PDA

View Full Version : M4a1's

Roboss
05-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Hi all,

I am new at this forum and a very regular player.
As I play often, I am annoyed by players who are a lot stronger then me, so I take a look in they're inventory to see what they have, that I haven't.

To my surprise there are a LOT of players with 400-500 M4A1 guns. This is a loot item, so my question is this: Where did they get this? Is this a hack or a flaw in the game? I think it gives them a not so fair advantage.

Who knows more?

Dreno33
05-13-2012, 02:11 AM
lol

I hope a Dev reads this.

Dravak
05-13-2012, 02:13 AM
Hahaha. do a search on the forum for M4A1 debate by boomer ..

and yes it is unfair , but life moves on , it same as saying some people had google limited gun and thus unbeatable .
Or some people have all the event items , or even worst some people bought all the gold items ..

Nah does it affect your fun ? if no is the answer move on .
If yes is the answer delete the app ..
Find a another App you can play from day 1 and this time just make sure you pay ;)

CounterSniper
05-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Holy M4a1 thread Batman!

Ghost818
05-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Poor guy, here we go again.

Roboss
05-13-2012, 02:23 AM
hmmmm....

And what about the zero tolerance to cheeting Funzio claims to have?
They now created an option for cheeting themselves and then it's OK?

Nice to know they value all players. But some are more equal then others?

But thanks for the answer!

Roboss
Told you I was new here...

Sorry bout that ;-)

Ghost818
hmmmm....

And what about the zero tolerance to cheeting Funzio claims to have?
They now created an option for cheeting themselves and then it's OK?

Nice to know they value all players. But some are more equal then others?

But thanks for the answer!

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21711-M4A1

Swifty
05-13-2012, 02:25 AM
I miss the good old times when we would get several new M4A1 threads every day.

Dravak
05-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Like whole LIFE , whole Internet , wake up smell the roses lol
Sorry , play for free have fun or pay to compete in your own pace ...
There is no mid ground anymore ...

Sorry way life is !

jaywalker
05-13-2012, 02:29 AM
The m4a1 is a gun that people used to farm. Then funzio took it away, so you can no longer get it. They replaced them with rusty m4a1s wich are really bad compared to the original one. They did not change the stats on the already farmed ones.

Sweetheart
05-13-2012, 02:35 AM
The m4a1 is a gun that people used to farm. Then funzio took it away, so you can no longer get it. They replaced them with rusty m4a1s wich are really bad compared to the original one. They did not change the stats on the already farmed ones.

Short sweet and to the point.

Swifty
05-13-2012, 02:38 AM
@Sweetheart

Do you look like that in real life?

Holding the gun, I mean. Heh.

Ghost818
05-13-2012, 02:39 AM
Why do I have a feeling this was only meant to stir up trouble. I doubt there are players who are very regular who didn't hear about the M4 through the game itself on peoples walls. Then again, who am I to judge, carry on comrades.

Dravak
05-13-2012, 02:42 AM
+1 ghost , it was meant that way !

So maybe all our M4A1 will be turned to rusty soon :p
and all our events items nerfed , cause android players didn't get them either ;)
Good thing IT WON'T HAPPEN :p

Ghost818
05-13-2012, 02:47 AM
+1 ghost , it was meant that way !

So maybe all our M4A1 will be turned to rusty soon :p
and all our events items nerfed , cause android players didn't get them either ;)
Good thing IT WON'T HAPPEN :p

My response wasn't for Android players, OP may or may not be an Android player but I assume they aren't and why? Not sure if android players have been around as long to reach people with 400-500M4s, so that leaves the ipod, ipad, and iphone players. If OP is an iPlayer then that means this post is an unnecessary thread to stir up the forum cause obviously the poster knows exactly what the who, what, where, when, why, and how the M4 disappeared.

But then again, I may be wrong.

Dreno33
05-13-2012, 02:47 AM
carry on comrades.

were in CC, not MW. Its called wannabes over here(: haha

Sweetheart
05-13-2012, 02:48 AM
Why do I have a feeling this was only meant to stir up trouble. I doubt there are players who are very regular who didn't hear about the M4 through the game itself on peoples walls. Then again, who am I to judge, carry on comrades.

Good point - but the game is always growing so newbies will stumble upon or be on the losing end of a member who loaded up when those were available. History will continue to repost about the legend of the M4A1 and the rusty replacements.

Hank

I had a similar feeling when I read this post. I question whether the OP is even new to the forums. Possibly someone created a new account to make some noise

Ghost818
were in CC, not MW. Its called wannabes over here(: haha

Whatever floats your boat fellow Cali Kid.

Ghost818
05-13-2012, 02:49 AM
I had a similar feeling when I read this post. My question whether the OP is even new to the forums. Possibly a someone created a new account to make some noise

Exactly my point.

Dreno33
05-13-2012, 02:51 AM
Whatever floats your boat fellow Cali Kid.

aren't you like 19? I'm not even a year younger, lol.

btw, where in SoCal are ya? My brother goes to Santa Barbara

Ghost818
05-13-2012, 02:57 AM
aren't you like 19? I'm not even a year younger, lol.

btw, where in SoCal are ya? My brother goes to Santa Barbara

Im 18 bro, and my response was friendly, dont take it the wrong way I just meant you were a fellow Cali grown.

Was my tone different to my true intentions?

If so my apologies.

Edit: Didn't see your question there bro, I'm in Northridge.

jaywalker
05-13-2012, 02:59 AM

I am one of those :(

Nudie
05-13-2012, 03:07 AM
I love my shiny M4A1's. Please please do not take them from me. ;)

Dravak
05-13-2012, 03:10 AM
I love my shiny M4A1's. Please please do not take them from me. ;)

No fear nudie they won't it stimulate gold purchases .
And beter replacement is there from ma sheng .

Just cost a lot of time ... since free players believe time is the answer to money .
Well it solves there problem ;)

But sadly next gen of gamers are not so patience anymore .
They motto want it now , want it fast , want it free or least effort possible ;)
Answer spent cash ;)

Vile Lynn
05-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Welcome to the forum, Roboss! :D

Roboss
05-13-2012, 03:28 AM
LOL...

I REALLY am new to this forum.
My game name is Ro. Level 142.

Never bothered to go to a forum like this. But obviously asked something I could have read elsewhere.

Dravak
05-13-2012, 03:34 AM
just farm ma sheng for the new gun, but as you move up you will see more and more 500 M4A1 people.
Or people with ludicrous stats ;) ..... so the M4A1 aren't even the game breakers anymore :p

Ghost818
05-13-2012, 03:47 AM
LOL...

I REALLY am new to this forum.
My game name is Ro. Level 142.

Never bothered to go to a forum like this. But obviously asked something I could have read elsewhere.

You seriously never found out where to get the M4?

CounterSniper
05-13-2012, 04:05 AM
just farm ma sheng for the new gun, but as you move up you will see more and more 500 M4A1 people.
Or people with ludicrous stats ;) ..... so the M4A1 aren't even the game breakers anymore :p

Man, I still havent got a gun to drop from Ma Sheng. Frickin Tightazz! haha

Dravak
05-13-2012, 04:21 AM
am on my 1 DD a day and have 25% success rate with opening chests :( ... 25% with cash option :( ..

Hope you fair beter , cause it is getting to me lol , the 30 min naps , 30 min trashing a evil rivalry ...
then the failure rates of opens lmao .

And no DD as support price ;)

CounterSniper
05-13-2012, 04:24 AM
am on my 1 DD a day and have 25% success rate with opening chests :( ... 25% with cash option :( ..

Hope you fair beter , cause it is getting to me lol , the 30 min naps , 30 min trashing a evil rivalry ...
then the failure rates of opens lmao .

And no DD as support price ;)

Thats why i stopped random drop farming and only do boss jobs now. I have 1 DD total from two weeks of farming.

Sucks to be me :cool:

Dravak
05-13-2012, 04:28 AM
Hush remember mnju money is waiting for you end of this month !
Just give in already mnju , you are not going to make it lol ...

It is ok CS funzio will pull a rabbit at mnju , making him smuggle gold !
then we just ask Mark to check if he bought or tapjoyed gold muwhahahaha.....

So money is all yours ;)

Dr BoneCrusher
05-13-2012, 05:04 AM
So what I am seeing every one who started the game late is S O L

Dravak
05-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Well yeah and NO , you got knowledge and Guides , while we had to experiement with what works .

People who quit before the events are now behind people who did events .
Soon people who quit after the events , will be behind people who uses scratchers and monster hunts .
Thus the game continue and evolve forever .

What about people who didn't want to farm M4A1 ? are they S O L ...
Sorry end goal is now , you either play for free have fun , or play with gold have fun .
Or a mix of both , but play longterm ..

Dipstik
05-13-2012, 05:32 AM
The nature of games like this is power creep. No, the m4 will not be the best forever.

Maniaxe
05-13-2012, 06:09 AM
While it is a loss to be with out m4 at the present time the game is constantly evolving. You can not look to far into the future because no one can predict exactly what will come to be. While some of us where lucky to get our hands on a few m4s and others 500, those with none will not be a disadvantage forever.

There is going to have to be new additions to the game for it to continue being lucrative. Whether that is through events, scratchers, new maps, new loot, or other ideas and possibilities we have no clue about. Static games become boring over time and many of of us have been lucky to witness the game change and k ow it will continue to do so.

Op how are you lvl 142 with no M4s? I leveled up to farm those ASAP I didn't get a lot but still they where a priority!

The name of the game is spend RM, funzio will eventually need to replace those free guns with ones earned with gold. For the free player you will continue to be at a disadvantage but remember its a P2P game. Free players will always be beaten by gold, I know I get beat everyday. This is event is even kicking my ass!

CounterSniper
05-13-2012, 06:14 AM
While it is a loss to be with out m4 at the present time the game is constantly evolving. You can not look to far into the future because no one can predict exactly what will come to be. While some of us where lucky to get our hands on a few m4s and others 500, those with none will not be a disadvantage forever.

There is going to have to be new additions to the game for it to continue being lucrative. Whether that is through events, scratchers, new maps, new loot, or other ideas and possibilities we have no clue about. Static games become boring over time and many of of us have been lucky to witness the game change and k ow it will continue to do so.

Op how are you lvl 142 with no M4s? I leveled up to farm those ASAP I didn't get a lot but still they where a priority!

The name of the game is spend RM, funzio will eventually need to replace those free guns with ones earned with gold. For the free player you will continue to be at a disadvantage but remember its a P2P game. Free players will always be beaten by gold, I know I get beat everyday. This is event is even kicking my ass!

Just admit it!!

The real problem is that those sunglasses are giving you a headache but more importantly,

You're all out of bubblegum!

Behzat
05-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Yes you are totally right this is so unfair so u must ask Funzio why they removed M4A1s from the game after many people farmed hundreds of them :) i rlly dont see a point in this thats why Funzio cant answer this question.They tried to answer once but i think it was a joke they told M4A1s were overpowered weapon thats why they removed it :) Yeah i know its too funny i laughed at this too much too.Sorry bro but u have every right to say anything you want because it is so unfair especially for new players like you.......

Swifty
05-13-2012, 06:23 AM
Q: How many Crime City players does it take to change a light bulb?

A: One guy changes the light bulb while all the rest stand around talking about how great the M4A1s were.

Maniaxe
05-13-2012, 06:27 AM
CS: Alright all right, I know and they aren't even Ray-Ban's just a pair of cheap sunglasses I grab when I get up out of bed and try to beat the masses. The glasses are killing me! But they allow me to see things how they really are! :cool:

And yes I am all out of Bubblegum ,I haven't had my Bazooka Joe in a long time! You know what that means....Ohh wait I found one of those old rock hard pieces of gum from a old pack of baseball cards. That will have to do.

Behzat
05-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Swifty you are totally right but still it is not forgotten and its too hard to accept this.Yes M4a1s were the only reason for Pve in this game and they were great But there is another point and this is Funzio is not fair to every player.They didnt think about the new players after many player looted many of them.You see they are asking this weapon and i think this topic will never end.

Dravak
05-13-2012, 06:54 AM
Swifty you are totally right but still it is not forgotten and its too hard to accept this.Yes M4a1s were the only reason for Pve in this game and they were great But there is another point and this is Funzio is not fair to every player.They didnt think about the new players after many player looted many of them.You see they are asking this weapon and i think this topic will never end.

I was thinking a long time about this too , am with CS and Bruiser , that M4A1 should have been available to all , but maybe they did think of the new players.

Cause people were forced to farm M4A1 , and see you have top end people done in 3 weeks ,
And CS couldn't even get more then 56 , some people tried and couldn't get more then 10 .

While I had 184 the day the farming was officially closed with GASP only 540 energy back then .
So think about it , sure a beter solution was make a farm map , and a daily limit .
But people were forced to farm M4A1 to stay competitive , they even outperformed people small pocket money donations back then .
100 M4A1 was equel to 2000 A 2200 D , some could get it in a week , to spend money you would have to spend precrates , around 300$ or more , to match it .
So even goldspenders were forced to farm it , so that was the only thing fair about it .
Everybody had to farm M4 , the rest was equelly unfair .

jobadass
05-13-2012, 07:02 AM
I'm trying really hard to not comment on this thread. Arrrghhh!

Spoon86
05-13-2012, 07:23 AM
M4A1 threads will never end you'll see more around once mid level players reach levels 100+ and see many people camping apon 100's of M1A1's in their inventory.

Googling "M4A1 Crime City" is what brought me to the forums.

Dipstik
05-13-2012, 07:46 AM
I still say put em up for sale for $100m each. Give people a chance to get them eventually and make a reason for your economy.

i need muney
05-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Pay the game the way it's meant to be payed!

Behzat
05-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Dravak i agree you but the thing i rlly cant understand why they spoiled a working system.im a gold spender too but i rlly enjoyed farming M4A1 s because it was the only worth item for spending my time and energy and i was buying weapons also.But the other part is Pve i enjoyed that too but after removing them no Pve left in the game and i started to camp because i dont see an item worth farming and leveling.if everyone can get M4a1 that is fair but after many player farmed hundreds of them and if you remove them it s unfair soo unfair.i have 80 of them not too much but at least i have :) i rlly cant see a point in this gold weapons are already stronger and bringing advantage so why did they remove M4A1s they werent as powerful as much as gold weapons and farming was the most enjoyable part of the game.i lost my faith to Funzio after this they couldnt answer our questions they deleted posts etc.Omg i rlly still cant believe they deleted many posts about these.Thats the worst thing they could do.it means yeah you are right sux to be us and we have no answer for this.i would prefer a logical answer for this as a serious customer because im paying serious money for them.
But i love this game thats why i spend money but i want pve back because its not enjoyable like the old days.

ICEMAN0023
05-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Pay the game the way it's meant to be payed!

This is the single best line I have ever heard from you!

i need muney
05-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Behzat, you could really use formatting. really.

Behzat
05-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Behzat, you could really use formatting. really.
Thx but Mind your own business friend really.....Oh btw if u got bored of this forum or M4A1s i advice you to check other threads or write somewhere where you rlly want to write.

Dravak
05-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Dravak i agree you but the thing i rlly cant understand why they spoiled a working system.im a gold spender too but i rlly enjoyed farming M4A1 s because it was the only worth item for spending my time and energy and i was buying weapons also.But the other part is Pve i enjoyed that too but after removing them no Pve left in the game and i started to camp because i dont see an item worth farming and leveling.if everyone can get M4a1 that is fair but after many player farmed hundreds of them and if you remove them it s unfair soo unfair.i have 80 of them not too much but at least i have :) i rlly cant see a point in this gold weapons are already stronger and bringing advantage so why did they remove M4A1s they werent as powerful as much as gold weapons and farming was the most enjoyable part of the game.i lost my faith to Funzio after this they couldnt answer our questions they deleted posts etc.Omg i rlly still cant believe they deleted many posts about these.Thats the worst thing they could do.it means yeah you are right sux to be us and we have no answer for this.i would prefer a logical answer for this as a serious customer because im paying serious money for them.
But i love this game thats why i spend money but i want pve back because its not enjoyable like the old days.

I agree with you want pve back too ... cause am now down to 1 DD a day :( , since I last mention 2-3 a day .
Seems no reason other then some people have the stupid too high cost money items in there mind .
So a DD would be 15 million 45 million a day NERF !!!

the problem is they do not dare to force a universal upgrade , of builds etc .
They should then they can fix pve farming again and say what is allowed or not .
Remove on reintroduce multiclick , now some still have multiclick , others don't

2Legit
05-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Again?????????????? when will this stop?

ppl should be asking where to get the Golden Pea Gun...so enuff with the M4s okay??

Behzat
05-13-2012, 12:50 PM
I agree with you want pve back too ... cause am now down to 1 DD a day :( , since I last mention 2-3 a day .
Seems no reason other then some people have the stupid too high cost money items in there mind .
So a DD would be 15 million 45 million a day NERF !!!

the problem is they do not dare to force a universal upgrade , of builds etc .
They should then they can fix pve farming again and say what is allowed or not .
Remove on reintroduce multiclick , now some still have multiclick , others don't

Hope so i totally agree you maybe i must show some patience i mean its not about M4a1 its about pve and i hope everything will be better in time.As a fan of this game i just want this game to be better.i will wait and see but im sure there will be more posts about this from new players :)

Ghost818
05-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Again?????????????? when will this stop?

ppl should be asking where to get the Golden Pea Gun...so enuff with the M4s okay??
The Golden Pea Gun now that's game changing man, too bad it was removed before I had enough money to unlock it.

jobadass
05-13-2012, 01:11 PM
The Golden Pea Gun now that's game changing man, too bad it was removed before I had enough money to unlock it.
Plants v. Zombies.
Here comes my sign.

mnju_03
05-13-2012, 01:38 PM
So where can I find those sweet M4's?

Sweetheart
05-13-2012, 01:44 PM

Haha. They are a thing of the past.

But I knw you can farm some rusty ones on the boardwalk.

<3

jobadass
05-13-2012, 01:46 PM
in the library...with Col. Mustard...gotta hit him with a pipe 1st.

mnju_03
05-13-2012, 01:49 PM
in the library...with Col. Mustard...gotta hit him with a pipe 1st.

Wait a second......OK Thanks!

Lionheart3239
05-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Would any of the experts here on this forum would know how long crime city has been available for iOS? I have been playing a long time but have no idea? Also MW and KA? It was just released not too long ago for Android.

i need muney
05-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Thx but Mind your own business friend really.....Oh btw if u got bored of this forum or M4A1s i advice you to check other threads or write somewhere where you rlly want to write.
Come at me rudebwoy :D

mnju_03
05-13-2012, 03:16 PM
So much sexual tension. Hug it out bro!

schnuffler
05-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Would any of the experts here on this forum would know how long crime city has been available for iOS? I have been playing a long time but have no idea? Also MW and KA? It was just released not too long ago for Android.

I think it was around August 2011.

Babytway
05-13-2012, 05:53 PM
what is the M4a1 you speak of i want to get that item. if someone knows any info please PM me i want to be stronger too!!!

erik
05-13-2012, 06:43 PM
I deleted before I posted. WIN!

jobadass
05-13-2012, 06:44 PM
M4A1 is still available in th

OG Kush
05-13-2012, 08:33 PM
They should make the m4a1 buyable for 450 respect points.

Behzat
05-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Come at me rudebwoy :D

Join date January 2012 and thousands of posts i can understand how u succeeded it right now.Rlly if you dont care about the thread go somewhere else and increase ur post number there.Dont comment on others feelings this is rude not mine.

Ghost818
05-13-2012, 09:09 PM
This thread is so pointless.

CounterSniper
05-13-2012, 09:15 PM
This thread is so pointless.

But your point is so threadless :cool:

Behzat
05-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Correct but i believe it wont be the last thread about this.i think its so normal for a new friend to ask what this item is :) İts no 1 in the Cc Hall Of Fame list.

jaywalker
05-13-2012, 10:17 PM
The answer to the OP was given on page 2 after 8 totally useless comments 1 one slightly useless. Then problem is not the people asking the questions, the problem is people who can't get over it.

Go farm a UWV or ECB and buy a Sawn-Off Shotgun.

Roboss
05-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Well well,

New at the forum and really understanding I should've read the history first ;-)

I sense frustration here. A lot of people are frustrated with me asking this question (the people with 500 M4A1's I presume). A lot of people who have frustration because they also missed out on the M4A1 and a lot of people who are just tired of another M4A1 discussion.

Sorry guys... ;-)

Brosiss
05-13-2012, 11:58 PM
When funzio says they wont remove or change m1 to rusty. They wouldnt.
If they do it, after biting their words, there will be chaos.
This means there will be no ending. Even more people will forsake the game.
The point here is to look forward and adapt play along the course.
Old players will eventually retire from CC.

Behzat
05-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Well well,

New at the forum and really understanding I should've read the history first ;-)

I sense frustration here. A lot of people are frustrated with me asking this question (the people with 500 M4A1's I presume). A lot of people who have frustration because they also missed out on the M4A1 and a lot of people who are just tired of another M4A1 discussion.

Sorry guys... ;-)

Lol u triggered the bomb and ran away :p

Roboss
05-14-2012, 02:27 AM
Lol u triggered the bomb and ran away :p

Looks like that... People can be quite upset here about a little question I set up ;-)

Ladies and gentlemen! Place your bets on how long it will take for another idiot like me starts a new discussion about the M4A1 :-D

Roboss
05-14-2012, 02:29 AM
O...

And sorry about my flawed English typing. I'm not a native English speaker and/or typist ;-)

Roboss
05-14-2012, 02:32 AM
M4A1 threads will never end you'll see more around once mid level players reach levels 100+ and see many people camping apon 100's of M1A1's in their inventory.

Googling "M4A1 Crime City" is what brought me to the forums.

Yeah! That's what happened to me yesterday!

Swifty
05-14-2012, 04:31 AM
But the sad fact is that M4A1s are not good enough any more and are being replaced as attack guns in my battle inventory.

It is like saying goodbye to old friends.

TemplarX
05-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Hohoho! The ghost of M4A1 lives on!! Never thought I would see an M4A1 thread ever again. Good o' days

sez
05-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Wow, M4 thread STILL gets 90 replies!

Spoon86
05-14-2012, 02:29 PM
The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger outta there.

Nicholost
05-14-2012, 02:35 PM
The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger outta there.

My doctor has been saying that for years. They don't know.

QPR
05-14-2012, 02:38 PM
I want one

Plux
05-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Remember what I said about the M4A1's debate in the past, new players will be baulked by this error of introducing the wrong gun and face an attack defence mountain to climb against those of us who exploited this mistake. Rusty M4A1 all our guns Funzio. I'll back that for a dollar! Einstein's theory of relativity does encompass M4A1's!

schnuffler
05-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Remember what I said about the M4A1's debate in the past, new players will be baulked by this error of introducing the wrong gun and face an attack defence mountain to climb against those of us who exploited this mistake. Rusty M4A1 all our guns Funzio. I'll back that for a dollar! Einstein's theory of relativity does encompass M4A1's!

There will be a LOT of longer term players who would quit if this happened.

Dravak
05-14-2012, 05:33 PM

I will take that bet Plux , cause it won't happen , not cause they want to keep the old customer.
cause they stimulate unfairness ;)

Spoon86
05-14-2012, 06:38 PM
There will be a LOT of longer term players who would quit if this happened.

Lots of new players will drop out of the race knowing their at a huge handicap in the long run over this M4A1 fiasco.

i need muney
05-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Join date January 2012 and thousands of posts i can understand how u succeeded it right now.Rlly if you dont care about the thread go somewhere else and increase ur post number there.Dont comment on others feelings this is rude not mine.
Okay. PM me a list of your rules to memorize :)

Spoon86
05-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Derailment is inevitable.

dudeman
05-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Ok, sure, it sucks for new players that they don't get to have M4A1s. I agree.

But something else that sucks for the long term players is we didn't have the opportunity to participate in events starting at level 10. We had to work hard to earn our stats, but with event items (all of them, not just end items), crate items, and whatever items from future content, all players are getting items that replace the M4A1, eventually rendering them officially obsolete.

Once that happens the difference between gold vs. non-gold players still exists. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Everyone needs to just move on from M4A1s. They are more a badge of longevity now than they are game changers.

QPR
05-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Ok, sure, it sucks for new players that they don't get to have M4A1s. I agree.

But something else that sucks for the long term players is we didn't have the opportunity to participate in events starting at level 10. We had to work hard to earn our stats, but with event items (all of them, not just end items), crate items, and whatever items from future content, all players are getting items that replace the M4A1, eventually rendering them officially obsolete.

Once that happens the difference between gold vs. non-gold players still exists. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Everyone needs to just move on from M4A1s. They are more a badge of longevity now than they are game changers.

No doubt you would say that if they are in your inventory

Silvio
05-15-2012, 02:27 AM
No, dude man is right. Average event will give even the irregular player 3 high stat items, plus the odd actual diamond sig or such, yielding a benefit like shorter build times, cheaper upgrades, extra respect, etc. at the rate Dunzio is holding events, we're probably looking at by the end of the year before any M4A1 benefit is eaten away.

Spoon86
05-15-2012, 01:48 PM
hmm 100 event guns along side 400 M4A1's or 100 event guns along side 400 augs, Tough choice.

I highly doubt we will have enough events to eat away the M4A1's in most peoples inventory.

QPR
05-15-2012, 02:05 PM
hmm 100 event guns along side 400 M4A1's or 100 event guns along side 400 augs, Tough choice.

I highly doubt we will have enough events to eat away the M4A1's in most peoples inventory.

My point exactly unless of course those with M4A1's in their inventory abstain from all future events...!

Dipstik
05-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Figured I'd add my thoughts to the matter... *ahem*

"neener neener!"

That is all... You may continue.

dudeman
05-15-2012, 02:13 PM
No doubt you would say that if they are in your inventory

I think you guys may have missed my point. You don't need to worry about not having M4A1s because by the time you are facing the players who have 400+ M4A1s, a lot of those players will have 400+ guns BETTER than the M4A1. Players now start the game with the ability to repeatedly obtain items more powerful than the M4A1, but "back then" that's all we had. We had no crates, no events, limited items were less frequent, and so on. Opportunities to gain strength are more easy to come by now than they were in the era of farming M4A1s.

A little speculation here, but I suspect that most players with 400+ M4A1s have reached the higher levels by now, or are close to doing so if they haven't. That means "non-M4A1" players have roughly 140 levels worth of time to accumulate strength to compete with whatever veteran players are still playing once you reach the higher levels. That doesn't sound fair at all. :rolleyes:

One last thing. If I have better guns than M4A1s that means I don't use them anymore, and if I don't use them, that means it doesn't matter that I have them, or how many I have!