PDA

View Full Version : High stat valor units VS High stat cash units

overkill 280
05-08-2012, 03:31 PM
What do you guys think..Or do.Is there any use buying cash units, That don't have as high a stat rating as Valor units?

Warfiend
05-08-2012, 04:11 PM
It depends a lot on your play style IMO. If you've built a good economy, and you're patient, I think cash units are better bets to rely on as you can get better casualty rates in cash units and can replace any you lose without accumulating xp or risking losing more units in the process.

Freekizh
05-08-2012, 04:17 PM
It depends a lot on your play style IMO. If you've built a good economy, and you're patient, I think cash units are better bets to rely on as you can get better casualty rates in cash units and can replace any you lose without accumulating xp or risking losing more units in the process.

I agree with you for once :) I have stopped using valor units when I can buy similar cash units. I keep the valor points for dry powder. For example wen I needed more attack for this event I used some valor points to quickly buy units.

overkill 280
05-08-2012, 05:02 PM
I agree with you for once :) I have stopped using valor units when I can buy similar cash units. I keep the valor points for dry powder. For example wen I needed more attack for this event I used some valor points to quickly buy units.Really? So I should just be banking them for now? What about valor units like the SH and SF tho?

Luke7676
05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Everytime I make enough valor I buy a sh have around 60 right now. I was saving valor for a bit untill I started saving for a nano then I used about 6k valor on sh's but I use both cash and valor units for battle

JMC
05-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Valor units are good, since it will take you a very long time to put together an army of similar strength using just cash units.

overkill 280
05-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Valor units are good, since it will take you a very long time to put together an army of similar strength using just cash units.But should i just concentrate on valor units, and not buy any cash units, cause of their higher stats?

Warfiend
05-08-2012, 09:10 PM
I agree with you for once :) I have stopped using valor units when I can buy similar cash units. I keep the valor points for dry powder. For example wen I needed more attack for this event I used some valor points to quickly buy units.

Nice. I buy valor units whenever I can, but after reading many of the higher level guys talkng about casualty rates and hitting a plateau where it becomes hard to maintain a valor army, I've decided to avoid trying to make them the backbone of my forces. I'd rather take the time now at lower levels to unlock powerful cash units and build my economy a bit and then have the valor units compliment my core cash forces.

I've lost mine launchers and super frigates, and it is a trivial joke to replace a mine launcher compared to replacing an SF. I use mine launcher as an example as it's currently the most costly cash unit in my forces. When I begin deploying battleships and b52s it will be the same thing though, just less trivial.

procsyzarc
05-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I use valour units as place holders untill I get enough cash to replace them. Ie everytime I get another 4.1M I will buy another stealth bomber and a forget the name but the plane with 30def, but to get 2000 of each costs over 8 billion so have a lot of super hornets while building up the money to replace with cash units.

JMC
05-08-2012, 09:23 PM
You buy both.

Dreno33
05-08-2012, 09:59 PM
well its easier to get cash than valor for units... i guess I'm not sure what the question is. Don't most use the valor to their best advantage with what they have and just fill the rest of their army with cash units?

overkill 280
05-08-2012, 10:29 PM
well its easier to get cash than valor for units... i guess I'm not sure what the question is. Don't most use the valor to their best advantage with what they have and just fill the rest of their army with cash units?Sorry I'll give you some examples of what I'm trying to ask. I can get a GIGN that has 22 att and 19 def. And no other infintry unit is as good in stats. Or I can get a SH that has 36 att and 26 def. And the closest unit I have available to buy is the Osprey. So am I just wasting my money buying the Osprey? cause of the SH better stats.

Buggs1a
05-09-2012, 12:40 AM

You have no choice what units are used so what do you mean?

Aidan
05-09-2012, 01:06 AM
This whole high valor vs high cash unit also depends on your allies strategy.

For those who is running at full allies, it's almost impossible if you want to just concentrate on cash unit. Reason being it's too expensive and will take years to do it. Especially in the higher levels where you bring 1500-2000 units to battle. You will need the valor unit. Without it you will be much weaker than the others.

It's a little bit easier for those running on low allies where you only bring 50-200 units to battle. Going with full high stat cash unit and banking the valor will be a much better option. It is certainly much easier and doable to buy 100 aircraft carrier and 100 stealth bomber rather than buying 2000 of each.

Bronson
05-09-2012, 01:51 AM
I was thinking of banking my Valor but used it to boost my stats so I am quite high compared to my rivals BUT the bread and butter of your army should be cash units!!

Get the best cash units you can for your army and then as your bank grows you upgrade and buy the next best and then the next best so the ones you bought a few weeks ago will then be your meat shields.... After this pad out with Valor units to boost the stats more.

Maverick50727
05-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Read my posts on page 9 of this thread. It mentions valor, loot and cash unit comparisons you might find interesting.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?27415-Hows-the-Casualty-Rate-for-you/page9