PDA

View Full Version : Events rely too much on luck? POLL

manbeast
05-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Do you feel the same way?

I feel like the bonuses from these events are too substantial and game changing to be tossed out blindly. When I started this game I thought it was about strategy. If my strategy is better than my rivals, I will do better than they will. However, these events seem to be pure luck, and with the bonuses being so substantial it means the players with an advantage are the lucky ones, not the ones with better strategy.

For example: I saw a post where someone on here spent 1,500 gold on opens, and still didnt get the 10th item! Then you have me, I open every hour on the hour from beginning to end with medium opens. I have never got the 10th prize. Seriously this last event i might have missed 10 opens through the whole week, and I made up for those in overtime.

One the other hand, I saw a guy on here post that he missed the first day of the last two events and won the 10th item both times! w/ medium opens I'm pretty sure.

This proves that for events strategy goes out the window and winning is 99.9% luck. I feel like players who have better strategy and/or spend gold should be rewarded by getting these items/bonuses!

A 30% reduction in upgrade costs? 20% reduction in casualties? 20% faster upgrades? Those are all absolutely HUGE and game changing. You can spend weeks upgrading cement factory for only 10% reduction! And there's nothing that speeds up upgrades. Why should some people get such a huge advantage in the game just for being lucky?

SOLUTIONS

Option one- make events more strategy based. For example: you must get 100 opens before you get 10th item.

Option two- make bonuses smaller. 3% reduction in cost, not 30%. That way players w/ good strategy still have a chance against lucky players

Option three- make our boost buildings more powerful. This way we have a chance to get closer to the lucky players boost.

Copenhagen
05-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Any of these ideas are better than the current system. Another option would be to make the event items available for in game cash purchase.

Introducing game changing items like these without opportunity for all to achieve, discredits the premise that we have all been playing and paying under.

manbeast
05-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Introducing game changing items like these without opportunity for all to achieve, discredits the premise that we have all been playing and paying under.

This is exactly what I was getting at, just more eloquent. :)

edit- and i love the idea of making them available for purchase w/ in game cash, but unfortunately, i dont see that happening :(

JuSt.SiCk
05-09-2012, 11:54 AM
I totaly agree with u guys. I oppened arround 200 boxes with ingame cash at the last event and still got only 8 items. This isn't fair. Others with much less tries are getting the 10th item and still have +1 day to open boxes for cash and valor. On the last event i used over 1000 gold and still didn't get the 10th item, just number 9. This suxx so hard and is quite unfair. They really should change the system, but this wont happen in the next time i guess.

SiCk^

Capt Alan
05-09-2012, 02:35 PM
I only opened like 75 boxes and i got the draft destroyer about 3 days before the event finished so im good. :P

JohnnyR
05-09-2012, 02:38 PM
I think it should be incremental.

3%, 5%, 7%, 9% and save the big one for last. These are total game changing units. It's becoming more a matter of who lucked out and who spends the most rather than who played best. Luck cancelling skill makes for a boring game....and I got the last level 10. I kinda enjoy that fact that I have it, but it feels like a totally unfair advantage. :-/

overkill 280
05-09-2012, 02:59 PM

3%, 5%, 7%, 9% and save the big one for last. These are total game changing units. It's becoming more a matter of who lucked out and who spends the most rather than who played best. Luck cancelling skill makes for a boring game....and I got the last level 10. I kinda enjoy that fact that I have it, but it feels like a totally unfair advantage. :-/Your right they are game changers, Something has to be done to make it more worth while even trying!

JuSt.SiCk
05-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I only opened like 75 boxes and i got the draft destroyer about 3 days before the event finished so im good. :P

This can't be true.. Just 75 Boxes for the 10th item.. Funzio really have to change smth for futher events..

tk77
05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm totally agrre with those tree ideas. I think that I've opended about 80 box and i only got the 8th item monday morning :'( it's unfair !!

JMC
05-09-2012, 03:56 PM

3%, 5%, 7%, 9% and save the big one for last. These are total game changing units. It's becoming more a matter of who lucked out and who spends the most rather than who played best. Luck cancelling skill makes for a boring game....and I got the last level 10. I kinda enjoy that fact that I have it, but it feels like a totally unfair advantage. :-/

That's a good idea. Each of the units giving part of the unique reward, with the grand prize being a much bigger increment.

For something like a total of 30% lower upgrade cost it should go something like this.

1st unit at 3 bars - 1% Total Boost: 1%
2nd unit at 5 bars - 2% Total Boost: 3%
3rd unit at 7 bars - 5% Total Boost: 8%
4th unit at 9 bars - 7% Total Boost: 15%
5th unit at 10 bars - 15% Total Boost: 30%

These boosts give very big advantages and the all or nothing approach to the event, especially when it relies entirely on luck (which i have none of), makes it very unbalanced for the players who cannot get the 10th item, or even the 9th. I have yet to get more than 8 items.

Warfiend
05-09-2012, 05:40 PM
I support the incremental reward idea. Most everyone would get a taste, and a few lucky people would get the full advantage. I would prefer that to what there is now.

manbeast
05-09-2012, 08:59 PM

LOVE this incremental idea!! so much better than the current system. FUNZIO- make this happen!!!

maybe a combination of option one and this incremental idea would be best :) i'm still goin to want the 10th!!

KCh
05-09-2012, 09:06 PM
I agree, the incremental reward idea is way better than the current system.

Q Raider
05-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Nice idea.

Other possibilities and ideas that are enticing but perhaps not so game changing as the current items are.

Faster build time but for a limited period (say till the next event)
Being able to do multiple builds for a specified period of time or to a certain value.
Having a temporary amplification (week or two) to your defence stats (I mean BIG) so that you have a chance to save up for that Nano....

JMC
05-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Nice idea.

Other possibilities and ideas that are enticing but perhaps not so game changing as the current items are.

Faster build time but for a limited period (say till the next event)
Being able to do multiple builds for a specified period of time or to a certain value.
Having a temporary amplification (week or two) to your defence stats (I mean BIG) so that you have a chance to save up for that Nano....

Sorry, i don't like the idea of temporary awards. Considering how difficult it is to get the parts in the first place, a temporary reward would not be worth while. The incremental idea works much better. They are not as game changing, because most people will experience at least some of the benefits.

They talked about being able to trade in parts from past events for special items in a new shop, perhaps temporary boosts could be something sold in that shop.

manbeast
05-10-2012, 01:17 PM
i wouldnt mind a temporary faster upgrade time. i hate waiting on upgrades.

Agent Orange
05-10-2012, 06:05 PM
The more I play the events the more I realize that luck is not a factor....

Both times I got all 10 pieces I played with a very specific strategy.

1) Open as many containers as possible on day 1 since that is the easiest day to get parts.
2) Keep a lot of energy on hand to be able to hit your fav map mission for containers
3) Only keep 1 unopened item at a time or better still none. Do this in order to keep from being raided.
4) On the last event I only used gold to open containers and only after freshly finding one so it was important
to keep on top of my timer even though I had nothing pending.
5) I kept track of time, and when I had the best luck in terms of opening and finding the part. Oddly the event
did not seem random in the least but was somewhat predictable.

In the end I got 10 parts, my LLP got to 9 48 hours after the event ended after opening all 12 containers they had left
after the event ended. My brothers got 9 and 8 respectively. We did a lot better this time vs any previous events.

JohnnyR
05-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Some people had incredibly rotten luck no matter how many attempts the first few days. Big flan and Luke come to mind. There're more hardluck stories of being stuck on 7, 8, or 9 for days and days after getting six in a row than anything... Then there are guys who skipped a day, and got the prize. I wasn't particularly religious about my openings, with work, school, and girlfriend also in my life. I truly lucked out on this event. No gold spent, less than 100 attempts. Luck swings both ways, we only see what we see...

JMC
05-10-2012, 08:44 PM
I was stuck on 6 last event for 2 days, and then stuck on 7 for the last 3 days.

manbeast
05-10-2012, 09:24 PM
The more I play the events the more I realize that luck is not a factor....

Both times I got all 10 pieces I played with a very specific strategy.

1) Open as many containers as possible on day 1 since that is the easiest day to get parts.
2) Keep a lot of energy on hand to be able to hit your fav map mission for containers
3) Only keep 1 unopened item at a time or better still none. Do this in order to keep from being raided.
4) On the last event I only used gold to open containers and only after freshly finding one so it was important
to keep on top of my timer even though I had nothing pending.
5) I kept track of time, and when I had the best luck in terms of opening and finding the part. Oddly the event
did not seem random in the least but was somewhat predictable.

In the end I got 10 parts, my LLP got to 9 48 hours after the event ended after opening all 12 containers they had left
after the event ended. My brothers got 9 and 8 respectively. We did a lot better this time vs any previous events.

i really attacked the event the first day using medium opens. got 5 parts. second day nothing. 3rd day got 3 parts. second to last day got 9th. last day and overtime-20 BOXES!! got nothing

i kept 20 boxes on hand the whole event and my open rate using medium was better than 80%. i got so much loot it was insane. i really dont thing strategy has anything to do w/ it. u could open 30 boxes and win. you can open 500 and lose.

manbeast
05-14-2012, 06:51 PM
i'm thinking that they should do the incremental bonus and should make it retro-active!!!

everyone will be so much more happy and the game will be semi-fair again.