PDA

View Full Version : World War? Forum event idea..

Hassleham
05-09-2012, 06:10 AM
I was thinking last night about an event where we count up everyones stats and see which country on the forum is the strongest.

I was thinking i could set up a temporary e-mail account and people could submit screenshots of their stats over a certain period, lets say 24 hours.

Then (depending on how many submissions of screenshots there were), i would count up the results and put them in a spreadsheet to see which country has the highest income, att/def, missions done etc. etc.

I know it wouldn't give an accurate result because of the thousands of players not on the forums but it might be fun :)

Would people be interested in this?
Let me know if you have any more ideas.

War Priest
05-09-2012, 06:14 AM
I think Russia would win that idea.

To play along here are my stats:

Russia
29,638 Attack
31,160 Defense

Hello Kitty
05-09-2012, 06:15 AM
There are also the boost buildings to consider.

Hassleham
05-09-2012, 06:19 AM
If boost buildings are ignored then it wont really matter i don't think. And it's easier counting results from screenshots than people forum posts and it will stop cheating. I'm just trying to think of the best way for people to submit images.

War Priest
05-09-2012, 06:21 AM
If we check our own page for the stats the boosts will be included so that shouldn't be a problem.

el_gringo
05-09-2012, 06:23 AM
It would be a foregone conclusion. Russia followed by the UK (or possibly US) followed by Iran, Germany, China.

Hassleham
05-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Oh that's ok then.
I was thinking it would be easiest to set up an email address for everyone to send screenshots to but then i realised some people might not want to give their e-mail address to a stranger.. is there any way to send it anonymously?

War Priest
05-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Why can't we all just post it here and you add them up?

ADD: Better yet, create a new thread stating to add our stats and then you can add them up after the thread goes cold... That would work.

Hassleham
05-09-2012, 06:30 AM
But then it gets pretty difficult because if people start posting multiple times or having a conversation in here it makes my job very difficult. Especially when i have no way of deleting posts.
Also people could cheat.

Hassleham
05-09-2012, 06:31 AM
I guess i could do it but if people start posting more than once or anything i cant be bothered with the hassle of sorting through them haha.

War Priest
05-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Ok, same idea but tell them to post snapshots.

And I don't think people will post their snapshot twice. Besides we will help monitor it. We will notice if they did or not.

Hello Kitty
05-09-2012, 06:33 AM
If we check our own page for the stats the boosts will be included so that shouldn't be a problem.But building boosts aren't tied to a country. Am I missing something?

War Priest
05-09-2012, 06:37 AM
But building boosts aren't tied to a country. Am I missing something?

There is no way around that. We have to count boost buildings since were taking a snapshot of our stats.

Aidan
05-09-2012, 06:39 AM
What you see on your page is your true stat. What you see on other's page is their raw stat plus YOUR country bonus and no boosts stat. So say you are russia and you view a UK player. You will see his stat + 10% bonus to air units which is wrong. It's a glitch that i think still not fixed.

Hassleham
05-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Right i'll start the event a bit later and wait till people stop posting to add them up.

Hello Kitty
05-09-2012, 06:46 AM
What you see on your page is your true stat. What you see on other's page is their raw stat plus YOUR country bonus and no boosts stat. So say you are russia and you view a UK player. You will see his stat + 10% bonus to air units which is wrong. It's a glitch that i think still not fixed.Right, so the only way this will work is to have someone else take a snapshot of our stats for us to get raw + country boost.

Hassleham
05-09-2012, 06:47 AM
We don't need to include boosts though, as long as everyone snaps their own stats, the same handicap will apply to everyone.

War Priest
05-09-2012, 06:51 AM
We don't need to include boosts though, as long as everyone snaps their own stats, the same handicap will apply to everyone.

Boosts will be included that way. What is wrong with including boosts anyways? There really is no other way around it. If this becomes to complicated then people won't participate.

If everybody just takes their own snapshot then add it up that will be fair. It isn't like this is 100% accurate.

Hello Kitty
05-09-2012, 06:53 AM
We don't need to include boosts though, as long as everyone snaps their own stats, the same handicap will apply to everyone.The converse is correct, the way I see my stats is with all boosts. The way you see my stats is raw + country. So you see my stats without building, not me.

Aidan
05-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Yup just take your own snapshot. That is your true stat. Raw+nation+boosts.

Easier

War Priest
05-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Yup just take your own snapshot. That is your true stat. Raw+nation+boosts.

Easier

That's what I thought Queef meant all along but then this boost talk came in some how. :rolleyes:

Hello Kitty
05-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Yup just take your own snapshot. That is your true stat. Raw+nation+boosts. EasierExactly! Then you can't say this is a strongest country compare if it includes boost, it's just an overall stats compare.

Aidan
05-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Exactly! Then you can't say this is a strongest country compare if it includes boost, it's just an overall stats compare.

Hurmmm you have a valid point there.

War Priest
05-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Yeah, but it doesn't matter. Maybe you guys are putting to much thought into this. :P

What is wrong with everybody giving our totals to Queef then him adding them up in a few days just to see the numbers.

It is basically impossible just to see the strongest country without boosts or anything.

Hello Kitty
05-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Yeah, but it doesn't matter. Maybe you guys are putting to much thought into this. :PWhat is wrong with everybody giving our totals to Queef then him adding them up in a few days just to see the numbers.It is basically impossible just to see the strongest country without boosts or anything.That's exactly my point. It's not a country compare if it's total stats. There's not a lot of thought that goes into that. Simple.

Maverick50727
05-09-2012, 07:18 AM
I was thinking last night about an event where we count up everyones stats and see which country on the forum is the strongest.

I was thinking i could set up a temporary e-mail account and people could submit screenshots of their stats over a certain period, lets say 24 hours.

Then (depending on how many submissions of screenshots there were), i would count up the results and put them in a spreadsheet to see which country has the highest income, att/def, missions done etc. etc.

I know it wouldn't give an accurate result because of the thousands of players not on the forums but it might be fun :)

Would people be interested in this?
Let me know if you have any more ideas.
It would probably be Russia or UK as most forum members switch to these. Overall for everyone outside of the forum it would probably be US hands down. The majority of people select US when starting and later switch when they figure out the error of their ways and 10% nation means a lot. I haven't switched yet and still sitting at US myself.

War Priest
05-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Mav, no tapjoy for you so you can switch?

JohnnyR
05-09-2012, 08:25 AM
That's exactly my point. It's not a country compare if it's total stats. There's not a lot of thought that goes into that. Simple.

I think it is a country compare as well, as it depends upon how best we each use our nation and building boosts, how effective we are in maximizing our boosts. The stats simply show that.

Also, if they're not yet, allies need to be figured into this.

War Priest
05-09-2012, 08:35 AM
I don't think much people are willing to increase/decrease allys just for this comparison. So if this is going to happen, pretty much everybody just needs to snapshot their OWN stats and post it. Any other way is to complicated and that will keep people away.

I agree with Johnny as well. It will show who used the fullest potential of their country boost since people focus on that category more than the other 3.

It won't be accurate and legit, yet it'll still be fun to put up the 6 countires with numbers next to it.

JohnnyR
05-09-2012, 08:38 AM
I was thinking pulling in the ally numbers as well to get a good density score, as we all know by straight numbers alone either the UK, RU, or US is going to dominate.

manbeast
05-09-2012, 09:15 AM
9/10 players on my rival list are UK. use to all be USA, but shortly after i made the switch it seems like most everyone did. i'm UK. i'd say the UK dominates the world

hound
05-09-2012, 09:26 AM
I think Russia would win that idea.

To play along here are my stats:

Russia
29,638 Attack
31,160 Defense

Dang it- I tried to resist from adding a post, trying to keep the "9" theme, I had going... "9" Aviatar, "99" post... Only able to reach "9" in events! But, had to ask- WP is this your stats without the boost? With all the mentioning of all the gold units you have, I would have figured you were near the covident 6 digit attack and Defense stat.... I wonder if that is even possible?

War Priest
05-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Dang it- I tried to resist from adding a post, trying to keep the "9" theme, I had going... "9" Aviatar, "99" post... Only able to reach "9" in events! But, had to ask- WP is this your stats without the boost? With all the mentioning of all the gold units you have, I would have figured you were near the covident 6 digit attack and Defense stat.... I wonder if that is even possible?

Including boosts. My ally count is 163.

hound
05-09-2012, 09:28 AM
BTW~ I'm flying UK

Attack: 46,656
Defense: 54,139

hound
05-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Including boosts. My ally count is 163.

Ahh.. My ally count is 689 - and decreasing when I'm bored enough and patient enough to scroll through the list... What a pain in the butt! Since when you acknowledge a delete, it throws you back to the begining of the list- but, that's another thread...

RedLabit
05-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Sometimes the best answer to a difficult question is to just take a simplest route.

You can get some helpers at different levels to just take random screenshots of people in their rival list and make a compilation of the results. Whether boost or no boost or whatsoever will just even out if the sample population is large enough. Moreover, from what I see in my rival list, most players still have their boost still at level 1.

Hassleham
05-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah all the talk of boosts got out of hand.

I was thinking pulling in the ally numbers as well to get a good density score, as we all know by straight numbers alone either the UK, RU, or US is going to dominate.

@Johnny - I was planning to record all information from the "Mp Profile" screenshot apart from current money balance, so that will include ally count.