PDA

View Full Version : Looking for input based on stats

Chosen Pessimist
05-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Been trying to figure the best way to use respect points etc to boost stats. Currently:
Level 139
Attack: 31800
Defense: 31500

168 m4a1
272 saw off shotguns
100 chain whips
100 night vision goggles
60 urban warfare vests (currently farming)
236 yamahas
240 empire city busses
Using mainly the 2k value attack grenades
Using all +6 def grenades

Also have the devils takedown and the mini gun from last event, but I have not spent gold on equipment, only cash buildings. My game plan was to farm out urban vests till roughly 300-350 and abuse events for the remainder along with goggles. All my cash is being spent on hood economics currently. Spending respect on chain whips still since no close comparison melee weapon exists to farm. Trying to find the best course of action, so any input is appreciated, thanks folks!

Plux
05-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Your best off investing 2000 per go with Exelero's & Full Combat Gear from a PSO perspective to counter cover your Att and Def sides.

Chosen Pessimist
05-14-2012, 03:56 PM
I was considering something along those lines, and was debating just stocking rp and dumping it on exeleros. It would only benefit me attack, since the busses are 17 def each. As far as the armor, consider 400 vests and 100 items that are better from events. All I would gain for 800 respect is 7 def and 6 attack. In that sense would it be more prosperous to get nearly 3 goggles for the price of 1 full combat to just benefit in the attack aspect?

Spartacus
05-14-2012, 04:18 PM
The UWV combined with the NVB is a nice duo statwise. Exeleros or Chain Whips are my suggestion. Both end game level items.

If you are having trouble deciding, just save the RP.

murf
05-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Your best off investing 2000 per go with Exelero's & Full Combat Gear from a PSO perspective to counter cover your Att and Def sides.

That's funny, I would have said something completely different....CWs, without a doubt...My guess is his marginal melee is something like Nail Bats or maybe even Butterfly Knives.

Chosen Pessimist
05-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Your correct. Whips taking place of butterfly knives. Just looking towards the future of respect spending...being only level 139 I have a few thug life and hardcore hit an achievements to obtain =} hoping to get my last 3 gun parts for the beautiful Midas. CW's are definitely priority 1 now. I'm really hoping Funzio produces some new RP items by the time I'm done with CW's. Thanks all for the input!

murf
05-14-2012, 09:15 PM
The other issue with melee is it's so hard to get even medium-level items (no PvP drops or farming locations), while guns have good PvP drops and event items and armor and vehicles currently have good farming locations...I have 404 CWs and my 500th melee item is still 10/7. I am filling in the rest with Reinforced Tonfa & event items.

Silvio
05-15-2012, 01:54 AM
I don't think this is a forum question, because the answer is specific to each player. I would recommend you use any one of the spreadsheets linked on this forum to determine what your attack profile is, and then then answer to your question becomes obvious.

For example, I was routinely buying Yamaha, thinking that I was getting a good buy, but once I plotted my attack profile, I found that my last armor piece only contributed atk 1. Hence the NVG became the better buy for me.

You will find that once you spend the time setting it up, your ability to determine what is best for you becomes quite simple. You will also begin to view items only for atk or def stats, not the combination, because they rarely contribute equally to both ( again, depending on your profile).

xclusiv
05-15-2012, 02:04 AM
whatever you decide to get make sure its only a high tier rp item, which will increase your attack and def eg chain whip, fcg, excelero, im not a fan of excelero though, cause of its low defense compared to police armoured trucks if you pvp alot.

Silvio
05-15-2012, 02:09 AM
Agreed. But I do find I end up selecting an item to purchase/farm solely based on a single stat now that I track all items. Big benchmark for me lately - wrestling mask no longer contributes to either atk/def, butterfly no longer contributes to def, boxing trunk or plice armour no longer contributes to atk . . ., so I now only assess on one variable. Makes it easier to assess.

Hank
05-15-2012, 02:24 AM
Im pretty sure Nicholost made a spreadsheet to help people figure out which weapons they should buy

Silvio
05-15-2012, 02:35 AM
He did, but whitefrog's is what I use. It was a little more robust, and wasn't based on macros, so quicker to update.

murf
05-15-2012, 04:51 AM
Agreed. But I do find I end up selecting an item to purchase/farm solely based on a single stat now that I track all items. Big benchmark for me lately - wrestling mask no longer contributes to either atk/def, butterfly no longer contributes to def, boxing trunk or plice armour no longer contributes to atk . . ., so I now only assess on one variable. Makes it easier to assess.

What xclusiv is trying to say though, is even though some of the medium-tier RP items may give you a larger boost today, try not to be short-sighted (if you are strong enough) and focus on end game items....things like Sawn-offs, YRBs & Serrated Blade will all get replaced in the near-end game. While NVB might be the exception because they won't be replaced until the very end game if you combine them with FBI shields at some point.

Feng1234
05-15-2012, 06:35 AM
What xclusiv is trying to say though, is even though some of the medium-tier RP items may give you a larger boost today, try not to be short-sighted (if you are strong enough) and focus on end game items....things like Sawn-offs, YRBs & Serrated Blade will all get replaced in the near-end game. While NVB might be the exception because they won't be replaced until the very end game if you combine them with FBI shields at some point.

What replaces nvbs and FBI shields as best value in end game? Fcgs?

murf
05-15-2012, 07:56 AM
What replaces nvbs and FBI shields as best value in end game? Fcgs?

Yes, so in my opinion, you are best served getting NVBs, then CWs, then RPGs & Exceleros....at a time when your income can withstand it ($1M+/hr) start to buy FBI shields....then in 1.5 years :D you will then start to spend your RP on FCG and $$ on Dual Machine Gun (19D).

Also, you can farm the the last 2 bosses for CW & FCG comparables, so maybe 1.25 years.

sexkitteh
05-15-2012, 08:20 AM
so maybe 1.25 years.

Wow.... you really are thinking ahead ^^

murf
05-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Wow.... you really are thinking ahead ^^

haha

I'm just trying to prove my point, that NVB are a great investment, because you won't upgrade them for a very long time

sexkitteh
05-15-2012, 09:16 AM
haha

I'm just trying to prove my point, that NVB are a great investment, because you won't upgrade them for a very long time

How many would you suggest buying? 500? 200? 300?

Silvio
05-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Depends on what your arsenal looks like. If you have 100 items that beat the 16 atk that NVG provides, then 400. While I do not disagree with many of the general statements provided above (like looking end game over short term, value of NVG, etc.) the answer to your question is a personal one, and will be dependent on your style of gaming.

If you buy gold and use it to buy crates or weapons, then less. If you are purely no gold, then perhaps more.

The general strategy espoused by murf of NVG's, then Chain whips is a good one, but if for some reason you have purchased a lot of melee weapons with gold, then for you maybe the RPG is the next step, or even farming double deckers.

While we can discuss the merits of a particular decision, understand that you need to know your inventory to optimize your path through.

murf
05-15-2012, 12:34 PM
How many would you suggest buying? 500? 200? 300?

Silvio is right, it depends on your inventory, but I think something like 250-300 is a good start. you will fill in the rest with boxing trunks and police armor from PvP drops, which will give you 6/14, and you can decide to add more later. The great thing about NVB is that since that are so cheap (300 RP) that not only are they a near-end game item, they also help immensely in the medium term. And with TL & HH goals, my guess is get 250-300 in a few weeks.

One important piece of advice is to also leave room in your strategy for when funzio changes the game again. They may add new RP items or change the PvE loot drops again. So make sure if & when they do make changes that you aren't replacing items that you spend a lot of time/RP acquiring.

Silvio
05-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Again, depends on your inventory. In my case, I was not fully outfitted to 500, so I went yamahas until I maxed to 500, then to NVG's to 450 (50 items higher than 16 atk). Then I flipped to chain whips.

again, depends on your inventory. It will always be better if you understand not oly your inventory, but where the weakness in your inventory lies.

Get a spreadsheet going. :-)