PDA

View Full Version : Best Defense Buildings? Looking for input

Laurabell
05-12-2012, 10:01 AM
I like the towers bc they don't take up much space, are inexpensive to upgrade, but they take longer than the higher level def bldgs.

I like the tourets bc I'm inpatient, and even though they're more spendy, they take less time to upgrade and take up the least amount of space.

I have a SafeHouse that I'm thinking of selling bc it takes up more space and only gives me 50 D pts and regain those by upgrading my other db's.

Looking for others' opinions on defense buildings. Thx!

Luciferianism
05-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Guard towers, Gatling turrets, muay Thai centres and missile turrets.

Dreno33
05-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Guard towers, Gatling turrets, muay Thai centres and missile turrets.

Most people (who understand how def buildings work) just get a few missile turrets and level to 3.

Then, once unlocked, stock up on a crap load of gatling guns.

Remember, defense building you can have a max of 50 for one kind. Gatling guns I think are well worth it. Ima buy 50 of them, too. then lvl them all to 2

Luciferianism
05-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Gatling turrets unlock before missile turrets. Missile turrets cost 500K each and people don't upgrade them to level 3. Perhaps you should learn how defence works.

Plumbernick9
05-12-2012, 10:41 AM
+1.
That draino guy is just speculating.

Laurabell
05-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the input. For the cost, size, and time it takes to upgrade, the Muey Thai Buildings seem to be working for me, and the defense towers.

>>>Question: Can I only use so many allies per Level? I'm at level 58. I know in MW that's how it works. I'm wondering if downsizing my mob would help me get a better idea of how many weapons I actually need? To avoid spinning off topic on a post...I may post as a separate thread.

It's such an addicting game - I never knew I'd get so geeky over it otherwise I would have done some research before getting started. Oh well, plenty of time to catch up!

murf
05-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Gatling turrets unlock before missile turrets. Missile turrets cost 500K each and people don't upgrade them to level 3. Perhaps you should learn how defence works.

I'm pretty sure he meant machine gun turrets....and what he said is pretty accurate for the HL players...everyone has 50 gatling guns, L1-L3 and add then begin adding Missile Turrets when nothing (or saving) to build.

Dreno33
05-14-2012, 09:04 PM
oops yeah. my bad. i meant machine gun turrets :P

murf
05-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the input. For the cost, size, and time it takes to upgrade, the Muey Thai Buildings seem to be working for me, and the defense towers.

>>>Question: Can I only use so many allies per Level? I'm at level 58. I know in MW that's how it works. I'm wondering if downsizing my mob would help me get a better idea of how many weapons I actually need? To avoid spinning off topic on a post...I may post as a separate thread.

It's such an addicting game - I never knew I'd get so geeky over it otherwise I would have done some research before getting started. Oh well, plenty of time to catch up!

You use 5 mafia per level (max of 500)...check out some of the spreadsheets around the forum (or build your own) to figure out what your marginal attack/defense item is for each of gun/melee/armor/vehicle/explosive. This way you know where to spend your in-game cash and RP.

murf
05-14-2012, 09:06 PM
I like the towers bc they don't take up much space, are inexpensive to upgrade, but they take longer than the higher level def bldgs.

I like the tourets bc I'm inpatient, and even though they're more spendy, they take less time to upgrade and take up the least amount of space.

I have a SafeHouse that I'm thinking of selling bc it takes up more space and only gives me 50 D pts and regain those by upgrading my other db's.

Looking for others' opinions on defense buildings. Thx!

Also, read the threads on defense buildings in the Best of the Best....the defense shown isn't it's 'true' defense. So, keeping defense buildings to L3 or lower is considered optimal strategy.

Dillinja
05-15-2012, 03:54 AM
Guard towers are a complete waste of gold....Gatling and missile turrets is the way to go. 50 of each level 2 or 3.
The others in my opinion like muay thai and abandoned buildings are good for low levels

Hank
05-15-2012, 04:03 AM
Guard towers are a complete waste of gold....Gatling and missile turrets is the way to go. 50 of each level 2 or 3.
The others in my opinion like muay thai and abandoned buildings are good for low levels

what is the deal with 50? is it some sort of magic number with defense buildings? I often hear people recommend this number, why not 100 missle turrets?

Brosiss
05-15-2012, 04:08 AM
Why no sniper buildings, i think they are good

kaz
05-15-2012, 04:13 AM
what is the deal with 50? is it some sort of magic number with defense buildings? I often hear people recommend this number, why not 100 missle turrets?
Because 50 is the max ammount of def building you can build for each type. For example, you can't build more than 50 Gattling.

Hank
05-15-2012, 04:35 AM
good to know, thank you

murf
05-15-2012, 04:43 AM
Why no sniper buildings, i think they are good

space is the issue...the 2x2 footprint for machine gun, gatling gun and missile is optimal because they fill in a lot of the wasted space between buildings.