PDA

View Full Version : Is there ANY advantage to actually play the storyline?

Gaming Will
05-07-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm currently farming double dockers and haven't played the maps/goals (except Thug Life) in over a month. Just curious on your opinions.

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 09:17 PM
It's fun if you actually read what it says(:

But no.... no benefit, lol

EDIT: i take that back, good for leveling fast and getting to the next building unlock if you need to

Gaming Will
05-07-2012, 09:24 PM
I guess my question is about having to have a certain weapon to complete some of the later goals. I'm currently level 99 and it would be easy for me to go back to complete these things. I know it's been said before that there is no benefit to playing the storyline, because of the weak items it makes you buy.

Paulio
05-07-2012, 09:25 PM
I can't imagine that it's very beneficial other than the drops. I actually enjoyed doing the maps and plan on continuing them after level 142, at which point I won't care about leveling.

Dravak
05-07-2012, 09:29 PM
I gave up on the map missions , when the rewards are like whooping worthless loot , I rather go farm DD ...
Even if they are not dropping today >.< .

Guess can farm Ma sheng , but takes forever for me LoL , will do that when am really bored .
Once in a while I go back to do story missions , but then I miss my multiclick :( and feel depressed 0/5-0/8 missions
With a ****ty loot anyway .

So farm DD it is :p

CounterSniper
05-07-2012, 09:32 PM
They only inhibit your ability to get stronger by wasting your money on weapons you don't need at a time when you really do need the money. They also level you up to fast.

It's generally considererd much better to just farm missions for items that will help you. Use the spreadsheet to help with that.

Of course the last two maps are great for farming the bosses. I prefer only farming bosses because they are guaranteed drops. That's just cuz I had horrible luck farming m4s. If you are fairly lucky at farming random drop missions then you should go for it.

emcee
05-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Yes. The advantage is meeting Payam before he quits :)

Dravak
05-07-2012, 09:35 PM

Old news :p Payam is no more !

Maybe in 2 weeks another called Payamlive will arise :D .. and be in your level range lol .

Gaming Will
05-07-2012, 09:38 PM

From what I here that is not an advantage at all. :)

I'm getting bored, stuck at 8, not a strong economy yet, buildings are taking FOREVER to upgrade, yada, yada, yada.

Same crap, different day. Thanks for the replies and opinions.

emcee
05-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Old news :p Payam is no more !

Maybe in 2 weeks another called Payamlive will arise :D .. and be in your level range lol .

Can't wait to meet him :)
He probably needs to buy 10-20 hellfire missiles to get through my defense at level 8 with 4 mafia :p

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm obviously not a long enough forum user, do tell on who Payam is. I gather... a legend?

i need muney
05-07-2012, 09:50 PM
You can boast when you complete it and you don't get pested by that feeling...you know...

msjo
05-08-2012, 02:33 PM
This does make me sort of sad since I like the missions and think the storyline is amusing, but I agree that it isn't really good strategy. Doing the maps is how I found myself suddenly way out-classed by my rivals, forcing me to slow down leveling to try to improve my stays enough to compete. I don't really mind losing some fights and an not overly worried about win/ loss record, but want my character to be good enough for it to stay fun to fight/ rob.

I'm still super new here, but it seems like the only reason to do the missions would be to get the respect that comes from level three map completion if you have nothing else to do and don't care about leveling/ wasting money on useless equipment. Even that probably isn't a particularly efficient way to get extra respect, but at least it would convert energy to respect instead of just stamina.

AppleMacGuy
05-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Old news :p Payam is no more !Maybe in 2 weeks another called Payamlive will arise :D .. and be in your level range lol .AFAIK he's morphed into Alex & somehow dropped all mafia down to 1 it seems...this is from what I can surmise in my mafia list...but I may be wrong...

AppleMacGuy
05-08-2012, 05:11 PM
I started out doing maps when I was naive & ended up levelling wayyyy tooooo fast & suffered for some time...then discovered the forum & farming till they killed it...now @ level 200 the only use for energy is maps so I'm getting on with them...L5 mastery all the way to Boardwalk so far...but it is very tedious TBH as the rewards SUCK big style for the effort expended...talk about game balance..blah, blah, blah...nothing will be rectified here me thinks :(

jkl
05-08-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm currently farming double dockers and haven't played the maps/goals (except Thug Life) in over a month. Just curious on your opinions.

Only small advantage I see is the skill points you get for mastering a level (I think level 3 or 4). Lot of work though.... I prefer farming ma sheng personally since you get a nice respect-type item plus $1 million or so bucks every couple of days.

procsyzarc
05-08-2012, 06:03 PM
I have started doing them now only because my income is high enough I can afford to spend $5M per day on crap items I don't need and they give slightly more xp than farming. If you still need money then there is no point at all.

Gaming Will
05-08-2012, 06:52 PM
I started out doing maps when I was naive & ended up levelling wayyyy tooooo fast & suffered for some time...then discovered the forum & farming till they killed it...now @ level 200 the only use for energy is maps so I'm getting on with them...L5 mastery all the way to Boardwalk so far...but it is very tedious TBH as the rewards SUCK big style for the effort expended...talk about game balance..blah, blah, blah...nothing will be rectified here me thinks :(

This was my plan actually, but didn't want to get to end level and realize that I messed up. I just have a sinking feeling since they nerfed the farming and they are trying to get us to level (in addition to that 100 attack skill bonus).... We are missing something?

Dravak
05-08-2012, 06:54 PM
AFAIK he's morphed into Alex & somehow dropped all mafia down to 1 it seems...this is from what I can surmise in my mafia list...but I may be wrong...

No xenoke and koralene confirmed it , just curious if he has the google limted edition gun or not ?
and in what quantity ;)

But it is strange to be renamed Alex and dropped to 1 mafia lol , unless he did a chargeback or something wrong :p