PDA

View Full Version : So ... Is there going to be a Funzio event for KA?

Captian Awesome
05-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm wondering, waiting, wishing for one ....
Has anyone heard any rumors or is a KA event a pipe dream ....
I'll beta test it :)

Ghost818
05-12-2012, 05:33 PM
No sir, I dont think anyone but the devs know.

Futon
05-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Can you give an example of the kind of events they've done in other games?

BrodawgCanada
05-12-2012, 06:24 PM
If ghost says only dev knows, then it's true!! Ive seen him beat CCMark to announce in the forums!! But remember CCMark is official!! Lol

enahs1
05-12-2012, 06:37 PM
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/enahs1237/e75e609f.jpg
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/enahs1237/ec26445b.jpg
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/enahs1237/38582bdc.jpg

enahs1
05-12-2012, 06:38 PM
That's an example of an event on crime city

Captian Awesome
05-13-2012, 05:48 PM
No sir, I dont think anyone but the devs know.

Well, I might just shut 'er down with KA without any sort of extra's ... I already have all of the buildings and am not getting attacked anymore with my stats ...

Dantheman300z
05-25-2012, 07:15 AM
There are two events going on in CC and MW, where is the KA event?

The_Red
05-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Well, I might just shut 'er down with KA without any sort of extra's ... I already have all of the buildings and am not getting attacked anymore with my stats ...

Selling some units will solve that problem....

Freekizh
05-25-2012, 07:54 AM

What is your stats and level? Leave unvaulted gold and they will come.

SirMW
05-25-2012, 09:57 AM
What is your stats and level? Leave unvaulted gold and they will come.

So true....
I just don't understand why people with half the attack vs my defense would even attempts to try to get some of my unvaulted gold.

Crime City Mark
05-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Is there ever going to be a KA event? Yes.

Is there ever going to be a KA lockbox event? Maybe.

Freekizh
05-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Is there ever going to be a KA event? Yes.

Is there ever going to be a KA lockbox event? Maybe.

Thanks Mark. There are already too many MW lockbox events. It's getting ridiculous. I suspect there are many KA players who are rufugees from the MW lockbox events :) you will probably end up cannabilizing between products..seriously how many people can play all three events (mw cc and ka) wo suffering severe burnout?

To those who are not familiar with what happens during these events..prepare to get pwned..repeatedly..there are people so fearful of picking up event items becos that's a sure sign to rivals to "please attack me"...repeatedly.. Lol

The_Red
05-25-2012, 11:11 AM
To those who are not familiar with what happens during these events..prepare to get pwned..repeatedly..there are people so fearful of picking up event items becos that's a sure sign to rivals to "please attack me"...repeatedly.. Lol

Can you explain what this means?

Freekizh
05-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Can you explain what this means?

The idea is to get certain items (e.g., boxes, briefcases, etc) which can be unlocked every hour to win prizes. There are two ways to get these boxes - PVE or PvP. As you unlock these boxes ou get 3-4 unique prizes in your inventory. So if I am going to search for rivals who have these boxes in order to steal them, I look for telltale prizes.

If you have one, I will literally unload my entire stamina bar on you so that I can steal all the boxes you have. People absolutely PvP crazy dring these events. You will lose a lot of units and gold 24/7.

The_Red
05-25-2012, 11:22 AM
The idea is to get certain items (e.g., boxes, briefcases, etc) which can be unlocked every hour to win prizes. There are two ways to get these boxes - PVE or PvP. As you unlock these boxes ou get 3-4 unique prizes in your inventory. So if I am going to search for rivals who have these boxes in order to steal them, I look for telltale prizes.

If you have one, I will literally unload my entire stamina bar on you so that I can steal all the boxes you have. People absolutely PvP crazy dring these events. You will lose a lot of units and gold 24/7.

Sounds like upgrading my defenses is the plan du jour. ;)

Once you unload the boxes - they're part of your inventory permanently?

The_Red
05-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Once you unlock the boxes, it depends wot u win..if its an indestructible unit yes you keep it. In the meantime people steal and resteal boxes from each other repeatedly. Sometimes uget cash or loot units or grunts.

I mean this is all I do in MW. I upgrade my unit and boost buildings, save my honor pts, wait for an event - do zero economy grades - then when one starts I will buy 10,000+ pts of honor units, increase my attack 10-20%, and end up reducing some poor dude's stats by a similar amount - usually some newsfeed guy. I luv the newsfeed. You usually end up leveling 1-3 levels just from this.

Sounds like fun. Right now KA is getting a little boring, since I get attacked like once or twice a day; would be fun if the pace picks up a bit. :)

YLL
05-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks Mark. There are already too many MW lockbox events. It's getting ridiculous. I suspect there are many KA players who are rufugees from the MW lockbox events :) you will probably end up cannabilizing between products..seriously how many people can play all three events (mw cc and ka) wo suffering severe burnout?

That somewhat resembles me... I'm enjoying the ability to take it slow coz of the lack of events (for now) in KA. I do still take part in all the MW events, but after significant initial frustration, I'm no longer so fussed about trying to build up an inventory at the start (since recent events ridiculously usually start on weekdays) or about trying to get that 10th (or even 9th) item (given low open rates and even worse success rates for those two - I've still to obtain a 10th item!)...

YLL
05-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Well it's fun if you are the fox, but not if u r the rabbit. There is a MW event going on where top 500 PvP players get a prize. I pity the poor people in whale territory who don't have gem heavy armies...it's gonna be ridiculous!

I've decided to sit this one out rather than commit hara kiri by decimating my forces trying to chase an impossible prize!

SirMW
05-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I for one is looking forward to a KA event. Events give you the opportunities to get Gem indestructible units which is a great thing for a free player. I love PVP but KA is getting boring without events. What's the point of building a great army if there's really no reason to attack your rivals. Events is a great way to unload your stamina; it's also a great way for Funzio to sell Gems. It's a win, win, win solution.

Freekizh
05-25-2012, 03:11 PM
i don't really see how logging on and waiting for very hour to open a box is fun. If we have to pvp only during events for fun..then there is something fundamentally wrong with the basic game if ppl r not doing pvp in the ordinary course. Also indestructible units make small impact in MW unless it's the big prize. In KA it's almost zero impact except from a collectors pov.

That's what my MW account is for ..events. Can we come up with new ideas?

MaverickMunkey
05-25-2012, 03:32 PM
i don't really see how logging on and waiting for very hour to open a box is fun. If we have to pvp only during events for fun..then there is something fundamentally wrong with the basic game if ppl r not doing pvp in the ordinary course. Also indestructible units make small impact in MW unless it's the big prize. In KA it's almost zero impact except from a collectors pov.

I wouldn't mind if the main prize was one of the Gem buildings.

Crazy Canuck
05-25-2012, 06:26 PM
I look forward to the KA events but I just hope Funzio can please not have events running on all 3 games at once!

The CC and MW events are 1 week events so I don't see why they can't alternate weeks. If KA starts them then why not go with a 3 week schedule where each game gets a week for event and not all on at the same time.

Or a 4 week schedule with s 1 week break mixed in for players to regroup

Crazy Canuck
05-25-2012, 06:30 PM

I like the PvP event on CC and MW right now just eish there was a way to see how close I was to being in top 500

After never bring able to get the 10th prize in any of the other events would really like to get the black widow shotgun and black dragon fighter

Euchred
05-25-2012, 06:49 PM
I like the PvP event on CC and MW right now just eish there was a way to see how close I was to being in top 500

After never bring able to get the 10th prize in any of the other events would really like to get the black widow shotgun and black dragon fighter

In the Crime City IOS forum Mark said that they're planning on posting some leaderboard updates for this event and having a leaderboard everyone can access at anytime for future ones like this.

Crazy Canuck
05-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks Euchred! Hadn't seen thst update.

Kudu22
05-28-2012, 09:59 PM
I hit the events if it is part of my plan at the time. I won't chase that 10th open and end up leveling up 4 levels just to sit on cases I can't ever open when the event ends.

klevito
05-29-2012, 12:09 AM

On the bright side, participating in events, is completely voluntarily. When the event thing started, i was trying to open as many as possible. Sometimes i would be in the middle of writing an e-mail or a message and would open the game when it was time to open a box.

I no longer do it because i have stopped caring about them. If i am log gin in and there is a box to open, i will click it. If not, well... don't bother.

Especially in MW, where after 3-4 days of event i would end up with 70+ boxes and had opened only 2 (not even enough for that lousy first item)
The rates are impressively low in opening one and amazingly high in acquiring one

:)