask, are other people still able to open sea crates after the event closed without closing the app?

The event ended for me 3am EST. My last timer was for like 3:02am and the timer read "soon" once the event ended. I was able to make one attempt after the event ended which was fail. I had over 140 unopened sea crates. I left MW open and locked my 4S unlocked it this morning and it was still sitting at MW but the event was gone.

Now I went through every effort to make sure I would have extra chances to open crates that people had been reporting if you left the app running, but didn't help me at all. Another bug for unfair advantages?

I dropped my ally count at the start of the event to put myself in a lower range of people I could beat, thus less attacks to steal my crates and scored more excess crates by the end of the event than the last event. I turned off all alerts and notifications for every app as a precaution. I even turned off my phone prior to the event ending to clear all memory/resources to prevent any possilbe crashses. All for nothing it seems. And no I didn't get a test or phone call before the event and all my crates went up in smoke.

To date I have yet to get the 10th item on any event.

vitus79
05-21-2012, 07:21 AM
I have to ask, are other people still able to open sea crates after the event closed without closing the app?

im opening still but i couldnt get to 9 so its pointless to try any longer, all fails overtime, one open was valor. one last try in 20 mins then closing app, wish me luck to get #9 :)

Hassleham
05-21-2012, 07:24 AM
My new strategy is to not try for events anymore cos they just irritate me.

From now on i will only open crates when i go on the game to collect money from buildings. That way if i stop seeing 10 as a target and start seeing each item as a free gift i will enjoy what i get more.

vitus79
05-21-2012, 07:28 AM
My new strategy is to not try for events anymore cos they just irritate me.

From now on i will only open crates when i go on the game to collect money from buildings. That way if i stop seeing 10 as a target and start seeing each item as a free gift i will enjoy what i get more.

yes same here, all events dont go very well for me unless i go hard on gold. im leveling up way too fast trying to go for crates/boxes or whatever from the start. so next events i just sit back first 3 days and work on defense, then getting my boxes out of situation report revenges and try to get the 3 indestructables.

Arizona
05-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Same thing here Mav. Did you also notice the server went down in the last hour of the event. I wonder if that was to clear up the "carry on playing" anomaly you were trying for. It didn't work for me either.
Not so bothered about this event though. As a free player, I'm just gonna try my best to get the best and see how it goes.
No Worries!

Lt. Falcon
05-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Same thing here Mav. Did you also notice the server went down in the last hour of the event. I wonder if that was to clear up the "carry on playing" anomaly you were trying for. It didn't work for me either.
Not so bothered about this event though. As a free player, I'm just gonna try my best to get the best and see how it goes.
No Worries!

I'm still opening crates, got the 9th item prize this morning. I got a supply frigate, a sea cannon and 2 more "grunts" all cash opens.

Maverick50727
05-21-2012, 07:57 AM
No Worries!
Good point. But no I never saw the server go down for me. I was only opening crates on the hour and stopped all collection and attacks inthe last hour or so. I was unsing that time to be more static and dump all my units in excel and do a self analysis I had don't in a week (learned much). I was able to try 1 open after the event ended though so if the server went down prior to that it probably would have any affect unless with went down again overnight when I was asleep which is possible.

I wasn't really concerned with the 10th item, but 140+ crates could have brought valor, loot units and the 1,250,000 cash opens are always welcome in my books.

Maverick50727
05-21-2012, 07:58 AM
I'm still opening crates, got the 9th item prize this morning. I got a supply frigate, a sea cannon and 2 more "grunts" all cash opens.

What level are you? I'l come find you and attack until you crash.. LOL

Just kidding. Good luck.

Cousins
05-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Hi guys

For the first time ever I got the 10th prize :-)

I've had the ninth prize before, but never the 10th and really wanted this boat as I'm UK and have the Naval Research Facility boosted up to level 9

I was stuck on 9 for a day and half and woke up this morning (I'm in the UK) with 58mins left on the event clock. Opened a crate and got a poxy allie, then decided (despite telling myself all week not to) to spend some of the free gold I'd collected from TapJoy. 2mins later and 90 gold down (three re-sets and three guaranteed opens) still no 10th part. To top it off, I didn't have enough gold for another attempt. Oh well, always next time I thought :-(

Dedided to leave the game running and 2mins after the event had closed I had another go at opening a crate (cash opening) and couldn't believe my eyes when out popped the 10th part!!

Been happy as Larry all day and might even be nice to the wife tonight!

Luke7676
05-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Hey congrats cousins :) I was just about as excited as you when I got my 10th yesterday. It truly shocked me. I was even really paying attention when I hit open with cash.. Figured either loot or sorry. But low and behold the 10th prop poped up and I just about flew off the couch with excitement lmao.

It is nice to finely win one of these sought after event bonus units. Took me 6 events to do it but it happened.
Although I am Russia, this boat will still come in very handy with such high stats. I'll have to ask Priesty but I believe it is the highest attack stat unit I've seen or close to it.

War Priest
05-21-2012, 10:23 AM
At the end of the last event someone was complaining about not being told about the event going past the end time so here's a list of things to remember.

Don't know who that was but they have no reason to complain about "not being told". It is their job to search for the information. It is posted everywhere towards the end of the events and if the didn't notice it then that is their fault.

cheiz
05-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi Mav, I kept opening boxes in OT for about 10 hours, then I crashed. Before the event ended I switched my iPhone to airplane mode and then switched back on the wifi. That worked, except I just got a bunch of grunts and crappy units. No parts anymore - stuck at 8...