PDA

View Full Version : The end of Game Balance

BeniBugatti
05-09-2012, 10:17 AM
I have a genuine concern that CC has lost balance. If you are like me and play the game along with real world friends and family you may also have arrived at the same point I'm at now.

I can no longer compete on a fair and square playing field with those of my friends that have received certain event prizes. These event prizes are too powerful to be offered for a limited time whilst maintaining balance. Anyone that has had the fortune to receive both the upgrade time reduction and now the upgrade cost reducer is playing a different game than those that did not.

If you enjoy competing with friends and family and this imbalance has struck you than you are done, game over so to speak. It is now realistically impossible to maintain pace with them in this game.

Max Power
05-09-2012, 10:25 AM
I have those event prizes and I wouldn't say I am exactly lapping the field.

IMO, the huge game imbalance is when the bottom level gold item is worth more than even the top cash item available for purchase. 84 million for the cash item with stats that would be a 45 gold item. The difference between gold spenders and non-spenders is comically bad.

Funzio doesn't seem to understand that if the only people that can come close to competing at higher levels don't have much competition, even the gold spenders will get bored. There is a reason level 200 people get to attack level 142 people. That's how far down they have to go to find cash people who haven't given up already.

I don't think Funzio has a clue about game balance and the game suffers for it.

sez
05-09-2012, 10:27 AM
I agree Max, I use to never have any stamina, now it seems its almost always full. It's all kinda lost its luster.

BeniBugatti
05-09-2012, 10:38 AM
I think you guys are missing my point. Gold items may be purchased by all, luck cannot be purchased.

The revenue model of games like this has always been to sell the best stuff for cash, of course that creates an imbalance between players with real money to spend and those that are basically playing for free. How is Funzio going to pay for servers and employees without selling the premium content.

sez
05-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Whats luck? that some can get the end weapon only using 500 gold while others have to use 3000 gold? I only have 2 of the end items btw, just so you dont think I am defending anything.

BeniBugatti
05-09-2012, 10:47 AM
My main concern is that once you have missed an event prize whether that was because your wallet was empty, comcast failed, your alarm clock failed, you had a family emergency or any other reason then you are now unrecoverably crippled as a player.

G Wiz
05-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Well like Mark said at an earlier date, this is not a boxed game. This type of event obviously works to get people to level up faster and closes the gaps so that each dynamic problem can be isolated. The prizes are incentives.

Secondly, there has to be another form of balance that comes in the near future to counteract the current one being created...it's just how the game works.

We play as the game is being created, it's not like a mario game that already has everything set and lined up as people progress.

Remember that the original storyline has been proven ineffective to survival here, so Funzio has had to repair and alter quite a bit of things to keep us happy and that will never be a complete job.

See my angle?

BeniBugatti
05-09-2012, 10:53 AM
None of this addresses my original concern that my real world friends and I are now drifting apart as players in this game. This cannot be a good long term business model for a social game maker.

Dorian Gray
05-09-2012, 10:55 AM
I couldn't agree more Beni. Everyone is playing the game by a different set of rules now based on what event end items they have.

BeniBugatti
05-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Couple solutions:

1. Offer the end prizes for sale as Gold purchasable items.
2. Future event end prizes could work more like crates, where the last prize would be a random end prize.

G Wiz
05-09-2012, 10:59 AM
While these items are available to everyone, you are right about this dorian.

But how much people would need to have these things before it truly becomes imbalanced? Surely the guy that can purchase a NC for less and have it take less time to build will have more people trying to rob him. Seems like a community benefit to me...

Dorian Gray
05-09-2012, 11:03 AM
While these items are available to everyone, you are right about this dorian.

But how much people would need to have these things before it truly becomes imbalanced? Surely the guy that can purchase a NC for less and have it take less time to build will have more people trying to rob him. Seems like a community benefit to me...

lol I guess it's a good thing you always try to see the positive. :)

G Wiz
05-09-2012, 11:04 AM
lol I guess it's a good thing you always try to see the positive. :)Sometimes lol...Though I can't deny the solid truth behind you guys thoughts.

tempt
05-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Another angle is that not everyone will participate/win every event. So eventually, you and your friends may have different set of end-event items that counters each other.

This, of course, means that we should expect events as "normal activities"....translating to weekly/daily occurrence ;)

Sasha54
05-09-2012, 11:12 AM
None of this addresses my original concern that my real world friends and I are now drifting apart as players in this game. This cannot be a good long term business model for a social game maker.

I never considered that as being important in an online game's success. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the majority of people play against or with their RL friends.

Nicholost
05-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the majority of people play against or with their RL friends.

Because the majority of us don't have any. :p

I can't say it better than G Wiz is, so I'm just going to say I agree with the stuff he's laying down.

Ramshutu
05-09-2012, 11:32 AM
There isn't a big issue with 'balance', but I agree in principle with the o/p.

I have made two potential suggestions that may resolve the primary issues mentioned here:

An indefinite, rolling event:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?27514-So-instead-of-moaning....&highlight=Ramshutu

Epic mega goals that yield high level items, such as the sig, etc:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?26330-quot-Epic-quot-Goals&highlight=Ramshutu

G Wiz
05-09-2012, 11:41 AM
There isn't a big issue with 'balance', but I agree in principle with the o/p.

I have made two potential suggestions that may resolve the primary issues mentioned here:

An indefinite, rolling event:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?27514-So-instead-of-moaning....&highlight=Ramshutu

Epic mega goals that yield high level items, such as the sig, etc:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?26330-quot-Epic-quot-Goals&highlight=RamshutuWell you definately got Mark to look at it...you probably got something going there bud!

Dorian Gray
05-09-2012, 11:50 AM
There isn't a big issue with 'balance'

I tend to disagree

Before: everyone got the same amount of respect from fights

After: different rules for different people

Before: Everyone had to consider the 10% cost of banking

Before: Everyone made the same amount of money from jobs

Before: Upgrade times the same for everyone

Before: Everyone could earn the same amount of skill points

Before: Energy relenishing the same rate for everyone

Before: Upgrades the same price for everyone

Yeah, no balance issues here.

JaceD
05-09-2012, 11:53 AM
I dunno, I don't have any of the end event items and doesn't really bother me. It would have been cool to get them, but since I didn't, it's just like nothing has changed so it doesn't make a difference, you know? The game is unbalanced in the sense that the people with the items have an advantage, but not in the sense that the people without them are at a disadvantage, since most don't have the items.

Although maybe my opinion is different as I've only got one friend into the game and he never really got into it like I did, got up to level 30 or so, and just wonders why I've continued playing all these months lol.

Max Power
05-09-2012, 11:55 AM
I think you guys are missing my point. Gold items may be purchased by all, luck cannot be purchased.

The revenue model of games like this has always been to sell the best stuff for cash, of course that creates an imbalance between players with real money to spend and those that are basically playing for free. How is Funzio going to pay for servers and employees without selling the premium content.

Nobody missed your point. My counter-point was that these event prizes are a drop in the bucket compared to the imbalance between gold and non-gold spenders. I think we all know how Funzio pays their bills, thanks. I will be more explicit next time.

Really? Wow.

Couple solutions:

1. Offer the end prizes for sale as Gold purchasable items.
2. Future event end prizes could work more like crates, where the last prize would be a random end prize.

OK....

1. Since it pretty much takes gold to win these things anyway, how is just offering it up for sale any different? Why would anybody even bother with the event, and how exactly does that cure the imbalance? There is still a separation between gold spenders and non, offering it up for sale kills the events only to address a miniscule luck factor.

2. How does a random prize eliminate the same luck factor that creates this imbalance that you have an issue with? These suggestions don't make any sense.

Ramshutu
05-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I tend to disagree

Before: everyone got the same amount of respect from fights

Before: Everyone had to consider the 10% cost of banking

Different rules? Yes. In terms of balance, this isn't much bigger than the bonus obtained from goodfella.

Before: Everyone made the same amount of money from jobs

Different rules, yes. In terms of balance, cash generated by jobs is dwarfed by the cash generated by economy and robbing.

Before: Upgrade times the same for everyone

Diffrent rules, yes. Balance, it just means the economy can be built 10% faster. Again, of only marginally more consequence than goodfella.

Before: Everyone could earn the same amount of skill points

Different rules, yes. In terms of balance, this is no more significant than spending a few $s on weapons.

Before: Energy relenishing the same rate for everyone

Different rules, yes. In terms of balance, this is a bit more significant than goodfella upgrade, but only has a marginal impact on stats and money as the income and items from using energy is marginalised by RP weapons and economy.

Before: Upgrades the same price for everyone

This one is 'potentially' the biggest one. It will definitely have an impact, but in terms of balance it is of use, but not a game changer. Even the sig (which you haven't mentioned) is of assistance, but not a game changer as it represents only a small RP increase over normal.

Yeah, no balance issues here.

Correct.

The only people with all of the above items, with the exception of only a few people, are gold spenders. Most likely those who have spent a lot of gold.

If you are not a gold spender, you will have a couple (or potentially none) of the above items (although I have none). And this will balance out over a number of events. This means that the overall stats 'balance' over time for free players.

Now, as for gold players, the game is already horribly unbalanced and it has to be. Gold must offer real and tangible benefit over not spending gold. If a player has all the above items, they have probably spent a lot. itis ridiculous to suggest the players who pumps $1000s into the game should be treated the same as those who spend none.

G Wiz
05-09-2012, 12:25 PM
^ Agreed.

All of the above can be solved with gold, which brings up Max's point that the gap between gold and non gold users is where the real imbalance lies.

BeniBugatti
05-09-2012, 12:40 PM
1. Since it pretty much takes gold to win these things anyway, how is just offering it up for sale any different? Why would anybody even bother with the event, and how exactly does that cure the imbalance? There is still a separation between gold spenders and non, offering it up for sale kills the events only to address a miniscule luck factor.
For the most part I agree with your reasoning here and never really felt that this was a good solution.

2. How does a random prize eliminate the same luck factor that creates this imbalance that you have an issue with? These suggestions don't make any sense.
I thought this would be obviously. It addresses the permanent nature of the single event bad luck, because it allows everyone to continue playing new events under the hope that they will eventually get the item that they most prize. At the same time, it in no way reduces the advantage that spending gold on events provides.

mnju_03
05-09-2012, 12:43 PM
^ Agreed.

All of the above can be solved with gold, which brings up Max's point that the gap between gold and non gold users is where the real imbalance lies.

Thank god iTunes accepts my EBT cards.

BeniBugatti
05-09-2012, 12:45 PM
^ Agreed.

I firmly disagree, and here is why.

Lets say that Bill Gates decides to start the game tomorrow. No matter how much gold he puts into the game he will never be able to obtain those past event prizes.

G Wiz
05-09-2012, 12:52 PM

Lets say that Bill Gates decides to start the game tomorrow. No matter how much gold he puts into the game he will never be able to obtain those past event prizes.True no doubt, but does he need to have those event items to be able to compete? Not entirely so.

When he can spend gold to upgrade instantly, buy more powerful weapons, buy in game cash to do many things, I just don't see the comparison.

Sure he won't be able to get +1 rp per fight without the sig, but does he need it when he can buy 300 tech gatling guns or tonfas?

dudeman
05-09-2012, 12:52 PM

Lets say that Bill Gates decides to start the game tomorrow. No matter how much gold he puts into the game he will never be able to obtain those past event prizes.

But if he puts in enough gold he won't need those past event prizes.

I agree, there should be a way to go back and get items you missed. That doesn't mean it should be free, but without a chance at obtaining missed event items the only way to compensate is to spend more gold.

So the balance is still between gold vs. no-gold.

Babytway
05-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Wow how did i know a thread like would be coming right after the event. GET gold or get over it, i myself have gotten over it. im waiting for tomorrow when the next event starts and trying again, unbalanced or not unbalanced there are still suckers out there to rob and beat on the rivals list, GET with it or GET gone

Plux
05-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Funzio - Sell the Event Prizes for 5000g each!

Max Power
05-09-2012, 01:43 PM

I get my ass beat daily by big gold spenders. I check their inventory and guess what? No event prizes, and no farmed items.

That's just the way they designed the game.

My energy replenishes faster, but it will take me weeks at the Octagon before I will earn enough to make up for one rare crate item. One.

I get reduced upgrade time and reduced upgrade costs. What does that mean? It only takes me 3 weeks to save up for an airplane instead of two, the very plane that has the same value as one common crate item. Same with no bank fees. In game cash is only worth building more economy later in the game. It cant buy you good weapons, it can't win your battles. All it can do is buy explosives, that's it. Otherwise its a Sims exercise.

I get one more respect item per fight. Respect items are mid-tier items at best end game.

You are placing far too high a value on these event items. We have told you this about 5 different ways.

At this point, all I can say is trust me on this one. I am in the shark pool and these event prizes have not changed my game at all.

DLSmooth
05-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Well at least all non-Android users can participate in the events. There is no balance there either. Gold vs. non-Gold is the biggest discrepancy as far as balance goes but this non-Gold, Android user here will keep on trucking.....

Luciferianism
05-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Wow how did i know a thread like would be coming right after the event. GET gold or get over it, i myself have gotten over it. im waiting for tomorrow when the next event starts and trying again, unbalanced or not unbalanced there are still suckers out there to rob and beat on the rivals list, GET with it or GET gone

Woah, woah, wait. Just hold on one minute. I call hypocrite.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?28403-Request-Event-extension

You wanted an event extension, don't tell other people to get over it.

Dorian Gray
05-09-2012, 02:17 PM
I get my ass beat daily by big gold spenders. I check their inventory and guess what? No event prizes, and no farmed items.

That's just the way they designed the game.

My energy replenishes faster, but it will take me weeks at the Octagon before I will earn enough to make up for one rare crate item. One.

I get reduced upgrade time and reduced upgrade costs. What does that mean? It only takes me 3 weeks to save up for an airplane instead of two, the very plane that has the same value as one common crate item. Same with no bank fees. In game cash is only worth building more economy later in the game. It cant buy you good weapons, it can't win your battles. All it can do is buy explosives, that's it. Otherwise its a Sims exercise.

I get one more respect item per fight. Respect items are mid-tier items at best end game.

You are placing far too high a value on these event items. We have told you this about 5 different ways.

At this point, all I can say is trust me on this one. I am in the shark pool and these event prizes have not changed my game at all.

But Max, you're looking at pvp as the only way to compete in this game which is great if that's how you want to look at it. But some people like me look at economic growth as another area of competition. Factoring in the few good gold buildings was one thing. But now if someone has the 25% faster upgrade and the 30% upgrade discount bonuses that is going to completely throw off the balance of that friendly competition.

I think this is where some people may be butting heads on this issue when they talk about game balance.

Dravak
05-09-2012, 02:26 PM
The question is does it affect your gameplay ?
Knowing somebody got something you , for now can't get !
Plux is right the items probaly going for 5000 gold , since people sometimes spent more then 3000 gold and still get nothing .

Look the whole topic started at M4A1 , new people cannot get them , people after the SIG cannot get them .
Does it puts you at a disadvangetage as none gold player ? answer is NO
Does it puts you at a disadvangetage as. gold player , maybe !
Cause you probaly have to spend more gold to equel the speed of those items .

procsyzarc
05-09-2012, 02:32 PM
In crime city it makes no diffrence as already said the only thing that comes into the equation as to weather you win or loose in how much you have spent on gold.

I think KA and MW are much better games because both have very good end game items purchased with in game money (better than the best valour items and many gold items) trouble is economy wise they seem incomplete ie modern war the highest money building is L60 and even though money is meant to be 10X inflated a good economy is 300k (equvalant to 30k in crime city). Where as Crime city has a very good economy which seems complete but their are no end game items to use it on.

I have said since day one crime city would improve if they added more gold money buildings (to keep their income) and added a lot more powerful end game items brought with in game money, but they seem determined to only add new gold items which make for a very boaring game since where is the fun where winning takes no skill or planning and is just who spent more.

Luciferianism
05-09-2012, 02:33 PM
This is nothing compared to M4A1s, they have something like 20/22 for stats and I come up against people with 250 of them, I have zero.

Babytway
05-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Woah, woah, wait. Just hold on one minute. I call hypocrite.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?28403-Request-Event-extension

You wanted an event extension, don't tell other people to get over it.

No hypocrite here. i was saying i wanted an extension to get the item. no where anywhere on this forum do you see me sayin the event items are unbalanced, unfair, a scam or moaning and whining other people got them and i didnt

Dravak
05-09-2012, 02:36 PM
LOL MW and KA sorry procsyrac , when you mention those , then you still haven't understand those 2 games .
While yes top end items can be bought with cash , they also die out real fast .....
So if people complain about explosives ... hahaha all those cash units are explosives .

vitus79
05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
In crime city it makes no diffrence as already said the only thing that comes into the equation as to weather you win or loose in how much you have spent on gold.

I think KA and MW are much better games because both have very good end game items purchased with in game money (better than the best valour items and many gold items) trouble is economy wise they seem incomplete ie modern war the highest money building is L60 and even though money is meant to be 10X inflated a good economy is 300k (equvalant to 30k in crime city). Where as Crime city has a very good economy which seems complete but their are no end game items to use it on.

I have said since day one crime city would improve if they added more gold money buildings (to keep their income) and added a lot more powerful end game items brought with in game money, but they seem determined to only add new gold items which make for a very boaring game since where is the fun where winning takes no skill or planning and is just who spent more.

yes +1 on that, money is pretty useless. all you can do at lvl 200 is add thousands of explosives and thats it, well 500 jets at 84m a pop could be one last challenge

procsyzarc
05-09-2012, 02:44 PM
LOL MW and KA sorry procsyrac , when you mention those , then you still haven't understand those 2 games .
While yes top end items can be bought with cash , they also die out real fast .....
So if people complain about explosives ... hahaha all those cash units are explosives .

Actually I do understand them very well aparently you don't if you are losing a lot of units in the last 15k fights in modern war I have lost 4 units and only one of them was a stealth bomber the other 3 were worthless super hornets. In KA I am yet to lose a single unit.

This diffrence is these games take skill and planning to play well if you don't know what you are doing your units will get destroyed and you stats plumet and then it spirals from there. Crime city takes no skill, no planning just spend more on gold if you want to win. I have probably the best no gold attack in the game 60k and don't even come close to 30% of the rivals list

Dravak
05-09-2012, 02:46 PM
And what happens if a gold players pick on you ?
Sorry you never tought about that did you ?

So maybe you should think a bit futher ...

Dravak
05-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Here procsyrac , If i spent the money I spent on CC in MW , I would had made people quit !
Who I had 48 hours rivalry with , instead of becoming friends ... or they swallow there ego .
Sorry I like to push to the limits and I expect people to do the same to me .
Till one victor comes out , or the other person admit silent defeat by not attacking me back anymore .

LoL in MW i would have ravaged that person literary by sending him back 10-20k , replenish that :p

procsyzarc
05-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Here procsyrac , If i spent the money I spent on CC in MW , I would had made people quit !
Who I had 48 hours rivalry with , instead of becoming friends ... or they swallow there ego .
Sorry I like to push to the limits and I expect people to do the same to me .
Till one victor comes out , or the other person admit silent defeat by not attacking me back anymore .

LoL in MW i would have ravaged that person literary by sending him back 10-20k , replenish that :p

You are missing the point with proper planning and strategy gold players aren't an issue (obviously if you someone who has spent $10,000+ want to farm you, you will be screwed, but I have not come across one yet) My average unit strength is 55 attack 33 defence which is stronger than low end gold units so unless someone has a full gold army of units better than the 100gold units which will cost 200,000 gold then they still won't have stats higher than what a properly planed free player can achieve. In crime city even the cheapest gold unit has stats double to triple the best in game cash units (excluding jets since they are 84m and never seen a player that could afford them, plus you need L195)

Dravak
05-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Go take on war priest then , and see if he likes you talking big to him ...

Sorry man cause I like to play a game and support a game with RM , doesn't , mean am a selfishe SOB.
And cannot see the implications of things , here don't even need to spend 10k$ there 1000$ will do stream line to 250 gold units , and ram away .. loss or win , it going to cost a none gold player units ..

what tactic is that ? lol play more P2W before you understand the games .
No CC is fine cause , aside ego pain nobody really suffers ,

procsyzarc
05-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Go take on war priest then , and see if he likes you talking big to him ...

Sorry man cause I like to play a game and support a game with RM , doesn't , mean am a selfishe SOB.
And cannot see the implications of things , here don't even need to spend 10k$ there 1000$ will do stream line to 250 gold units , and ram away .. loss or win , it going to cost a none gold player units ..

what tactic is that ? lol play more P2W before you understand the games .
No CC is fine cause , aside ego pain nobody really suffers ,

What you are saying doesn't even make sense it has nothing to do with supporting a game or being selfish SOB (where did I say anything like that anyway?), I have spent about $1000.00 on the 3 games so would say that I’ve been pretty supportive myself considering they are only ipad apps.

The point was simple but you have taken it way off track. In MW and KA in game cash items have great stats and if used smartly can add huge stats to make even non gold players very competitive, In CC in game cash items are absolute garbage and the only thing that makes a player completive is by spending more on gold which is neither challenging or fun.

Dravak
05-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Like I said , and you don't get the point is that in CC , people like twinkie still excist .
While in MW they would QUIT !

Being attacked 48 hours by a goon squad , lowering your attack and defense to what.
Sorry here is the deal , all your tactic and planning is worthless in MW and KA when you run into a Payam .
Cause they will lower somebody A/D to a none economical sustainable level !

Even worst if that person invested RM , cause they are caught into either quit or overspent to save there investment.
You can crank up what 100 top end cash item a day ? cause those will be the casualty rate if a goon squad hits you.

Sorry I play a game for fun , and to make friends or arch enemies , Not to make people cry murder lmao .

BeniBugatti
05-09-2012, 03:35 PM
I'd like to see funzio find a win win solution to this issue. (Whether or not some players are willing to admit that it even is an issue).

My suggestion of randomizing the 10th item prizes for future events would easily resolve this without impacting funzio's gold take on running these events. I even speculate that they might have more player participation and more gold spending on events. This would happen since players would be continually gunning for the prize that they most desired.

All this would still be consistent with Funzio's Penny Arcade approach to these events.

617Pats
05-09-2012, 03:39 PM
I think that there could be implemented solutions to bring about more in game balance. I think Funzio should look into making it more fair for those disadvantaged. I am mostly referring to non-gold players

They should base the percentange of receiving an event item on your current inventory of event items. I think its kind of crazy how now I have reached 8 items twice and 9 items four times. I put a considerable amount of time into opening plenty boxes. Yet there is people who have won multiple event items. I am sure they worked just as hard opening boxes but it still seems unfair that luck is playing such a significant role.

Reduce their odds of winning an item and increase the odds for those with no event items and it will start balancing out. The people without an event item will finally win one and be happy.

BeniBugatti
05-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I think that there could be implemented solutions to bring about more in game balance. I think Funzio should look into making it more fair for those disadvantaged. I am mostly referring to non-gold players

They should base the percentange of receiving an event item on your current inventory of event items. I think its kind of crazy how now I have reached 8 items twice and 9 items four times. I put a considerable amount of time into opening plenty boxes. Yet there is people who have won multiple event items. I am sure they worked just as hard opening boxes but it still seems unfair that luck is playing such a significant role.

Reduce their odds of winning an item and increase the odds for those with no event items and it will start balancing out. The people without an event item will finally win one and be happy.

Not a bad idea, though I'd prefer Funzio to treat the phrase "better luck next time" as a statement of intention on their part.

Dravak
05-09-2012, 03:45 PM
People you do not understand , for there to be winners .
There has to be losers ....... yes that is a fact of life .

If everybody wins , there is no fun in that , online games tried that philosphy and it failed big time .
There has to be somebody gloating I got the 10th item !!
For others to realise how special it is , if somebody says I have the 10th item !
The rest replies who cares me too , there is no sense of victory .

Yes maybe they should introduce the big toggle / flag ... and have people who continue to win nothing a lucky break.
But sadly people can break the outcome themself , if they want to spent gold , and by spending gold .
MEANS HUGE AMOUNT OF GOLD...

Or maybe they are lucky and spend little , some players like I like muney , dudeman alice , they spent what .
20 hours a day atleast on opening , what is 20 hours a day in real life work currency ?
Sorry that is why I say after 48 hour enough fun , time to bring out the cash :p

vitus79
05-09-2012, 03:47 PM

all funzio wants is our money, so what about the gold player who spends 10000 bars so far on events and only made 2 out of 7 prizes. and on the other side those lucky cheapskates who dont spend a dime and have like 5 or 6 prizes? i think those events are good for all non gold players, they get free gold items and with a good portion of luck the award. nothing to complain at all. but if a goldfish opens far more boxes than u ever could with money option, even with 80% success rate, something has to be done. theres too much random luck involved after event item 7

BeniBugatti
05-09-2012, 03:54 PM

"Let them eat Cake" ????

Dravak
05-09-2012, 03:56 PM
They tried , sorry that is why freemium is so popular suddenly , cause only a few can eat cake .
Casual players or everybody has to be a winner , ruined it for themself .

Cause they didn't like the cake , cause everybody had the same cake ....

617Pats
05-09-2012, 04:02 PM

That is true. Its is also true that life is Unfair, in that some will be lucky and some will be not. You would like to think a game would be progressive enough to go outside the social norm and award work, effort, intellectualism, and skill.

Why is it someone opens 150 boxes and gets 8/10 fo an event, while someone else can open 75 and gets the event item with 10/10?

People can only use their intelligence so much to go ahead. Planning, building, a character and an economy requires so much more work then stupid luck. Yet people are heavily awarded for luck.

How come buying 9 katanas for a reward goal yields such a small reward?

My point is that there has to be more thought put into justifying rewards. Then again I am not making money off this game and that is Funzios main priority so why would they care.

Dravak
05-09-2012, 04:06 PM
That I agree on PVE rewards need to be updated , doing mastery needs to be updated .
Reward for 9 katana 5 humvies , whatever needs to be updated .
Especially the PVE part some people really enjoy , needs to be updated or rewarded ...

But about the luck game , see people like the luck game , or love it .
Scratchers , rare monsters , they are all based on luck to find or get something .

procsyzarc
05-09-2012, 04:23 PM

Not so sure about that. In Asian countries they mostly love luck based outcomes, however in Westernised countries people find outcomes based purely on RNG a frustrating annoyance. Just look at the big Asian MMO’s they mostly flop in Westernised countries despite being huge in Asian countries. One I played for quite some time was AION which is the biggest game in Korea and has a huge population. When it came to US/Europe servers it had so much potential and sold 4 million copies on its US release (not 100% but sure I remember reading that was a record for a MMO launch). However the game was so focused on RNG its popularity in western countries dropped very fast and servers got shut and those that were left were ghost towns because every aspect of the game was based purely on luck. This culture difference has caused the game to be hugely popular in Korea where they love luck based outcomes, but has reduced it to a F2P game in Europe and down to 3 very under populated servers in the states. It was a real shame since even today the game has more potential than I have ever seen in a MMO but because they couldn’t get away from their “rewards based on luck mindset” it failed terribly in western countries where people want rewards based on effort not luck.

dudeman
05-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Oops.........

617Pats
05-09-2012, 04:29 PM
That I agree on PVE rewards need to be updated , doing mastery needs to be updated .
Reward for 9 katana 5 humvies , whatever needs to be updated .
Especially the PVE part some people really enjoy , needs to be updated or rewarded ...

Scratchers , rare monsters , they are all based on luck to find or get something .

I just kind of hate luck personally. Probably because I have such bad luck, Lol. I like games that reward skill and intelligence. I dont really think that skill plays a role in CC but intelligence does. Planning an economy, using energy to loot good items (thing of the past now) and stamina to earn respect. Their is strategizing and it definiteley shows when you compare your stats to others. I am amazed at how much time and effort some forum members put into creating these great threads and excel sheets. THANKS by the way, makes my life easier. I created my own personal character spreadsheets but definteley like utililizing others.

I hate luck in sports and I hate luck in video games. I pawn fools in the real "MW" (modern warfare 3-ps3) and some people kill me based off luck. Not skill or intelligence but luck. At least in that game though luck will only carry you so far. Skill, intelligence, and effort will most likely suceed.

These sort of gaming aspects should be better tied to CC gameplay. Wait a minute, maybe im playing the wrong game, huh huh.

Dravak
05-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Proscysrac , that is why western people sometimes delude themself , cause they love to be a winner , but hate to lose.
Asian philosophy is different , see romance of three kingdoms .
In western mythology or historie , it would have been rewritten that the bad kingdom/guy who won .
Was a good guy , in Asian historie they tell it as it is ... totally different philosphy
It is a simple as that , but in the end everybody is human , sadly people fail to realise it , some asian are same as western , some western are same as asian .

About Aion it is the huge grind , or work that the newer generation do not like .
That is the reason for MMO decline in western part , people are getting more and more luxurious and lazy.
If I were 12 and told my parents give me 80€ to spend on air , they would smack me hard ;)
Now I can afford it , but for the younger generation the 80€ on air , is like what we used to spent on toys .

Sorry games and everything is driven ,by what I cannot have ,but be envious on what others have .
But in the end the luck is still there , the RNG is still there , the moment you click to farm M4A1 or any loot item .
Same for MMO rng always will be there it is part of the base why people play it . loottables are always set up that way.

Now see the decline in western MMO market , cause wow gave everything for free , and what do people moan about ?
Or talk the most about ? the hard to get RNG items , not the oh it is purchased for tokens .

i need muney
05-10-2012, 11:23 AM
This game wasn't ever balanced. It's really awful gameplay wise, just addicting as hell.
I'm weak :(

Ramshutu
05-10-2012, 11:53 AM

This is why I like Jenga. For there is no winner, only a looser.