PDA

View Full Version : *** POLL - NEW Gold Sale for a Cause ***

Robin Hood
05-09-2012, 07:08 AM
In the wake of recent "events" and Funzio's $210 million sale, I've realized a couple of things:

1) We as a community are spending an incredible amount of money on Crime City.
2) Real money spent on Crime City is, by definition, disposable / discretionary income.

I've squawked a lot about my feelings on spending vast amounts of real money on this or any other iPhone game. Deep down I know that changing anyone's mind is about as likely as opening the 10th secret document with a screwdriver.

Instead of my usual campaign of unsolicited advice, I thought I might practice what I preach and take a small step towards something potentially more productive. The poll should be fairly self-explanatory. It's also private, so please be candid. Who knows, one of the devs might even take notice ...

Feng1234
05-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Think if it was 95% or greater donations to a charity with discounts then I as someone who don't spend gold would be interested in purchasing some.

Robin Hood
05-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the input Feng.

Should be interesting to gauge the pulse of the community on this.

Sasha54
05-09-2012, 08:13 AM
it would really depend - on a lot of things - this type of thing is hard to control
My husband has worked in the NGO non-profit sector for years and point of sale type donations are difficult and sometimes the money doesn't really get to where it should be going.

Obviously I believe in donating - BUT I like to have as much control as possible and this just wouldn't be one of those situations - just my 2 cents............

But your heart is in the right place:)

QPR
05-09-2012, 08:15 AM
This sounds like a good idea

Cloud4201
05-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Wouldn't make a difference to me at all. And I'm quite sure it would make Funzio less likely to make a sale on it.

Gaming Will
05-09-2012, 08:22 AM
I like the idea you are going for here. But to be completely honest, it wouldn't make me buy gold any more than a gold sale itself. I'm not a selfish person but here is my reasoning:

I am very active in my community and donate to many specific organizations through-out the year. I tend to want to keep my "play money" separate from my donations. After all, I'm donating because I can not because it benefits me. It would be hard for me to know that the money I donated was handled appropriately. Just my opinion.

sexkitteh
05-09-2012, 08:59 AM
I'd rather spend my money knowing that someone is getting rich off it than spend my money on something and then wonder where my money is actually going... god knows charities are full of sh1t...

Robin Hood
05-09-2012, 09:27 AM
I'd rather spend my money knowing that someone is getting rich off it than spend my money on something and then wonder where my money is actually going... god knows charities are full of sh1t...

fascinating

Rhino72
05-09-2012, 09:31 AM
I agree with what Will / Sasha said. I already make large charitable donations so I am in control of that myself. I pick my own causes and support them. No difference at all...

Sasha54
05-09-2012, 09:34 AM

.........nice one!
I'll be sure to let my hubby know he's just wasted several years of his life helping people less fortunate........now that you've enlightened me.

Max Power
05-09-2012, 10:19 AM

What a colossally ignorant statement.

I might increase if receipts were provided and the cause was right. Other than that, I already give locally.

G Wiz
05-09-2012, 10:35 AM
I would like to see some transparency for this, as well as some media coverage so that funzio can be held accountable. Donating for a good cause is always something I have no problem in participating in.

What boils my blood however is when these same funds are used foolishly...

G Wiz
05-09-2012, 10:38 AM
People like you need to educate yourself more thoroughly on the dynamics of a charitable organization. It's because of these organizations that many people had their lives extended and even saved!

Your opinion...yes. Foolish and ignorant? Very much so!