PDA

View Full Version : THE CHANCE OF 10TH event gem

luckyer
05-09-2012, 10:55 PM
why the FUNZIO DON'T tell us,what is the chance to get 10TH gem?
I think many players have the same question..
I have ask the custom service,their answer let me upset!
I posted the mail from custom service...
wish more players sustained attention to the matter and make sure our rights...
Thank you for the message. Here is a quick breakdown on how our events work. In all Crime City events so far, players collected event boxes from jobs in the game. They then have three options to choose from to open the boxes: the free option which gives a low chance of opening, the cash option which gives a medium chance of opening, and a gold option which guarantees opening.

Once a box is opened, there are 5 different types of prizes that may be inside: money, respect, an extra mafia member, an item, or the event gem. Opening a box does not guarantee that the event gem will be awarded. There are no guarantees other then opening with the gold option will give you a reward. The rate for event gem drops do decrease as the total number of gems collected increase, but it never becomes a 0 or below-0 number.

CounterSniper
05-09-2012, 11:01 PM
This used to be posted in the original event guide by Crime City Mark in response to a query but was removed when they "improved" the forums for some reason and was never put back.

As many people have pointed out though only a small number of players actually know about or read the forum so they still wouldnt know.

I think it should be included in the device's event info screen myself but doubt that will ever happen.

jaywalker
05-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I didn't read about it in the original event guide, but I thought this was common knowledge. There is a reason "everyone" gets 7-8 in a day or three, and nothing for the next 1-4 days depening on how long the event lasts. What upsets me more is that people is surprised when they don't get every event item. A few people get all or close to all with the cash option, some gold spenders doesn't even get the 10th when they spend thousands of gold.

<3 Hz
05-09-2012, 11:12 PM
No one really knows, and Funzio sure won't tell. For some players, the odds for getting the 10th is about the same odds that a tornado will hit Kansas in any given year. For other players like me, we'd have better luck playing Powerball.

Babytway
05-09-2012, 11:12 PM
i've known this info about the more collectibles you have the lower the chances for 8,9 or 10th collectible. but what i have come to believe that is not said by CCM and devs that in some events that the percentage of opening with free(low) and cash(med) option is also altered. there was another event before this one that cash option had a horrible open rate as well.

MaddSkillz
05-09-2012, 11:13 PM
That sucks. It almost takes away the incentive to buy gold for the events. I would like it to say using gold slightly increases your chances of getting the event gem. I know if it did there a lot of non-gold players would be pissed.

I guess the only true incentive is the guarentee of getting something. Even if that something often sucks (yay an extra mafia member cuz those are hard to come by).

I think it would be better if each box actually had the event gem inside. Once you get all 10 then the unopened gem boxes get put back into circulation some how.

luckyer
THE FUNZIO tell me ....the chance of rem never becames zero...
but I think it is almost zero...
I asked they show us the chance like the gold item..."three boxes or box",it show us what chance we can get the rate item,uncommon and common,they answer me another E-mail...
Thanks for the follow-up. We do not give out the exact drop rates for crate items in our game. I apologize for the confusion, but we feel it's better not to tell.
Why they don't tell us what chance to get crate items?because the chance is zero!
I think they want we spend more and more money to win event items.
When you opend event boxes with gold to get 8TH ,9TH and 10TH gems,maybe you opened 100pcs boxes but get nothing!
I am very sure, there must be others like me have the same question !
IF THE FUNZIO want give players some specially items,Altogether and simply!
Don't play tricks on players...

nopenopenope
There is some merit to the OP's beef. Even with the real lottery the general odds are known. YES THIS IS A VIRTUAL L-O-T-T-E-R-Y FOLKS!

MaDrAvEr
05-09-2012, 11:14 PM
I didn't read about it in the original event guide, but I thought this was common knowledge. There is a reason "everyone" gets 7-8 in a day or three, and nothing for the next 1-4 days depening on how long the event lasts. What upsets me more is that people is surprised when they don't get every event item. A few people get all or close to all with the cash option, some gold spenders doesn't even get the 10th when they spend thousands of gold.

This is true hence why im nvr spending money on gold for their money sucking schemes n dont give to flying bananas about their of events!!

<3 Hz
05-09-2012, 11:16 PM
That sucks. It almost takes away the incentive to buy gold for the events. I would like it to say using gold slightly increases your chances of getting the event gem. I know if it did there a lot of non-gold players would be pissed.

All gold does is resets the timer & ensures that you open a chest that usually contains an EU security baton or an Enhanced bike lol.

MaddSkillz
05-09-2012, 11:36 PM
All gold does is resets the timer & ensures that you open a chest that usually contains an EU security baton or an Enhanced bike lol.

Oh yeah. I love paying top dollar for crappy stuff. Lol

skorpio696
05-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Ok There is one more thing that ppl should know the first 3 to 4 items in these events usually have higher stats than in store, respect & loot items therefore replacing these items and making the use of store/respect/loot items even less usefull to raising stats so after someone does many of these events getting the first 4 items and any other decent items from the events you'll have a hard time raising your stats because of these event rewards. so eventually being FORCED to buy gold to get higher stats Funzio What a very Cùnning trick you play on CC Players to get them to buy gold

emcee
05-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Funzio won't disclose the percentage because I think that figure can be adjusted for each event. Conspiracy theorists will say if a threshold of net income from these events is not reached Funzio may lower the chance to potentially increase gold usage.

I think thats not the case and success is purely by chance based on a predetermined tiered percentage figure or formula.

Maybe those that claim to have achieved end event items without using gold may be bending the truth just to make them look heroic or just to stand out. Maybe some use Tapjoy gold and don't make it count as real gold.

This was the most difficult event for me to date with many attempts with unopened briefcases. I seem to be lucky when I did open them that a higher perceived percentage were docs.

Feng1234
05-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Dunno... It's a lottery for sure. A near zero chance still means there is a chance but then again a lottery has a chance. I did get a 9 so that changed my thoughts a little...

jaywalker
05-10-2012, 12:30 AM
It could be something like (it could, might etc, I'm not saying it is):

((10/number of documents)-1)*10

Obviously this will not work with 0 documents, as you can't devide with 0. Again just an example of how you can make the % drop as you obtain more documents or the like. If I was better at construction formulas I would have given a better example.

That would give:

Documents in posession

Chance to get document
IF you have a successfull
opening
90,0%
40,0%
23,3%
15,0%
10,0%
6,7%
4,3%
2,5%
1,1%
0,0%

luckyer
05-10-2012, 03:15 AM
Maybe this is the reason ..the FUNZIO didn't show we what chance to got 10Th gem..
Because they want every player spend more and more money to open the damn boxes!
This tricks will useless after several times ...when players find what are the FUNZIO do !
Less and less player will spend money...
At last...most players leave this game...
But is the FUNZIO care about it?

It could be something like (it could, might etc, I'm not saying it is):

((10/number of documents)-1)*10

Obviously this will not work with 0 documents, as you can't devide with 0. Again just an example of how you can make the % drop as you obtain more documents or the like. If I was better at construction formulas I would have given a better example.

That would give:

Documents in posession

Chance to get document
IF you have a successfull
opening
90,0%
40,0%
23,3%
15,0%
10,0%
6,7%
4,3%
2,5%
1,1%
0,0%

jmeijer
05-10-2012, 06:25 AM
I find your formula interesting, but I think it's more like this, based on my own experience with events:

Doc. in possession - Chance/doc w/successful opening
0 --------------------- 95%
1 --------------------- 90%
2 --------------------- 80%
3 --------------------- 70%
4 --------------------- 50%
5 --------------------- 35%
6 --------------------- 20%
7 --------------------- 15%
8 --------------------- 5%
9 --------------------- 3%

Not based on a specific formula.

jaywalker
05-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Maybe this is the reason ..the FUNZIO didn't show we what chance to got 10Th gem..
Because they want every player spend more and more money to open the damn boxes!
This tricks will useless after several times ...when players find what are the FUNZIO do !
Less and less player will spend money...
At last...most players leave this game...
But is the FUNZIO care about it?

Many people will spend gold to get these items, because of the huge advantage it gives.

Nightclub
Normal Price
Minigun price

Level 1
$40 000 000
$40 000 000

Level 2
$66 800 000
$46 760 000

Level 3
$111 556 000
$78 089 200

Just look at this example...

rareay84
05-10-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm having a blast with my shiny gold money buster. It rocks that I can get something so cool through a lot of sweat and a lot of luck without spending gold (except for when I accidentally double-tapped and reset a timer that only had 2 minutes left on it). Having it, makes all the other failed events a lot more bearable.

DenZ1
05-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Funzio won't disclose the percentage because I think that figure can be adjusted for each event. Conspiracy theorists will say if a threshold of net income from these events is not reached Funzio may lower the chance to potentially increase gold usage.

I think thats not the case and success is purely by chance based on a predetermined tiered percentage figure or formula.

Maybe those that claim to have achieved end event items without using gold may be bending the truth just to make them look heroic or just to stand out. Maybe some use Tapjoy gold and don't make it count as real gold.

This was the most difficult event for me to date with many attempts with unopened briefcases. I seem to be lucky when I did open them that a higher perceived percentage were docs.

It's no t just CAN.. I'm pretty sure it IS.

Max Power
05-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Many people will spend gold to get these items, because of the huge advantage it gives.

Nightclub
Normal Price
Minigun price

Level 1
$40 000 000
$40 000 000

Level 2
$66 800 000
$46 760 000

Level 3
$111 556 000
$78 089 200

Just look at this example...

This is all based on the premise that end game cash is worth anything.

It's not.

flop
05-10-2012, 12:54 PM
I use to some what disagree with you statements abou ingame cash but... The more income im making the more im starting to agree. What they need is a fighter jet of guns armor and melee.

i need muney
05-11-2012, 03:31 AM
For overview on chances, check this post
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?27431-Brief-case-event.-Log-your-progress-rant-and-whine-here!&p=202514&viewfull=1#post202514