PDA

View Full Version : What is your robbing technique?

Gaming Will
05-11-2012, 10:00 AM
It's a serious question folks! I'm level 100 now, and haven't been much of a robber.
Aybe this will "spruce" things up a bit. What is your robbery strategy (how you hunt hoods, which ones you like to hit, what time works best for you,etc).

I hardly ever see good buildings up for rob, so your help is appreciated.

Bala82
05-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Well the more money signs i see the better targets but before i rob someone i look at defence stats to see if i would be successful. I am low level robbery so i know whether any of this would be of much help but i tend rob 48 hour buildings because it's fun knowing someone wait collect from 48 hour building and you rob them must make them mad. I tend focus on gun shops and T-shirt stand since Warehouses too much experience.

i am looking forward to robbing a MT when i get a chance LOL

sexkitteh
05-11-2012, 10:25 AM
MT is only 12 hours though... I like your 48 hour evilness :D

Dravak
05-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Simple Will if you can beat somebody up , all his buildings are for the taking !!...

But truth is you need to priortise targets ..
loft > all , low xp . terrific Respec, good income especially upgraded .

Well if you rob for money , you just check what buildings you collect gets the most money .
Rob those buildings , cause nets you 40% of the income . 20% a attack .

But if I feel robbery tempted it is only lofts .. cause of the respec , not cause of the money .

Sasha54
05-11-2012, 10:29 AM
I don't know if it's much of a technique - more hit & miss really.

I just scroll down my list - pick someone and if they have crap then I leave and move on but I don't pick everyone - sometimes I target females - not sure why - must be a girl thing.......:D
so if I find what I consider good for my level - I hit them and I don't usually check their stats - so I go for Lofts, MT's, I love HL houses, Upscales - Crematoriums.
I'm not at the level yet where I'm getting hoods with NC's. Best haul I had was around 120K total but that is unusual - he never came back at me either and I think his stats were better.

As for time of day - I keep my IPad on my desk so I can pretty well play all day but I don't really see any peaks....

Sasha54
05-11-2012, 10:32 AM
And I don't worry too much about the whole XP/RP ratio because usually I'm robbing because I need money for something - rob for Cash Option for events and if I'm short for something I need to build - and I rob to make enough to buy for Gattling Guns...........

Luciferianism
05-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Rob things that are going to give sweet pay outs, simple really.
Unless you hate the person, in which case rob every single building, shoot their grandmother, kill their friends, attack them until they are too beat up to be hit again and revisit the next day until all of their explosives are gone. Then go back whenever you see their name and rob anything that can be robbed at any opportunity and then write on their wall 'squeal *****'. You can skip a couple of those steps if you like, all personal taste really.

Dreno33
05-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Rob things that are going to give sweet pay outs, simple really.

I figured(: I will be robbing purely for R. You, on the other hand, for money. Which will give you poor R:XP ratio. Proved yourself wrong in having more R by lvl 200 than me.

Not to mention that I will have saved mine for the end-game R weapons and not have spent any of my R on replaceable weapons earlier on, unlike you.

Sasha54
05-11-2012, 10:45 AM
I figured(: I will be robbing purely for R. You, on the other hand, for money. Which will give you poor R:XP ratio. Proved yourself wrong in having more R by lvl 200 than me.

Not to mention that I will have saved mine for the end-game R weapons and not have spent any of my R on replaceable weapons earlier on, unlike you.

Uh - Oh - here we go..................:mad:

Dreno33
05-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Uh - Oh - here we go..................:mad:

couldn't resist! he just contradicted EVERYTHING he said earlier. hahah

Luciferianism
05-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Why are you so butt-hurt? Lmao.

TRAZ
05-11-2012, 10:49 AM
I rob any and everything, even your grandma if you leave her alone in your hood.

I seriously rob everything from someone when they try to rob me and fail. I'll leave 'em face-down in the gutter if possible. I've even sat in a hood and waited for my energy to fill back up and rob them some more...hehehe

OG Hottman
05-11-2012, 10:56 AM
When I rob I try and target bulding that have a larger payout for respect. Lofts are great, MT's, warehouses, meat factory , and clothing stores all payout 8+ respect. Any even better if people actually level their ****. All the restraunts pay out 4+ depending on the level (diner, italian, ect). If your looking for money you should have an idea of which building outputs more money from what you got in your hood.

Sasha54
05-11-2012, 11:21 AM
I rob any and everything, even your grandma if you leave her alone in your hood.

I seriously rob everything from someone when they try to rob me and fail. I'll leave 'em face-down in the gutter if possible. I've even sat in a hood and waited for my energy to fill back up and rob them some more...hehehe

Well first off - it's your Stamina not Energy that needs to refill
AND - seems like a waste to rob everything - I wouldn't waste my bullets on robbing crap buildings.........

Sasha54
05-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Why are you so butt-hurt? Lmao.

Is the Depths of Hell where you are physically - or is it your state of mind.............:D

Luciferianism
05-11-2012, 11:41 AM
A bit of both. I just want to be with you Sasha. :' (

Dr Girlfriend
05-11-2012, 11:49 AM
I often find good targets late at night and early in the morning, 6 and 8 hour buildings where the owner either didn't stay up to collect, or didn't get up early enough.

Sasha54
05-11-2012, 11:51 AM
A bit of both. I just want to be with you Sasha. :' (

I know (sigh) - everyone does................I've gotten used to it:cool:

DenZ1
05-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Technique is simple. Scroll through the list, find paying buildings (over 5K per hit) and rob the crap out of it :)
Just mind the sharks outthere :)

Luciferianism
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
I know (sigh) - everyone does................I've gotten used to it:cool:
So um, dinner and a movie on me?

Sasha54
05-11-2012, 12:07 PM
So um, dinner and a movie on me?

what like - "Sympathy for the Devil".........

Luciferianism
05-11-2012, 12:11 PM
More like ... "Tonight we dine in hell".

Burn
05-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I wee on all of their buildings ;)

If I find cheats and they are stronger than me I am prepared to have my stats decimated whilst blowing up their stolen explosives, I recently camped a cheats hood for a full 5 days, used all my stamina on him, and took his Land Mines from 490 to 20.

Anyone that robs me who has weak stats and are using the oddities of the game to pull a cheeky robbery, I similarly stalk them relentlessly until I have taken at least double what they stole.

I don't sulk if someone stronger than me treats me similarly - if I hit them blind and they are strong, it is their right to take whatever revenge they want.

Anyone below 500 who is clearly doing Thug Life will get stalked also. But I don't hit people below 500 if they are very weak, or have no Thug Life items.

Basically I try not to bully really weak players. One rob yes, but no stalking. I got stronger because of the forums, and through buying Gold. I am aware others may have not have had the benefit of the forums, or may not have the resources to buy Gold, so I try to be respectful.

Basically I try to be a good guy. But Rats and cheats - relentless punishment, these are the only people who make me play with any kind of malice in mind ;)

MonteCitan
05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I wee on all of their buildings ;)

If I find cheats and they are stronger than me I am prepared to have my stats decimated whilst blowing up their stolen explosives, I recently camped a cheats hood for a full 5 days, used all my stamina on him, and took his Land Mines from 490 to 20.

Anyone that robs me who has weak stats and are using the oddities of the game to pull a cheeky robbery, I similarly stalk them relentlessly until I have taken at least double what they stole.

I don't sulk if someone stronger than me treats me similarly - if I hit them blind and they are strong, it is their right to take whatever revenge they want.

Anyone below 500 who is clearly doing Thug Life will get stalked also. But I don't hit people below 500 if they are very weak, or have no Thug Life items.

Basically I try not to bully really weak players. One rob yes, but no stalking. I got stronger because of the forums, and through buying Gold. I am aware others may have not have had the benefit of the forums, or may not have the resources to buy Gold, so I try to be respectful.

Basically I try to be a good guy. But Rats and cheats - relentless punishment, these are the only people who make me play with any kind of malice in mind ;)

Does it make me a rat if I were to drop from 500 mafia to 300 in order to see rats in the 200-300 range with 150k+ income? I mean I have TL equipment but not using it for TL at the moment :p

I spent 5 minutes bleeding off mafia members and earned a ton of income hitting no bankers and guys who don't collect as frequently, probably as those at 500 can't find them and they're too strong for others that can see them..

Burn
05-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Start a new movement, Camper Catchers. Anything to drive them underground and stop them from starting Camping threads every 5 minutes ;)

Gaming Will
05-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions and opinions...

CthepowersthatB
05-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I enjoy robbing a lot, i simply go out with my 60 stamina and scroll tediously but happily down the scumbag list.
I hit laundromats level 4 and above and espescially level 7s because sometimes you get a 1 ex / 3 respect hit. The ultimate hit....
I salivate upon seeing collection agencies, lofts and clothing stores. For cash i enjoy pillaging internet companies, dominicans, lofts, movies theatres etc. I also use a special method to pick up all the cash icons and respect items, i shake my phone to collect ASAP just in case the game crashes. A Good tip i'd say plus it is good exercise also, remember When in doubt shake it about. This is all the fitness i need in my life.
Maybe i need to fight a bit more but as it stands i am a certified robber at level 60.

Murda
05-11-2012, 04:19 PM
My technique is to double-click on the buildings I want to rob.

mnju_03
05-11-2012, 04:22 PM
My technique is to double-click on the buildings I want to rob.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

iteachem
05-11-2012, 08:08 PM
I often find good targets late at night and early in the morning, 6 and 8 hour buildings where the owner either didn't stay up to collect, or didn't get up early enough.

+1 that's what I do.. I am an early riser and scan the rivals list for a few times.....