PDA

View Full Version : How Many have you have made an honest mistake

Sasha54
05-14-2012, 08:10 AM
and mis-tapped and accidentally spent gold?

I don't normally have gold on hand so usually it isn't a problem - but I did something dumb again.

Has this happened to you and if so - do you bother filing a ticket?

Dreno33
05-14-2012, 08:11 AM
yes. my game was lagging so i pressed my upgrading building once more. spent ~44g. they refunded. so happy

Feng1234
05-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Not yet but that's probably cause I never have any gold... I wish I won the lotto and live the lotto dream... I'd spend 5k on this game first...

Cut! That's pretty sad...

jaywalker
05-14-2012, 08:24 AM
I have reset the timer at 1-5 seconds because I click before I see what time is left, I have missold gold buildings, reset timer at 200+ gold and other random mistakes. I have reported all of them and got the gold back .

tony187
05-14-2012, 08:25 AM
my screen glitched it went into someone elses account i started selling some of his building it only let me sell like 5 then i went bak into my account and my buildings were gone biiig mistake all my fav ones too atleast i got money for em though

Sasha54
05-14-2012, 08:32 AM
my screen glitched it went into someone elses account i started selling some of his building it only let me sell like 5 then i went bak into my account and my buildings were gone biiig mistake all my fav ones too atleast i got money for em though

That doesn't have anything to do with Gold bars - BUT you can't sell someone else's buildings.........

Rhino72
05-14-2012, 08:33 AM

I don't normally have gold on hand so usually it isn't a problem - but I did something dumb again.

I just did this last week. I had a missile turret at the edge of my border and I was trying to see when it would be done. For some reason the turrets at the edge of my screen on my ipad are always hard to click on find. I just kept randomly clicking and it wasn't coming up so I clicked faster and bam! It came up and I accidentally clicked on the finish with gold button now. Sadly it cost 50 gold so I submitted a ticket and it took 5 days but I got the gold refunded.

xclusiv
05-14-2012, 08:34 AM
The only mistake i made was installing this game

Gaming Will
05-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Yep, I hit reset timer with less than a minute to go. Filled out a ticket and they refunded me.

dudeman
05-14-2012, 08:38 AM

ALWAYS send a ticket when this happens, even if it only cost you 1 gold. We have been asking Funzio (almost to the point of begging/demanding) for MONTHS to implement a confirmation for gold spending. You have to confirm when you want to sell decorations and buildings, you have to confirm the fact that you got robbed (when it happens) and yet gold can just instantly disappear if you accidentally touch the screen twice really quick.

Something wrong with that.

DenZ1
05-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Good one :)

Sasha54
05-14-2012, 08:39 AM
I just did this last week. I had a missile turret at the edge of my border and I was trying to see when it would be done. For some reason the turrets at the edge of my screen on my ipad are always hard to click on find. I just kept randomly clicking and it wasn't coming up so I clicked faster and bam! It came up and I accidentally clicked on the finish with gold button now. Sadly it cost 50 gold so I submitted a ticket and it took 5 days but I got the gold refunded.

Mine is similar - I was doing an expansion and clicking to see what was left and it was being stubborn about showing me - all of a sudden it's there with the timer spinning - I'm like AAGGGHH - what's it doing - well what it was doing was an immediate expansion. More than 50 so I don't know if they will help with this one - I sent the ticket in right away - I'm sure they can double check the time.
All that gold I was saving for 2 Rock Cafes - boo......hoo....:mad:

DenZ1
05-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Had a glitch of several gold resets within 1min. Got full refund.
Nice and easy. That's one thing I do like about Funzio.

Feng1234
05-14-2012, 08:42 AM

Lololololz

Dillinja
05-14-2012, 08:43 AM
That doesn't have anything to do with Gold bars - BUT you can't sell someone else's buildings.........
Given the amount of hallucinogenics Tony's been taking he can do what he wants...in his own mind

Sasha54
05-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Given the amount of hallucinogenics Tony's been taking he can do what he wants...in his own mind

The guy's a tool............ooops - my bad!

sez
05-14-2012, 09:19 AM

I was half-asleep and somehow clicked "finish-Now" on a building and it took 79 gold. I did file a ticket since I had read here that this was actualy a pretty frequent mistake made by people. They re-credited my account. Takes 2 minutes to file a ticket. I would Sasha.

Vile Lynn
05-14-2012, 09:42 AM
ALWAYS send a ticket when this happens, even if it only cost you 1 gold. We have been asking Funzio (almost to the point of begging/demanding) for MONTHS to implement a confirmation for gold spending. You have to confirm when you want to sell decorations and buildings, you have to confirm the fact that you got robbed (when it happens) and yet gold can just instantly disappear if you accidentally touch the screen twice really quick.

Something wrong with that.

Well said, dudeman! Why are they dragging on this? How hard can it be?

Yeah, they refund mis-clicks/taps quickly, but really, it's getting old & this is another thread topic that has been posted to death! No offense, Sasha, I'm glad it was brought up again. :)

It's irritating that Funzio hasn't done something about it already... wish they would... we know that they know that this is an issue for us.

I would encourage everyone who mis-taps & spends gold unintentionally to send in a ticket. Fini.

Sasha54
05-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Well said, dudeman! Why are they dragging on this? How hard can it be?

Yeah, they refund mis-clicks/taps quickly, but really, it's getting old & this is another thread topic that has been posted to death! No offense, Sasha, I'm glad it was brought up again. :)

It's irritating that Funzio hasn't done something about it already... wish they would... we know that they know that this is an issue for us.

I would encourage everyone who mis-taps & spends gold unintentionally to send in a ticket. Fini.

no offense taken. Just that I did post something before about Funzio helping me out with a situation where I misclicked and it was quite a small amount of gold but I had commented on the fact that they had re-imbursed me.
Some forum members decided to flame me about it and hinted that I was just trying to use this to my own advantage and "pretend" I had made a mistake.

But seeing the positive responses from this thread has re-inforced the fact that I should file a ticket (did so right awa) and will continue to do so if I screw up again - actually not really my screw up since this is a well known issue.

But rightly said - won't post again about it for myself. But sometimes I think it is good to bring issues up so that people new to the forum will see them.......kwim.

SOME issues - not all.........:D

Max Power
05-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Why are they dragging on this? How hard can it be?

It's this way because they want it this way, it's painfully obvious. For every one person that complains, 10 others wont and they love the gold sales.

Pretty sad.....

Plux
05-14-2012, 10:44 AM
I've spent 45g somehow and don't know what it's done, I did complete a surveillance centre by mistake the other day. It's sooooooo easily done. tapjoy it back I say.

Sasha54
05-14-2012, 10:48 AM
I've spent 45g somehow and don't know what it's done, I did complete a surveillance centre by mistake the other day. It's sooooooo easily done. tapjoy it back I say.

That is not possible - won't happen.............if they help me that will be nice - otherwise will have to suck it up and buy more.........

tony187
05-14-2012, 05:43 PM

read the qs again\,, i kno u cant sell some1 elsees biuldings but after it was too late

joaquim
05-15-2012, 06:34 PM
I've made two mistakes the first one, I was going to my event screen from like 3 events ago and it was lagging so I clicked it again and ended up choosing the free option. Not surprising I got a fail.

The second one I wanted to move a building that I was upgrading and I accidentaly pressed the Finish Now button and lost a gold bar while only having 8. Luckily for me this was on my brother's account while I was helping him and not on my account so I don't know if that one counts as a mistake.

erik
05-15-2012, 08:35 PM
I have made a number of accidental purchases. Most of them during events after alarming in the middle of the night, usually an accidental rush or open, but yesterday I bought some 595 gold mask which I realized after seeing all my gold was gone in the morning. Awesome. Good thing CS is good about this.

I really wish there was a confirm button, but they are great, so I keep getting gold. :)

Sasha54
05-15-2012, 08:44 PM
I have made a number of accidental purchases. Most of them during events after alarming in the middle of the night, usually an accidental rush or open, but yesterday I bought some 595 gold mask which I realized after seeing all my gold was gone in the morning. Awesome. Good thing CS is good about this.

I really wish there was a confirm button, but they are great, so I keep getting gold. :)

So did you file a ticket and do you think you will get that much back?

I haven't heard back yet but I was giving them 5 days before I ask again -

Dipstik
05-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Four times. Once was an event where I accidentally hit the gold open instead of cash open. My bad. Enjoy my new crappy weapon. Twice were accidental time resets when I was waiting for the timer to tick down the last few seconds and bumped the screen. Once got refunded, once didn't, but I sent tickets for both. Once was when I was kinda drunk and showing my friends how the game worked and I bumped the "finish now" button while I was showing them the building I was upgrading. That got refunded.

I thank them for mostly correcting my stupid mistakes in this regard, but a "confirm" button would be really nice too.

erik
05-15-2012, 09:18 PM
@Sasha - They have taken back a weapon in the past and refunded as well as some other circumstances. In this case, I hope in time to have gold for the event end.

As a person with my sleep habits and fumbly fingers the length of my iphone I am glad they understand the touch screen problems a user can encounter.

My spending habits are also easy to chart if they ever looked. Gold Buildings. A few crates. The last day of an event, all for opens, until the last hour when I would rush. Thats it!

War Priest
05-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Accidentally spent over 1000 gold to finish my vault (didn't send a ticket)
Accidentally reset an event timer at 0:14 (didn't send a ticket)
Wasted 6K gold on two events and never got the last event item (this don't count)
Sold gold buildings
Bought a LE on mistake

I have made almost every mistake possible relating to gold and they usually refund it.

mongorie
05-15-2012, 09:38 PM
The main rule is... if you accidently spent gold and you submit a ticket...Funzio will refund you.
Hell, if you cry enough to them about spending gold on the events they might even give you more gold to spend on the events(has happened before)
Thumbs up to Funzio in this department! Thumbs down to imbalance and beta testing....

Bruce_law
05-15-2012, 09:44 PM
I had about 4 issues with miss click.

Although i needed to wait like 3~5 days i got refund on all of them.

A confirm button would be so useful...

War Priest
05-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Forgot to add I accidentally changed my country. Had to spend another 50 gold to change it back. Got a 100 gold refund though. :)

Swifty
05-16-2012, 01:55 AM
I try to never make mistakes, but especially honest ones.

Swearengen
05-16-2012, 10:24 AM

done it twice, costing me 15g ea time but didn't bother to do a ticket on it. If it was some huge purchase it might be a different story.

Bea
05-18-2012, 12:31 AM
everyone should submit tickets for this, only when funzio are spending more money on staff resolving the tickets than they are making from the misclicks will they give us a confirm button. i think it's underhand.

i've reset the timer accidentally during an event with only a minute left, and accidentally refilled my energy bar for 20 gold. and the tapjoy gold doesn't get added to my cc account, tapjoy said to email them every time but can i really be bothered?

kimberleyj
05-18-2012, 06:53 AM
i mispent gold on a reset with just over 1 minute to go.

OneHoop
11-06-2012, 07:55 AM
I haven't bought that much gold, but I invariably waste anything that wasn't spent. Usually on mafia members due to game lag in the menu>store>gold>mafia progression, but sometimes on energy fills due to job lootings (pro-tip: move the job to the top right or left corner before tapping).

It would be less of a problem and I'd be more likely to buy gold if I could put it in the bank. This strikes me as a problem Funzio is not interested in solving.

KizbotBro
11-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Necroed a thread to tell us your buying henchmen
sweet