PDA

View Full Version : Noticed something interesting.

Hassleham
05-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Someone raided my cement factory and i noticed that it removed it's effect on the cost of buildings/upgrades.
Did anyone else not realise that raiding boost buildings deactivates them, or was it just me?

War Priest
05-08-2012, 01:32 PM
We already knew that. That's why we recommend raiding their boost buildings before money buildings to lower their stats.

Hassleham
05-08-2012, 01:34 PM
I need to read the forums more :P

Arizona
05-08-2012, 05:05 PM
We already knew that. That's why we recommend raiding their boost buildings before money buildings to lower their stats.

...and to get them back in working order, is it just a click on the spanner symbol? Or is there a rebuild time of hours?

MaverickMunkey
05-08-2012, 05:16 PM
...and to get them back in working order, is it just a click on the spanner symbol? Or is there a rebuild time of hours?

No rebuild time - just a click on the spanner and they are back up and running!

Mcdoc
05-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Now THAT's a Well Informed Strategic approach - gained from Forum Knowledge!

Check out their inventory - take out their unit boost bldgs - cripple their stats - then come in for the kill :)

azy
05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Anyone knows if you must hit the boost building three times to cripple it? Is it gradual where three hits negate all the boost effect, while one hit only some?

JohnnyR
05-08-2012, 06:21 PM
This is good to know, but unless I had the zero casualty thing going on, I find it pointless. Too many units lost, one of which might be a SH....

JMC
05-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Known strategy to first raid all boost buildings, on someone who is similar in stats. That way when you attack them, you will be attacking the raw stats that you can be certain of. Also raiding gives the attacker quite a big advantage, so you could potentially beat people that are quite a bit stronger than you.

Hassleham
05-08-2012, 06:34 PM
I don't really understand the point of having the cement factory deactivated though.
It might be good if they came up with a more interesting way of incorporating the cement factory in to raids.
maybe by giving boost buildings more than 3 "life-points" and reducing the boost by a small percentage for each life point lost in a raid, and then charging the owner to repair each life point. That would give boost buildings and pvp more of an impact on people economy wouldn't it?

Hellstorm
05-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Why do you think that is? I've seen it myself and raided stronger opponents many times. But why? Any clue?

Hassleham
05-08-2012, 07:04 PM
It must be something to do with how defence buildings are involved in calculating the defence depending on what buildings they are in range of. Need someone who's good at programming to look at the game code i guess..

-->FISH<--
05-08-2012, 07:39 PM
You must hit the building and leave then come back for it to work.

Agent Orange
05-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Also very wise to quit and reload your app because shot up boost buildings do not automatically refresh when you are in your base or when you return from another without quitting. You will notice your losses spike.