PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Events

Sugarymama
05-09-2012, 04:09 PM
I know that everyone has their own ideas about what would make a "perfect" event, so I thought I would throw mine in the ring too. I felt compelled to do this after having such great luck on the last event. However, I totally understood everyone's feelings who didn't do so well. I didn't win the Response Unit Event, so I could relate.

Idea #1 -Increase Your Vault Event!

The winning prize in this event would be a $20MM vault, however, the other levels (3, 5, 7, 9) would have vault increases as well. The "boxes" would be mini vaults, and the prize increments would be as follows:

3 padlocks - vault increase to $11M
5 padlocks - vault increase to $13M
7 padlocks - vault increase to $15M
9 padlocks - vault increase to $17M
10 padlocks - $20MM vault

This way, everyone who participates will have an opportunity to increase his/her vault. Even an increase to $11M is better than the current $10M max, and there are no A/D stats being affected in this event. So the gold players don't necessarily get stronger after winning (if they do). Free players have the same chances.

The other prizes in the mini vaults could be units and cash only (to add to your growing vault). Perhaps valor as well, but NO ALLIES.

Idea #2 - Soldier's Choice Event!

This event would run similar to past events, but instead of getting "X" unit after successfully opening boxes (same increments - 3, 5, 7, 9), there should be a choice of a unit when you open the box. The more boxes you are able to open, the higher A/D stat of each choice. This way, you can choose units that benefit you most, like Air units for Russian soldiers. For example:

3 boxes (a screen opens that let's you chose one unit between infantry, ground, air, and sea)
5 boxes (same as above, but the units have higher A/D stats)
And so on, until you reach 10 boxes, which will have the highest stat units

The other prizes should be various valor amounts, so you can build those up to purchase whatever unit you decide after (or during) the event.

Thoughts?

EnjoyLife
05-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I like #2, but am definitely not in favor of increasing vault sizes.

Sugarymama
05-09-2012, 04:14 PM
I like #2, but am definitely not in favor of increasing vault sizes.

Really? Is that because you like to be able to attack/raid?

EnjoyLife
05-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Really? Is that because you like to be able to attack/raid?

Isn't that what this game is about? If there is no money, then there isn't much of a reason to attack.

War Priest
05-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Agreed with EnjoyLife. Don't need it any higher. It is already to high.

Sugarymama
05-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Isn't that what this game is about? If there is no money, then there isn't much of a reason to attack.

I agree wholeheartedly, but there will still be plenty of people who won't benefit from events. Plus, you can still win $ if you attack. Raids may be more challenging though.

EnjoyLife
05-09-2012, 04:34 PM
I agree wholeheartedly, but there will still be plenty of people who won't benefit from events. Plus, you can still win $ if you attack. Raids may be more challenging though.

How would a higher vault make it harder for raids? It makes it harder to make $ in attacks because more money will be vaulted.

Cocktail
05-09-2012, 04:36 PM
If it's an event to increase vault size, I won't bother. Idea number 2 is better, but I like events the way they are... Some kinda prize worth working (spending) extra hard for. The only thing at issue is the reward rates, which are random.

War Priest
05-09-2012, 04:42 PM
If it's an event to increase vault size, I won't bother. Idea number 2 is better, but I like events the way they are... Some kinda prize worth working (spending) extra hard for. The only thing at issue is the reward rates, which are random.

Yep. I wish they were a set drop so it would be fair.

Sugarymama
05-09-2012, 04:49 PM
How would a higher vault make it harder for raids? It makes it harder to make $ in attacks because more money will be vaulted.

Understood, but I still win $ when people attack me and lose, not raid me. If you attack someone who has better stats than you, you risk losing the battle, as well as $. You don't only lose $ from the building raids..

JohnnyR
05-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I like the vault idea as long as there are more money buildings above vault limit. We need to have one that is a little too high to attain so theres money sloshing around in PVP. Make the vault go up to 15 mil and add a couple high dollar buildings, one below nano, one above in tems of cost. Best of both worlds.

Cocktail
05-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Would be good to know how events are fixed, or at least have an idea. I dropped 6g+ gold getting the 10th in the last event.... And i had 9 after the first day. A tough event, no more gold here on out... And especially not for an increase in vault size. Some kind of boost effect to boost buildings, or even more valor, or just the most awesome indestructible unit ever might warrant participation. You can name it wp, as long as I get one.

Sugarymama
05-09-2012, 05:08 PM
I like the vault idea as long as there are more money buildings above vault limit. We need to have one that is a little too high to attain so theres money sloshing around in PVP. Make the vault go up to 15 mil and add a couple high dollar buildings, one below nano, one above in tems of cost. Best of both worlds.

That's how I'm thinking. I have a feeling new buildings are going to be added at some point. And we should have the option to protect our winnings to be able to purchase them..

Warfiend
05-09-2012, 06:59 PM
#2 would motivate me to participate. #1 would not motivate me personally, but probably a lot of people who would like it more than #2.

Sugarymama
05-09-2012, 07:08 PM
#2 would motivate me to participate. #1 would not motivate me personally, but probably a lot of people who would like it more than #2.

Thanks Warfiend. I think #2 would be pretty cool..