PDA

View Full Version : Help to build a better army (weak pvp stats)

transfer
05-14-2012, 04:01 AM
Hello.

I've been playing MW since last december but I've been more focused on CC.

Trying to apply the income route from CC to MW, I've completely neglected the PvP part in that game as soon as the losses became bigger to whatever return I was getting from raiding/attacking people.

On the other side, I believe my Econ is very strong so I should be able consolidate my army with cash units first before Valor units, question is which units should I go for ?

As an idea, here's my stats:
Wins 731/138 (I've won most of the fights in the early levels, even had like 300/15 at a point, but lately I only got red on my wall)
Raids 905/23 (Same here, I stopped raiding except when I'm close to a level but losing Anti Aircraft Vehicles for a measly 20k)
Allies : 51
Atk : 2982
Def : 3715

Iph : 440k+

How should I go to minimize losses in preparation for higher level pvp ? Should I first consolidate my Def by buying Sea units or stick to Infantry cause of bonus ?
Any help is welome, I'm quite noob for pvp, haven't done for months and every time I do, it's like the losses are way bigger than the return.

Hassleham
05-14-2012, 05:25 AM
Switch to uk flag and use frigates/submarines with infantry for meatshields. Then slowly add some air units. Then start converting your force to cruisers/hovercraft whilst saving up >30k valor to buy sf/sh

RedLabit
05-14-2012, 05:57 AM
If you don't do a lot of pvp, search and read youj's guide here. He is also playing China.

If you play your cards right, playing China can be quite fun, especially on the defense side. I'm also playing China.
Medics, Snipers, AT & Flamers all serve their function very well, by preventing their corresponding defense units from going to battle when you attack.

This is what I've done with my red army.
1. Horde a large battalion of medics that will never go out for war.
2. As I progressed, I replaced them with global stealth drones + ambulance, covered by an even larger team of snipers+AT. This means that I will not loose GHD+ambulances when I attack.
3. Finally, I have flamers to cover the ultra expensive stealth drones.

In summary, although not the most powerful, China with the infantry boost serve a very good function in attacking (meat shields) and defending (preventing the lost of defensive units).

I'm now working towards the 400 valor pvp rank unit... This is one of the more achievable unit and my heart will bleed less if it is lost in a battle. hehe

el_gringo
05-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Whats your unity density like? Do you have many indestructible units?

I ask because I think you should probably RAISE your ally count, if you can.

Problem is its become pretty fashionable to drop your allies. If you haven't spent much gold your probably a lot better adding allies so you aren't fighting mainly indestructible and valour units.

I know its a completely different game but in KA all the 'good' players with MW/CC experience seem to have really limited their allies (me included). I'm finding each ally I add puts me into a new, easier group with people who haven't got enough units or equipment for their slots!

transfer
05-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the answers.

I'm a free player and intend to stay so, meaning I have no Gold available to me whatsoever.
My few rare indestructible units comes only from events and even I have missed quite many.

About the unit density, I only have 51 allies but do you suggest I add more ? I notice I constantly get attacked by people with more allies than me, could range from 60 to 80+.

I constantly fuel my army with Medics but they seem to disappear quite fast and by now, I'm not even sure they contribute that much to my def (can bring 205 units to atk/def, and I have 3715 def), yet I still get plenty of red on my wall daily.

I have not yet unlocked the Stealth Drone, my air field is at lv.8 but I'll be doing that quite soon, 30def per unit looks nice. Sorry, what is AT ?

I will definitely try to follow your strategy RedLabit although I have plenty of non-infantry units that I bring to each battle, some quite expensive (200k+) and no matter what, I seem to lose one of these every odd fight. Anything to minimize this or only pick up high reward targets ?

el_gringo
05-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the answers.

I'm a free player and intend to stay so, meaning I have no Gold available to me whatsoever.
My few rare indestructible units comes only from events and even I have missed quite many.

About the unit density, I only have 51 allies but do you suggest I add more ? I notice I constantly get attacked by people with more allies than me, could range from 60 to 80+.

I constantly fuel my army with Medics but they seem to disappear quite fast and by now, I'm not even sure they contribute that much to my def (can bring 205 units to atk/def, and I have 3715 def), yet I still get plenty of red on my wall daily.

I have not yet unlocked the Stealth Drone, my air field is at lv.8 but I'll be doing that quite soon, 30def per unit looks nice. Sorry, what is AT ?

I will definitely try to follow your strategy RedLabit although I have plenty of non-infantry units that I bring to each battle, some quite expensive (200k+) and no matter what, I seem to lose one of these every odd fight. Anything to minimize this or only pick up high reward targets ?

Yeah, stick your ally code on the ally forum and for every ally you add buy 4 medics. Don't do ANYTHING else for a while, other than upgrading buildings and your vault. Once the attacks cool down you can start thinking about other things.

Poopenshire
05-14-2012, 12:25 PM
I recommend Military Ambulances, I have 800 as my base def they boost defense at the best cost, i am moving to the Mine-launcher and STealth Survailance Drone to supplant all others. I experiemented and drop >40 allies to find a sweet spot, but doing so dropped my defense score by over 2500. All of sudden people who were not able to beat me were.

SirMW
05-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Nice Iph. With 440K, that's over 10 millions in a day. If you are not on anyone's news feed, I would consider dropping your allies count while trying to buildup defense with Stealth Surveillance Drone. Once you have a level 9 air field, put all your money on Stealth Surveillance Drone while upgrading your Air Hanger. Composite building really helps but, it will cost you about 250 gold.
Stealth Surveillance Drone would also mean you must upgrade your attacking unit in order not to bring the Drone into battles. I use Sub and Seals as a disposable unit for attack.
The causality rate is also another factor why I choose low allies. Everyone have their sweet spot so your mileage will varies.

Ramshutu
05-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Your stats mean that you are getting 15/19 per ally, or an average of 3.75/4.75 per unit brought to battle.

This means buying units greater than this will boost your stats. I would recommend buying frigates 5/8 and hitting the amphibious squad leader in the docks for ATs (6/8) to rapidly boost stats. 100 frigates will raise your stats by at least 100/500.

Then move into cruisers/amphibious hovercrafts. If you are getting hit a lot, the low loss will help significantly.

RedLabit
05-14-2012, 07:04 PM
You are probably at an ally level where your rivals have full valor units or gold units.
These players can easily beat your team of medics or ambulances.

Like someone here said, I suggest to find a sweet spot for your ally no.s at your lvl. Try increasing your allies until your medic defense is better than average in your rival list, then amass a horde of ambulances. Ambulances are effective up to lvl85 at least. Forget about buying the global hawk drones & snipers, and instead invest in rangers. The cheaper rangers will prevent the loss of ambulances during pvp and allow you to store up valor points.