PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best respect point farming strategy?

Dr BoneCrusher
05-14-2012, 08:03 AM
I know the forum has threads on how to do respect point farming. What I was hoping for, is a discussion on what style is best. Now thug life missions have a specific number of attacks on members with a specific mob count that gives a specific reward there is no variable in it. The only variables I see in what you attack buildings or people and what buildings and people you attack. Another factor i see is the dichotomy between respect points and experience and respect points and the amount of attacks you can preform. somewhere in these variables is the best maximum respect point farming Stratagy.

xclusiv
05-14-2012, 08:05 AM
imo the fastest and best way to get rp is from pvp, completeting the thug life and hardcore hitman missions and just pvp attacking, building stamnia to over 100, robbing for rp seems to be to time consuming and possibly not get as much as you would from attacks especially if you have cig or midas.

sexkitteh
05-14-2012, 08:09 AM
imo the fastest and best way to get rp is from pvp, completeting the thug life and hardcore hitman missions and just pvp attacking, building stamnia to over 100, robbing for rp seems to be to time consuming and possibly not get as much as you would from attacks especially if you have cig or midas.

What's the average RP:XP ratio from attacking players?

I've been told farming laundromats is the best way because you get more RP per level up. 2:1 RP:XP usually.

Is the ratio better when attacking players?

Dravak
05-14-2012, 08:11 AM
LoL how about playing the game , and memorising what gives best respec ,
xp to respect ratio best is LOFTS , not laundry mats ...

Dreno33
05-14-2012, 08:13 AM

yup. saved me time typing just now

sexkitteh
05-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Dravak - I'm level 9... I don't see a whole lot of lofts at my stage...

Dreno33
05-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Dravak - I'm level 9... I don't see a whole lot of lofts at my stage...

LM's it is

Burn
05-14-2012, 08:18 AM
If you have Thug Life as an option, plough as much of your stamina as you can into it. Hammer it. You get the PVP R, and the Reward R of 500.

If you have the Midas, then even better. If you have the Diamond Sig/Heater, better still again.

During Thug Life (I've sadly finished it now) I was doing 6000R daily, with 70 Stamina.

With the Midas boost this could be 8400R daily.

That is 7 x Exelero a day.

Emcee has estimated the value of an Exelero to be $47.2M

7 of those daily, you've now got a Respect Economy worth £330.4M per day, or $13.8M per hour.

Plus... You get all of the loot that drops from PVP, your Att and Def stats will go up alarmingly if you are low level and have been camping.

xclusiv
05-14-2012, 08:19 AM
what's the average rp:xp ratio from attacking players?

I've been told farming laundromats is the best way because you get more rp per level up. 2:1 rp:xp usually.

Is the ratio better when attacking players?

xp doesnt give you rp

why would you farm laundromats? 1 stamnia for 2 rp LOL

when you attack someone you can get 10 rp more or less per attack. for 1 stamnia plus up to 27xp depending what level you are.

Dravak
05-14-2012, 08:20 AM
LOL so basically you don't play the game your own way , but follow a strategy guide !
Why not go watch youtube ;)

Castun
05-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Lofts are good, but finding ones that need robbed can be a hassle. Laundromats are better IMHO, but only levels 4-7, and best ones are the level 7 ones because they sometimes give 3:1 and usually allow 3 robs per. Higher than that, and you either end up with 2XP & 2 Respect, or 2XP & 3 respect. At my level though it's actually difficult to find ones that aren't upgraded past that.

Fighting gives too much XP per respect IMHO, you almost never get more respect than XP, and sometimes it's even as terrible as 15xp:1 respect. That's even taking into account the Thug Life missions (after a certain point anyway.) The number needed to complete them keeps climbing, so all that XP you gain from the attacks themself will end up offsetting the reward at a certain level, although I don't really care enough to actually calculate it out.

Burn
05-14-2012, 08:22 AM
As for how much Stamina you need...

To get max amount, you need enough to cover the time you are sleeping.

But even if you have low Stamina... As long as you don't let the Stamina bar max out and go unused, you can use your full quota just as fast as it replenishes.

If 1 x Attack = 10 seconds, you can log onto your phone and go through 30 attacks in 5 minutes. Do that often enough to stop your stamina from sitting unused, and you can get high daily R numbers even without a huge Stamina bar.

The cap is time for stamina to replenish, not how big your Stamina bar is (Except for when you are asleep as said).

xclusiv
05-14-2012, 08:23 AM

stamnia............ not xp

Dravak
05-14-2012, 08:24 AM
ok to end all that bull**** , low levels respec xp problem , just don't pve , don't do goals .
Rob warehouse >clothing store > shoe store > laundry mats ...

Since you guys are playing something called midway strategy guides .

Dravak
05-14-2012, 08:24 AM
stamnia............ not xp
4xp 12 respec :p 1 to 3 yeah that is stamina xclusiv ;)

Dr BoneCrusher
05-14-2012, 08:29 AM
ok to end all that bull**** , low levels respec xp problem , just don't pve , don't do goals .
Rob warehouse >clothing store > shoe store > laundry mats ...

Since you guys are playing something called midway strategy guides .

I think clothing stores are the best you get a high number of RP per Exp almost 1 to 1 and if you are lucky enough to get the new event prize I could be over that.

xclusiv
05-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Pvp is king i have 300armoured police trucks from pvp with 19def along with all the rp for respect items imo pvp benefits outweigh robbing for rp

Dravak
05-14-2012, 08:37 AM
There is a reason to rob warehouses at low level , it gives you more income , completes your robbery goals ..give fat xp and respec , it fills the need of 3-4 in 1 goals , money to buy equipment , xp to gain beter skills , respec for beter weapons , robbery goals done for more respec .

Look camping is all nice and well , and following a guide is all nice and well .
But being a noob following a guide , without understanding what you want to achieve !
That is just dumb , you cannot play with the gods unless you spent gold !

So what is your goal in this game ? camping then stay camping , build the biggest baddest city in CC.
Want to be powerfull in speed time ,then optimise leveling , farming ,building , with money gain and goals that give respec ..

Buildings you rob should fit that goal ,want to play with the gods , well then check you allowence , see how much you can spend , and base your strategy on that .

sexkitteh
05-14-2012, 08:38 AM
xp doesnt give you rp

why would you farm laundromats? 1 stamnia for 2 rp LOL

when you attack someone you can get 10 rp more or less per attack. for 1 stamnia plus up to 27xp depending what level you are.

Because by the time I get to lvl200 I'd like to have the most RP possible...

If I get say 10xp:1rp that means I get to next level with LESS RP than if I was getting 1xp:3rp...

Make sense? Would you like me to google translate it to another language?

Dillinja
05-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Morning Kitteh....Monday morning blues? >_<

sexkitteh
05-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Morning Kitteh....Monday morning blues? >_<

http://www.laughnet.net/archive/toons/handgun.gif

Dravak
05-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Because by the time I get to lvl200 I'd like to have the most RP possible...

If I get say 10xp:1rp that means I get to next level with LESS RP than if I was getting 1xp:3rp...

Make sense? Would you like me to google translate it to another language?

Maybe I shall translate for you kitteh , for your optimal 10xp:1rp low levels is crap .
That is achieved in the mid 60-80 , where laundry mats are upgraded more respec is gained from fights .
Beter buildings are available to rob , to get there unbeated , yes you need to spent 2 months camping.

Camping at low level is for giant city buildings , since all resources get put back into the city ..
Then when you are ready , you are not even in the top 5 of every 10 brackets ..
Why there are people camping at the right brackets everywhere .. some of them like polar bear ..
You can't even touch .

So on your way to 200 as a camper you are never in the top 5 , since plenty of people spending gold .

Dillinja
05-14-2012, 08:46 AM
moar lulz plz...

xxx

sexkitteh
05-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Maybe I shall translate for you kitteh , for your optimal 10xp:1rp low levels is crap .
That is achieved in the mid 60-80 , where laundry mats are upgraded more respec is gained from fights .
Beter buildings are available to rob , to get there unbeated , yes you need to spent 2 months camping.

Camping at low level is for giant city buildings , since all resources get put back into the city ..
Then when you are ready , you are not even in the top 5 of every 10 brackets ..
Why there are people camping at the right brackets everywhere .. some of them like polar bear ..
You can't even touch .

So on your way to 200 as a camper you are never in the top 5 , since plenty of people spending gold .

http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~tashbook/spring2010/ise108/_Media/windmill_beard.jpeg

Dravak
05-14-2012, 08:54 AM
So with other words go watch youtube !

Dr BoneCrusher
05-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Almost every thread I read people say when you get to the so called shark pool everything before doesn't matter you will get beat up by big gold spenders. They are probably right but, so what. If the time they spend playing the game really didn't matter they wouldn't be here talking about it. Game style and Strategy matter to most of us lets keep it there and worry about big gold spenders at the end.

Burn
05-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Bonecrusher knows.

Swifty
05-14-2012, 09:32 AM
@sexkitteh

Could you translate that into Swiss or Belgian, please?

dudeman
05-14-2012, 09:34 AM
IMO, the best respect farming strategy is whichever strategy gets you as many Respect Points as possible in the shortest time possible, and since that means XP is not a factor* I believe that strategy is aggressive PvP.

PvP gives you 1-11 RP per fight, plus whatever special modifier you may have (event bonuses).
PvP provides the chance for random loot drop. Free items with decent stats.

*XP is not a factor in this strategy because the PvP loot items are combined with wise spending of RP, and that's all it really takes to remain competitive for free. You want to get better faster? One word: gold.

Edit: Another benefit to aggressively fighting rivals is that it keeps your fight record looking good even if you get beat up a lot. You can lose 120 fights/day max., so if you win 400-500 fights/day you can get beat up all day long and still have a decent record. Do not assume that gaining levels will cause you to take on massive losses from players you can't compete with!

Edit2: 120 losses is the maximum number of fights you can lose per day when you are attacked! You could lose 500 fights/day if you're attacking players stronger than you.

Dr BoneCrusher
05-14-2012, 09:43 AM
IMO, the best respect farming strategy is whichever strategy gets you as many Respect Points as possible in the shortest time possible, and since that means XP is not a factor* I believe that strategy is aggressive PvP.

PvP gives you 1-11 RP per fight, plus whatever special modifier you may have (event bonuses).
PvP provides the chance for random loot drop. Free items with decent stats.

*XP is not a factor in this strategy because the PvP loot items are combined with wise spending of RP, and that's all it really takes to remain competitive for free. You want to get better faster? One word: gold.

Don't get me wrong I am a fan of gold spending. I bought early and big now I spend with a Purpose to get event items or bombs and buy on sale.

Ramshutu
05-14-2012, 12:00 PM
I know the forum has threads on how to do respect point farming. What I was hoping for, is a discussion on what style is best. Now thug life missions have a specific number of attacks on members with a specific mob count that gives a specific reward there is no variable in it. The only variables I see in what you attack buildings or people and what buildings and people you attack. Another factor i see is the dichotomy between respect points and experience and respect points and the amount of attacks you can preform. somewhere in these variables is the best maximum respect point farming Stratagy.

I made an in-depth post about this a little while ago:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24234-TL-vs-Robbing-(Maths-is-Fun!)

TL is the best stam/RP. It ceases to be the best strategy (compared to raiding laundromats) in terms of xp/RP at attack 50 people.

Dr BoneCrusher
05-14-2012, 12:15 PM

TL is the best stam/RP. It ceases to be the best strategy (compared to raiding laundromats) in terms of xp/RP at attack 50 people.

Love the thread you started learned a little about clothing stores. The thing is lofts are hard to find and but if I couple lm with ca I could get more bang for the expearnce used.

Spartacus
05-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Best RP per level would be robbing Lofts, Laundromats, Collection Agencies, etc.

Best RP per time consumed would be attacking through PvP and completing TL and HH goals.

murf
05-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Depends on your goal...if you want to stay top 5% all the way through and play an active style, do pvp to accomplish thug-life and hh goals.

If you want to crawl and be the top 0.25% of players and play a semi-active/passive strategy then robbing LMs, CAs, Lofts etc, it the optimal strategy b/c you are looking for rp/xp ratio.

You may mix in early TL/HH goals, but I don't remember how many you need to defeat to earn the bonus or what xp you earn at the mid-levels. For instance, if you need 50 wins for TL & HH Goal and you earn 3 RP per attack. Then effectively you earn 23 RP per attack against someone who helps you attain both goals (500 RP / 50 win needed x's 2 + 3 RP/attack). My guess is your average XP earned is less then 16/attack, you are still getting a very high ratio of RP/XP

murf
05-14-2012, 12:31 PM

But that if you include HH goals into the equation? That will make a significant difference.

Ramshutu
05-14-2012, 01:40 PM
But that if you include HH goals into the equation? That will make a significant difference.

Treating them separately, no. If you treat them together (Using fights for both TL and HH at the same time) it has an effect. I'm not sure whether it is significant. You can modify the equations using 200/1000 instead of 100/500. But this assumes TL kills = HH kills.

Ramshutu
05-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Also note the stats defined includes bonus RP items you earn every 5 rounds.

murf
05-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Treating them separately, no. If you treat them together (Using fights for both TL and HH at the same time) it has an effect. I'm not sure whether it is significant. You can modify the equations using 200/1000 instead of 100/500. But this assumes TL kills = HH kills.

Yeah, I meant to treat them together, as you can choose opponents who satisfy both goals. It has to make PvP attractive longer, since you are adding a 1XP/5RP ratio to the equation.

I would say that optimal strategy to maximize both time and XP would be to PvP if you can satisfy both goals, otherwise PvE vs LMs, CA's, Lofts, etc...