PDA

View Full Version : Movie theater lvl 4+ Dominican lvl 2 or loft lvl 1?

Mark1989
05-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Dillema here. Got around 800k banked now, lvl 34. Income 22k/hr. Playing for almost 3 weeks now and wanna keep on growing my economy as fast as possible. When should one be thinking about building a loft? Pure income/hour seen the Mt and dominican are a wiser choice and maybe the loft is a big slowdown in my economy now? Planned on camping in lvl 40 btw, internet, smoke shop and beachside available then. What do u guys think? Thanks!

jmeijer
05-10-2012, 11:10 AM
I think you should go with lofts. Your MT and Dominican will still pay-out when you build it, and the loft is a building that will give you a LOT in the future.

Mark1989
05-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Hmm yeah thats true. I still got an upgrade going for the next 30 hours so I cant upgrade anyway. In those 30 hours I can easily rob the money needed for a dominican or so. Thanks!

murf
05-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Dillema here. Got around 800k banked now, lvl 34. Income 22k/hr. Playing for almost 3 weeks now and wanna keep on growing my economy as fast as possible. When should one be thinking about building a loft? Pure income/hour seen the Mt and dominican are a wiser choice and maybe the loft is a big slowdown in my economy now? Planned on camping in lvl 40 btw, internet, smoke shop and beachside available then. What do u guys think? Thanks!

I would recommend building the loft, doing cheap, long upgrades to save up to immediately upgrade it to L2, then build/upgrade a 2nd one to L2...Lofts and MT upgrades should be your priority for the foreseeable future.

Sasha54
05-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Lofts ASAP and level them to 2 and then go back and do Dominicans and MT's for sure

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Easiest thing to keep in mind... With buildings that have expensive upgrade costs and high income payouts, the FASTEST way to gain income/hour growth and pay off the upgrade costs, go from cheapest to most expensive. plain and simple. (this is all observation from my experience, some may disagree, i think)

Movie Theaters should be AT LEAST lvl 4 when you buy your first Loft. your Dominicans should be AT LEAST lvl 4 when you buy your first Loft. Make sense?

im lvl 9, 37k income both Lofts are lvl 1, MT's are 5 & 4. dominican is still locked for me.

Sasha54
05-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Easiest thing to keep in mind... With buildings that have expensive upgrade costs and high income payouts, the FASTEST way to gain income/hour growth and pay off the upgrade costs, go from cheapest to most expensive. plain and simple. (this is all observation from my experience, some may disagree, i think)

Movie Theaters should be AT LEAST lvl 4 when you buy your first Loft. your Dominicans should be AT LEAST lvl 4 when you buy your first Loft. Make sense?

im lvl 9, 37k income both Lofts are lvl 1, MT's are 5 & 4. dominican is still locked for me.

Actually not to me - I built my first loft soon as I could and went to lvl 2 right away and then buildt the second and did the same.
then I went back and took my MT's to level 4 and my Dominicans to lvl 4

This was I'm sure from one of TS's threads about getting the Lofts done to lvl 2 ASAP

kykboxr
05-10-2012, 11:51 AM

Holy camper. You'll be in tall-cotton once you're ready to progress.

Nice work

murf
05-10-2012, 11:52 AM

Expanding this logic, means that you will never upgrade a Nightclub, because there will always be a ton of very good upgrades that are cheaper...I think the consensus opinion is NC upgrades are by far the best upgrades to do. And I have found that it is usually the expensive upgrades that provide the best long-term income growth.

I think you are focusing more on short-term vs long-term gains...I do think you have to mix the two, and the way I do it is by doing the cheap upgrades (high-ROI) while saving for the expensive ones

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Actually not to me - I built my first loft soon as I could and went to lvl 2 right away and then buildt the second and did the same.

This was I'm sure from one of TS's threads about getting the Lofts done to lvl 2 ASAP

but you most likely had a better income WHEN you did that then he does RIGHT NOW. if your doing this at lower levels with a small income. the strategy i mentioned is the only way to keep your income flowing back in fast

Walter
05-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Build the Loft. It will take 96 hours to build, giving you plenty of time to save for your MT and Dominican upgrades

jmeijer
05-10-2012, 11:57 AM
@Murf: ROI means nothing to me. It is based only on the building that you are upgrading/building right now. You should upgrade the building that has the most income/hr increase.

murf
05-10-2012, 11:59 AM
ROI means nothing to me. It is based only on the building that you are upgrading/building right now. You should upgrade the building that has the most income/hr increase.

Doesn't cost come into consideration? how about build time? Looking at a single metric like that is way too simple IMHO

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 12:03 PM
@Murf. I think what jmeijer is TRYING to say is that ROI should be followed when SAVING money for next big upgrade. this is how I save money, maybe thats what he meant

jmeijer
05-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Doesn't cost come into consideration? how about build time? Looking at a single metric like that is way too simple IMHOI don't care a lot about build time, if the upgrade that I'm doing right now is worth it. I agree that a short and cheap upgrade should go first, when you already know what building you are going to do next and if you have the cash on hand already.

I prefer a cheap but long upgrade when I want to save for an expensive one. For instance, I will do my lvl 6 dominican (1,6 mil) before my lvl 2 NC because I have not enough cash at the moment for the 46,8 mil upgrade (I have Striker Minigun). And the lvl 6 dominican has an awful ROI, but it has a nice income/hr increase.

murf
05-10-2012, 12:28 PM
@Murf. I think what jmeijer is TRYING to say is that ROI should be followed when SAVING money for next big upgrade. this is how I save money, maybe thats what he meant

OK...yes, I agree 100%

QPR
05-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Movie theater pumps out a shed load of cash and the upgrades are not as expensive as the loft.

I have two MT one at lv5 and one a lvl6

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Movie theater pumps out a shed load of cash and the upgrades are not as expensive as the loft.

I have two MT one at lv5 and one a lvl6

do you have lofts yet?

Mark1989
05-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Hmm lots of good advices. Still not sure what to follow though. Dreno got some strong points imo, but since i got to wait for 30hours i might as well build it I guess?

QPR
05-10-2012, 12:54 PM
do you have lofts yet?

Yes.

x 2 @ level 1 each.

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes.

x 2 @ level 1 each.

why are you leveling a MT to lvl 6 and not your Lofts up more??

Here's the huge flaw i seen in your thinking about the two buildings.

Name
Level
Income
Chain Cost

MT
4.3m

Loft
4.1m

MT
7.36m

Loft
7.68m

The income numbers are w/out tycoon boost (10%)

As you can see,
In the 1st part, the Loft is cheaper but pays out only 2k less
In the 2nd part, the Loft is only a bit more expensive and pays out way more.

In conclusion, Lofts pay itself off much quicker than MT's when progressing in upgrade levels

You should seriously upgrade those lofts to 2 before anymore MT's upgrades

enahs1
05-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Dreno, can you help me with my Economy? The guides don't make sense and I have a question

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Dreno, can you help me with my Economy? The guides don't make sense and I have a question

shoot, im listening

enahs1
05-10-2012, 01:29 PM
. My income per hour is 34,152 and I'm on level 82 (started working on economy to late) These are my main buildings:
2x Level 4 Movie theaters
2x level 4 Domican Restaurants
2x Level 4 Smoke shops
2x Level 2 Beachside Inns
2x level 2 comedy Theaters
2x Level 1 Lofts
1x Level 1 Upscale Club

I know I have to upgrade my lofts but I wanted an upscale club first. But my question is... Should I buy crematoriums and brownstones or should I focus more on upgrading my current buildings like my lofts and buying a second upscale club? Thanks

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 01:37 PM
. My income per hour is 34,152 and I'm on level 82 (started working on economy to late) These are my main buildings:
2x Level 4 Movie theaters
2x level 4 Domican Restaurants
2x Level 4 Smoke shops
2x Level 2 Beachside Inns
2x level 2 comedy Theaters
2x Level 1 Lofts
1x Level 1 Upscale Club

I know I have to upgrade my lofts but I wanted an upscale club first. But my question is... Should I buy crematoriums and brownstones or should I focus more on upgrading my current buildings like my lofts and buying a second upscale club? Thanks

well since you have a much more diverse of collection cycles, it depends on how often you can collect them.

The MT's and Lofts are 12 while the UC, BI, Dominican, and Crem. are 24. And then you have SS's which are 8. The MT's and Lofts, if you can collect on the second every time actually pay more then the 24 buildings. If you can collect the 8 hour SS's 3 times a day, then get those higher b/c there fairly cheap for cost.

The MT's and Lofts have much more potential in income compared to the others (IMO) for the upgrade costs.

Also keep in mind that buildings shouldn't be kept at lvl 1 for too long, they should be bumped to lvl 2 fairly soon. Gives a much better payout (double or more)

enahs1
05-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Okay, well, I'm going to upgrade my lofts to 2 then. It triples the outcome (11,000 to 33,000). It costs 1,269,200 and I have around 1,100,000, but I haven't even collected from my 24 hour buildings yet. So I will have enough for them tonight. Thanks

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Okay, well, I'm going to upgrade my lofts to 2 then. It triples the outcome (11,000 to 33,000). It costs 1,269,200 and I have around 1,100,000, but I haven't even collected from my 24 hour buildings yet. So I will have enough for them tonight. Thanks

sounds good!

Im saving up to 1m to upgrade my 2nd MT to 5. then upgrading my lofts to lvl 2.

My Empire Theaters are lvl 7 each. They payout 15.3k ea every 3 hours. I'll upgrade those to lvl 8 after my lofts are lvl 2

QPR
05-10-2012, 01:51 PM
why are you leveling a MT to lvl 6 and not your Lofts up more??

Here's the huge flaw i seen in your thinking about the two buildings.

Name
Level
Income
Chain Cost

MT
4.3m

Loft
4.1m

MT
7.36m

Loft
7.68m

The income numbers are w/out tycoon boost (10%)

As you can see,
In the 1st part, the Loft is cheaper but pays out only 2k less
In the 2nd part, the Loft is only a bit more expensive and pays out way more.

In conclusion, Lofts pay itself off much quicker than MT's when progressing in upgrade levels

You should seriously upgrade those lofts to 2 before anymore MT's upgrades

Well my plan was to upgrade the MT's first and then lofts but take your point you seem pretty clued up !

Are you sure your only on level 9 ? ;)

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Well my plan was to upgrade the MT's first and then lofts but take your point you seem pretty clued up !

Are you sure your only on level 9 ? ;)

i had an old acct, stopped it at lvl 42. After i learned about forums. I studied the economics part of the game, then started over by transferring from my brothers phone. so happy i did so.

kykboxr
05-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Do NOT buy the crematoriums. Use your cash elsewhere.

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 02:19 PM

but they're hella cheap...

kykboxr
05-10-2012, 02:21 PM
At your pace you'll be able to afford them when you hit L11 ;)

QPR
05-10-2012, 02:25 PM

emmm, Why?

jmeijer
05-10-2012, 02:27 PM
emmm, Why?Bad ROI, low increase of income/hr, bad build and upgrade times compared to lofts and mt's. And it looks awful in your hood.

QPR
05-10-2012, 02:27 PM
i had an old acct, stopped it at lvl 42. After i learned about forums. I studied the economics part of the game, then started over by transferring from my brothers phone. so happy i did so.

My main game runs off my IPAd but I may start a new one on my Iphone !!

Any tips??

murf
05-10-2012, 02:29 PM

While they aren't the prettiest or best building to get, I do think there is a time when you should buy these...basically, when all other buildings options have been exhausted or you need time to save for a larger purchase (like upscales). The LONG build time is actually helpful when you are looking to save. I try to have something building and upgrading at all times and the Crematorium helps with that trememdously.. and now while I'm saving for NC upgrades, I'm going back and finding these aren't horrible upgrades either. I now have one at L3 and the other at L2.

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 02:34 PM
My main game runs off my IPAd but I may start a new one on my Iphone !!

Any tips??

keep your mafia at 1 (you) and get the LMs going. Post your code in the add me section and start saving lots of requests. That way you can add some, buy italians, drop. add some, buy MT's, drop.

Keeping your mafia at 1 decreases your attacks EXTREMELY.

get some Tapjoy gold and buy both ice-cream shops. 3 hour and mafia buildings are your friend!

murf
05-10-2012, 02:35 PM
I don't care a lot about build time, if the upgrade that I'm doing right now is worth it. I agree that a short and cheap upgrade should go first, when you already know what building you are going to do next and if you have the cash on hand already.

I prefer a cheap but long upgrade when I want to save for an expensive one. For instance, I will do my lvl 6 dominican (1,6 mil) before my lvl 2 NC because I have not enough cash at the moment for the 46,8 mil upgrade (I have Striker Minigun). And the lvl 6 dominican has an awful ROI, but it has a nice income/hr increase.

OK...we have a very similar strategy, I just have an output which takes into account $$/hr, upgrade cost and lost wages during upgrade (this is the only way I consider upgrade time). But, my guess is 90%+ of our strategies overlap.

Spartacus
05-10-2012, 02:37 PM
keep your mafia at 1 (you) and get the LMs going. Post your code in the add me section and start saving lots of requests. That way you can add some, buy italians, drop. add some, buy MT's, drop.

Keeping your mafia at 1 decreases your attacks EXTREMELY.

get some Tapjoy gold and buy both ice-cream shops. 3 hour and mafia buildings are your friend!

If you drop to 1 mafia are you essentially invisible to almost all players on your rivals list?

I only see 2 other players with 3 mafia, one has crap stats and one is an idiot no banker that I hit every 2 hours for an easy 300k.

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 02:40 PM
If you drop to 1 mafia are you essentially invisible to almost all players on your rivals list?

in a sense... yes. most new players figure "the more mafia i have, the more stronger i am" and add as much as they can ASAP, leaving us in the shadows

jmeijer
05-10-2012, 02:40 PM
OK...we have a very similar strategy, I just have an output which takes into account $$/hr, upgrade cost and lost wages during upgrade (this is the only way I consider upgrade time). But, my guess is 90%+ of our strategies overlap.True. I think you have to add build time to the building's ROI. And the lost income from it during the build time.

Spartacus
05-10-2012, 02:46 PM
in a sense... yes. most new players figure "the more mafia i have, the more stronger i am" and add as much as they can ASAP, leaving us in the shadows

Gotcha. I sorta want to stay at 3 so I don't get uber-bored. Anyways I can't consistently beat the no banker and get the easy 300k without at least 3 mafia.

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Gotcha. I sorta want to stay at 3 so I don't get uber-bored. Anyways I can't consistently beat the no banker and get the easy 300k without at least 3 mafia.

whats his name level and mafia?

Spartacus
05-10-2012, 02:51 PM
whats his name level and mafia?

Name: kksp-dd (or something like that, I can't remember the last 2 letters).
Level: 71 or 72 (I think 71)
Mafia: 3

Is holding $1M+ cash. Has a decent economy. Might be a cheater, might not be. Isn't he a bit high for you?

Babytway
05-10-2012, 02:57 PM
im lvl 175 and just built lofts recently and they are still at lvl 1 not planning to do anything with them for a long time. dominicans are good buildings

ShawnBB
05-10-2012, 03:01 PM

Sasha made an excellent point here. For all the TypeA buildings, you should upgrade them to level 2 as fast as possible.
Why? Check it's ROI, lvl2 is the least and even lvl3 is less than lvl1. That's the beauty of TypeA building,The first three lvls are golden income bumping,should always put it as a priority.

The best game play is after the first Loft completed,you saved 2m on hand to build another and upgrade the first one meanwhile. So it basically needs you to have a 2m/100 hours---> 20000 IpH to start the loft plan.

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Name: kksp-dd (or something like that, I can't remember the last 2 letters).
Level: 71 or 72 (I think 71)
Mafia: 3

Is holding $1M+ cash. Has a decent economy. Might be a cheater, might not be. Isn't he a bit high for you?

for some odd reason i confused you asking me about mafia with QPR's post saying he started a new acct. Thought this guy you were robbing from was around my level, haha

Dreno33
05-10-2012, 03:03 PM
So it basically needs you to have a 2m/100 hours---> 20000 IpH to start the loft plan.

WITHOUT the LM inflation. just making sure the others know that, haha

sexkitteh
05-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Sasha made an excellent point here. For all the TypeA buildings, you should upgrade them to level 2 as fast as possible.
Why? Check it's ROI, lvl2 is the least and even lvl3 is less than lvl1. That's the beauty of TypeA building,The first three lvls are golden income bumping,should always put it as a priority.

The best game play is after the first Loft completed,you saved 2m on hand to build another and upgrade the first one meanwhile. So it basically needs you to have a 2m/100 hours---> 20000 IpH to start the loft plan.

+1 the TypeA vs TypeB