PDA

View Full Version : Why does this game take up so much space on my phone??

JaceD
05-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Hey all, couldn't find a thread on this. Apologies if anyone else has posted about this.

So I looked at the storage part of my phone, which lists how much space each app takes up, and was surprised to see that Crime City is taking up 1.6 GB. When I press it, it says the actual app size is 29 MB. Is the rest of the storage just my game data? And will the space it takes continue going up as I play more and more? Because our game starts from the same point if we were to delete and re-install the app, I was under the impression that the data was stored on a server somewhere rather than on our phones. But I know little about how this stuff works. Anyone else notice this/know why it's like this? Luckily I still have over 3 GB available so it's not a huge concern, but seems weird to me.

jaywalker
05-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Not sure what all of the space is, but it stores images (canvas?) for all the buildings (all buildings x 4 sides, all decor etc), weapons, avatars etc so that you don't have to download all that info every time you visit a hood.

JaceD
05-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Ah ok, thanks jaywalker. Still seems like a lot of stuff to store for one app. But as long as it's not going up, that's good. I'll check it out in a month or so.

Cheers

nopenopenope
05-09-2012, 02:34 PM
All of the maps are also stored client-side. They load very quickly if you've ever noticed.

Bala82
05-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Well that odd on my phone it's only 2MB app

Quirt
05-10-2012, 01:37 AM
The real question is --- "Why does it take up so much space in my life"? LOL :D

one man gang
05-10-2012, 01:50 AM

Wheres the picture in ur avatar from? looks like some type of good game

CounterSniper
05-10-2012, 02:14 AM

It looks like a desktop wallpaper i had once.

i need muney
05-10-2012, 11:40 AM
True story, bro.

Quirt
05-16-2012, 01:40 AM

Sorry went dark for a few days --- long story -- anyway if you're fast you can still see said pic here (http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/) on the main page.
Maybe I'll grow an active brainstem and get a better sized avatar :P
Cheers

Cartoondude135
07-24-2013, 11:45 PM
Yea, the crime city app in my iphone is eating away all my storage by the minute! Sum1 better contact GREE about this situation, bcuz its especially annoying 4 jailbroken idevices as jailbreaks take up even more space!. Will deleting the crime city or modern war app cause them 2 lose all their data (e.g buildings, decorations etc)? Cuz I hav 3 LE buildings that im unable 2 get back wen the data is lost. I even attempt 2 backup and restore my iphone, and it only worked temporarily then it started to build up again.

MrSpidey
07-25-2013, 12:17 AM
*On Android*
Curiously I checked the space it takes with me. Crime City app=44.91MB. On SD-Card=0.91GB.
Trying to find the data, I see in the folder Android a total of 65MB for Crime City on my phone storage.
But I can't find anything on my SD-Card. So, where are those 0.91GB stored?

OttomanEmpire
07-25-2013, 01:09 AM
I have the same problem on my iphone 4S, I deleted CC and reinstalled and it was back to normal 30-40 mb but it's always growing up. I need to delete and reinstall again in the future. You don't lose anything when you delete and reinstall CC.

AppleMacGuy
07-25-2013, 03:58 AM
CC and all the other games will download & cache images etc that are required by the apps. This includes stuff that becomes obsolete like event splash screens.

The best solution is to periodically delete the apps and re-install. As the vache is now emtpy only currently needed images etc will be downloaded and re-cached.

vips
07-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Every game require specific space to store in mobile. They need to store images, sounds, graphics, etc.

Hey all, couldn't find a thread on this. Apologies if anyone else has posted about this.

So I looked at the storage part of my phone, which lists how much space each app takes up, and was surprised to see that Crime City is taking up 1.6 GB. When I press it, it says the actual app size is 29 MB. Is the rest of the storage just my game data? And will the space it takes continue going up as I play more and more? Because our game starts from the same point if we were to delete and re-install the app, I was under the impression that the data was stored on a server somewhere rather than on our phones. But I know little about how this stuff works. Anyone else notice this/know why it's like this? Luckily I still have over 3 GB available so it's not a huge concern, but seems weird to me.

N41LZ
07-25-2013, 05:43 AM
Is there a risk the game won't sync correctly back to server once u reinstall?
have heard it happen to a few ppl, the game couldn't find the old account
i suggest screenshotting your profile before uninstalling

AppleMacGuy
07-25-2013, 06:25 AM
Is there a risk the game won't sync correctly back to server once u reinstall?
have heard it happen to a few ppl, the game couldn't find the old account
i suggest screenshotting your profile before uninstalling

Can't speak for CC, but due to bugs in KA I have to re-install at least 2 or 3 times a week. Last week on holiday it was really bad during an LTQ and I re-installed 20 times or more a day without any problems.

(CCK) Cam
07-25-2013, 11:16 AM

So I looked at the storage part of my phone, which lists how much space each app takes up, and was surprised to see that Crime City is taking up 1.6 GB. When I press it, it says the actual app size is 29 MB. Is the rest of the storage just my game data? And will the space it takes continue going up as I play more and more? Because our game starts from the same point if we were to delete and re-install the app, I was under the impression that the data was stored on a server somewhere rather than on our phones. But I know little about how this stuff works. Anyone else notice this/know why it's like this? Luckily I still have over 3 GB available so it's not a huge concern, but seems weird to me.HD or not HD

JaceD
07-25-2013, 02:53 PM
I was a bit surprised to see my name on the first page today...

Check the date ya'll, this thread is over a year old. I no longer play CC and so it takes up zero space on my phone.

As to why I'm still lurking around on here, I am waiting to see the day that Dipstik becomes Crime City's strongest player.