PDA

View Full Version : Non-CC Chat - Highest paying sports teams...

Burn
05-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Completely and totally off-topic but wtf, no-one appears to be able to use Search, as the same threads get repeated over and over again.

There is no Off Topic section, so I'll do it here...

I've only just discovered this site www.sportingintelligence.com - It's got some interesting news stories that I hadn't seen printed elsewhere.

Amongst*them was a comparison of average player salaries across all of the major sports clubs of the world, including football, but also American football, ice hockey, baseball, cricket and even Aussie rules.

I'd always assumed NBA, Baseball etc were the highest, but football (real football, with feet, not Hug Egg) tops the charts. I was also surprised to learn how much money is spent paying cricketers in India.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/05/01/revealed-the-worlds-best-paid-teams-man-city-close-in-on-barca-and-real-madrid-010501/

No real conclusion to be drawn, but I found it interesting enough to share.

Spartacus
05-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Football (real football) is definitely the highest paying. It's one of the only sports in which there is a proven (with legit data) correlation between higher spending and higher performance. Look at the payrolls of teams like Manchester City, Manchester United, Barcelona, and Real Madrid!

Boom
05-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Golf!!!!!!!!

Rocky35
05-11-2012, 01:25 PM
How much does curling pay?

Burn
05-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Team, Boom, team!

No wonder threads get repeated, no-one can read ;)

Dillinja
05-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Hey Taggart....what happened to Moscow's richest team on tuesday?
Should have easily been spanked for more.

On topic, how the fcuk is Kevin Nolan getting 55K a week in a championship team....as crazy as paying ET'O 350K a week to play in some siberian gulag

Dravak
05-11-2012, 01:30 PM
It was always high paid in Italy cause a way to wash black money white .
Same reason suddenly Real Madrid went to be the world best paid famous team , too much black money .

Anyway why didn't FA (football associations) renamed themself Soccer ( socker very close to suc ker) Associations !!

You Brits sold out football grrrr !!
That is one of the reason am still pissed off at UK ;)
Number 2 is tony blair , the rest I love you guys and girls :p except the welsh !

white frog
05-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Surprised to see the Denver Broncos not on there.. seeing as how they just spent $96 million on Peyton Manning!

Dillinja
05-11-2012, 01:39 PM
It was always high paid in Italy cause a way to wash black money white .
Same reason suddenly Real Madrid went to be the world best paid famous team , too much black money .

Anyway why didn't FA (football associations) renamed themself Soccer ( socker very close to suc ker) Associations !!

You Brits sold out football grrrr !!
That is one of the reason am still pissed off at UK ;)
Number 2 is tony blair , the rest I love you guys and girls :p except the welsh !

Bro, get off the crack seriously....
The reason Real Madrid have always been rich is due to their history of being backed by Franco and plus the fact that the government had subsidised them. Now they have one of the highest revenue streams in modern day sport. Nothing to do with black money...

Secondly we brits didnt sell football out, the biggest change in football was due to the bosman ruling. Now the shift in power has gone from the clubs and associations to players and their agents...
As for Tony Blair...yeah I agree with you on that one!

Dravak
05-11-2012, 01:46 PM
no they changed it to soccer during the world cup in America , just to appease the american !
The FA should have changed there name too :p , sorry rest of the world still call it football !

First am in Spain , Living in Spain for 7 years already , Real Madrid always pride themself to be Spanish selection primary , it wasn't till the money had to be laundried , that they started the galactic team , that put them on the world map .
And even outrivaled Barcelona in spendings :p , and catalaans are freaking rich !

Back to you to get facts straight , while true about franco ! , Barcelona was always famous for there football selection.
Real Madrid wasn't , till galactic team .

Burn
05-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Dinja... Nolan is paid for more than what he does on the pitch - by all accounts not much from the dressing room ever has to get to Big Sam, because Nolan deals with it. Maybe Allardyce thought that the fragmented and cliquey squad he inherited needed a Nolan to enforce his rule.

I was not a Big Sam fan early doors, but he has properly turned the club round from the shambles he inherited. Proper root and branch rebuilding job he is doing.

just glad we didn't end up with the Venkys, they were sniffing around before Gold n Sullivan, and prior to buying Blackburn.

Dillinja
05-11-2012, 01:52 PM
no they changed it to soccer during the world cup in America , just to appease the american !
The FA should have changed there name too :p , sorry rest of the world still call it football !

First am in Spain , Living in Spain for 7 years already , Real Madrid always pride themself to be Spanish selection primary , it wasn't till the money had to be laundried , that they started the galactic team , that put them on the world map .
And even outrivaled Barcelona in spendings :p , and catalaans are freaking rich !

Back to you to get facts straight , while true about franco ! , Barcelona was always famous for there football selection.
Real Madrid wasn't , till galactic team .

Sorry I call bs, go and do your research...Bernabeu created a better team than the galactico's and won more (won the European cup 5 times in a row)
Galactico's were only created to sell shirts

Burn
05-11-2012, 01:55 PM

This. Beckham was bought as a clothes horse.

kykboxr
05-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Surprised to see the Denver Broncos not on there.. seeing as how they just spent $96 million on Peyton Manning!

They actually paid him? I thought he was going over to retire this year?!? Reminds me of Pujols', AROD and a few other jabroni's who can't play worth a damn anymore, though they are getting paid $20M a year

Dravak
05-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Sorry I call bs, go and do your research...Bernabeu created a better team than the galactico's and won more (won the European cup 5 times in a row)

And it is not who wins more games people always remember ,
Cause which country won the most European Cups and World Cups in the world ?
Did I say any where galatic team won the most cup in the world ?
Or is that your own assumption ?

based on that galatic word ? it is galatic for a reason , in short time Real Madrid become world known.
Who remember blackburn rovers that they won a premiership , with alan shearer as striker..
majority of people outside of UK ?

What do most people remember about Barcelona ? Romario Ronaldinho Messi .

Dillinja
05-11-2012, 02:55 PM
spanglish
dude, make cohesive points....
Yes, it is teams that win the most games that people remember....no one remembers who came second or 3rd.

Everyone knows Brazil is normally the strongest and best country team in the world...why? Because they have won the most and play the best football...Even people who dont watch a lot of football know that.

Real Madrid didnt become 'world known' in 2006 and onwards...They've been 'world known' since the 50's...otherwise they would never have had great players like Di Stefano or Puskas

What do people remember most about Barca? The influence of Johan Cruyff's dream team and the legacy of total football. That is what you are seeing on the pitch today.

As for the players...Romario,Ronaldinho,Messi....what no Kubala, Hernandez, Guardiola,Cruyff, Rivaldo et al?

Boom
05-11-2012, 03:01 PM
The LA Lakers!!!!!

Dravak
05-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Doesn't matter what language I type , you wouldn't understand , pointless to continue .
Which country win the most european and world cup is Germany , since Brazille cannot participate in european cup .

See that is the point of my post !
Am talking oranges you are nitpicking apples , so lets drop it ,before we end up in bananas :p

jmeijer
05-11-2012, 03:07 PM
I think the highest paying sports team is Chelsea, because they have like 60 players with an average of €4,5mil/year, so that makes 270 million each year.. don't know exactly.

@Dravak: That doesn't make sense. Brazil plays in the Copa America and that is the South-American equivalent of the European Championship.