PDA

View Full Version : Qs to Gold Players - spending gold on events

Aidan
05-08-2012, 03:00 AM
I would like to know how much did you guys usually spend gold on events?
Especially those that got all 10. This info will help me and others to decide whether or nor to spend gold on event. Please be honest about it and dont feel shame if you spent a lot and still didnt get all 10.

Thanks

Edit: I did spend gold on event 4 & 5.

Event 4= 200+ gold - didnt get number 10. i was at 9 at that time
Event 5= 90 gold - got number 10. same, was at 9

hound
05-08-2012, 03:06 AM
Two events ago, I used a vault of gold in attempts to reach 10. Never again! I limit myself to 15 now, just to break the "sorry" dry spell.

Aidan
05-08-2012, 03:13 AM
Did you get to 10 with the vault?

Sugarymama
05-08-2012, 03:15 AM
I used mostly gold for this event and was very successful. Got to 10, but also got lots of cash, valor, and units. Didn't get a single ally. Best event for me so far..

But I've used gold in other events, and I didn't win the Response Unit in that particular event (which i really wanted). So I truly believe there is no "science" to winning. Both gold and free players win, and also lose.

Aidan
05-08-2012, 03:22 AM
how much gold you usually spend per event?

btw, loveeee your avi..sexyy mamasita

Taranis73
05-08-2012, 03:24 AM
I used mostly gold for this event and was very successful. Got to 10, but also got lots of cash, valor, and units. Didn't get a single ally. Best event for me so far..

But I've used gold in other events, and I didn't win the Response Unit in that particular event (which i really wanted). So I truly believe there is no "science" to winning. Both gold and free players win, and also lose.

Whats the name of your avatar artist?

hound
05-08-2012, 03:26 AM
Did you get to 10 with the vault?

Nope- hence my new Avitar! I found my Lv 43 player has more "Luck" with openings then my Lv 83 player. Still have yet
to find 10...

mickymacirl
05-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Just over 600 on this event and none on the other, hence I got the 10th this time.

mickymacirl
05-08-2012, 03:29 AM

MickyMacIRL

Taranis73
05-08-2012, 05:06 AM
not you Mick, Sugarymama

Taranis73
05-08-2012, 05:08 AM
Spent 3000+ gold and only reached 9, not impressed. Really needed that boat.

and I also spent none on the other events.

mickymacirl
05-08-2012, 06:25 AM

and I also spent none on the other events.\

Ya that sucks, I just got lucky, end of. I had 178 boxes in the end... we should be able to gift them or something.

Aidan
05-08-2012, 09:09 AM
and I also spent none on the other events.

Assuming that you only used the gold to open and not reset, you have opened 200 kits! Good for you that you remain calm. Others would've freaked out and start swearing and calling names whatnot.

Jp lfs
05-08-2012, 09:16 AM
The latest event- very lucky. Probably 150-200 gold. Got to 10 in a few days mixing cash and gold.
Last event... 3000+?? Stuck on 9. Even got "Sorry's" with gold opens. No reply from support.
3rd event- Got 10. Probably 1000 gold?
2nd event... 3000+ Again stuck on 9 for 4 days. Very frustrated. Helpful answers from support.
1st event. Mixed cash and gold. Got 10. Probably 1000-1500. Hard to remember.

I am very ashamed of how much I threw away on 2 and 4 for nothing, so I may be downsizing those numbers unintentionally.

Sia
05-08-2012, 09:27 AM
I would like to know how much did you guys usually spend gold on events?
Especially those that got all 10. This info will help me and others to decide whether or nor to spend gold on event. Please be honest about it and dont feel shame if you spent a lot and still didnt get all 10.

Thanks

Edit: I did spend gold on event 4 & 5.

Event 4= 200+ gold - didnt get number 10. i was at 9 at that time
Event 5= 90 gold - got number 10. same, was at 9

I got all so far. These events approximately take 20 to 30 after 8 to get 10. The first event required 120 boxes to open but the later events were around 100 but they were all consistent on the ratio between 8 to 9 and 9 to 10.

Considering that the strategy I use and I have all events trophies is to play up to 2nd or 3rd day and up to 7 or 8 trophies and after that open boxes with gold or reset and gold. As the events went forward I have managed to tune this and my final one I spent below 450 gold to get 10. The good thing I know how far I am from it and can spend according to the time I have. Considering I can open 2 or 3 boxes per day by cash it is impossible to open 20 in 3 remaining days but very possible to reach 8 trophies with cash in short time.

My suggestion when you reach 8 consider maximum 26 to 36 more boxes and buy gold accordingly.

The other thing which is more important is to stock on boxes by pvp or pve. At beginning of both recent events I found it hard to get boxes but this gets better after 2nd day. By planning right one can avoid the panic of not having enough boxes. My next attemp would be to extend the event to 4th and 5th day and be more patient and open 6 per day by gold and on hourly basis. One need to have the 36 boxes + 30 more at the end if statistics are not in favor. Also one need to take into account how many boxes he may loose.

I had a guy attacking me and taking boxes so the 4th even (nuclear warhead) I needed to speed up opening intentionally till I had peace with the guy.

I had 113 boxes left when event ended.

Tate
05-08-2012, 09:37 AM
These events approximately take 20 to 30 after 8 to get 10. The first event required 120 boxes to open but the later events were around 100 but they were all consistent on the ratio between 8 to 9 and 9 to 10.Considering that the strategy I use and I have all events trophies is to play up to 2nd or 3rd day and up to 7 or 8 trophies and after that open boxes with gold or set and gold. As the events went forward I have managed to tune this and my final one I spent below 450 gold to get 10. The good thing I know how far I am from it and can spend according to the time I have. Considering I can open 2 or 3 boxes per day by cash it is impossible to open 20 in 3 remaining days but very possible to reach 8 trophies with cash in short time.My suggestion when you reach 8 consider maximum 26 to 36 more boxes and buy gold accordingly.The other thing which is more important is to stock on boxes by pvp or pve. At beginning of both recent events I found it hard to get boxes but this gets better after 2nd day. By planning right one can avoid the panic of not having enough boxes. My next attemp would be to extend the event to 4th and 5th day and be more patient and open 6 per day by gold and on hourly basis. I had 113 boxes left when event ended.

Well, according to this, I didn't open enough boxes this event but this is what I did so far:

T-bars 7 all cash.
Docs 10 mostly cash and 150ish gold could have been 165. Opened about 90 boxes
Plane parts 9 all cash but 45 gold.
Nukes 9 cash and about 180 gold.
Vaccines 8 so far using combo cash and about 480 gold holding out for full tilt gold t'il tomorrow!:
that was with 36 hrs remaining so add another 32 boxes with some resets and I spent a total of 960 gold to get to 9. That's NIC the 2.5 mil on cash attempts

Aidan
05-08-2012, 09:44 AM
@jp i'm guessing that on Event 1 to 4, you used gold in the last day? Seems like those who spent early will most likely get 10 quicker and much much cheaper as compared to those who wait till the last day.

@sil I've never keep tracked on how many boxes i have opened per event. I will do so in the next one. So far i've scored 2 out if 5 events. 1st with totally cash option and the latest with cash and 6 gold opens. Thanks for your tips

Jp lfs
05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
@jp i'm guessing that on Event 1 to 4, you used gold in the last day? Seems like those who spent early will most likely get 10 quicker and much much cheaper as compared to those who wait at the last day.

Yes. My results were way better when I went strong from the start. Although my free LLP got all 10 on event 4 with a couple days to spare, which made it even more frustrating to me.

Copenhagen
05-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Secret Docs - 10 (2,500 G)
Plane Parts - 8 (All cash)
Nukes - 9 (600 G)
Vaccines - 8 (not telling) 85 opens / 154 attempts

Bronson
05-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Secret Docs - 10 (2,500 G)
Plane Parts - 8 (All cash)
Nukes - 9 (600 G)
Vaccines - 8 (not telling) 85 opens / 154 attempts

I'm guessing you spent the GDP of a small island trying to get off 8 vaccines

Copenhagen
05-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm guessing you spent the GDP of a small island trying to get off 8 vaccines

Maybe Iceland after 8, but actually saved me from going Japan if I had been stuck on 9.

Thank you, Funzio!

Bronson
05-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Maybe Iceland after 8, but actually saved me from going Japan if I had been stuck on 9.

Thank you, Funzio!

From now until the final event ends being stuck on 8 will forever be known as "Doing a Copenhagen" lol

Sugarymama
05-08-2012, 10:50 AM
how much gold you usually spend per event?

btw, loveeee your avi..sexyy mamasita

Hey Aidan! Sorry for the delay in my response. Work is craaazzyyy today.

I don't know the exact amount of gold, but I definitely use gold for each event I participate in. I just don't want to risk not winning the units, so I spend. But since I've started playing MW, I have bought at least 3 - 4 vaults of gold. (ouch, that hurt just writing it...lol)

Sugarymama
05-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Her name is Assisina. All her illustrations are vixens. Real cute. I love the fact that she is diverse with her art. (Black, Latina, White)

War Priest
05-08-2012, 10:57 AM
A lot. You know how much I am spending on all future events... Zero gold! :)

Sugarymama
05-08-2012, 11:03 AM
A lot. You know how much I am spending on all future events... Zero gold! :)

What??! I don't believe you. I bet (depending on what the 10th unit is), you may spend just a little...lol.

I have a pretty good idea for future events, but I'm going to start a separate thread for it. Gonna post in when I get home in a couple of hours.

What?
05-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Spent 1500 gold on this last event and didn't get it. In my opinion this unit was one that was worth spending some money on. I probably would have spent more to get it had the drop rate for the boxes not been so piss poor this event. I simply ran out of boxes to open. My guess is they changed the rate due to players accumulating many boxes and continuing the events long after the "timer" ended. Instead of fixing the root cause they decided to reduce the drop rate. One unintended consequence of that however is more gold I probably would have spent and the money funzio would have gained was not spent due to lack of boxes to open. poor business decision in my opinion because most of the players opening boxes after the event probably aren't spending gold and those that are didn't bother because of the lack of boxes to open.

Sia
05-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Spent 1500 gold on this last event and didn't get it. In my opinion this unit was one that was worth spending some money on. I probably would have spent more to get it had the drop rate for the boxes not been so piss poor this event. I simply ran out of boxes to open. My guess is they changed the rate due to players accumulating many boxes and continuing the events long after the "timer" ended. Instead of fixing the root cause they decided to reduce the drop rate. One unintended consequence of that however is more gold I probably would have spent and the money funzio would have gained was not spent due to lack of boxes to open. poor business decision in my opinion because most of the players opening boxes after the event probably aren't spending gold and those that are didn't bother because of the lack of boxes to open.

There is something wrong in your box hunt! I had 113 boxes extra at the end of the event. Without effort you could have got 6 boxes from pve alone per full charge if at 2200. How many boxes did you open if I may ask? With 1500 you definitely opened more than 50 which should have been enough to get the kit unless some spent on energy recharge. Good luck next event

What?
05-08-2012, 12:47 PM
There is something wrong in your box hunt! I had 113 boxes extra at the end of the event. Without effort you could have got 6 boxes from pve alone per full charge if at 2200. How many boxes did you open if I may ask? With 1500 you definitely opened more than 50 which should have been enough to get the kit unless some spent on energy recharge. Good luck next event.

I opened 45 at the end. On other events I've ended with 200 or more excess boxes. I did not change anything in my strategy for getting boxes, the only thing that seemed to change was the rate at which they dropped. The prizes I did get from opening the boxes were inconsequential as my lowest unit I bring to battle is better than what I got except for the indestructible units which I had already gotten using game cash. I'm trying not to come off as complaining as I made the decision to spend the money, but these events are like a form of legalized gambling with real money and odds and everything. The only difference is in this you can be underage to participate. Maybe that is a little dramatic, but I do see some correlation.

Mcdoc
05-08-2012, 01:01 PM
I have gotten all 5 rewards.

I usually get a full vault ($99) of gold at the beginning of the event - FARM like crazy the first 4 or 5 hours to get as many boxes as i can - do resets for the first 4 or 5 hours - I usually end up with 5 or 6 successful "event items" (bars / docs / parts / vaccines / etc) in that first 6 hour push.

I also usually play from 10pm to like 4am PST - so maybe I am playing at optimal times. Then day 2 - I usually just do hourly gold opens with a single reset every hour to open 2 boxes - I also PvP a lot to get my box count up over 12 and try to keep it above 8 at all times while trying to keep no more than 15 during the 1st 3 or 4 days. By day 4 - I am usually up to 8 and slow down to alternate Gold open (no reset) - cash open - free open - rinse & repeat.

I actually got a vaccine on this past time with a free open during that process. If I get a vaccine with a gold open - I usually do the next two as cash since I have never gotten 2 "event items" back to back.

This past event - I got to eight on the 4th day - did a push of opens - resets for like 20 in a row - got my 9th - then did a half vault ($49) and go back to 2 opens every hour (thats one reset each time). I got my 10th item on the 5th day this time - so then I start banking up on the boxes to over 30 so I can coast out with cash & free opens to just get regular loot. At this point I don't care if I get a sorry because the box doesn't get consumed to I can still open them later.

Last event I went 3 days after still opening for free & cash to get cool loot - before I accidentally exited out while trying to take a pic of a base that had 2 Command centers. I am not aware of anyone getting the "event Item" after the official close of the time - but in my experience - you can go for days to still open boxes as long as you don't close the app or lose your internet connection.

So to answer your underlying question - I spend about $150 on each event - so for those of you who think luck is the key - I'd say Gold is a big help.

There - that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

EDIT: P.S. - If you don't want to spend that kind of money - but you want some really awesome units - I'd suggest just spending $29 every now and then and buying Triple Crates. Then you KNOW for a fact you will get a gold item without risk! You know you will get 3 items worth at least 50 gold each and have a good chance to pick up an item or two worth over 500 gold. Crates really do give you the biggest bang for your buck!

As far as LE's - some people like WP & I collect them from a pure "collectors" stance - or I usually just pick the air units since that is my nation bonus.

Good luck all!

RonaldPVincent
05-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Her name is Assisina. All her illustrations are vixens. Real cute. I love the fact that she is diverse with her art. (Black, Latina, White)

mmmmmm.....hips ,lips, legs and t*ts of all persuasions are welcomed

bucknut
05-08-2012, 02:33 PM
I spent 1700 gold on the falcon supersonic and 1500 on the draughtsman. I would avoid gold resets until the last hour of the event. I didn't use any gold during the first three events and never got more than 7 special items out of 10.