PDA

View Full Version : Event main prize idea.

Giedrius
05-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Gents I have idea of event main prize. We had 1 event prize PvP orientated, few PvE orientated and few economy ones. Now it's turn for hood size-looks:

After collecting 10 gems or something we get prize:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm304/jord23astra/shovel.jpg

Bonus- Hood expansions and decorations 50% cheaper.

What you think?

CounterSniper
05-11-2012, 07:48 AM
I would have to say no and mainly cuz i have already decorated my hood and because they haven't added any decorations that i could use to improve my hood.

I would like one that improves drop rates, PvE &/or PvP.

Maybe one that increases defense, particularly against robberies.

I do like the golden shovel though! :cool:

edit - expansions would help some but I dont see myself doing more than 1 or 2 additional expansions from here unless they add some more decent HL bldgs.

badvoc0
05-11-2012, 07:54 AM
or how about an 'oily rag' as a main prize. Its bonus modifier could be to turn all your rusty weapons into nice shiny ones....

Giedrius
05-11-2012, 07:57 AM
I would have to say no and mainly cuz i have already decorated my hood and because they haven't added any decorations that i could use to improve my hood.

I decorated my hood as well but my next expansion is 25 mil... And I hate to see other hoods with cramped buildings and no decorations. If we have good drop rate and a lot guys get it we might start seeing more nice hoods. Nowadays loads of player cannot justify buying decorations/expand.

Dr BoneCrusher
05-11-2012, 08:03 AM
or how about an 'oily rag' as a main prize. Its bonus modifier could be to turn all your rusty weapons into nice shiny ones....

Now that one I lke

CounterSniper
05-11-2012, 08:06 AM
I decorated my hood as well but my next expansion is 25 mil... And I hate to see other hoods with cramped buildings and no decorations. If we have good drop rate and a lot guys get it we might start seeing more nice hoods. Nowadays loads of player cannot justify buying decorations/expand.

I must have been editing my post while you were responding.

I have no real need for expansions but for you and many others i can see the benefit. :cool:

Giedrius
05-11-2012, 08:10 AM
IMO not all main prizes must be game changing. This one would be just game improver and no one would cry about not getting it.

AppleMacGuy
05-11-2012, 08:22 AM
IMO not all main prizes must be game changing. This one would be just game improver and no one would cry about not getting it.

Maybe from a players PoV yes, but from Funzio's PoV a big fat no...as gold spending would fall of a cliff, don't ya think? And, well, we know that the whole point of events is to be a golden cow with the most mahoosive udders full of cash you ever did see...Mooooo

CounterSniper
05-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Maybe from a players PoV yes, but from Funzio's PoV a big fat no...as gold spending would fall of a cliff, don't ya think?

+1,

I beat you last time, you beat me this time. My thoughts exactly. haha

AppleMacGuy
05-11-2012, 08:34 AM
+1,

I beat you last time, you beat me this time. My thoughts exactly. haha

Great minds and all that lmao! :p

Giedrius
05-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Maybe from a players PoV yes, but from Funzio's PoV a big fat no...as gold spending would fall of a cliff, don't ya think? And, well, we know that the whole point of events is to be a golden cow with the most mahoosive udders full of cash you ever did see...Mooooo

I realize that, that's why I mentioned good drop rate. If you remember burner rates was terrible, forum was spitting mad, loads of "not buying gold anymore " bla bla. Next event, not remember what it was, but reward IMO wasn't great but drop rates much better. This served as event to calm community/raise hopes. Next few events started going downhill ...

blondealex
05-11-2012, 08:45 AM
I like this idea, I wouldn't be as pissed about not getting it.

Giedrius
05-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Another thing, check pool results- there is Wayyy to many 0/7. It's time to change it. Funzio can allow themselves give us this one "easy". And it's melee

AppleMacGuy
05-11-2012, 08:56 AM
I realize that, that's why I mentioned good drop rate. If you remember burner rates was terrible, forum was spitting mad, loads of "not buying gold anymore " bla bla. Next event, not remember what it was, but reward IMO wasn't great but drop rates much better. This served as event to calm community/raise hopes. Next few events started going downhill ...

And therein lies the rub...increasing the drop rates is great but not as a one-off as it's isn't getting to the root of the problem...

AppleMacGuy
05-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Another thing, check pool results- there is Wayyy to many 0/7. It's time to change it. Funzio can allow themselves give us this one "easy". And it's melee

Yes, I saw that...actually if you include 1-3/7 they total around 70% but one must assume that Funzio don't care as maybe the revenue they generate from 10-20% of players (or less...I'm just plucking figures) keeps the bean counters happy all day long...

Spartacus
05-11-2012, 12:54 PM
+1

This could be somewhat useful.

Giedrius
05-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Auto collect!

No. That would mean no robbing...

Giedrius
05-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Auto collect bad idea, but auto restart I think good. If you don't have to restart clock by collecting, you could stack up income. Auto restart would restart robbing opportunity as well...

kimberleyj
05-11-2012, 03:15 PM

edit - expansions would help some but I dont see myself doing more than 1 or 2 additional expansions from here unless they add some more decent HL bldgs.

i agree with you. i don't used decorations and won't until i have finshed building and upgrading all the high paying buildings which will take me a very long time. better defense would be somethink i would be willing to pay gold for because i am in the high levels and it might make a huge difference to me.