PDA

View Full Version : Some Inventory Items I've Never Seen Before...

AppleMacGuy
05-14-2012, 01:54 AM
Folks, anyone know where these originated as I've never come across them? Found them on a Level 168 player:

http://www.toolbox.uk.com/images/cc/mechanized-guard.jpghttp://www.toolbox.uk.com/images/cc/power-racer.jpg
http://www.toolbox.uk.com/images/cc/tiger-blades.jpghttp://www.toolbox.uk.com/images/cc/despoiler.jpg

CounterSniper
05-14-2012, 02:01 AM
Nice, Someone posted a Shuriken of some kind a day or two ago.

Looks like some new items on the horizon. Maybe Scratcher related?, crates?, idk

Looking forward to them though.

Dravak
05-14-2012, 02:07 AM
I have the strangest feeling monsterhunt is out , and certain people farm them all on the right time .....
That is my speculation , not a fact ..

CounterSniper
05-14-2012, 02:09 AM
I have the strangest feeling monsterhunt is out , and certain people farm them all on the right time .....
That is my speculation , not a fact ..

Could also be a Beta tester. who knows.

xclusiv
05-14-2012, 02:52 AM
just like the dragon star,

these items do not come from scratchers im positive,

scratcher items are not this powerful

Dravak
05-14-2012, 02:54 AM
Go hunt monsters Xclusiv , am too old to be tapping on the maps after server reset time ...

Bruiser
05-14-2012, 02:59 AM
They do look good though!

AppleMacGuy
05-14-2012, 03:37 AM
They do look good though!

Yeah quite...that's why I want some :p...certainly that Mech. Guard & the Power Racer both look tasty...

McLovin
05-14-2012, 03:44 AM
I remember seeing Golden M4A1s in a few beta tester's inventories shortly before the first event. Going with CC Mark's mention of scratchers soon (didn't he say hopeful early this week??), I reckon these are either scratcher or monster related. The different strengths would make sense with scratchers - kind of like common, uncommon and rare crate items. The really strong items would make sense for monsters if they were 'rare' to find too.

xclusiv
05-14-2012, 03:51 AM
there is scratchers for beta but the items are not more powerful that 40 attack or def, this is something else

xclusiv
05-14-2012, 07:50 AM
there is also this item, http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu202/mak-rev/a948ab9a.jpg

i also have seen a vehicle called fluid transfer will screen shot if i come across it again

Roboss
05-14-2012, 08:43 AM
there is scratchers for beta but the items are not more powerful that 40 attack or def, this is something else

Hello...
Maybe a really really really stupid question, but what's a scratcher and how can I find those? I am lost... Everyone here talks about them, but I have no idea, and I am a VERY regular player.

Sorry if I'm posting a stupid question ;-)

DenZ1
05-14-2012, 08:44 AM
I was about to post screen shots of this guy and ask same questions. Something fishy is going on. I hope he is just a leaked tester. Items are so good.... to be true :)

DenZ1
05-14-2012, 08:46 AM
It was the other player though. So its not just one.

Joeycool
05-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Could also be a Beta tester. who knows.

This is an interesting comment! ;)

Joeycool
05-14-2012, 09:18 AM
just like the dragon star,

these items do not come from scratchers im positive,

scratcher items are not this powerful

This comment is incorrect.

JimmyShines
05-14-2012, 09:28 AM
This comment is incorrect.

+1.........;)

Swifty
05-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Then I want some scratchers.

blondealex
05-14-2012, 09:32 AM
I am ready to start scratching as well.

BOS
05-14-2012, 09:32 AM

Me too, you two need to share beta with the rest of us ;)

honghim
05-14-2012, 09:35 AM

+1. Or I just want to be a beta tester??

Joeycool
05-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Just read what Fizzle wrote - You dont need to assume anything about Beta testing that may or may not exist :

Scratchers! These are daily items that you can "scratch" to earn bonuses and items. You will get a scratcher each day and you will be able to get anything from gold to exteremely rare items. There will also be limited edition items that will come and go too! You can choose to buy more tickets a day but it's all about luck! You will all have a chance to win a high quality item regardless of whether you pay or not. :)

sez
05-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Just read what Fizzle wrote - You dont need to assume anything about Beta testing that may or may not exist :

I just came across that "Ill-Literate" guy in-game. Xclusive is commenting with him right now and from what I read both him and xclusive are ALREADY doing "Scratchers" but this guy has recieved better weapons then X.

Bunk if you ask me.

2Legit
I Love those items

Dillinja

JC....good afternoon, how are you on this wonderful and fine monday?
lost it in fergie time (sorry I couldnt resist!)

Oh and my mood link yesterday was - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7zDWpNBc3s
just in case you missed it :P

Joeycool
05-14-2012, 10:00 AM
JC....good afternoon, how are you on this wonderful and fine monday?
lost it in fergie time (sorry I couldnt resist!)

Oh and my mood link yesterday was - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7zDWpNBc3s
just in case you missed it :P

I saw it scumball! ;)

Im okay. Ive had a strange day... In homage of Manchester City's Premier League success, today, I have be chucking money at things until they stop being sh1t.

BOS
05-14-2012, 10:05 AM
I saw it scumball! ;)

Im okay. Ive had a strange day... In homage of Manchester City's Premier League success, today, I have be chucking money at things until they stop being sh1t.

JC, I just went thru your inventory. Nice stuff... all from scratchers??? Or can you even anwser that?

Joeycool
05-14-2012, 10:07 AM
JC, I just went thru your inventory. Nice stuff... all from scratchers??? Or can you even anwser that?

Stop going through my stuff!!! Jesus! Is there no privacy in this place! GOD! ;)

BOS
05-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Stop going through my stuff!!! Jesus! Is there no privacy in this place! GOD! ;)

Sweet, can't wait ;)!!

Rhino72
05-14-2012, 10:48 AM
I just saw another fellow forum members who picked up close to 10K in stats since I last checked. I thought gold might have been used but when I checked:

Guerrilla Rifle 33 / 20 (86 of them)
Getaway Runner 14 / 25 (vehicle 81 of them)
Fluid Transfer 93 / 57 (vehicle 10 of them)

+ a few other items.

If these items are beta items do they get taken away after being beta tested?

sez
05-14-2012, 10:52 AM
I just saw another fellow forum members who picked up close to 10K in stats since I last checked. I thought gold might have been used but when I checked:

Guerrilla Rifle 33 / 20 (86 of them)
Getaway Runner 14 / 25 (vehicle 81 of them)
Fluid Transfer 93 / 57 (vehicle 10 of them)

+ a few other items.

If these items are beta items do they get taken away after being beta tested?

Doubt it! wow kinda crazy

DenZ1
05-14-2012, 10:57 AM
It better be gone....
No offence.

Rhino72
05-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Doubt it! wow kinda crazy

10 Despoilers and 10 Tiger Blades, AMG mentioned earlier. If they were all bought with some kind of gold purchase in Beta whatever the daily lottery ticket turns out to be so be it. On the other hand if this is another glitch / hack or whatever you call it then I will be pissed.

BOS
05-14-2012, 10:59 AM
10 Despoilers and 10 Tiger Blades, AMG mentioned earlier. If they were all bought with some kind of gold purchase in Beta whatever the daily lottery ticket turns out to be so be it. On the other hand if this is another glitch / hack or whatever you call it then I will be pissed.

It's all Beta, we will have a chance soon...

Rhino72
05-14-2012, 11:01 AM
It's all Beta, we will have a chance soon...

Wow, I always thought BETA was in some kind of UAT environment and then rolled out into production at some point.

BOS
05-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Wow, I always thought BETA was in some kind of UAT environment and then rolled out into production at some point.

I remember talking with certain forum members when the first event (sig) was in beta. I noticed they had inventory that wasn't available to me... they confirmed that the event was infact in beta, and I could see them on my rival list for the duration (i think)

Max Power
05-14-2012, 11:21 AM
I haven't seen Scratchers inventory this powerful in Beta, but I suppose it could be there.

It's acting kinda funky, so we may be a ways away yet.

Nicholost
05-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Funzio may be the only software company I know of who does QA testing in Production. I'd participate if they asked me, but it's very unusual... probably because it's extremely frowned upon; as in, don't do it. It's a really good way to introduce bad data into a good environment.

Xira
05-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Funzio may be the only software company I know of who does QA testing in Production. I'd participate if they asked me, but it's very unusual... probably because it's extremely frowned upon; as in, don't do it. It's a really good way to introduce bad data into a good environment.

They have QA servers as well. Its a multi stage system, they are doing it right.

Rhino72

For at least 1 person to have over 300 of these items already I am really interested in what this "something else" might be...

JimmyShines
.....If these items are beta items do they get taken away after being beta tested?

For this version, they will have too, based on the issues experienced by all testers.

Rhino72
05-14-2012, 11:46 AM
For this version, they will have too, based on the issues experienced by all testers.

Interesting, I guess I will make sure not to attack / rob certain people until normal is restored...

Nicholost
05-14-2012, 11:53 AM
They have QA servers as well. Its a multi stage system, they are doing it right.

I don't doubt that they have a QA environment, nor do I doubt they are using it for stuff, but testing on Prod is no bueno. The more appropriate method would be to take a Prod snapshot on QA, point all Beta-Tester devices at QA, and have them test/play there. Once the tests are complete, wipe the items/changes the Beta-Testers acquired during testing, point them back at Prod, and reimburse them with gold for their time. That ensures Prod remains pure and QA is a mirror image of Prod, minus strange test data.

To be clear, I'm not upset about this. It just feels dirty using Prod for Beta-testing.

Yahkin
05-14-2012, 11:56 AM
For being told to not talk about beta stuff, there sure is a lot of talk about beta stuff.

DenZ1
05-14-2012, 11:59 AM
How can't you talk about something that is right in your face?

Rhino72
05-14-2012, 12:02 PM
How can't you talk about something that is right in your face?

+ 1

I am only talking about what I have stumbled upon in the actual game. The only thing I can assume as others have is this is actual released content and we are trying to find out how to acquire these new production items.

sez
05-14-2012, 12:03 PM
For being told to not talk about beta stuff, there sure is a lot of talk about beta stuff.

What do you expect when they put beta items into PROD for everyone to see?

JimmyShines
05-14-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't doubt that they have a QA environment, nor do I doubt they are using it for stuff, but testing on Prod is no bueno. The more appropriate method would be to take a Prod snapshot on QA, point all Beta-Tester devices at QA, and have them test/play there. Once the tests are complete, wipe the items/changes the Beta-Testers acquired during testing, point them back at Prod, and reimburse them with gold for their time. That ensures Prod remains pure and QA is a mirror image of Prod, minus strange test data.

To be clear, I'm not upset about this. It just feels dirty using Prod for Beta-testing.

+1, hopefully with the new accusation, the parent company will implement the correct system. Time will tell.

Yahkin
05-14-2012, 12:16 PM
I have no problem with people not in beta talking about apparent beta items. But beta testers are not suppose to reveal their identity or confirm anything about beta. From this thread alone I've identified several beta testers based on their responses.

Xira
05-14-2012, 12:35 PM
I have no problem with people not in beta talking about apparent beta items. But beta testers are not suppose to reveal their identity or confirm anything about beta. From this thread alone I've identified several beta testers based on their responses.

From what I see they are pretty much being called out due to this thread and these items...

Xira
05-14-2012, 12:46 PM

You are definitely right IF that stage in some capacity already doesnt exist. In my opinion though you still need a beta or limited rollout on production however. Some things just cannot be fully tested/accounted for until it's mixed into the masses.

Max Power
05-14-2012, 01:04 PM

The stuff actually shows up in our inventory. What are we supposed to do?

Whoopdido1980
05-14-2012, 01:22 PM
PERHAPS the beta version is broken and PERHAPS beta testers are able to get many scratchers per day. PERHAPS a beta tester informed Funzio about this 3 days ago. PERHAPS they're working on it.

Just speculating...PERHAPS.

Max Power
05-14-2012, 01:25 PM
PERHAPS the beta version is broken and PERHAPS beta testers are able to get many scratchers per day. PERHAPS a beta tester informed Funzio about this 3 days ago. PERHAPS they're working on it.

LOL....that's why perhaps I am not getting too attached to the inventory. It is behaving oddly on my phone, but normally on my iPod, which is kinda odd. I was going to report it tonight but perhaps someone already has....perhaps.

I have not seen any weapons close to as valuable as above, so perhaps that is another glitch.....

Rhino72
05-14-2012, 01:29 PM

This is true. Yahkin, it is actually pretty easy to pick out Beta testers just by change of posting habits that happened over the last few months. I also don't think as a Beta tester they are completely stripped from communicating on the forums. The real problem is that leaving the items in the players production inventory is the real red flag and it is outing them. Nicholost posted how one would expect a test environment to work and it is shocking that isn't the case here.

Navi Ho
05-14-2012, 01:32 PM
LOL....that's why perhaps I am not getting too attached to the inventory. It is behaving oddly on my phone, but normally on my iPod, which is kinda odd. I was going to report it tonight but perhaps someone already has....perhaps.

I have not seen any weapons close to as valuable as above, so perhaps that is another glitch.....

Perhaps that is a difference between normal and HD version. HD version on I-Pad still has many issues, but is not as choppy as it use to be.

Rhino72
05-14-2012, 01:32 PM

I am confused is Beta broken or is production broken because they sound one in the same?

Whoopdido1980
05-14-2012, 01:33 PM

PERHAPS I've seen some items in the 80-90 A/D range. PERHAPS I have not seen anything higher than that. PERHAPS they exist though. PERHAPS it would be extremely difficult to get those high level weapons.

Nicholost
05-14-2012, 01:33 PM
You are definitely right IF that stage in some capacity already doesnt exist. In my opinion though you still need a beta or limited rollout on production however. Some things just cannot be fully tested/accounted for until it's mixed into the masses.

I see what you are saying; bugs and oddities will always come out of nowhere in Prod and take everyone by surprise. However, that's why you take a Prod snapshot on QA; so you test there with Prod-worthy data and scenarios to minimize these to the best of your abilities. Best practice says never test on Prod.

Crime City Mark
05-14-2012, 01:38 PM

You're supposed to abstain from the conversation. That goes for you as well Joey.

Whoopdido1980
05-14-2012, 01:39 PM
I am confused is Beta broken or is production broken because they sound one in the same?

All I'm going to say...and I probably shouldn't even say this much is that beta testers currently have the ability to exploit a MAJOR glitch and could potentially become unbeatable. As far as I know the beta itself is not broken. The problem lies with having 2 versions of the game on one device and switching between them. Funzio is aware of the problem.

That said, I would have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER if Funzio removed all items gained by beta testers.

Fricco
05-14-2012, 01:42 PM
PERHAPS we should all be beta testers and find out what all this sniffing and scratching is for ourselves.... PERHAPS

Yahkin
05-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Near as I can tell...I'm the only forum nut who isn't a beta tester. lol

Rhino72
05-14-2012, 01:45 PM
All I'm going to say...and I probably shouldn't even say this much is that beta testers currently have the ability to exploit a MAJOR glitch and could potentially become unbeatable. As far as I know the beta itself is not broken. The problem lies with having 2 versions of the game on one device and switching between them. Funzio is aware of the problem.

That said, I would have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER if Funzio removed all items gained by beta testers.

Trust me that is what I am afraid of after seeing some of the items in my rivals inventories.