PDA

View Full Version : Gold Method to getting event item

617Pats
05-13-2012, 11:28 AM
I have noticed that alot of people mention using gold to get the event items but in what manner?
Maybe othe forum members who read through the posts more, can answer this also.

1-Do you use gold every time the timer resets (so just to open)?

2-Do you use gold to both reset the timer and open?

3-Or do you just use it to reset the timer and then open with cash or free option?

I would figure that method 1 above would be the best since your not resseting the timer and just utilizing gold to open. Otherwise you would burn through half your gold on just the timer. I would also think that the 3rd method is the worst since your not guaranteed to open. So, give some feedback, kind of want to know what people are doing.

i need muney
05-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Number three is a incredibly retarded option :D

AppleMacGuy
05-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Number three is a incredibly retarded option :D

Not necessarily so...the point of using reset timer is to be able to open boxes more frequently, and opening more boxes should give you a greater chance of getting the 9th/10th items. This applies using cash option or gold open option, obviously the latter is the optimum choice. So, not so retarded a choice IMHO ;)

Dravak
05-13-2012, 11:42 AM
So basically you are asking how or fastest way to get the gold item ..

Well if you do decide to use gold NEVER do the last day , why incase you run out of boxes, you are definetly stuck.
No matter how much money you have

Once I gotten to the stage of had enough of boxes 60-80 , am within 7-9 of the 10 .
I start to burn gold on reset with cash openings , repeated failures on cash opening , means have to burn gold too on opening , so 30 a box , or 15 a box with cash .

Either you are paying the reset to break a RNG streak or force a RNG streaks ( or luck For the none educated)
So yeah it might payoff really fast , or it might cost you a lot . but that is the gamble of the game .
But once commited I never stop , let say devil take down is the most expensive for me . breaking the what plux would call the o.oooooooooo1 chance .

The midas I was just being stupid and bored .

Or you just trust lady luck and get it for free :p .. but ods of this event was not in my favor with 25% and lower chance on lockbox openings on cash option , even the burner didn't had this low chance :p
Showed even in the final stages since only 25% were cash , and the boxes costed me 45 a piece .

http://www.photoshop.com/users/Dravak/assets/603f5c909b714a92847ebac5aaca4a9a

Dreno33
05-13-2012, 11:44 AM
it seems everyone starts off cash option to about getting around 7-8 "parts" and then the bad luck starts drastically occurring. then they go to gold opens. then i would presume they start resetting timers in the last few hours if they are still stuck on 9.

Is this about right?

pluxfan2
05-13-2012, 11:44 AM
I use option 4 Cash Only

2Legit
05-13-2012, 12:12 PM
so far I've gotten 5 gun safe with NO USE OF GOLD only cash. Even if i don't get the biggest reward I'm still happy i got the rest without spending a dime

Babytway
05-13-2012, 12:17 PM
yah im on 8 with cash option only and i feel good about it. OP you got all the good answers to your questions already except for "I need muney" he just shouldn't have said anything

Hank
05-13-2012, 12:20 PM
i like to reset timer with gold, then open with free option. Rinse and repeat :-P. Works 0% of the time

Bopper
05-13-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm currently sitting at 8 parts after using the cash only option and opening about 25 safes. I am finally in position to use gold to get an event item (thanks TJ) and with 5 days left I'm planning to go gold for guaranteed opens only. I'm still low enough to where the extras (enhanced bike, resepect, cash) are still worthwhile additions. I will probably go to the reset option midday Tuesday if I'm stuck on 9. I'm hoping to use this event as a barometer for using real money to purchase gold on the next event.

Max Power
05-13-2012, 01:39 PM
I reset some early because a stalker takes my briefcases, but once I have a stockpile it's for opens only.

War Priest
05-13-2012, 05:14 PM
I only use cash on crime city (used to use gold on MW, but not now)and got to ten on the faster upgrades event.

Alice
05-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Always cash only, will not invest gold in any events. However I believe a heavy gold spender better reset timer with gold and use cash option.

Stuck on 7 for a day now.

Plumbernick9
05-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Option 1 is what works for me.

erik
05-13-2012, 08:02 PM
I tend to open a lot of boxes in these events.... probably above avg. I did just get #8 without alarming my nights as I have guests. That being said... I have only missed getting to 9 once (on the burner)

I have gotten 3 totally free, and have bought out 2. What I have learned for someone of my play style is that at box 9, I should not wait until the last day as I have burned waay too much on resets. I should have started with 48hrs left with gold opens. That would have covered me in both events I spent money.

That is my new strat should i get to use it... hopefully not this event.

GL all

<3 Hz
05-13-2012, 11:12 PM
I've got 7 parts just using cash & keep in mind I have a track record of horrible luck when it comes to these events. I'm only opening about 15 safes a day (I need my sleep).