PDA

View Full Version : It Pays to Be Nice/Humorous about robs and attacks....Story Time

iteachem
05-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Story Time..

Many of you know I was stalking NCs with Fuzzy in the 80s... I had hit a bunch from about 5 different players usually with very large defenses, but inflated due to building defense.

I rarely got hit back by these folks, but one specific player did hit me back a few times and posted something humorous banter on my wall (something about me being a gnat) nothing confrontational, just normal banter. Later he upgraded to a level 3 nightclub but also boosted his defense to where I couldn't take it despite blowing my entire stamina. After that I went ahead and posted on his wall telling him I was done trying and posted his real defense score for info...

He hadn't realized there was a difference between profile def and real defense, so I explained it from the forum knowledge I had gained from you folks...

Okay... now a few days later another player begins stalking/taunting me hitting me every two hours. I had hit his up scales and churches once and apparently upset him so much with this one strike that he posted some ugly rant on my wall about playing with fire etc...and then stating how would repeatedly rob/attack me every two hours. He also bought a lot of gold raising his stats several thousand in a few hours...where I couldn't touch him either.

Based on other his other wall conversations, he seems to do this a lot so I decided to have a little fun with it and posted a few times with comments like "see you again in two hours" and "looking forward to our next date" etc... The worst thing I said was something like "must be frustrating to spend all this money on gold and still be vulnerable to free players"

The first nc player above saw the conversations on both walls, asked me about it and since then has been torching this guy mostly because of his bullying style of play.

So the player I took several hundred thousand from via Nightclubs is now pounding my stalker...Kinda Ironic if you ask me.. Oh my stalker is still after me but the frequency has dropped.. He now has to refresh forever to find me.

Moral of the story... In a game is about attacking and robbing you don't have to be a punk/jerk about it... Rants on walls are unnecessary and treating each other with respect is ultimately more important that money you gain

mnju_03
05-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Just shut up!......

Just kidding! lol I totally agree.

enahs1
05-13-2012, 09:00 AM
I like this story...

Plumbernick9
05-13-2012, 09:01 AM
*crickets chirping*

CounterSniper
05-13-2012, 09:03 AM
These things happen when you play the game.

iteachem
05-13-2012, 09:03 AM
*crickets chirping*

Kinda expected that... ironic considering what the thread is about

Plumbernick9
05-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Its just that I was expecting a better story at first glance. After reading that terribly long paragraph I was a little disappointed.

Dravak
05-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Gee WTF there goes my rep of the toughest baddesr bad guy around !

I never ever leave business card behind bleh ... other then compliments ...if I see people working hard lol

Well one I did leave lol too much drama on the wall , somebody got heartbroken .
But that toon was so hot ;)
I still demand a dance from ballerina lol , she never gave me that promised dance grrrr !

man stinks to be me :p

Sasha54
05-13-2012, 09:07 AM
I'm glad you're in my mob Iteachem!!

Johnny70
05-13-2012, 09:07 AM
dont feel alone it seems to happen alot, it is funny that some people think that there will be no repercussions in the game for not treating others with the common courtesy they would give any other human being or the respect they demand for themselves... here is my example http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?28266-Truce&highlight=truce

iteachem
05-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Its just that I was expecting a better story at first glance. After reading that terribly long paragraph I was a little disappointed.

That makes sense.. sorry... I tend to get long winded...

I should have put in some violence and drama... maybe someone should have died;)

ICEMAN0023
05-13-2012, 09:14 AM
I guess this is our daily classroom lesson.

"Don't pick on Little Johnny or he will team up with others to pick on you"

Let me get this straight so I understand.

1. You teamed up with someone stalking anyone that had a NC.

2. Someone got angry and began hitting you repeatedly.

3. You come on forum and kind of complain of being "Stalked" when you were the Stalker to start.

4. You team up with someone and start hammering the Stallker.

5. All the while exchanging banter back and forth on in game wall.

The claim is there is a Moral " Not to be a Jerk/Punk when posting on someone's wall"

After reading your post a few times I have come to the conclusion that you are showing the same mentality as what happens on recesss on a daily basis with your 6th grade classroom.

While your posts are comical to read it does give me insight as to why our youth are turning out the way they are.

Yes I do get this post was more so about him "posting on your wall". I tend to look deeper things are never very clear on the surface.

mnju_03
05-13-2012, 09:15 AM
I need a sweater...I have the shivers now...

Ziva
05-13-2012, 09:16 AM
I wish everyone who plays this game had the same outlook as you do, iteachem, but it takes maturity and human decency to do so.

CounterSniper
05-13-2012, 09:16 AM
I need a sweater...I have the shivers now...

Jolly Saint Nick has really nice sweaters.

ICEMAN0023
05-13-2012, 09:17 AM
I wish everyone who plays this game had the same outlook as you do, iteachem, but it takes maturity and human decency to do so.

Lmao....Really? Really?

mnju_03
05-13-2012, 09:18 AM
I wish I had popcorn, this show is awesome!

ICEMAN0023
05-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I wish I had popcorn, this show is awesome!

@MNJ_03 I lurk only coming out when I repeatedly see something that gets my motor humming.

Besides I didn't get the per episode contract I wanted which tends to limit my appearances.

Damn John Stamos!

Ziva
05-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Lmao....Really? Really?

My point is now proven.

mnju_03
05-13-2012, 09:26 AM
@MNJ_03 I lurk only coming out when I repeatedly see something that gets my motor humming.

Besides I didn't get the per episode contract I wanted which tends to limit my appearances.

Damn John Stamos!

My point is now proven.

As much as you're both pretty cool...and I respect you, this techer guy is pretty sweet too and he knows his sheet.
So... I like the thread, Hug it out bro!

ICEMAN0023
05-13-2012, 09:28 AM
My point is now proven.

My disagreement with your post means I lack Maturity and Human Decency?

Wow youth today is more side ways then even I assumed.

ICEMAN0023
05-13-2012, 09:34 AM
As much as you're both pretty cool...and I respect you, this techer guy is pretty sweet too and he knows his sheet.
So... I like the thread, Hug it out bro!

Friendly debate no hard feelings ever on my part.

I am very blunt and call it as I see it.

Shoulders are cold but it is always the chill that you feel in your bones.

*To take someone as agressive is to show aggression yourself. Come straight and Correct let the cards fall where they may.

mnju_03
05-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Friendly debate no hard feelings ever on my part.

I am very blunt and call it as I see it.

Shoulders are cold but it is always the chill that you feel in your bones.

*To take someone as agressive is to show aggression yourself. Come straight and Correct let the cards fall where they may.

Did we just become best friends?

Dravak
05-13-2012, 09:42 AM
People like Iceman either like you , or he doesn't :p

See cold as ice ! ;)

ICEMAN0023
05-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Did we just become best friends?

We are in what is known as the "Grey Area"

mnju_03
05-13-2012, 09:48 AM
We are in what is known as the "Grey Area"

Ain't that the truth!

Gaming Will
05-13-2012, 10:26 AM
I got a good one today. A guy robbed my church and basketball court only when I had about $200k uP for grabs. I went to his hood to ask why only rob 1 church when they were both out in the open for a rob. He wrote back saying I was too strong and he know when he is beat. Kind of made me chuckle!

Plumbernick9
05-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I would still make him pay. Go relentless on his ass for a few days.

iteachem
05-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Hey ICEMAN Thanks for the feedback...let me address this (your questions statements)...I left yours in italics for clarity

I rob a lot so was already looking for high level buildings. I coordinated looking for Nightclubs mainly because most at these levels were obvious cash glitchers so decided to hunt these specifically. We essentially traded lists of players to save time..Since i rob a lot it doesn't really change how I play, just fine tunes things and saves time. How do you play the game anyway?

Actually this particular player hit me first.. I never touched him as he was too strong for me. But, I don't lie down when attacked so I hit back..He then posted some trash talk on my wall and began hunting me..

3. You come on forum and kind of complain of being "Stalked" when you were the Stalker to start.

Not sure if you misread my thread about being stalked. Title was you know your being stalked when, then I describe the situation. Honestly its part of the game, I was just posting about how interesting it was to have someone essentially so obsessed on me that they would waste time hitting me every 2 hours for 40 here and there. I am not at 500 so I don't help them with thug life so its kinda a waste and speaks to obsessive disorders. My thread was an attempt to get perspective. I will gladly admit I hit high level buildings but to waste stamina for no gain I don't quite get.

No never really teamed up... the other player jumped in voluntarily after seeing the posts. I never asked for him to attack this person back.

I admit I was somewhat humorous on this guys wall. He hits me every two hours and thinks I am going to just go please please don't hurt my no more (name that song). My banter speaks to the futility of his robs as a waste of time and a show more than anything.

The claim is there is a Moral " Not to be a Jerk/Punk when posting on someone's wall"

Yup.. I outright claim that playing the game in a friendly competitive manner is a better strategy than being a jerk/punk (maybe I should have used better vocabulary but I was impatient and apparently long winded LOL)

I don't use profanity, make fun of their relatives, engage in sexual innuendo, etc. In fact most of my responses are friendly and usually helpful. Banter is different than being hostile and unnecessarily aggressive to someone.

After reading your post a few times I have come to the conclusion that you are showing the same mentality as what happens on recesss on a daily basis with your 6th grade classroom.

Curious as to why you would essentially resort to name calling at this point. It doesn't help with any of your above arguments. Up til now I could respect your opinion although I disagree

While your posts are comical to read it does give me insight as to why our youth are turning out the way they are.

Again, curious as to meaning of this? Could you please elaborate or again are you are resorting to character attacks? If you would like I could coordinate a visit to my classroom and you could easily speak to any of the parents of my students. I teach in a low income neighborhood with a lot of community violence and my students face more issues every day then most will ever face in their life. The fact that I have earned the ability to serve them and their families gives me immense pride and I could easily put you in touch with many that believe I have made a difference in their lives...

Yes I do get this post was more so about him "posting on your wall". I tend to look deeper things are never very clear on the surface.

Interesting way to finish this. If your arguments are valid they usually can stand on their own. Not sure yours do.

Anyway thanks for the feedback. Feel free to respond back.

ICEMAN0023
05-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Hey ICEMAN Thanks for the feedback...let me address this (your questions statements)...I left yours in italics for clarity

I rob a lot so was already looking for high level buildings. I coordinated looking for Nightclubs mainly because most at these levels were obvious cash glitchers so decided to hunt these specifically. We essentially traded lists of players to save time..Since i rob a lot it doesn't really change how I play, just fine tunes things and saves time. How do you play the game anyway?

Actually this particular player hit me first.. I never touched him as he was too strong for me. But, I don't lie down when attacked so I hit back..He then posted some trash talk on my wall and began hunting me..

Not sure if you misread my thread about being stalked. Title was you know your being stalked when, then I describe the situation. Honestly its part of the game, I was just posting about how interesting it was to have someone essentially so obsessed on me that they would waste time hitting me every 2 hours for 40 here and there. I am not at 500 so I don't help them with thug life so its kinda a waste and speaks to obsessive disorders. My thread was an attempt to get perspective. I will gladly admit I hit high level buildings but to waste stamina for no gain I don't quite get.

No never really teamed up... the other player jumped in voluntarily after seeing the posts. I never asked for him to attack this person back.

I admit I was somewhat humorous on this guys wall. He hits me every two hours and thinks I am going to just go please please don't hurt my no more (name that song). My banter speaks to the futility of his robs as a waste of time and a show more than anything.

Yup.. I outright claim that playing the game in a friendly competitive manner is a better strategy than being a jerk/punk (maybe I should have used better vocabulary but I was impatient and apparently long winded LOL)

I don't use profanity, make fun of their relatives, engage in sexual innuendo, etc. In fact most of my responses are friendly and usually helpful. Banter is different than being hostile and unnecessarily aggressive to someone.

Curious as to why you would essentially resort to name calling at this point. It doesn't help with any of your above arguments. Up til now I could respect your opinion although I disagree

Again, curious as to meaning of this? Could you please elaborate or again are you are resorting to character attacks? If you would like I could coordinate a visit to my classroom and you could easily speak to any of the parents of my students. I teach in a low income neighborhood with a lot of community violence and my students face more issues every day then most will ever face in their life. The fact that I have earned the ability to serve them and their families gives me immense pride and I could easily put you in touch with many that believe I have made a difference in their lives...

Interesting way to finish this. If your arguments are valid they usually can stand on their own. Not sure yours do.

Anyway thanks for the feedback. Feel free to respond back.

I will not go into pointing and quoting each line as you did ( on a 12 hour flight right now and the cocktails are flowing nicely.)

My response was in reference to a number of posts you have put out there.

I could go into thread search and copy this and paste that but I am feeling very lazy at the moment.

I should have shown more clarity when I posted ( to this I do Apoligize.)

My recess and you showing same mentality comment was a swat at the "Anti Bullying" campaigns that are being pushed in ever classroom.

This is a game called *Crime City.

Do you really feel that someone should be pleasant when posting on your wall?

Do you not expect to hear vulgar remarks once again we are playing Crime City.

Do you not expect someone to consistently beat/rob you? Once again let me say we are playing a game called Crime City.

All of our toons that we created are criminals robbing/fighting our way through the levels.

Have you met many pleasant criminals in your life that were very well spoken and didnt use foul verbiage?

You are a 6th grade teacher that plays a game that is all about fighting and stealing what does that say?

We have kids bringing guns to school,selling drugs in school and beating each other down over whatever is the case this week.

Take this how ever you like good/bad.

Not quite sure what teaching in a low income town/city has to do with anything. Does that make you a better CC player as you are surrounded by Crime? (low income areas typically have a higher crime rate).

As far as your students parent and good relationship that you have with them and what you have taught their children.

How long is it before we see the news "Teacher suspended as a student saw IPad condoning Guns and Violence"

The Public school system is a joke kids get pushed forward to clear a seat for the next inline.

Like i stated before take my comments however you like. I am ok with what the mirror reflects.

jobadass
05-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Teach:
I agree that a nicer post on someone's wall is usually better.
Two: of the most recent posts I have left have gotten me nowhere.
1: Robbed the crap out of someone who had never hit me before. Left a post informing them to feel free to visit my hood, as I was horribly out of sync and doing a poor job of collecting lately. Outcome: every single person at my level got a good bit of dough off me except that person. (OK not everyone but a lot)
2: saw an old 499 rival had gone up to 500! Hit them once, left their buildings alone (a lot were ready) and posted something along the lines of, "hey, see you went up to 500! only hit you once and left your buildings alone".
Outcome: Prick went back down to 499. (BTW) I farmed the crap out of him earlier.

Lastly, what is your in-game name and level? I'm gonna farm you, beat you up and post a really sweet message on your wall so you feel good about it:)

iteachem
05-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Lastly, what is your in-game name and level? I'm gonna farm you, beat you up and post a really sweet message on your wall so you feel good about it:)

Sounds good.. Level 89 right now... iteachem is my in game... when I reach your level its on...

jobadass
05-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Sounds good.. Level 89 right now... iteachem is my in game... when I reach your level its on...
LOL. I'm going to kill you with kindness my good sir.

iteachem
05-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Too tired to address each response but mostly with the above comments about the Public School System and what I teach them etc..

My recess and you showing same mentality comment was a swat at the "Anti Bullying" campaigns that are being pushed in ever classroom.

So sounds like your opposed to the anti bullying measures. That's your right, but unfortunately these have arisen out of necessity. In 14 years of teaching I have had several suicides result from bullying. Students have learned how to be incredibly cruel to each other. Yes I wish academics were the focus at all times, but the education system also needs to respond to the changes in society as a whole.

With regards to your comments about what I teach them... Wow you don't know me or my background etc so your reaching there. For your information I consistently have some of the highest scores in our district with regards to science classes.. I don't agree with all pieces of the standardized tests, but my students do better than most in our district.

Prior to teaching I worked very successfully as an biochemist/immunologist and conducted transplant research specifically dealing with using molecular coatings on surface adhesion molecules to prevent rejection, so with regards to my science background I am fairly certain I know what it is I teach. In addition I am third author on a paper published in the mid 90s in the Journal of Transplantation.

Teaching is my second career and much more rewarding and challenging. Yet the funny thing is all of the science background knowledge does absolutely nothing for student academic growth without the ability to relate and connect the content to your students. I just happen to have the best of both and am very lucky in that regards...

I have problems with the public school system as well.... but I am actively working to make it better. If you have some ideas as to how to fix it I know how you can get involved, we always need productive help. Its easy to complain without doing anything about it.

I never stated that teaching where I do makes me a better cc player. In your initial post you started down the path of slamming the way our youth are turning out and seemed to implicate me with regards to this. With that in mind I referenced the students I teach. If you were speaking of the system and not me it is extremely unclear.

You are a 6th grade teacher that plays a game that is all about fighting and stealing what does that say?

Seriously don't get why the fact that I play crime city should be considered inappropriate. You do a pretty good job of throwing in these random comments that have absolutely nothing to do with the initial post. From what I have gathered we have business execs, judicial types, veterans, active duty military, grandmothers... your logic dictates that only criminals should play the game

iteachem
05-13-2012, 12:53 PM
LOL. I'm going to kill you with kindness my good sir.

What level are you?

jobadass
05-13-2012, 01:05 PM
What level are you?
138, plan on being here a little while. I probably won't have NCs for you to go after as I can't even collect my PTs on time...sorry.
WTF is up with the teacher bashing?
Hang in there teach.

iteachem
05-13-2012, 01:10 PM
WTF is up with the teacher bashing?
Hang in there teach.

Used to it.. comes with the profession. Every news story paints a picture that many can't see past.

jobadass
05-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Used to it.. comes with the profession. Every news story paints a picture that many can't see past.
Gotcha
My reply would probably be better reserved for a few drinks. (no I'm not asking you out!)
I will just say, as a father of 3 kids, one in each level of the public school system, I have a great appreciation of good teachers.

mnju_03
05-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Who touched my food!? NOBODY MOVE!

jobadass
05-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Who touched my food!? NOBODY MOVE!
Get your ass back in the marathon, Francis!

mnju_03
05-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Get your ass back in the marathon, Francis!

Sir, Yes Sir! Sir......seriously though, I'm wicked hungry and BE NICE! lol

iteachem
05-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Gotcha
My reply would probably be better reserved for a few drinks. (no I'm not asking you out!)
I will just say, as a father of 3 kids, one in each level of the public school system, I have a great appreciation of good teachers.

Oh wait... you shouldn't be playing CC think of the poor example your setting for your kids... You and I both need to summarily excused from our duties... LOL

ICEMAN0023
05-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Reserved for response. Just landed at my destination.

This is not teacher bashing. I do not need to do that as the public school system says it all.

I will read your post and respond.

I applaud you for trying to make a difference in a "broken" system.

Leopold Stotch
05-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Too tired to address each response but mostly with the above comments about the Public School System and what I teach them etc..

did you say several of your students have committed suicide from bullying? I havent read the beginning few pages of this thread, but you prob need to work on your teaching skills. maybe dont call on the nerdy kid all the time for the correct answer so Biff sitting in the back row of class doesn't beat him up after class for being teacher's pet

So sounds like your opposed to the anti bullying measures. That's your right, but unfortunately these have arisen out of necessity. In 14 years of teaching I have had several suicides result from bullying. Students have learned how to be incredibly cruel to each other. Yes I wish academics were the focus at all times, but the education system also needs to respond to the changes in society as a whole.

With regards to your comments about what I teach them... Wow you don't know me or my background etc so your reaching there. For your information I consistently have some of the highest scores in our district with regards to science classes.. I don't agree with all pieces of the standardized tests, but my students do better than most in our district.

Prior to teaching I worked very successfully as an biochemist/immunologist and conducted transplant research specifically dealing with using molecular coatings on surface adhesion molecules to prevent rejection, so with regards to my science background I am fairly certain I know what it is I teach. In addition I am third author on a paper published in the mid 90s in the Journal of Transplantation.

Teaching is my second career and much more rewarding and challenging. Yet the funny thing is all of the science background knowledge does absolutely nothing for student academic growth without the ability to relate and connect the content to your students. I just happen to have the best of both and am very lucky in that regards...

I have problems with the public school system as well.... but I am actively working to make it better. If you have some ideas as to how to fix it I know how you can get involved, we always need productive help. Its easy to complain without doing anything about it.

I never stated that teaching where I do makes me a better cc player. In your initial post you started down the path of slamming the way our youth are turning out and seemed to implicate me with regards to this. With that in mind I referenced the students I teach. If you were speaking of the system and not me it is extremely unclear.

Seriously don't get why the fact that I play crime city should be considered inappropriate. You do a pretty good job of throwing in these random comments that have absolutely nothing to do with the initial post. From what I have gathered we have business execs, judicial types, veterans, active duty military, grandmothers... your logic dictates that only criminals should play the game

did you say several of your students have committed suicide from bullying? I havent read the beginning few pages of this thread, but you prob need to work on your teaching skills. maybe dont call on the nerdy kid all the time for the correct answer so Biff sitting in the back row of class doesn't beat him up after class for being teacher's pet

jobadass
05-13-2012, 05:32 PM
I might get banned for this but you are a ****ing *******.

Spartacus
05-13-2012, 05:54 PM
I might get banned for this but you are a ****ing *******.

I second this.

iteachem
05-13-2012, 06:00 PM

You got to be kidding... How in the world could you even come up with that? I don't know if your trying to be funny or something but that is the most inane thing I have ever heard. I have taught 14 years and yes two of my former students both girls committee suicided after being bullied for being different and not fitting in. Despite my personal efforts to get them help, until bullying is talen seriously this doesn't change. Haven't you read about the multiple cases of suicides that happen every year from this same thing.

This response is an epic fail

iteachem
05-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Reserved for response. Just landed at my destination.

This is not teacher bashing. I do not need to do that as the public school system says it all.

I will read your post and respond.

I applaud you for trying to make a difference in a "broken" system.

Thanks for that...do agree its a broken system and many are working tirelessly to make changes. Unfortunatley just like politics and presidential elections, the systems with scholols are so big that real change is tough to get to...We have too much to do and we are stepping into roles that were traditionally in the parent realm. We are also dealing with a system that was designed to be effective decades ago and is not geared for the rapidly changing world we live in now.

Thanks for the last statement....I appreciate it...

jobadass
05-13-2012, 06:18 PM
How about you two go on a different forum to battle it out?
seriously

iteachem
05-13-2012, 06:23 PM
How about you two go on a different forum to battle it out?
seriously

You are probably right...

jobadass
05-13-2012, 06:26 PM
You are probably right...
Got ur back Teach, but its got nothin to do with CC at this point

iteachem
05-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Got ur back Teach, but its got nothin to do with CC at this point

I agree and the emotional level of the thread escalated quickly. Time for a song and dance routine. I would like any followup posts to stay on topic...

jobadass
05-13-2012, 06:30 PM
LOL
I've been trying to post warm and fuzzies!

iteachem
05-13-2012, 06:41 PM
LOL
I've been trying to post warm and fuzzies!

That would be mnjus job

jobadass
05-13-2012, 06:43 PM
That would be mnjus job
Yeah but he's from Minnesota...they got cold and crappy

Labradorite
05-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Love your story teach. I want to hear more... :)