PDA

View Full Version : Defense buildings

Feng1234
05-08-2012, 04:39 AM
So... How does defense building works? Which is better to build and why? Reading through all the posts just makes me more confused!!

Bala82
05-08-2012, 04:46 AM
Please look at this

http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings

Defense (D) = Defence in the game not the actual defence
Mafia D = Actual defence you building has

Most people wait for Machine Gun Turret which unlocks at Level 19 upgrade it to level 3 to give a defence 10 per gun.
For mid level players they go for Gatling Turret which is avaliable at level 48
For high level Missile Turret which at level 100

These are best since they take little room compared other defence buildings.

one man gang
05-08-2012, 04:49 AM
Lol your going to get a good response.

I get confused to, but that's mainly because I read the first sentence and get bored. From my LIMITED understanding.... (and probably the best answer someone will bother to post in here)

They mainly work to protect you from getting robbed (not so much in getting attacked) and there is something going on where if you level them up you only get .5 the upgraded as actual defense (there is a difference to what you see and what everyone else sees)....**

** I do not expect this to be helpful in anyway, and I expect anyone that knows what they are on about to shiver at the stupidness of this post.. but at least I tried..

Maybe someone just direct him to one of the guides? lol

EDIT: I stand correct. Person above posted a much better post!

Feng1234
05-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Thanks bala and I have except the towers give a better defense than machine gun turrets as thats just bizarre. But why lvl 3?

Bala82
05-08-2012, 05:37 AM
Because it pointless upgrade it pass that level because it give false sense of your defence stats it makes you think your hood is stronger than it actually is.

CounterSniper
05-08-2012, 05:44 AM
Because it pointless upgrade it pass that level because it give false sense of your defence stats it makes you think your hood is stronger than it actually is.

Yes, this. In addition it wastes money and upgrade time for relatively minor actual benefit.

Swifty
05-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Upgraded defense buildings work as a deterrent.

Noobs like me see that big defense number and pass you by.

Feng1234
05-08-2012, 05:52 AM
So why does tower guide better stats than machine gun to?

sexkitteh
05-08-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm personally going to build 25 gats and lvl them to 10 and hide them and then build 25 gats to lvl3 and leave them in the open. I like the idea of an inflated defense... It will make people think twice...

Feng1234
05-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Fair enough but why is the stats for towers better than machine guns in the wiki? Lol that's just bizarre??

nopenopenope
05-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Each building is a balance of one over another...$$$/sq, Def/sq, collection time, etc

dudeman
05-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Fair enough but why is the stats for towers better than machine guns in the wiki? Lol that's just bizarre??

Where are you looking? I don't see anything wrong.

Feng1234
05-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Where are you looking? I don't see anything wrong.

For example, level 5 tower had tycoon defense of 50 while level 5 machine gun turret has only 44 tycoon defense.

Doesn't make sense?

dudeman
05-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Why not? Different buildings, different stats. You get to pick whichever one you think is better.

Feng1234
05-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Well prices reflect stats so the more expensive ones should have better stats yet why does the cheaper have better stats than the more expensive ones especially for something so clear cut like defensive buildings? Just bizarre and thought someone had a better explaination than just 'different buildings have different stats' answer... Lolz

nopenopenope
05-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Well prices reflect stats so the more expensive ones should have better stats yet why does the cheaper have better stats than the more expensive ones especially for something so clear cut like defensive buildings? Just bizarre and thought someone had a better explaination than just 'different buildings have different stats' answer... Lolz

they certainly do not LOLz!

murf
05-08-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm personally going to build 25 gats and lvl them to 10 and hide them and then build 25 gats to lvl3 and leave them in the open. I like the idea of an inflated defense... It will make people think twice...

I look at people's attack stats when I attack them, because I know that their true defense can't be that much greater than that....so if you intend to acquire a ton of attack explosives (evening out the two) , it might work ....my att/def is 47k/40k, so I wonder if it would work for me as well

richard118
07-09-2012, 10:18 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The question of defense building contributions to mafia attack and rob defense has come up so many times. By now, according to peacock's analysis, we know that:
defense contribution from building against rob = n + (n/2) * (L-1)
note: defense contribution from building against attack is 1/2 of above value
where n is defined as building defense at level 1 and L as actual building level.

original Peacock analysis
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol

For example, a gattling turret level 3 would yield
defense contribution from building against rob = 25 + (25/2) * (3-1) = 50
defense contribution from building against attack then is 25
{Note this is much different from actual listed defense of 200 for a level 3 turret.}

My main goal was to determine the best defense buildings to have and how far to upgrade them to increase 'true defense' as much as possible.

In the interest of precious space (unless you have such a high income that space cost doesn't matter), the 2 best non-gold defense buildings, as determined by rob defense contribution per square, are missle turrets and gattlings...no surprise there. In fact at level 1, missle turrets return 10.5 rob defense points/square. Gattling defense at level 1 is 6.25 rob defense points/square. Everything else is much lower. I believe a distant third are sniper buildings at 1.28/square.
See http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings.

A level 3 gattling costs the same amount as a level 1 missle turret in terms of rob defense gained/cost. Level 3 gattling costs $150,600 for an additional 12.5 defense points or 0.083 defense increase per $1000. Level 1 missle turret costs $500,000 for an additional 42 defense points or 0.084 defense increase per $1000.

Bottom line---> BUILD 50 GATTLINGS AND UPGRADE TO LEVEL 3. THEN START BUILDING MISSILE TURRETS AND LEAVING THEM AT LEVEL 1.
This will add to your rob defense by:
50 gattlings at level 3 = 50 x 50 = 2500
50 missle turrets at level 1 = 42 x 50 = 2100
total 4600

For those with the striker minigun, it appears that even a level 1 missle turret is cheaper than a level 4 gattling upgrade.

Brooklyn Boy
07-09-2012, 11:32 PM
I gotta tell ya I'm no expert but I have yet to see anybody including myself see any difference with your real defense between robbing and attacking. There might be a slight difference but it certainly isn't half!