PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Feature on Forum

Burn
05-08-2012, 08:49 AM
There was some talk a while back about turning on the Reputation feature on the forums.

CCM said he might implement it, LFizzle said she liked the idea.

Any news????

Reputation = http://www.funzio.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation

Basically it is a peer validation system, where good posts get + votes and garbage gets - votes.

Helps you to know who posts worthwhile stuff (Nicholost, White Frog, Ghost et al), and who mostly posts pointless noise (me) - so everyone knows who to listen to, and who can be safely ignored.

Might also stop some of the squabbling, if people know they can be voted down for being a troll or getting too emotional, they might think twice before posting.

Anyway, blah blah, any News on this Funzio????

sexkitteh
05-08-2012, 08:53 AM
On other forums you see the hated ones become more hated... and it's more annoying... because they look to be hated and they look for negative points to feed their meter... it's very annoying :/

doinkent
05-08-2012, 08:59 AM
i think i would be negative

Max Power
05-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Meh...it just becomes a junior high popularity contest.

Joeycool
05-08-2012, 09:29 AM
I like the way you think Funzio are listening to suggestions Burn :)

Feng1234
05-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Speaking of funzio there's like no one here these days at all

Burn
05-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Might be they are all spending their loot from the takeover. Started as a small company, good chance a few of them had a small stake in the company?

Maybe CCM has morphed into Leisure Suit Larry overnight. In Vegas larging it like Mack Daddy even as we speak.

G Wiz
05-08-2012, 09:45 AM
This can be both awesome and bad, depending on the thrills people want to get out of it.

I don't see why we cant give it a try though, I like the idea burn!

Swifty
05-08-2012, 09:45 AM
@doink(ent)

I would give you a positive just because you are a FNG.

Ghost818
05-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I supported this from the start! Long live Burn!

Max Power
05-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I like the way you think Funzio are listening to suggestions Burn :)

Lollerskates!

Ram
05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Who would receive the most green rep?

Nicholost
05-08-2012, 10:47 AM
On other forums you see the hated ones become more hated... and it's more annoying... because they look to be hated and they look for negative points to feed their meter... it's very annoying :/

There's some serious truth to this. On other forums, I've seen people go trolling like it's an occupation once they crossed into the negative. To combat this, the forum mods turn on only allow for positive ratings. That works fairly well.

All in all, I like the idea. As long as it isn't too badly abused, it does help new members distinguish between valuable information and rampant postings.

Burn
05-08-2012, 10:54 AM
A lot of forums like trolls, trolls generally create more posts and site traffic than reasonable people. People like to watch other people feuding. Forum owners are often slaves to numbers - they don't care who posts what, as long as someone is posting something.

This forum might be different, Funzio may not care about forum traffic. So if someone is a blatant troll, and slants their posts to that end, possibly a higher chance that they will be a victim of the CCM ban hammer.

Swearengen
05-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Seems to me it only takes a little investigating to see who knows what they are talking about and who is full of ****...

CounterSniper
05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
I like Burn's idea with Nicholost's positive only provision added.

Maybe I'm biased cuz I figure all the people whose feelings get hurt by my direct approach will just go out of their way to flame my numbers but nonetheless funzio really should consider this.

And like Swearengen says people should be able to filter the wheat from the chafe and ignore accordingly but I have lately seen a lot of noobs getting steered the wrong way in a blind leading the blind fashion.

Should we really care? A lot of people would say no, more lambs to the slaughter, but people with character do care and hate to see the young uns being led astray.

So my rambling diatribe aside I support this idea vehemently.

Sasha54
05-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Seems to me it only takes a little investigating to see who knows what they are talking about and who is full of ****...

You are correct sir!

See now someone may think I was being troll like in my post.......lol

Spartacus
05-08-2012, 02:10 PM
I support this idea. But the positive reputation only idea should be considered also. If this was active, I'd give Burn some reputation points!

Boom
05-08-2012, 02:26 PM
If this happens I wouldn't be able to post anymore... (Obviously) So, good Idea!!!

Sasha54
05-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Meh...it just becomes a junior high popularity contest.

I hated high school - lets not repeat it.......

Ghost818
05-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Long Live Burn & Nose Picker!

Swearengen
05-08-2012, 04:37 PM
I hated high school - lets not repeat it.......

While CS has some good points, I agree with Sasha54 having no desire to relive HS. But if Funzio in their wisdom go this route, positive is the best direction.