PDA

View Full Version : WHY is Camping FROWNED Upon?

Dreno33
05-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Yes I understand camping is useless when not used correctly. But, especially those who take the time to understand how to increase IPH fast while camping, it has proven to be very useful.

I would those who discourage camping, crawling, etc to explain to me why you think it is so bad... IMHO, I haven't heard a legitimate reason yet. I'm quite the open-minded person and will take the time to not skim, but read what you post.

Keep it unheated and minimize the anger possibly aroused, please.
I look forward to what you all post, as for now, I am going back to writing my PHIL essay.

i need muney
05-11-2012, 11:58 AM
I think most of the guys were saying that it won't save you from bigger fish, not that it's totally useless.

Dipstik
05-11-2012, 11:59 AM
I don't "frown upon" it... I just think its silly. Especially the people who post their stats and brag about no banking. Yeah... Congrats. You're a dwarf among midgets. I understand this game has no winner or goal, but you're avoiding 90% of the game to keep from leveling up. Even by crime city standards... What's the point?

Dillinja
05-11-2012, 12:00 PM
It's not as frowned upon as much as starting the 51st thread about camping....

Dipstik
05-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Wow... I thought calling the last one #50 was just hyperbole. You're actually counting? :)

Sasha54
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM

Yes - I was going to say Dreno - I have been supportive of your method although it's not mine - but I think everyone is getting tired of the constant threads about it.

murf
05-11-2012, 12:05 PM
My 1st account is L189, and is very active. But I too have recently started a camper account which is now at L4.

I think their are a few main arguments against camping...

1) the very passive nature of it can bore some to tears
2) there are various resources that you have to manage in CC: they include in-game cash, stamina, energy & time. By camping, you are trying to maximize one (in-game cash) while completely ignoring two others (stamina, energy) while making the assumption that time is infinite.
3) Whatever income you are able to create while camping will be insignificant when you level up and are able to build the high-end gold/non-gold buildings.
4) Whatever cash weapons you buy will become irrelevant quickly as you start obtaining RP, farmable & event weapons, so all that time/cash spent obtaining them was wasted.

That's how I always viewed it, but as a secondary account, I'm willing to accept the downsides for a passive style of play.

Populouspapa
05-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Nothing against it, just not my type of gameplay, soooo boring... Might as well setup a script/macro like all the other online games..

Dravak
05-11-2012, 12:10 PM
ok let me out this straight into your face kapooh ...

Camping is not frowned on , people should play what they want and have fun ...
Problem is camping then pretending to be all powerfull in theorie , isn't the same as reality !

That is a big difference , for example I have outlevel most of the campers on my way , only Polar Bear (when he was a girl avatar ;) )
Was infact the only one that I couldn't handle , I stole his money but in one week he went from 20k-30k lol and a week later he was beyond my reach , not cause of money items , but gold and pve farm loot.

All other campers on my road were weak as hell , and this was before I even spent gold !
Or was 500 maffia , so I have not see one camper that was strong enough , while I never camped .
Sorry saw and trashed Billionaire , he still is camping with weak stats ..
Aside from gordy ( don't know how long he has been camping ) all other campers were weak as hell .
And if they are not weak , you can tell they money glitched , cause if they make enough income to get 100FBI shield
Then they shouldn't have problems , getting 300 FBI shield or other fancy goods .

Nope look even with 1.1 million income a hour you are struggling to pay for more then 2 armoured limo a day :p
So how do you think you will get that powerfull ;)

Nicholost
05-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I don't "frown upon" it... I just think its silly. Especially the people who post their stats and brag about no banking. Yeah... Congrats. You're a dwarf among midgets. I understand this game has no winner or goal, but you're avoiding 90% of the game to keep from leveling up. Even by crime city standards... What's the point?

Actually, I'm 6'4". Who's the dwarf now, ****Dip? :p

Spartacus
05-11-2012, 12:16 PM
It's a different style of play. Anyone can play the way they want; it's a game!

I think some people just think that their style is more "fun" or more "active". Depends on the way you want to play.

Ramshutu
05-11-2012, 12:17 PM
I don't frown upon it, i dont know why people get so wound up.

My only issue is that it is often claimed that camping gives players a significant advantage when it doesn't really.

Burn
05-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Those that camp for enjoyment, or to hit specific financial goals - please carry on enjoying it.

Those that camp for future strength - wake up dummy, it simply ain't happening that way.

:D

Nicholost
05-11-2012, 12:21 PM

My only issue is that it is often claimed that camping gives players a significant advantage when it doesn't really.

This. I too don't understand why people care so much. In fact, if the general experience is that players who camp are generally weaker yet richer, we should be encouraging everyone to camp; more lucrative hoods to rob from. :)

Max Power
05-11-2012, 12:40 PM

This^^^^^^

Dreno33
05-11-2012, 12:54 PM

what about Events. Those have been around much less, with 200+ more threads about them then camping... Half saying why Funzio is scamming them... -__-

So far, best argument. Makes complete sense about HL weapons. As for me, I don't really think ill cont. playing to lvl 100+ or so. I'll probably end around 100 (guestimation) b/c either i'll lose interest or not have time or move onto another game.

Although, for lower levels, I do feel camping gives an extremely big advantage to your rivals b/c cash weapons are worth a damn. But, as others have recently informed me, there aren't any good cash weapons in the 100+ levels, so no, it wouldn't be an advantage then. Besides attack explosives, i guess.

kykboxr
05-11-2012, 12:55 PM

In the way it's run by Funzio, you are right. The advantage goes to a hybrid player, though, more on the offensive and as mentioned, the pay scale is gold > respect > cash. The cash can take you so far, but in building true defensive items, respect is the way to go (outside of gold). I played Storm8 for a while and the benefits of camping there are very beneficial, and as anyone who has played their games knows, cash buys the buildings/vehicles/weapons necessary to rule. The Funzio games move away from that, however, there is still reason to follow the 'slower' route of moving up.

Hank
05-11-2012, 01:10 PM
I discouage camping because i think many who do it are confused/misinformed. I hear people say things like "wow, your income is really high for someone who isn't a camper" statements like that make me think that some people believe camping is a good way to increase your hourly income, which is not true at all. Its very ineffective, especially at lower levels. By camping you only have access to low level buildings that don't do much for hourly income and you deprive yourself of huge amounts of money that can be gained from actually playing the game i.e. robbing/jobs/fights. You said your income is only like $30-40K/hr which is really low considering how long you have been playing. I don't mean that as an insult, but I think camping is really inefficient and not a wise or fun play style. I think campers think it is effective because they only can compare themselves with their rivals, who have only been playing for a fraction of the amount of time as they have, and so they may think they are doing well, but when you look at the big picture, by camping you are putting yourself far behind the eight ball when you consider what you could have had with a different playing style.

crybaby
05-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Actually, I'm 6'4". Who's the dwarf now, ****Dip? :plol +1 nicholost :p

Burn
05-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Agree with Hank.

Check out my building list here... http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?28825-I-m-on-a-48hr-Synch-Take-it-All

All the early game junk is deleted, because the money is garbage and the spread of collection times was ridiculous.

Many of those buildings in my list are not even available to real low level campers.

They all appear to be down there dreaming of their first Nightclub. Good luck with collecting it more than twice daily, good luck with fending off the attention of stronger players who will see your hood as a money-making annexe.

Dreno33
05-11-2012, 02:29 PM
They all appear to be down there dreaming of their first Nightclub. Good luck with collecting it more than twice daily, good luck with fending off the attention of stronger players who will see your hood as a money-making annexe.

Well, in the LLs, theres a lot less high-stat players then in your HLs. Less likely for us to be big stat players' ATMs. Plus, if they found us, they'd level up pretty quickly and be beyond our Rival's List(:

Ramshutu
05-11-2012, 02:37 PM
FYI. In MW camping is a good strategy and does yield significant advantages.

Dreno33
05-11-2012, 03:08 PM
FYI. In MW camping is a good strategy and does yield significant advantages.

except for WP, lol

Ramshutu
05-11-2012, 03:23 PM
except for WP, lol

That's because WP is legendary.

Amber_
05-11-2012, 03:38 PM
One can play however they want. The problem as I see it is the players that have two accounts, - one for ordinary playing and one just for camping. This is becoming more and more common. Sure it's fun for the players that already have one account to play with to keep a level 8 account with two nightclubs, lofts and super stats. But all in all it makes the game less fun for the new players who'll have no chance against these players. And like I said, this "method" becomes more and more common. That's why I'm not a very big fan of camping this way, but like I said, everyone is free to play however they want. And I'm level 150-something so this doesn't bother me, I'm just thinking about the new players who's just trying to figure this game out.

Nudie
05-11-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't know why there are so many threads on "camping". It's not difficult to do nothing but collect money, build & upgrade.

mnju_03
05-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Camping is easy, it has the ability to spring your economy so far ahead so while you start to fight you can safely rely on the income... Either do or don't. Why should it matter? So many people push opinions, too silly.

Spartacus
05-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Hmmmmm. Which camper thread to post in...

Paulio
05-11-2012, 06:28 PM
But all in all it makes the game less fun for the new players who'll have no chance against these players.

Campers don't rob and attack, so it won't have much of an affect on new players

bigflan
05-11-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm camping have developed a super strategy not to be used by the small mind and camping is good as you also have unit buildings which upgrading yields better items so camping is great

emcee
05-11-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm camping have developed a super strategy not to be used by the small mind

Watcha talkin bout Willis, small minds :p

Maniaxe
05-11-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm camping have developed a super strategy not to be used by the small mind and camping is good as you also have unit buildings which upgrading yields better items so camping is great
Well your strategy that is not for the small mind, is for the wrong game bub.

As far as camping being frowned upon it is all a matter of personal preference. If I think apples are the best fruit ever, I am going to tell you that your orange was a bad choice and you should try an apple instead.

emcee
05-11-2012, 06:56 PM
If I think apples are the best fruit ever, I am going to tell you that your orange was a bad choice and you should try an apple instead.

Forget about apples and oranges, ataulfo mangos is the way to go :)

bigflan
05-11-2012, 07:01 PM
I don't like CC . MW is way better in my opinion and yes nothing wrong with camping any gold player can beat a camper it's just a free mans way of getting strong and yes I'm a free player but 75 percent of my army is gold units most of which are crates had bad luck with them( 2 rare 1 uncommon and 9 common + my event prizes and a gold unit I bought) I have made my economy strong and people are jelly and try to take my money but instead leave a donation to my cause at the door and with MW the gold units are more valuable as you will lose units is MW but gold and event items are indestructible and I picked the best nation so I'm basically just not paying for my losses but beefing up my army so soon I can add more allies

Maniaxe
05-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Forget about apples and oranges, ataulfo mangos is the way to go :)
Ohh I forgot about mangos. Ignore everything I have ever said, mangos are where its at!