PDA

View Full Version : Question about stalking a rivals hood...

Swearengen
05-09-2012, 08:29 PM
? for CC iPhone (IOS) users…

So lets say you decide to mercilessly attack some unfortunately soul for reason X (insert your reason here, like mouthing off like a punk or something). During your recon of their hood, you determine a pretty tight time range for their best paying building, so now all you need to is still and wait to strike…

I assume you have to continually leave their hood and come back for their buildings payoff status to “refresh” or will the building payment status update on the screen sort like your own hood (ie. When the time is right, the payoff symbols appear)?

Dipstik
05-09-2012, 08:30 PM
You won't see the change until you come back.

CounterSniper
05-09-2012, 08:33 PM
? for CC iPhone (IOS) users…

So lets say you decide to mercilessly attack some unfortunately soul for reason X (insert your reason here, like mouthing off like a punk or something). During your recon of their hood, you determine a pretty tight time range for their best paying building, so now all you need to is still and wait to strike…

I assume you have to continually leave their hood and come back for their buildings payoff status to “refresh” or will the building payment status update on the screen sort like your own hood (ie. When the time is right, the payoff symbols appear)?

Right, you have to come back for it to update and become robbable.

"Player cash" on the other hand does not need refresh.. I have been attacking a guy for TL before and he had no cash in hand but after the first couple attacks i started to get cash and it kept going up which told me he was collecting his buildings or procuring from someone else while i was attacking him. It was very fun for me.

iteachem
05-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Also if you hit a big building consider hitting the player right after. I hit a hood today with a nc level 2...I checked player first and no money but decided to hit him right after the two wins on the nc. He collected while right after I hit the nc and when I attacked him I got 3x 30k before he banked..

Steve0
05-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Awesome, yeah I havent been that luckey.

MaDrAvEr
05-09-2012, 08:39 PM

Attacks on the other other hand do not need refresh.. I have been attacking a guy for TL before and he had no cash in hand but after the first couple attacks i started to get cash and it kept going up which told me he was collecting his buildings while i was attacking him. It was very fun for me. love it when this happens 

CounterSniper
05-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Also if you hit a big building consider hitting the player right after. I hit a hood today with a nc level 2...I checked player first and no money but decided to hit him right after the two wins on the nc. He collected while right after I hit the nc and when I attacked him I got 3x 30k before he banked..

If i'm robbing a hood and suddenly more than one says unable to rob that tells me they just collected while i was in their hood and i immediately attack them. This has been rewarding as well. You can actually end up with more cash using less stamina than if you had continued going from building to building.

Another smile maker. :cool:

dudeman
05-09-2012, 09:17 PM

Attacks on the other other hand do not need refresh.. I have been attacking a guy for TL before and he had no cash in hand but after the first couple attacks i started to get cash and it kept going up which told me he was collecting his buildings while i was attacking him. It was very fun for me.

These are two different situations. If you beat up a rival or visit a hood where the rival is already too beat up, you will still have to leave and come back to refresh the player's beat up status, same as for a building's robbery status.

What a rival is doing happens in real time though. It doesn't matter if you attack a rival in their hood or blindly from your own or someone else's hood, cash on hand is cash on hand, even if only for a second.

CounterSniper
05-09-2012, 09:34 PM
These are two different situations. If you beat up a rival or visit a hood where the rival is already too beat up, you will still have to leave and come back to refresh the player's beat up status, same as for a building's robbery status.

What a rival is doing happens in real time though. It doesn't matter if you attack a rival in their hood or blindly from your own or someone else's hood, cash on hand is cash on hand, even if only for a second.

I was only referring to cash on hand. I wasnt trying to indicate the players "beat up status" would refresh while in the hood since i was talking about attacking a player which you cant do if they are already "beat up".

I also dont think anyone thought I was talking about that but thanks for clarifying just the same. Just in case. :cool:

dudeman
05-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I was only referring to cash on hand. I wasnt trying to indicate the players "beat up status" would refresh while in the hood since i was talking about attacking a player which you cant do if they are already "beat up".

I also dont think anyone thought I was talking about that but thanks for clarifying just the same. Just in case. :cool:

Well in that case I probably just misunderstood what you meant by "Attacks on the other hand do not need refresh.." It wouldn't matter if the cash on hand came from their own buildings or not, and sometimes when you try to rob and find that you can't it's because someone else beat you to it. The need to refresh a hood and a rival's cash on hand are different issues...

I mean, just saying, you know? That's all :p:cool:

CounterSniper
05-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Well in that case I probably just misunderstood what you meant by "Attacks on the other hand do not need refresh.." It wouldn't matter if the cash on hand came from their own buildings or not, and sometimes when you try to rob and find that you can't it's because someone else beat you to it. The need to refresh a hood and a rival's cash on hand are different issues...

I mean, just saying, you know? That's all :p:cool:

Right, Thats why i said thanks for clarifying. You got it? :cool:

I mean, just saying, you know? That's all

Edit - I edited my post (#3) for clarity so you can now go pick some other nit.

RangMedia
05-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Actress Wallpapers Galleries

Swearengen
05-10-2012, 05:34 AM
If i'm robbing a hood and suddenly more than one says unable to rob that tells me they just collected while i was in their hood and i immediately attack them. This has been rewarding as well. You can actually end up with more cash using less stamina than if you had continued going from building to building.

Another smile maker. :cool:

Good advice, i'll have to try that one :)

CounterSniper
05-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Good advice, i'll have to try that one :)

Sure thing, you gotta be fast though, some people dont fiddle around and they bank fast. In some of the big hoods it can take time to locate them. It is fun though.