PDA

View Full Version : air units vs sea units

Ryan5100
05-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Which is better to buy with USA as my country?

War Priest
05-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Both. They all have differnt stats that will effect your battles differnt ways.

Hellstorm
05-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Air has stronger attack units, sea has stronger defense u it's. Depends what your strategy is. Just change your flag, makes it easier to pick

Hellstorm
05-08-2012, 04:46 PM
But one thing that the sea units have is a lower casualty rate. Many of the units have very low casualty.

Maverick50727
05-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Sea is the best for consumption rates then air then ground and infantry the worst. This is in general and some units are better than others. Also some have counters/strong against. There are many published spreadsheets and raw data files that have this info. Just search for it in the forum. Make choices whether stronger in attack or def to match your play style.

ShawnBB
05-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Allow me to say something about the unit choose here.

IMO, sea is actually misunderstanded as the best defensive force. (actually is the worst)
Because we are talking about constructing a decent defense with limited amount of money. Not daydreaming 2000 Aircraft carriers.

Early game we use medic,
mid game we use military ambulance(fully load army with 2+ attack units),
end game we use stealth surveillance drone(fully load attack units with 8+ attack).
Lifetime game then we use aircraft carrier.

No matter what play style a player is, he has to focus on air force.(even for defending)
Because air is the most realistic force and worked very powerful on both ways.
Since the casualty problem can be eliminated by avoid joining battle, the only "advantage" that sea force left is expensive.

If a player decides to turtle, he will not choose seaforce because drone has a better value than mine launcher,ambulance has a better value than sea scout.
If a player decides to be aggressive,no hesitation, here goes the air force, lol.
If a player decides to go accumulating defense,but still follow the valor mission goal, then using ranger as meat shield for ambulance would cause less money lost than putting hundreds naked seascouts into battle.

bigflan
05-08-2012, 07:37 PM
The price is ridiculous actually

Ryan5100
05-08-2012, 07:45 PM
so should i just go for more air units since there cheaper with good A/D?

Hassleham
05-08-2012, 07:50 PM
I prefer sea units. The majority of my units are sea based because with a low death rate i spend less cash on replacing them.

Freekizh
05-08-2012, 07:51 PM
You know I quite like sea forces - and I'm going to try to defend them as an ATTACKING force.

If casualty rates are supposed to work like they do, and you do a lot of PvP, I think sea forces should do quite well if you PvP a lot. Nearly my entire attacking forces are sea, and my entire defenses are ambulances.

A lot of people harp on about air forces have best attack etc etc. But not everyone wants to build a huge force looking to overwhelm another huge defense, if their goal is merely obtain valor points cost effectively from a consumption point of view, then sea forces are quite good as a PvP tool.

CAPT.GIN
05-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Air all day air all night!!! But sea is bada$$ to, but I like air better...

Ryan5100
05-08-2012, 07:59 PM
What sea units do u use for attacking? SF?

Hassleham
05-08-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm currently taking in to battle:
19 Super Hornets,
78 Stealth Frigates,
94 Amphibious Hovercraft,
7 Osprey,
38 cruisers (had 200 odd but when i had less allies these were effectively being used as meat shields so i lost lots),
90 subs,
18 chinooks,
66 inflatables,
and various indestructible items from events and loot items.

These give me 8200 Attack and 7500 defence with 110 allies and i rarely lose fights except to full gold players (level 49)

SEA = BOSS

ShawnBB
05-08-2012, 08:00 PM
You know I quite like sea forces - and I'm going to try to defend them as an ATTACKING force.

If casualty rates are supposed to work like they do, and you do a lot of PvP, I think sea forces should do quite well if you PvP a lot. Nearly my entire attacking forces are sea, and my entire defenses are ambulances.

A lot of people harp on about air forces have best attack etc etc. But not everyone wants to build a huge force looking to overwhelm another huge defense, if their goal is merely obtain valor points cost effectively from a consumption point of view, then sea forces are quite good as a PvP tool.

Yes! Sea force is the attacking force,exactly bud! Might be a lot of players didn't realize this truth.

Only when attacking we are actually rock to rock consuming the casualty, and defending is the opposite way.

Ryan5100
05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm currently taking in to battle:
19 Super Hornets,
78 Stealth Frigates,
94 Amphibious Hovercraft,
7 Osprey,
38 cruisers (had 200 odd but when i had less allies these were effectively being used as meat shields so i lost lots),
90 subs,
18 chinooks,
66 inflatables,
and various indestructible items from events and loot items.

These give me 8200 Attack and 7500 defence with 110 allies and i rarely lose fights except to full gold players (level 49)

SEA = BOSSare u the UK flag?

Hassleham
05-08-2012, 08:07 PM
are u the UK flag?

Yes, and naval research is currently level 5.

bigflan
05-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Pick air best units for price and I don't lose air units you don't replace you boost up on them I use sea as defense and air as attack that's what there meant for it depends more attack or more defense I picked Russia more attack Is great

Freekizh
05-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Pick air best units for price and I don't lose air units you don't replace you boost up on them I use sea as defense and air as attack that's what there meant for it depends more attack or more defense I picked Russia more attack Is great

Yes "flyboy" flannie, we know you like air and you're Russia :)

Hassleham
05-08-2012, 08:12 PM
To be fair though even though i'm UK flag which is seen as defensive, my attack is still higher than defence..

RedLabit
05-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Allow me to say something about the unit choose here.

IMO, sea is actually misunderstanded as the best defensive force. (actually is the worst) ...
Early game we use medic,
end game we use stealth surveillance drone(fully load attack units with 8+ attack).

Hahaha...That is the exact route I'm following! That's why I'm still in China, 'cos my flamers will prevent my stealth drones from going to battles. I'm still dreaming farming the vernal fighter eventually.
The Chinese will rule the the free world! Joking..

mickymacirl
05-09-2012, 01:21 AM
Which is better to buy with USA as my country?

For me, with nation bonus Air, BUT I'm creating an equal amount of Valor units (SH, SF, GIGN and M270s) to try and balance my army.

As I am upgrading my Boost buildings, I'm also buying extra high cash units for Sea for DEF, using Air and Ground for ATT and Infantry to pad out/unit loses in battle, since they are cheap and pretty much all High loss.

bushobama
05-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Both. They all have differnt stats that will effect your battles differnt ways.

They all have different stats that will affect* your battles in different ways.

Bronson
05-09-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm UK flag and currently upgrading sea boost to lvl 5. I only buy Sea and Air. I'm going for a 3-1 ratio so currently have 116 SF & 40 SH. Currently working on same ratio between destroyer and vipers, with cruisers padding out my attack.

I was thinking about going all out and just upgrading the airbase to get the stealth bombers, any idea how long that would take from a starting point of level 3

RedLabit
05-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Yes! Sea force is the attacking force,exactly bud! Might be a lot of players didn't realize this truth.

Only when attacking we are actually rock to rock consuming the casualty, and defending is the opposite way.

In my opinion, this game is kind of like scissors paper stone. As far as I'm concern the best attacking unit should be the infantry because we can use them effectively to cover the expensive attacking and defensive units. The snipers can cover ambulance and global hawk drones and the flamers can cover stealth drones. The cheap infantry also double up as replaceable meat shields.

Not sure if Funzio did the scissors paper stone scenario on purpose, but I think the way they arrange the stats among the different units makes the game fun, at least for me...

manbeast
05-09-2012, 10:34 AM
A

Early game we use medic,

not what i did

early- transport (still have 500)
mid-sea scout (have 300)
end- mine launcher (have 100) got all these during the last event
life- aircraft carrier- will start purchasing these as soon as my upgrade comes through. love that they are strong against air. lets kill some super hornets!!

i am not turtling.

for atk, i have 300 inflatables, 300 snipers, 300 stealth frigates, 100 super hornets. also have amp. hovercraft and destroyers.

sea units are the best throughout the whole game imo b.c of low casualty

only good air unit is stealth surv. drone, and i'm not buying any b/c my mine launchers have same stats and casualty (w/ my boosts included)

edit- when you factor in casualty rates- railgun destroyer is half the price of stealth bomber and destroyer is half the price of the b-52