PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters

HomeoftheBrave
05-14-2012, 09:07 AM
What are some ways to more accurately identify a cheater? I've been occasionally attacked by one individual named "dan2" who seems far too powerful for what little he or she has. I've sent this individual messages and studied his/her stats to find something just doesn't add up. In the end this player is completely ruining the game for me since in one hit he or she is taking over 500,000 from me. Any ideas?

vorm
05-14-2012, 09:31 AM
What makes you think they are cheating? Just because someone has good stats and is kicking your butt does not necessarily make them a cheater/hacker/glitcher, they could just be good. :p

Crime City Mark
05-14-2012, 10:27 AM
It's hard to identify a cheater if you're not an admin. You see a player with thousands of dollars of gold items? Might just be a big spender. How about some items that you remember as being a promotional item? They might have also been a crate item back in the day, or obtainable through missions. Level 20 player with a huge base and tons of cash? Might have been camping since day one.

Feel free to report suspicious players. Just don't automatically assume they're cheating.

War Priest
05-14-2012, 11:24 AM
It's funny that the devs know what camping is. :D

stricker
05-14-2012, 11:32 AM
ie... aaaannnnndddd what are all of the events for??????????

...the dev gods know
eeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeerrrrrryyyyyyytttttthhhhhhiiiiii iinnnnnnngggggggg!

War Priest
05-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Haha, I know. Just funny to read them say it. :)

Crime City Mark
05-14-2012, 01:27 PM

Is that really strange? Some of us even do it on our personal accounts. We're all over the board when it comes to playstyle.

War Priest
05-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Is that really strange? Some of us even do it on our personal accounts. We're all over the board when it comes to playstyle.

To me it's strange. The devs are like the parents and us members are like the kids. Kids don't think their parents know everything. :D

And when parents try to use words that kids tend to create. How the kids think it's weird but the parent doesn't see anything wrong with it. :p

Bronson
05-14-2012, 01:34 PM

Why don't you and your boys get on the Fight Night thread and take on some of our boys!!!

Dreno33
05-14-2012, 01:34 PM
It's funny that the devs know what camping is. :DIs that really strange? Some of us even do it on our personal accounts. We're all over the board when it comes to playstyle.

Haha priceless. Yes, it is kinda funny (to us)

stricker
05-14-2012, 01:36 PM
:rolleyes:
To me it's strange. The devs are like the parents and us members are like the kids. Kids don't think their parents know everything. :D

And when parents try to use words that kids tend to create. How the kids think it's weird but the parent doesn't see anything wrong with it. :p
i have eyes in the back of my head when it comes to my kids!!! & when i try to speak their language they give me funny looks or some wise crack like you did WP...

so, @CCMark...:rolleyes:

Jp lfs
05-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Why don't you and your boys get on the Fight Night thread and take on some of our boys!!!

Oh heck yes!

This is the greatest idea yet. Forum Members Vs. Dev's!!! I love it. Just to see what some of them are packing, or if I ever "love-tapped" (or love-SHOVED) one of them along the way.

This is GENIUS.

Dreno33
05-14-2012, 01:46 PM

CAMPERS vs CAMPERS!

Woot-Woot!

Donnell
05-14-2012, 01:50 PM
352 324 707

Hello Kitty
05-14-2012, 03:01 PM
CAMPERS vs CAMPERS!

Woot-Woot!LOL! How would that work? A stare down from your base? Or wait a week to find the best opponent, wait a week to buy a unit, wait a week to tap, then wait a week to post? :D

Jp lfs
05-14-2012, 03:16 PM
LOL! How would that work? A stare down from your base? Or wait a week to find the best opponent, wait a week to buy a unit, wait a week to tap, then wait a week to post? :D

Bahahahahaha! Well done! Beautifully stated.

HomeoftheBrave
05-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Thank you, sir, for this info. I did not really think of it this way however something just doesn't add up with his guy. I am attacked by lots of far more powerful players and don't think anything of it. In fact, I enjoy looking at their stats, units, base, etc... and seeing what I can do differently to improve my own style of playing. This is why I was seeking further info, not because I am jealous of the guy or want him banned but because something isn't right. It's the same feeling I get when busting a guy who is a common criminal; you always know these people are up to no good compared to the honest, mistake-making citizens.

Crime City Mark
05-14-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure it'd be entirely fair, since we can easily model the best RoI with the information we have on hand. Also a lot of us have a head start. Also I've spent some cash on my account.

Thunder Child
05-14-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure it'd be entirely fair, since we can easily model the best RoI with the information we have on hand. Also a lot of us have a head start. Also I've spent some cash on my account.
Fair? Maybe not. Fun? ABSOLUTELY!!!!

manbeast
05-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Feel free to report suspicious players. Just don't automatically assume they're cheating.

whats the best way to go about reporting a player? dont see any report button on their profile page

Jp lfs
05-14-2012, 07:02 PM

Does this mean you're interested? I think our vote yes is almost unanimous.

Q Raider
05-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Now that would be fun with the Dev's involved.:D

Maybe if we asked nicely they could even set up a (temporary) situation wrt ally numbers so that players find it a little easier to make the numbers match in that regard.....

Or other things such as a limit on number of Golds you can bring to the "event".

Jp lfs
05-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Not necessary- The fight results are based on units lost, not win/loss.

Unless they are all gold, in which case it would still be fun to see their arsenal, right?

stricker
05-14-2012, 07:40 PM
LOL! How would that work? A stare down from your base? Or wait a week to find the best opponent, wait a week to buy a unit, wait a week to tap, then wait a week to post? :D
BAH-HA-HAH!!! ...good one HK. maybe it's more like golf???? who gets the fewest xp at the end of the week!!!

Hello Kitty
05-14-2012, 08:01 PM
BAH-HA-HAH!!! ...good one HK. maybe it's more like golf???? who gets the fewest xp at the end of the week!!!Hahahaha. Exactly!

Thunder Child
05-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Does this mean you're interested? I think our vote yes is almost unanimous.
Probably find that we already count one or two devs among our allies! Time to reveal yourselves!!

manbeast
05-14-2012, 08:06 PM
do any of you know the preferred method of reporting a player? i really need to report this guy hes pissing me off

stricker
05-14-2012, 08:21 PM
do any of you know the preferred method of reporting a player? i really need to report this guy hes pissing me offtake pics of ppl stats page and send in a ticket to support... if you are like me and cannot attach the pic from the in-game support button option, then change the email to come back to you first, then add the pick and send the email to support@funzio.com... that way they have your device id & ppl account info too.

Mcdoc
05-15-2012, 03:25 AM

So I'm a DJ and around young people a lot plus I listen to their music. So a few months back my 18 y/o was out with me shopping and I picked up a pair of shoes that my daughter thought I was to OLD (40y/o) to wear. So I said: "What's the matter honey, I could totally Rock those Kicks!"

She looked at me with a weird look and said: "Dad, please don't use the words 'Rock' and 'Kicks' in the same sentence EVER again".

LoL

cheiz
05-15-2012, 04:18 AM
Probably find that we already count one or two devs among our allies! Time to reveal yourselves!!

Yeah, I back that! Time to reveal yourselves!