PDA

View Full Version : Talk me out of selling all defense buildings

Darren M
05-13-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm level 85 and play many times a day. I'm a bit weak for my level but leave no cash on my buildings. Also, I play w/ no "real" money in the game. So, my request is this. Talk me out of selling all the Defense Buildings I have taking up valuable real estate that could otherwise be making me more money.

Also, feel free to add me. :)

Cheers!
Darren

commandNconquer
05-13-2012, 11:52 AM
if you need space sell the bunkers because they are big or the detention cells, but if you don't need space keep them all they add up to your total defense score ..!

Darren M
05-13-2012, 11:56 AM
if you don't need space keep them all they add up to your total defense score ..!

That's what I was concerned about. Has that claim been validated in a post here? I'd hate to sell something, and not be able to build it back, just to find my defense goes down.
Thanks!
Darren

Dreno33
05-13-2012, 11:57 AM
You are only allowed 5 of each, that's not much. Besides, you will have enough room plus more later on and will have to RE-ADD them.

I'd say for the time being (especially since you say your weak for your level) camp it out until you can afford more space and add more cash buildings.

Deal?(:

P.S. my dad's name is darren, but i aint calling you daddy

JMC
05-13-2012, 12:05 PM
They do add to your defence score but the amount is crap. If you don't have the room for them, don't build them. They're inexpensive anyways.

Darren M
05-13-2012, 12:08 PM
I'd say for the time being (especially since you say your weak for your level) camp it out until you can afford more space and add more cash buildings.

I can add space, not really a problem. Only at about $3.5 per space right now and I'm earning that about every other day w/o doing missions. So building out isn't a concern. It is really just me and my OCD arguing w/ each other about keeping buildings that are, at this point, just about useless, and again, taking up space I'd rather be making money off of. The argument is really "Are these buildings worth the value of the alternate money making buildings that would be taking up the same relative space?"
I guess I'll have to sell one of the minor Defense Buildings to see if my defense numbers go down.

P.S. my dad's name is darren, but i aint calling you daddy

That one literally made me chuckle. Nice!

War Priest
05-13-2012, 12:12 PM
They do add to your defence score but the amount is crap. If you don't have the room for them, don't build them. They're inexpensive anyways.

Which is why I only prefer the gold ones. EMP Cannon at 10 is 600 some points.

Darren M
05-13-2012, 12:14 PM
WP - you going to build a defense spreadsheet? (Thanks for the Money one!)

War Priest
05-13-2012, 12:37 PM
WP - you going to build a defense spreadsheet? (Thanks for the Money one!)

Probably not unless I am given the figures.

Aidan
05-13-2012, 12:43 PM
How many allies do you have. If you are running low like 20 or 30 allies then having plenty of def buildings really help. They add to your total defense score.

For example, my LLP Level 40 has a defense score of 4300 at 27 allies. If i build all fortified bunkers i will add 110 to my defense score. Thats a lot for a low allied player. For high or full allied player, those 110 def points wont make much diff to be honest. If you are want to minimize your expansion cost just sell them

Darren M
05-13-2012, 03:46 PM
I have 1500+ allies and I'm at lvl85.

EnjoyLife
05-13-2012, 04:33 PM
My name is Darren as well... I use the defense buildings in my base and it has helped with my win/loss record. You will have to play the game your way, though. Enjoy...

Darren M
05-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks for posting! It is always nice to meet another Darren whom spells his name correctly! :)

Add me! 700314696. :)

EnjoyLife
05-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks for posting! It is always nice to meet another Darren whom spells his name correctly! :)

Add me! 700314696. :)

We are both software developers too, lol. I am currently not looking to add to my allies, but if you PM me with your code, I'll look you up in the future.

RedLabit
05-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Well placed defense bldg does prevent raids... I've done quite a few PVP actions recently and after robbing a guy with some golden army off 300k per rounds, he decide to raid and attack me ever so often. Most of his raids failed and he end up raiding my defense bldg... I guess he must have a high casualty rate to go with it, 'cos he only raided 1 round successfully and subsequently stopped..
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg595/redlabit/photo.jpg