PDA

View Full Version : What determines how many battle points you get?

LeBarticus
05-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Sometimes it's 75, sometimes its 50 etc.

Hassleham
05-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Nobody knows..

War Priest
05-13-2012, 02:47 PM
It's just random. Same with how many XP and valor you get from battles.

Q Raider
05-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Primary calculation appears to be related to Defence strength of person you are attacking.

I was raiding an opponent with a defense almost the same as my attack, winning and getting just on 98 points per attack.

Losses were pretty tragic so had a look and noticed he had the Gold protection building (forgot the name) and it was at level 5.

Knocked it out and on the third hit of that building and all subsequent ones the points dropped to 85.

Hassleham
05-13-2012, 03:14 PM
It's just random. Same with how many XP and valor you get from battles.

XP has definitely increased though!

LeBarticus
05-13-2012, 03:22 PM
I feel like when you battle someone whos stats are very low compared to your own, you don't get as many as if their stats were closer to equal

War Priest
05-13-2012, 03:25 PM
I feel like when you battle someone whos stats are very low compared to your own, you don't get as many as if their stats were closer to equal

That is true.

Hassleham
05-13-2012, 03:28 PM

Even when I beat someone with similar stats to me I still get naff all points though..

Arizona
05-13-2012, 04:38 PM

Most of my opponents have a defence just under half my attack. Is that very low compared to others? I notice i don't pick up as many bp's as others. I get around 50 but i hear others talk more around the 100 mark...
...and as the bp's go up do the xp as well?

Q Raider
05-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Rank seems to have an effect as well.

Just ranked up to lieutenant during a raid run and the points jumped from 71 as Sergeant to 85 as Lieutenant.

FYI got the cash points and one free Marine (Low Casualty).

Bought a couple more to see how long they last.

Did another raid and points back down.....then realised that I had upped my attack points by a fair whack so definitely attacking close to your points gives more Battle Points.....and more losses!!!

Hello Kitty
05-13-2012, 05:04 PM
The individual drops seem somewhat random within the rank, but the sum of each hit has to total for the range given for the rank as well as the sub levels within the rank.

I started tracking it and it still makes no sense. See columns P - T for the individual hits on the Rankings link in my signature.

hound
05-13-2012, 06:03 PM
That is true.

I've noticed the same. High defense= high battle points. Then again, I was farming off my 100 bp rival (I'm sure by now the dude is very angry with me, but I left him a note that I will offer my alliance once he helps me reach LT) and on the 3rd attack the bp dropped to 19, then back to 100.

Watash
05-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Rank seems to have an effect as well.

Just ranked up to lieutenant during a raid run and the points jumped from 71 as Sergeant to 85 as Lieutenant.

FYI got the cash points and one free Marine (Low Casualty).

Bought a couple more to see how long they last.

Did another raid and points back down.....then realised that I had upped my attack points by a fair whack so definitely attacking close to your points gives more Battle Points.....and more losses!!!

That Hardened Marine that becomes available at LT rank, is it a valor unit?

KCh
05-13-2012, 06:41 PM
I've noticed the same. High defense= high battle points. Then again, I was farming off my 100 bp rival (I'm sure by now the dude is very angry with me, but I left him a note that I will offer my alliance once he helps me reach LT) and on the 3rd attack the bp dropped to 19, then back to 100.

The bp dropped to 19 because you only needed 19 more bp to level up to the next rank.

KCh
05-13-2012, 06:44 PM
That Hardened Marine that becomes available at LT rank, is it a valor unit?

Yes, all of the new units unlocked at the PvP ranks are valor units.

hound
05-13-2012, 08:48 PM
The bp dropped to 19 because you only needed 19 more bp to level up to the next rank.

Well that sucks- I would think it would just carry over. I feel shorted bp points on an attack that should have yielded more... Why does this sounds awfully familiar with this game? Feel short change for stuff... Hmmmm

manbeast
05-13-2012, 10:17 PM
i've only done about 10 fights today... but every single fight i get a lousy 4 BP. whats up with that?

LeBarticus
05-13-2012, 10:30 PM
I kinda wish the valor units were still indestructible... But at the same time you can get a lot more of them with 100k valor, I just hope the loss rates aren't too bad...