PDA

View Full Version : What type of units to buy?

Ryan5100
05-11-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm constantly losing infantry and ground units but not very many air and sea should I just quit buying infantry and ground units and just buy lots of air/ sea units? I can't afford losing 5m at a time

Q Raider
05-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Could be cheeky and say buy the GOLD ones to cure the problem once and for all.....:p

If you are losing 5M a pop you are way above my level however to me the system is that there will be casualties, it is after all. War...

Therefore my mindset is that I will atempt to select a unit as an expected loss. My current one is the Sniper, tried the Flamethrower Soldier, Heavy Gunner, Commando and even the Bio Warfare Troop for a bit, taking into account the overall cost, snipers, foe me came out as the best option. So I use snipers as casualties and am focussing on getting the other end of my unit selections filled with Low and Very Low Casualty rates (eg Cruiser, Hovercraft, Stealth Frigate for Sea, Ospreys and Super Hornet for Air).

It might also depend on your country as to having a setup which lowers the casualties but don't have anything to pin my hat on regarding making a definite statement here.

Having Russia as my country it was an easy decision for me to ramp up Air over all the others. As a rough guide my makeup is 50% Air, 30% Sea, 10% Ground, 10% Infantry.

Hellstorm
05-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Dang! Are you sure you are using 5m at the time? You must be loosing a bunch of expensive units at ones then. Sea units have the lowest casualty rates. Most of them are very low casualty... Ive had good rates with them. Air is also losing good amounts, yet not as often as infantry and ground units.