PDA

View Full Version : I think they fixed it

upsman_17
05-09-2012, 09:11 AM
After last event there was a thread asking if anyone was still playing the event after the timer expired by not closing down the app. I have always done this and gotten extra goodies. It appears that they have fixed the ability to do this as I have had to close down the app and open it up again. Kept getting "cannot reach server" or "cant fight" after any function I tried after about 10:30 AM EST. Oh well, I was able to open up a few extra this time. Got me a sweet new Enhanced Bike. Yeah, I know you're jealous.

Gaming Will
05-09-2012, 09:13 AM
I got me a Sorry, Better luck next time. Then had to close the app.

Dipstik
05-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Mine was still open and running when I woke up at 6am, and I got another hammer. Then I went to work and closed the app like every other time.

dudeman
05-09-2012, 09:37 AM
I left CC open and went to bed, woke up and got another baton, went back to sleep, woke up and decided to empty my stamina by blind attacking from my news. Open menu, crash.

Bullish!t

Swifty
05-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Same overtime as always for me.

Handful of "fail to open" and then the app crashes.

DenZ1
05-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Same overtime as always for me.

Handful of "fail to open" and then the app crashes.

Same here. Got a hammer though and a bike.... Yahoo....I'm so happy :( ....not....

Dipstik
05-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever obtained a diamond, etc, during "overtime?"

Maniaxe
05-09-2012, 08:07 PM
I got my ninth whatever (all starting to run together) from last weeks event. Painting event.

Steve0
05-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Got 25K, Colonels armor, hammer, Had to shut down due to a phone number givin from a contractor, opend till about 2 this afternoon,

dudeman
05-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever obtained a diamond, etc, during "overtime?"

Yes, some people have even received item #10 in OT.

iteachem
05-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Kept it open 15 hours... Got the server message several times but it would fix itself later. Picked up 2 bikes an eu baton some cash.. Was hoping for 10. Finally lost it when I was checking a newsfeed and the program crashed.

Alice
05-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Yes, some people have even received item #10 in OT.

I agree :p

Walter
05-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Definitely possible.

jaywalker
05-09-2012, 11:22 PM
This is on the borderline to cheating imo.

CounterSniper
05-09-2012, 11:29 PM

Why doesnt the message read "Event Over" instead of "Ending Soon" if that was the case.

In addition they could make sure the event ended if they so chose. A quick post event "cleaning" or similar server disconnect would solve that.

jaywalker
05-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Maybe they havn't thought that it.

/edit: This is my own opinion, I'm sure not everyone agree.

I also think one of the reasons events are delayed on android is that they have to do some changes in the coding so that people with ios and android can not continue events by transfering to a different device (starting on android with 9/10).

Fig Oni
05-10-2012, 02:12 PM

No offense to anyone but if funzio don't want to be open about the drop rate probability.
Then if someone don't restart their device after the timer runs out is called a semi-cheater is wrong.

I honestly believe anyone who spent over 1000 gold and don't even get to 9 has been cheated in my opinion so I am not on anyone side I say if it's possible let it be.

Also funzio has a fix to the problem which is a server maintenance so if they havn't done that it only because people panicking will buy gold and reset and open as many boxes as possible or if they had excess gold they will end up consuming on the event.

Basically it the host & parasite situation.
Gamers spending gold are host and funzio are the parasite sucking them dry.

procsyzarc
05-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Mine stayed open about 15 hours before I got the crash, gave me a chance to get a few more bikes....

upsman_17
05-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Exploiting a flaw in the existing game data does not a cheater make. Nobody altered anything to keep opening boxes after the event ended and it could be easily solved by a forced crash on Funzios end. And EVERYBODY can do the same thing. The whole "cheater" tag gets thrown around so haphazardly lately.

If I go out to the bar with the intent of convincing some drunk slut to go home with me to keep the night "event" going, does that make me a dishonest person in any way? Of course not. I merely exploited a glitch in her flawed character by taking advantage of her loose inhabitions. Just like when the event ends I take advantage of Funzio's loose rules just the same. Besides, these are supposed to be week long events anyway. Even opening boxes after the timer ends technically still leaves multiple days/hours left for the so-called "week long" events. I know, crazy analogy, but the basic premise holds true. :)

kimberleyj
05-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Why doesnt the message read "Event Over" instead of "Ending Soon" if that was the case.

In addition they could make sure the event ended if they so chose. A quick post event "cleaning" or similar server disconnect would solve that.

i think funzio planned these events to run over the time in the hope they get loads of people panic spending. if they didn't want people playing the event after the timer they would have ended it on time.

CounterSniper
05-10-2012, 05:32 PM
i think funzio planned these events to run over the time in the hope they get loads of people panic spending. if they didn't want people playing the event after the timer they would have ended it on time.

Exactly my point! :)

Ocl04
05-10-2012, 05:45 PM
I did! I got the dice on overtime!!