PDA

View Full Version : PvP Guide

Njwmrb
05-13-2012, 12:37 PM
There are only two ways in this game to get an edge on your opponents;
1) Spending $
2) PvP

If you think you are going to get ahead by diligently upgrading your economy buildings and killing monsters you're going to be the same as everyone else on your rival list.

And for those of you that believe that camping will give you that edge here's a comparison for you. My friend and I began playing KA on the same day. ~22 days ago according to the data sheet using the vault upgrade times. He went the camping route while I decided to PvP. Here are our stats now; He is a lvl 10 with two lvl 9 silos and an IPH of 1100, attack of 1130, and def of 1301. We have the same number of allies at 50. I am a lvl 42 with an IPH of 3041, an attack of 3907, and a def of 5591. So if your goal is to be the best lvl 10 in the game, go ahead and camp. If you are a little more ambitious I recommend PvP. I have taken over 1 million $ of other peoples hard earned money and now you can be that jerk too :D

EDIT: These stats are as of May 13th.

For Lvl's 1-10:

First things first, Right when you start the game come out of the gates swinging. Every new player starts with 700ish gold and a vault of 150. Basically all I did from lvl 1-10 was attack people that hadn't spent that money yet, and then turned around and spent it on units so that the same would not happen to me. I would spend most of your money on units at this point, don't worry the economy will come. I cannot remember the exact units I used this early in the game but you want to be upgrading your Siege workshop to lvl 2 and your Magic academy to Lvl 4. This is an easy way to get a head of the game, and it's much easier to stay ahead of the competition than to get ahead of the competition.

For Lvl's 10-50:

What Units do I buy?

Now its time to develop your army, or technically armies. You're gonna want to make 2 armies, a defending army and an attacking army. This is an important part of the strategy and here's why; The two units you are going to want for your first two armies are going to be Battering Rams (A:8 D:1 $:110) and Illusionists (A:2 D:9 $:150). Now there is not a unit that is 8 attack and 9 defense but the Ballista is 7 attack and 9 defense and costs 270 gold so lets pretend a unit having 8 attack and 9 defense would cost about 300 gold. Now while attacking you are going to lose units, A LOT of units. But thats okay because you will be making a lot more than the units cost. Now when you lose these units you want to lose the battering rams that cost 110 gold, not the imaginary units costing 300 gold! That being said it is important to keep the armies seperate, you don't want your illusionists going into battle so if you cannot afford to stock your army full of Battering Rams yet buy Sorcerers (A:3 D:1 $:40) that way they will go into battle ahead of your illusionists, I remember early on cringing when I accidentally let an illusionist go into battle and they died, 150 gold is a lot of money early on in the game. Later on once you are a higher lvl and have more money the unit you are going to want to use for your defense army will be a Priest (A:6 D:17 $:540) a full army of priests and 99% of your rivals won't be able to touch you.

How many Allies should I have?

Another critical factor in PvP is your ally count. You want a low enough ally count that you don't lose too many units yet high enough to be able to take down most of the players on your rivals list. I generally kept my number of allies 5 or 10 above the Lvl of my character. This part is gonna kind of depend on you, your lvl, your army, and your income. Don't have 50 allies if you only have 30 battering rams, you want to have at least close to enough battering rams to fill your attacking army. Remember you need that edge on your opponent.

So now that you've got the right army and the right amount of allies what do I do with them?

While directly attacking opponents is where you make the big money, your bread and butter is going to be raiding. The reason is most people do not carry unvaulted gold at these levels. Well Njwmrb, what buildings do I raid? and why do you have such a weird name? Well reader let me tell you! When raiding you want the buildings output to average over 110 gold each hit in case you lose a battering ram each attack you still make a profit. Most of your money is going to come from Silos Lvl 2+ and Taverns Lvl 4+.

List of other less common profitable raid buildings:
Gold Mines
Inns
Leatherworkers Lvl 2+
Playhouses
Shipyards Lvl 2+.

-There are obviously others but none that I have actually come across such as Lenders and Manors. As for the name, it's my school ID and I use it as my username for everything.

Process of PvPing

Click on the rivals list, click on the first name regardless of how many allies he/she has, don't shy away just because their ally count is high. Check their profile first and look at 1) their defense and 2) their gold. Assume they have the same vault limit as you do and if their gold amount is a few thousand higher than your vault limit AND their defense is lower than your attack go ahead and test the waters with an attack. Based on the result of the attack decide if you want to do it again. Remember the amount you make off of each attack is going to drop considerably so stop attacking if it dips under $100. Now if they don't have a lot of gold (and most won't) scan their base for the buildings listed above with a red health bar on them. Keep the persons defense lvl in mind if you find a building to raid. Raids are generally WAY more successful than attacks. I kind of developed a 'rule of 600' this is unique to me and will vary from player to player depending on their stats, but if a player's defense was higher than 600 points lower than my attack then he would win at least one of the battles if I was attacking him and taking him for all he was worth. On the flip side a players defense could be 600 points higher than my attack and I could still successfully raid a building on his base. Again raids rarely fail, I have 1777 successful raids and only 36 failed raids. Once you get the hang of it the whole process of scanning a persons profile and base and moving on to the next will take less than 15 seconds (including the load time).

EDIT: These numbers are very outdated now but you get the general idea, raiding is easier than attacking and you have to get a feel for your limits of what battles you can and cannot win.

What about my economy?

This is the order of spending I recommend; Upgradings vault > attacking army > upgrading buildings > Land expansion > building buildings > defending army. Keep your attacking army a high priority because that is what gives you that edge against your opponents, you don't want to come across a really high lvl silo or someone with a lot of unvaulted cash just to realize that you can't defeat them. As for the defending army I have that pretty low on the priority list because this is really only important if you have unvaulted cash, and if you do...buy some defending units with it! If you are like me this will be almost always. And don't worry your economy will come. All the players that pride themselves on their economy buy only doing PvE and upgrading their economy buildings trying to get the highest IPH they can will not be able to compete with you. The reason is this; they simply will not make as much money as you. Who cares if they make $1000 more than you an hour if you can jump on and make 20k in 15 minutes of PvP? IPH is a very inaccurate representation of income that can be easily manipulated. A lvl 6 cottage has a higher IPH than a manor, which would you rather have? Now I'm not saying abandon economy completely, I'm saying that don't worry if your IPH is low at first because you will catch up. The reason you will catch up to these economy campers is because while their buildings may be upgraded, they can't afford the land expansion and cost of building all of the economy buildings available to them. I am lvl 43 and have yet to come across another person with even a lender, and I'm sitting here with manors.

Strategy changes for Lvl 50+:

Time to go max allies. Buy Siege Towers for your attacking army and high priests for your defending army. Your attacking army needs to be a high spending priority, it's going to be expensive to outfit your army but it will be well worth it. Abandon raiding. At this point with such a high ally count and expensive casualties I wouldn't waste my time scanning a base, The only buildings that would be worth it are very high lvled silos and manors. Directly attacking is the only thing you should bother with and it will yield very big prizes. As long as your attack is significantly higher than a players defense I would go ahead and give anyone carrying over 30k a test attack... I have come across many, many players in that range that don't bother to vault. The best part is every now and then you will come across a player saving up for a manor and when you do, make him pay. I recommend having at least lvl 20 stamina to take full advantage of these poor souls. Things to keep in mind are to make sure your attacking army are all 12+ attack before purchasing high priests, you don't want them going into battle. If you don't want to wait for a full army of siege towers to start buying high priests then fill the rest of the slots with imps. Now go out and reek havoc. I'll continue to update this guide as I explore more strategies.

OTHER TIPS

*When in the 1-50 lvl range gather as many pending ally requests as possible. That way when you come across someone with a large amount of money and a high defense you can accept those requests to raise your stats high enough to take him down.
*Use your news feed, not only your rivals list. If a good player attacks you, after a few days of upgrading your army he can become a profitable target. Those are the players that tend to carry large amounts of cash.
*When attacking someone you get 10% of their unvaulted gold but Ttere is a cap of 9900 when attacking someone. Keep this in mind because it may influence a decision. For example I came across someone with 2 mill (some glitch) and I was considering selling my manors to strengthen my army so I could attack her, without a cap I would have been earning 200k+ per win but with the cap this was not worth it.
* Don't blindly attack people, this is just lazy and reckless. Look at the players profile to see if you can win and if the attack is worth it
*If someone attacks you and wins don't hit the "revenge" button. Players tend to have higher def scores than attack scores. This being said if their attack was higher than your attack then your attack is probably going to be considerably lower than their defense.
* F I had another thought...will come back to this one.

In the end everything comes down to having an edge on your opponents, if your army is stronger then their money is your money. Remember, when it comes to PVP you are competing against the people on your rivals list. Don't worry about the stats of higher lvls and people with hundreds of more allies than you.

Njwmrb
05-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Reserved.............

rareay84
05-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Here are our stats now; He is a lvl 10 with two lvl 9 silos and an IPH of 1100, attack of 1130, and def of 1301. We have the same number of allies at 50. I am a lvl 42 with an IPH of 3041, an attack of 3907, and a def of 5591.
So if your goal is to be the best lvl 10 in the game, go ahead and camp.
What are his and your win/lose stats?

Njwmrb
05-13-2012, 12:45 PM
What are his and your win/lose stats?
His - Wins: 218 Losses: 28
Mine - Wins: 943 Losses: 156

Njwmrb
05-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Oh I definitely don't have a perfect record and I wouldn't be very useful to write this guide if I did, I learned from each of my losses. I'm not done with the guide yet but I am going to spend the rest of the day with my mother so I'll finish it and edit it tomorrow.

-EDIT: Where did the post go that I was responding to with this..?

FirstHunter
05-13-2012, 02:10 PM
This is exactly the same strategy that I have. :D I also bought the Illusionists and the Battering Rams to split my army in a defending army and an attacking army. At the moment I am lvl 22 (205 wins/12 losses) my attack is 1341 and my defense is 1478 (20 allies). I haven't seen a single oppenent with comparable stats. I think this is the best strategy and you have made a very good guide. :) Keep up the good work!

Freekizh
05-13-2012, 02:15 PM
I haven't seen a single oppenent with comparable stats.

Rule number 1 of the Fight/PvP Club .. there is always someone stronger than you.. :)

FirstHunter
05-13-2012, 02:24 PM
@Freekizh: That's propably true... It's more like Njwmrb said "99% of your rivals won't be able to touch you." :)

Calvarium
05-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Quick question: how are you deciding which units are sent into battle.
1) Is this just based on the stats? For example, when you attack are the battering rams "going into battle" just because they have the higher attack score?
Or
2) Is this based on your ally count, ie you keep your ally count low enough that you have enough battering rams to fill that army and the illusionists just count toward your defense. If this second option is the case what selects which ones are sent?
Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

custos
05-14-2012, 12:01 AM
As for the name, it's my school ID and I use it as my username for everything.

Do you use the same password for everything as well? :) Probably not the smartest strategy to use the same username for everything, especially broadcasting the fact in an open forum.

GaleAveryHarper
05-14-2012, 01:45 AM
I absolutely agree with the PvP strategy for the lower levels. I started maybe 7-10 days after the release, started camping right away(knowing that like in CC, economy and def is the key). Build-expand-collect. Tried PvE and raided a few times and I leveled so quickly up to 8 (always keeping full allied count and equipping them) with little gain relative to other players.

while just browsing through all the other players on the rival list, I notice a player with like 50K on hand and thought that there's no way he's got a vault that big at level 8. However his def was a couple hundred more than my attack, so i waited, collect, bought the highest attack unit. I got around 4k x 3 (which i think was the attk limit at the time) waited 2-3 hrs til he rejuvenated and did it again. All the money went straight into units w/ the highest attk values.

That has been my strategy. However its incredibly tedious, since MAYBE 1 in 50 guys have a 10k or more on hand. Then coins earned shifted from money building upgrades to unit building upgrades(I chose machine) cuz in order to penetrate the guys with 3000 def, you need siege towers and trebuchet. I would net 10-15k net on average, and all of that went into more attack units. No point on holding on to cash since my vault was like 5000 at the time.

only campers held big purses, thinking 2000-3000 def was enough to hold off everyone at level 10 or lower. Level 11-14 was much harder to find rivals with lots of money and small vaults. I generally attk guys with 15k or more to ensure a net income.

Njwmrb
05-14-2012, 05:37 AM
Quick question: how are you deciding which units are sent into battle.
1) Is this just based on the stats? For example, when you attack are the battering rams "going into battle" just because they have the higher attack score?
Or
2) Is this based on your ally count, ie you keep your ally count low enough that you have enough battering rams to fill that army and the illusionists just count toward your defense. If this second option is the case what selects which ones are sent?
Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Both. For every ally you have you can bring 3 units into battle, so if you have 10 allies then you will being 30 units into battle. If you are attacking it will bring your 30 highest attack scored units, if you are defending it will use your 30 units with the highest def score.

Njwmrb
05-14-2012, 05:40 AM
Do you use the same password for everything as well? :) Probably not the smartest strategy to use the same username for everything, especially broadcasting the fact in an open forum.

Yup. Both bank accounts and my credit card. Not sure what you're going to do with that information, but if all my money disappears I'll know who to blame :p

SirMW
05-14-2012, 09:34 AM
I use a very similar strategy too except I didn't level up that fast since I haven't spent that much time playing with the game. It's important to level up to get more $$$ buildings to increase the hourly income. I did a combination of PVP and PVE; don't forget to keep on farming armors and weapons as those are a very important factors on determining your attack & defense stats.
Since around level 20, I have been adding 2 allies per level. My goal is go to close to full allies by level 45. My stat is 1963 attack and 3139 defense on level 22 with 37 allies. No one was able to successfully penetrate my defense since around level 9.

Mabraha
05-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Need some PVP help.. I like to do the tournaments, but pretty soon the people on your rival list has to few allies, is there a way to find higher lvl people to attack other than using my news feed and wait for people to level? Im lvl 19 and on tournament round 49, need to find people with 120 allies..

Freekizh
05-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Need some PVP help.. I like to do the tournaments, but pretty soon the people on your rival list has to few allies, is there a way to find higher lvl people to attack other than using my news feed and wait for people to level? Im lvl 19 and on tournament round 49, need to find people with 120 allies..

Increase your ally count to find more.

Mabraha
05-15-2012, 08:49 AM
I have maxed my ally count, thats the problem.. Max ally at lvl 19 is 95 and i need to hit people with 120, so i need to find lvl 23s or something..

pietro hunter
05-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Add me 991 424 443 mw
add me 169 948 793 cc

The_Red
05-15-2012, 09:05 AM
I have maxed my ally count, thats the problem.. Max ally at lvl 19 is 95 and i need to hit people with 120, so i need to find lvl 23s or something..

I find the PVP quests to have quite a bit less value than doing the quests through the different maps. Perhaps concentrating on those and the building quests will help you level up so you can catch up with the PvP tournaments.

Freekizh
05-15-2012, 09:21 AM

Okay sorry I missed that. I usually do the tournaments in phases. I will give it a break for awhile, and after I leveled up like 5-7 levels, I will pick it up again. By then I will have more variety of rivals to do my tourney to minimize unit consumption.

The_Red
05-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Okay sorry I missed that. I usually do the tournaments in phases. I will give it a break for awhile, and after I leveled up like 5-7 levels, I will pick it up again. By then I will have more variety of rivals to do my tourney to minimize unit consumption.

Personally, I find it better to ignore them and just have them autocomplete when you're attacking PvP for their uncached gold.

Freekizh
05-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Personally, I find it better to ignore them and just have them autocomplete when you're attacking PvP for their uncached gold.

Well it depends on what you are trying to achieve. I use these tournaments when I need to maximize my XP.

Mabraha
05-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Yeah, guess i dont have a choice then.. Problem now is that i havent invested in strength at all so i suck at pve..

Freekizh
05-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Yeah, guess i dont have a choice then.. Problem now is that i havent invested in strength at all so i suck at pve..

There are many ways to play the game. Just upgrade your hero's weapons and armor, and do tourneys and you will level faster and add Hero if you want.

Njwmrb
05-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Anything else I should include?

John Snow
05-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Anything else I should include?

I'm curious how much PvE you're doing.

Njwmrb
05-15-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm curious how much PvE you're doing.

I don't know much about PVE so I'm not going to include this in the guide but I put all of my points into Hero Strength now that my Stamina is 20 and I attack the highest monster I can kill in 2 hits. I do a lot of it though, not so much anymore as I don't play quite as much. I met my goal of building a Manor so I just hop on every now and then to collect money from my econ buildings.

Njwmrb
06-03-2012, 05:34 AM
Few finishing touches...

Great_wall2
06-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Just some thoughts... I think your ally strategy works for the mid range levels however once you enter the highest level bracket you could be attacked by rivals who have well over 100+more allies. Eventually you are going to have to max your allies very quickly which will dilute your attack and defense density making you more vulnerable. So unless you are bringing in some major coin to upgrade your units and increase your allies it will be a struggle at higher levels for awhile until you max allies with decent units.

Also there are several advantages to PVE:

- monsters are always available to be attacked, you spend very little time searching for the right monster to kill. I hate searching for opponents to PVP or raid
- gold payouts are consistent. Higher level kills can net you 1000+ gold per kill that you can always count on. In turn you can convert gold into more units armor etc...
- loot drops can be very lucrative even with lower drop rates. Getting mid range armor or weapons as a loot drop is equivalent to 4000 - 5000 gold!
- no unit requirements therefore no unit losses when pve. This is a huge advantage. There are higher equipment costs but since there are no losses then it is short term pain for long term gain and you will never lose that equipment
- it is relatively easy to collect boxes for events when killing monsters

Disadvantages:
- no honor points. Currently the honor units are not that powerful vs the units you can purchase with gold. Also the good honor units are very expensive
- leveling happens more quickly. You will need to invest in unit upgrades and # of units as your ally count will need to grow quickly once you are in the higher level bracket

The_Red
06-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Just some thoughts... I think your ally strategy works for the mid range levels however once you enter the highest level bracket you could be attacked by rivals who have well over 100+more allies. Eventually you are going to have to max your allies very quickly which will dilute your attack and defense density making you more vulnerable. So unless you are bringing in some major coin to upgrade your units and increase your allies it will be a struggle at higher levels.

I don't think this is correct. I see a number of people with 100+ allies who haven't spent any money to upgrade those extra 100 allies with good units. Personally, I think keeping your allies moderate that allows you to see people in a wide range is a better idea.

Njwmrb
06-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Just some thoughts... I think your ally strategy works for the mid range levels however once you enter the highest level bracket you could be attacked by rivals who have well over 100+more allies. Eventually you are going to have to max your allies very quickly which will dilute your attack and defense density making you more vulnerable. So unless you are bringing in some major coin to upgrade your units and increase your allies it will be a struggle at higher levels for awhile until you max allies with decent units.

Also there are several advantages to PVE:

- monsters are always available to be attacked, you spend very little time searching for the right monster to kill. I hate searching for opponents to PVP or raid
- gold payouts are consistent. Higher level kills can net you 1000+ gold per kill that you can always count on. In turn you can convert gold into more units armor etc...
- loot drops can be very lucrative even with lower drop rates. Getting mid range armor or weapons as a loot drop is equivalent to 4000 - 5000 gold!
- no unit requirements therefore no unit losses when pve. This is a huge advantage. There are higher equipment costs but since there are no losses then it is short term pain for long term gain and you will never lose that equipment
- it is relatively easy to collect boxes for events when killing monsters

Disadvantages:
- no honor points. Currently the honor units are not that powerful vs the units you can purchase with gold. Also the good honor units are very expensive
- leveling happens more quickly. You will need to invest in unit upgrades and # of units as your ally count will need to grow quickly once you are in the higher level bracket

As the guide was written it was for players up to Lvl 41, I have raised my ally count to 100 for my current lvl (54).

And I don't discourage PVE, I do both PVE and PVP.

Magra 738 587 125
06-04-2012, 05:20 AM
So, can we ask what your attack and defense stats are at level 54? I followed a pretty much diametrically opposed path, with just the bare minimum of PvP, minimum XP, maximum city growth and development, maximum allies at all times, army equipped with good weapons & armor from PvE. I don't remember exactly, but I think I got the final sword and shield (Immortal, 20400 defense) at level 54; I was sorry to reach the end of the gold bonuses, but SO relieved not to have any more XP penalty for gaining strength.

Njwmrb
06-04-2012, 09:20 AM
12400 attack and 11700 defense with 100 allies

Magra 738 587 125
06-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Thank you. OK, it's not going to be easy to say to say this without sounding like it's a put-down or something. But, just in the interests of comparing development strategies, why is it a good thing to be so ... well, weak? I don't want to sound my own trumpet, but when I was at your level I had about 18000/21000. I'm now a few levels higher (just gone to 61), and have about 22000/25000. I've finished building (except for the manors), finished expanding, have level 9 Lumber Mill, have good not great IPH, can now concentrate on building a strong army. I've not seen any free player with better stats than mine, though there are several in the same area; all have max allies and big monster kill count (mine is 6000). I've been successfully attacked twice in the last three weeks, by paya-players both times. I can see that having a low ally count saves you from being attacked by those who are looking to complete higher tournament levels, but that's the only advantage I'm able to see. I'm sorry, but I can't see how your development strategy is ever going to pay off. I have over 1100 weapons, over 1000 armor, many of them acquired before the loot drop was wrecked, so quite good; do you?

OK, just re-read that, it reads like I'm-better-than-you. That's not what I mean. I just believe the best growth strategy is max development of your kingdom, minimum PvP, max PvE against 1-hit creeps, avoid gaining XP wherever possible. In fact, just the opposite of yours.

What you say about separate attack and defense armies is spot-on, though. I spent a LOAD of money on Ornithopters; they give great defense, but die like flies in attack.

CounterSniper
06-04-2012, 05:06 PM
There are quite a few players in the 80's-90's lvls with 100-200 allies and stats from 35k-65k a/d.

A few are gem players but most are glitched loot farmers. Now that funzio "balanced" things with the loot farming they will never be touched. Instant Gods!!

Njwmrb
06-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Thank you. OK, it's not going to be easy to say to say this without sounding like it's a put-down or something. But, just in the interests of comparing development strategies, why is it a good thing to be so ... well, weak? I don't want to sound my own trumpet, but when I was at your level I had about 18000/21000. I'm now a few levels higher (just gone to 61), and have about 22000/25000. I've finished building (except for the manors), finished expanding, have level 9 Lumber Mill, have good not great IPH, can now concentrate on building a strong army. I've not seen any free player with better stats than mine, though there are several in the same area; all have max allies and big monster kill count (mine is 6000). I've been successfully attacked twice in the last three weeks, by paya-players both times. I can see that having a low ally count saves you from being attacked by those who are looking to complete higher tournament levels, but that's the only advantage I'm able to see. I'm sorry, but I can't see how your development strategy is ever going to pay off. I have over 1100 weapons, over 1000 armor, many of them acquired before the loot drop was wrecked, so quite good; do you?

OK, just re-read that, it reads like I'm-better-than-you. That's not what I mean. I just believe the best growth strategy is max development of your kingdom, minimum PvP, max PvE against 1-hit creeps, avoid gaining XP wherever possible. In fact, just the opposite of yours.

What you say about separate attack and defense armies is spot-on, though. I spent a LOAD of money on Ornithopters; they give great defense, but die like flies in attack.

I keep my allies low to cut back on unit casualties, If i maxed allies and spent money on troops as opposed to expensive upgrades, I would easily trump 22k/25k. You have to keep in mind that I'm at 100 allies versus your 305. And I'm done expanding and building also (including the manors). Just spitting those numbers out may sound nice but my units and base are probably worth upwards of a million $ more than yours.

Your theory is not the opposite of mine it just lacks PVP, why does everyone think I'm against PVE? It's not a one way street between either PVP or PVE. I do both and I encourage both.

Magra 738 587 125
06-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Well, we obviously aren't going to agree on the theory of this. If you'd like to come up to level 62 we could always see how it works out in practice ...

It's my opinion that your "strategy" is completely mistaken, and that anyone starting out in the game would be well advised to ignore your advice completely (except for the bit about separate armies for attack and defense, that is totally good advice), and follow a quite different game-plan.

Being as weak as you are (by your own choice) has several consequences.

First, you can't hit the strong players, and of course they are the ones who have the money, as they are the ones who can take it from the weaker ones. The only people likely to accumulate any significant amount of unprotected cash are those who think they are untouchable (and I have just no idea how you managed to put together the money for 2 manors without getting hit, so obviously I don't know everything either).

Secondly, keeping your allies low does help reduce casualties, but not only for you; it reduces the casualties of those who hit you. In general, I would expect to be able to hit someone with a defense as low as yours (just over half my attack) as often as I want without taking any losses whatsoever.

And thirdly, as someone has already pointed out, if you do nothing but hunt for unprotected gold and buildings, it's kind of boring. Say each silo stays ready to collect for 30 minutes before the player picks up; assuming everyone has two, which they don't, that'd mean that about 1 in 25 of the kingdoms you visit will have a silo you can hit (and the low level ones aren't really worth hitting anyway). Same for lenders, though not so many players at my level have those. Gold? Well, I've found over 50k unprotected just twice in the last 10-12 days. I got only a little the first time, the second went much better; but it hardly ever happens (1 in 500? 1 in 1000?). It's fun to hit people sometimes, big fun when you can hit them hard; but it isn't a good way to make a living.

Yes, I know, some the most famous generals of all time used that approach - Alexander, Tamerlane, Hulagu and so on. Myself, I prefer Napoleon's strategy (though that didn't work out too well in the long run either).

Njwmrb
06-07-2012, 02:42 PM
You can't argue with results, I made over 300k yesterday. How much did you make?

This guide is not for you, different levels require different tactics, this guide is for lvl 1 to mid 40's. Ever since I have been in the 50's I have been trying a few different things out and have not decided what is best yet. And yes it is a great way to make a living. I use PVP to fuel my economy, I have 2 manors, a lvl 3 lender, and a lvl 4 lender.

-And who the hell doesn't have two silos?

The_Red
06-07-2012, 02:48 PM
"my epenis could rival that of a whale....."

Hapl0
06-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Lol Red, you really are evil.

Njwmrb
06-07-2012, 03:52 PM
"my epenis could rival that of a whale....."

Reminds me of this video from Tosh.O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0uYna9li0Y

Magra 738 587 125
06-08-2012, 05:27 AM
You can't argue with results, I made over 300k yesterday. How much did you make?
I don't know, I wasn't counting. About the same or a little more; but that was because I got a lot from rune boxes.

Just to be clear: I don't hope to persuade you that your method is crap. I just want to warn other players that following it may not be a great idea. Attacking people carries a high cost in XP, and doing a lot of it early in the game will probably cause you to reach a level way above your strength, as has almost everyone I visit round here. An alternative strategy is to concentrate on growth and defence, make sure you have all four possible growth options (vault, build, expand, upgrade) active full-time, only go up a level when your defence is higher than the attack of everyone around you. That worked for me; it might work for others too.

ryano
06-08-2012, 07:36 AM
I've been camping. Pre-event I was level 12 with about a 2500+ income/hour. I only have 8 allies but my attack is around 900 and defense over 1000. No one on my attack screen has been able to touch me. I've won about 270 lost about 30. The last person to beat me hit me 4 times. It's probably been 2-3 weeks. I think camping is working fine. Through my leveling this week I've only seen a couple of people with more than 1/2 my attack or my defense.

Oh, my vault is at 33,000 and it's a couple days from being 50,000. I think I've got about 28000 gold right now.

The event has me rather upset with the drop rates and, since I got absolute garbage for prizes, I'm not sure I'm going to continue. If I do I guess we'll find out if camping worked for me.

Njwmrb
06-08-2012, 08:18 AM
I don't know, I wasn't counting. About the same or a little more; but that was because I got a lot from rune boxes.

Just to be clear: I don't hope to persuade you that your method is crap. I just want to warn other players that following it may not be a great idea. Attacking people carries a high cost in XP, and doing a lot of it early in the game will probably cause you to reach a level way above your strength, as has almost everyone I visit round here. An alternative strategy is to concentrate on growth and defence, make sure you have all four possible growth options (vault, build, expand, upgrade) active full-time, only go up a level when your defence is higher than the attack of everyone around you. That worked for me; it might work for others too.

That's horsesh*t. If you could make that much in a day you would have your manors by now. And I agree that you should constantly have those 4 things upgrading, and if you follow my guide correctly you will have no problems with your defense, mine is 2x higher than anyone on my rivals list attack.

The_Red
06-08-2012, 08:20 AM
.... Im still trying to figure out how one gets 300k in PvP, since everyone and their dog at decent levels vaults their gold.

Njwmrb
06-08-2012, 08:26 AM
.... Im still trying to figure out how one gets 300k in PvP, since everyone and their dog at decent levels vaults their gold.

I caught someone going for a manor yesterday and took him for 140k, plus a few more minor takes (10-20k) and my usual income from my econ buildings.

Freekizh
06-08-2012, 08:28 AM

Its very hard Red - you need a massive attack score, like at least 30K+ to break down heavy max-ally defenses, so depends if you wanna suck in all the nickels and clip coupons to make a dollar, or hunt elephants.

Magra 738 587 125
06-08-2012, 09:40 AM
That's horsesh*t. If you could make that much in a day you would have your manors by now.
Well, give me about 20 minutes, need another 9k for the second one, the first finished an hour ago. So when are you coming to level 63? I'm looking forward to kicking your ass.

Magra 738 587 125
06-08-2012, 10:00 AM
give me about 20 minutes, need another 9k for the second one
K, that's done now.

The_Red
06-08-2012, 10:01 AM
*golf clap*

Njwmrb
06-08-2012, 06:33 PM
K, that's done now.

Only a month later than me... not bad