PDA

View Full Version : Cash Open Success % tied to Number of event items?

Yahkin
05-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Just curious if others see this in there experience.

First 20 cash open attempts I had 6 "sorry" messages using Cash only option. Received 7 Gun parts.
Second 20 cash open attempts I received 12 "sorry" messages using Cash only option. Received 1 Gun part.

Receiving less gun parts makes sense as those get harder as you get more. But I would expect the cash open option percentage to remain consistent. This is the first time I've kept close track, so maybe it's just a fluke...but anecdotally I recall it working like this in the past too.

Thoughts?

DenZ1
05-14-2012, 11:54 AM
I think it has slight connection from what I see. Maybe just a coincidence.

transfer
05-14-2012, 12:00 PM
That's only speculation but if anything, I've noticed a fairly high chance of opens at the beginning of an event nonetheless.

Happened last event and same now, 7 gun parts out of the first 15 boxes and a 9/15 opening success (60%).
I'm at 8 gun parts now out of 28 tries and 13/28 opening rate (~46%)

However, I never carry many boxes on me, I never had more than 10 on me last event and no more than 4 now and the only noticeable thing is high opening rate at beginning of event and decreasing over time.

That might be a total coincidence but I had 3 boxes left after the timer ran out last event though, let app running and got 3 opens out of 3 using middle option, I usually also encounter higher opening rate using middle option towards the end of an event (verified for first 6 events, last one I did used some gold but to no success towards the end)

TRAZ
05-14-2012, 12:07 PM
I have crap opens no matter what...lol..

Sasha54
05-14-2012, 12:18 PM
I find it hard to control how many boxes (or whatever) they happen to be - you want to have on hand.

Last event I wanted to test the theory of keeping only 3 or 4 on hand to see if my success would be higher. Problem is if you keep only a couple - they get stolen and then you have to scramble for some at the end of the hour.

then as the event progresses - they start coming fast and furious - basically you have to stop all pvp or pve if you don't want to accumulate them..............

it's a big hot mess no matter what!!

Yahkin
05-14-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't think the number of "Gun safes" has a bearing on it as I've done both very few and lots and seen no difference. I'm talking about the number of "Gun parts" having an affect. Now that I only need two more, it seems as though the cash option is far less successful at opening anything.

AppleMacGuy
05-14-2012, 02:20 PM
I find it hard to control how many boxes (or whatever) they happen to be - you want to have on hand.Last event I wanted to test the theory of keeping only 3 or 4 on hand to see if my success would be higher. Problem is if you keep only a couple - they get stolen and then you have to scramble for some at the end of the hour.then as the event progresses - they start coming fast and furious - basically you have to stop all pvp or pve if you don't want to accumulate them..............it's a big hot mess no matter what!!The only mess is people continuing to come up with this nonsense that there is a link between the number of boxes on hand and the open rate....pleeeassse can we stop these ridiculous ideas from surfacing with every new event???

Max Power
05-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Just curious if others see this in there experience.

First 20 cash open attempts I had 6 "sorry" messages using Cash only option. Received 7 Gun parts.
Second 20 cash open attempts I received 12 "sorry" messages using Cash only option. Received 1 Gun part.

Receiving less gun parts makes sense as those get harder as you get more. But I would expect the cash open option percentage to remain consistent. This is the first time I've kept close track, so maybe it's just a fluke...but anecdotally I recall it working like this in the past too.

Thoughts?

There are 2 ways for Funzio to manage making getting a gun part more difficult, fewer opens, or fewer gun parts in th opens you get. To me it seems that fewer opens would be easier to manage from a programming standpoint, so my guess if that yes, that is what you are experiencing.

Babytway
05-14-2012, 02:29 PM
i dont think the number of boxes has anything to do with it. but during the last two events i have notice/suspected that the open rate with cash option is tied to a % depending on item and/or how many collectibles you have on hand. i think the percentage for cash option should be standard. i might be wrong but i do believe the cash option is rigged.

pluxfan2
05-14-2012, 02:34 PM
re read xedorf post about drop rates and i think and we might have a better idea of how the event's work (ignore the drivel that was also posted with it as well).

i need muney
05-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Wasn't this common knowledge?

Babytway
05-15-2012, 03:21 PM
i think im convinced now that the number of items you have the success of cash options drops, ive notice this over last 4 events and now this event soon as i reach 9 gun parts i have had 13 straight fails with cash option. i know the first couple events it wasnt like this because i remembering getting tons of respect and cash but the boxes were opening.