PDA

View Full Version : Someone is saying that my base was built with hacker tools!

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Someone used a pic of my base in their hacker/cheater tools for Modern War on YouTube. Here is a link to the video that I have flagged to YouTube. Is there anything else I can do to bring this to YouTube's attention?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0DpUHI0c6Y

Here is the post that I posted on the video, but it's pending approval by the uploader:
If you are trying to say that your base was that in this video, you are full of it. That is my base and no hacks or cheats were used in creating it!!! This video will be reported.

Thanks WarPriest for bringing this to my attention. I feel violated.

enahs1
05-07-2012, 06:42 PM
I find this funny

Luke7676
05-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I figured someone jacked your pic and used it lmao. I wouldn't expect a hacker to be a avid forum poster haha.

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 06:48 PM
I just filed a Defamation form with them. So, everyone knew about this except me? That pic was taken a while ago, but still...

War Priest
05-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Haha, no problem buddy. Hope you get everything sorted out. Glad to see your NOT a hacker though! :)

EnjoyLife
Plus, if I used hacker tools for gold, I think I would have won at least one of these events. I'm just saying...

bigflan
Well ok that sorts our suspection

JohnnyR
05-07-2012, 06:50 PM
I find the claim funny. 3.5 mil??? I can get that loafing around, why bother with hacker tools, lol. 540k gold is insanity tho...

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 06:50 PM
I saw a picture of that base, and I'm thinking it looks very similar to mine. I've never seen a dry dock there, except on my own base...

magepker
05-07-2012, 06:51 PM
thats a lot of gold >_<

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 06:52 PM
I find the claim funny. 3.5 mil??? I can get that loafing around, why bother with hacker tools, lol. 540k gold is insanity tho...

Yeah, I collect over 7 million from income a day. I don't need 3.5 million, lol. The most gold I've ever had was ~250 gold.

JohnnyR
05-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Speaking of gold, you still free EL? That is a ton of gold!

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Speaking of gold, you still free EJ? That is a ton of gold!

Must be a ton of FREE gold, if it's mine. Yeah, I'm still a free player.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 06:57 PM
I am not seeing this "ton of gold"...? The 6K?

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 06:58 PM

LOL, yeah I saw a screenshot that you posted of your base... That was a nice amount of gold, my friend.

JohnnyR
05-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Must be a ton of FREE gold, if it's mine. Yeah, I'm still a free player.

Showing 4.8k gold on that screenshot,maybe I'm missing something here, shhesh all I can pull outta tapjoy is maybe a tenth of that! Did ya get beta?

War Priest
05-07-2012, 06:59 PM
EnjoyLife, here is another video featuring your base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPZYUI6oDs&feature=related

I think those are the only 2.

JohnnyR
05-07-2012, 06:59 PM

All in the eye of the beholder, lolol.

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 07:00 PM
That video uploader would do better if he took a screenshot of my base now. In one screenshot, he could take a pic of a Level 6 & Level 5 Oil Rig, Level 2 & Level 1 Nano Tech, Geothermal Plant, Level 5 Composites, Level 6 Infirmary, and several other buildings...

War Priest
05-07-2012, 07:01 PM
LOL, yeah I saw a screenshot that you posted of your base... That was a nice amount of gold, my friend.

I actually wonder how many times I have been reported for being a "hacker" or "cheater" for now having 27,140 gold on hand.

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 07:02 PM
EnjoyLife, here is another video featuring your base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPZYUI6oDs&feature=related

I think those are the only 2.

They have 5 videos, all with my base. I reported all 5. Thanks.

War Priest
That video uploader would do better if he took a screenshot of my base now. In one screenshot, he could take a pic of a Level 6 & Level 5 Oil Rig, Level 2 & Level 1 Nano Tech, Geothermal Plant, Level 5 Composites, Level 6 Infirmary, and several other buildings...

The thing about that is, it is a snapshot from the owners view (not saying you) because you can see the expansion arrows. You cannot see the expansion arrows of a rival or friends base, only the owners can. That's what makes it so weird.

War Priest
They have 5 videos, all with my base. I reported all 5. Thanks.

Oh, wow. You have been doing your research... :D

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Showing 4.8k gold on that screenshot,maybe I'm missing something here, shhesh all I can pull outta tapjoy is maybe a tenth of that! Did ya get beta?

I never had that much gold. Someone PhotoShopped it.

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 07:04 PM
The thing about that is, it is a snapshot from the owners view (not saying you) because you can see the expansion arrows. You cannot see the expansion arrows of a rival or friends base, only the owns can. That's what makes it so weird.

Maybe I posted a screenshot of my base in the past on this forum?!? They haven't been posted anywhere else. The only other thing I can think of is they PhotoShopped that as well. I could do that with my poor skills in PhotoShop, if my job depended on it.

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 07:06 PM
The thing about that is, it is a snapshot from the owners view (not saying you) because you can see the expansion arrows. You cannot see the expansion arrows of a rival or friends base, only the owns can. That's what makes it so weird.

I hadn't even noticed the arrows when viewing it, I was so in shock that they chose a pic of my base...

Funzio can tell though, I'm sure. Maybe they can get it straightened out with YouTube...

Copenhagen
05-07-2012, 07:07 PM
I never had that much gold. Someone PhotoShopped it.

WP has proven to be pretty handy with photo shop. :D

So are you saying that this hacker site doesn't work?

JohnnyR
05-07-2012, 07:08 PM
This thing is nuts...

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 07:08 PM

I would guess that whatever you buy from them will be full of Virii and Spyware and not work.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 07:10 PM

Haha, actually I have bad photoshop skills. I got it done and to the point but the colors and text didn't match or anything. :p

Copenhagen
05-07-2012, 07:10 PM
I would guess that whatever you buy from them will be full of Virii and Spyware and not work.

No doubt. Wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. I should have added a smiley face so you knew I was joking.

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 07:14 PM
The thing about that is, it is a snapshot from the owners view (not saying you) because you can see the expansion arrows. You cannot see the expansion arrows of a rival or friends base, only the owners can. That's what makes it so weird.

Here is where they got the pic of my base.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-17167.html?

War Priest
05-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Here is where they got the pic of my base.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-17167.html?

Yep, sure is! Wow, that is crazy that they decided to pick on you. :p

When I saw that on youtube I was like what the bleep! Went and checked out your base and sure enough, it was the exact same except the numbers. :D

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Yep, sure is! Wow, that is crazy that they decided to pick on you. :p

When I saw that on youtube I was like what the bleep! Went and checked out your base and sure enough, it was the exact same except the numbers. :D

Hey, my base takes advantage of the land as best as it can ;)

War Priest
05-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey, my base takes advantage of the land as best as it can ;)

I see that! I bet your avatar can't even walk around. Haha

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 07:25 PM
I see that! I bet your avatar can't even walk around. Haha

LOL. Can you even see your own avatar on your base? If so, well, I can't. LOL

War Priest
05-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Ok, so we proved that EnjoyLife is NOT a hacker, and we also proved that the hacking website is a joke. Haha :)

EnjoyLife
05-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Ok, so we proved that EnjoyLife is NOT a hacker, and we also proved that the hacking website is a joke. Haha :)

I am not going to the website to check. My computers are virii-free and staying that way...

War Priest
05-07-2012, 07:35 PM
I am not going to the website to check. My computers are virii-free and staying that way...

Haha, I didn't go there either but if they have to use your image and tweak it, obviously it don't work.

What?
05-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Searching for modern war hacks and find a picture of your base in the video? A while ago I stumbled across a picture of my aunt she was holding her cat and the heads were switched so she had the cats head and her cat was on her head. Pretty strange. I sent her the link and she had no idea this was on the Internet. She found it kind of creepy and an invasion of privacy since this picture was taken in her home probably by friends and someone probably posted it on Facebook and then someone else probably photoshopped it and posted it somewhere and then someone else put it on another site and so on and so on. Beware of what you do on the Internet, because you never know who is looking and what can happen.

manbeast
05-07-2012, 08:48 PM
whoever made the vid prob doesnt even play b/c 3.5 mil is nothing compared to 450k gold

War Priest
05-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Where are you guys seeing all these high numbers of gold..? The most I seen in the video was six thousand and something.

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 08:59 PM
I don't know EnjoyLife very well, but would never make assumptions.

I told WP to report what he found, and have them figure it out. He discovered these videos (BTW, why DID you search for those vidz, hmmmmm? as if you didnt have enough gold, lol)

I just hope this is not the case, would suck to see your acct scratched.

CAPT.GIN
05-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Damn that s**ts crazy!

War Priest
05-07-2012, 09:02 PM
I don't know EnjoyLife very well, but would never make assumptions.

I told WP to report what he found, and have them figure it out. He discovered these videos (BTW, why DID you search for those vidz, hmmmmm? as if you didnt have enough gold, lol)

I just hope this is not the case, would suck to see your acct scratched.

I came across it by another website. It was a modern war hack website and there was the video link in it.

You guys can call me a hacker all you want, but 27K gold doesn't mean a thing! Funzio can easily go look up my payment record to verify I am not. :D

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 09:10 PM
I came across it by another website. It was a modern war hack website and there was the video link in it.

You guys can call me a hacker all you want, but 27K gold doesn't mean a thing! Funzio can easily go look up my payment record to verify I am not. :D

and then be like "omg! we just questioned HALF of our total revenue as a CHEAT, guys! We are SOOooo sorry War Priest, heres another 1,000g(: forgive us"

haha(:

Agent Orange
05-07-2012, 09:10 PM
I wonder what trojans or virus you download clicking on that link.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 09:15 PM
I wonder what trojans or virus you download clicking on that link.

Probably a bunch since it's obviously fake. Dreno, go check it out! ;)

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Probably a bunch since it's obviously fake. Dreno, go check it out! ;)

nah, its not my kinda trojan(:

manbeast
05-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Where are you guys seeing all these high numbers of gold..? The most I seen in the video was six thousand and something.

from the videos description:

"I just received over 3,500,000 Cash and 540,000 Gold for FREE in Modern War with the hacker tools I found in this website: ***************
Easy to use and fun really!"

JMC
05-07-2012, 10:09 PM
and then be like "omg! we just questioned HALF of our total revenue as a CHEAT, guys! We are SOOooo sorry War Priest, heres another 1,000g(: forgive us"

haha(:

Actually WPs 27K plus whatever he had before is nothing compared to the big groups in the top level. Each of them probably has 500K+ gold worth of stuff.

vorm
05-07-2012, 10:10 PM
All the screen shots are obvious photoshops of the gold amount. They probably picked you because your pic just so happened to have almost all the numeric digits of white text on a the black background in the cash number, so they could just cut and paste them to make any number of a high amount of gold. In some of the other screenshots they don't even try very hard at all and just use the last 4 digits of the cash amount to be the gold amount, in another one they take the first 2 digits of the cash amount and put them with the last 2 digits of it.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Actually WPs 27K plus whatever he had before is nothing compared to the big groups in the top level. Each of them probably has 500K+ gold worth of stuff.

You know all those guys probably aren't legit "gold buyers". That's all I am saying...

JMC
05-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Well, actually they are, believe it or not, people do spend the average person's yearly wage on games like these that have no limit. Who do you think all the 'whales' are? A bunch of hackers?

War Priest
05-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Well, actually they are, believe it or not, people do spend the average person's yearly wage on games like these that have no limit. Who do you think all the 'whales' are? A bunch of hackers?

I know that. I didn't say they are all like that. I am not going into detail but I guarantee at least some of them got gold other than the legit way.

JMC
05-07-2012, 10:32 PM
There are only a couple of people that i have seen that have been able to hack gold units. In my experience, the easy thing is hacking valor units, energy and any loot units. The real hackers get the gold units, and units in files that are not actually available in the game. I have only seen 1 or 2 of these guys and they have been banned pretty quickly. These whales didn't get that strong off hacking.

There's a few obvious hackers that some people have talked about, but they all tend to be at lower levels.
Even if one of them hacked and somehow didn't get caught, there's still like 50-100 people that have spent into the tens of thousands of dollars on this game. Just saying that your 27K gold is only a high number compared to those on this forum.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 10:35 PM
I didn't say my 27K is anything like their numbers.

And your still misunderstanding. I don't mean hack gold, I mean scam gold. There is a difference.

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 10:36 PM

can you guess the percentage of people falling into this category?

1) My parents are RICH and give me everything i want

manbeast
05-07-2012, 10:36 PM
u think any of them are employees? programmers?

JMC
05-07-2012, 10:37 PM
I didn't say my 27K is anything like their numbers.

And your still misunderstanding. I don't mean hack gold, I mean scam gold. There is a difference.

Notice i didn't quote you, i quoted dreno.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 10:38 PM

I don't get it. This is the second comment I seen today talking about people getting gold from mommy and daddy. Is that everybody's default arguement?

JMC
05-07-2012, 10:39 PM

10% or so of the active players in the top category.
And actually most of them seem to be in their 50s.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Notice i didn't quote you, i quoted dreno.

I don't see any quotes. I am just saying that everybody thinks the only way people steal gold is through hacks, when there is such a word as "scamming".

War Priest
05-07-2012, 10:41 PM
u think any of them are employees? programmers?

No, I don't think that.

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't get it. This is the second comment I seen today talking about people getting gold from mommy and daddy. Is that everybody's default arguement?

I just find it harder to see that many grown men, very successful to have that amount of $ as EXTRA money, feel the need to spend on MW. With that money, doing vacations, traveling etc seems more probable for the majority... no?

JMC
05-07-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't see any quotes. I am just saying that everybody thinks the only way people steal gold is through hacks, when there is such a word as "scamming".

The original post that you started responding to was a quote.

And how would someone go about scamming gold specifically? Then how would they scam $50000 worth without being found out?

JMC
05-07-2012, 10:43 PM
I just find it harder to see that many grown men, very successful to have that amount of $ as EXTRA money, feel the need to spend on MW. With that money, doing vacations, traveling etc seems more probable for the majority... no?

They have their reasons for it, and although it makes no sense to the rest of the world, it makes sense to them.

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Dreno33

haha(:

this is what JMC quoted, right?

War Priest
05-07-2012, 10:47 PM
The original post that you started responding to was a quote.

And how would someone go about scamming gold specifically? Then how would they scam $50000 worth without being found out?

Very easily actually.

JMC
05-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Dreno33

haha(:

this is what JMC quoted, right?

Yep, i believe that is my first quote in this thread, and the whole reason that there was any response in the first place.

JMC
05-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Very easily actually.

As far as i know, people cannot buy gold for others, so how would they go about scamming gold? The only way i see it is that they could scam someone's money and then spend that money on gold, which IMO is a waste of their scheme, especially if they can make that sort of cash off it.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 10:52 PM
As far as i know, people cannot buy gold for others, so how would they go about scamming gold? The only way i see it is that they could scam someone's money and then spend that money on gold, which IMO is a waste of their scheme, especially if they can make that sort of cash off it.

No, there are other ways. They don't involve scamming Funzio, because obviously they would find out.

JMC
05-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Obviously they are not scamming funzio, but no one can buy gold for you. So how can you scam someone and get gold added to your account? Just say what you have in mind, not like we're gonna go off attempting to scam people.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Almost anything can be scammed if you put the right brains behind the operation.

Bigflan, don't be crazy and try it. Haha :p

JMC
05-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Really not thinking anyone is going to be scamming credit card companies for 50K to buy gold on MW. If they are though, they can have fun when they get caught.

JMC
05-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Almost anything can be scammed if you put the right brains behind the operation.

Bigflan, don't be crazy and try it. Haha :p

Well yeah, bigflan might try.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Really not thinking anyone is going to be scamming credit card companies for 50K to buy gold on MW. If they are though, they can have fun when they get caught.

It isn't like they are scamming for 50K all at once. This is really not that hard to undrstand. They sam the bank or card company for only a few thousand at a time.

Your thinking of fraud. Fraud and scamming are two very differnt things.

JMC
05-07-2012, 11:07 PM
It isn't like they are scamming for 50K all at once. This is really not that hard to undrstand. They sam the bank or card company for only a few thousand at a time.

which adds up to 50K in order to be a whale and be on topic about people who have hundreds of thousands of gold.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 11:08 PM
which adds up to 50K in order to be a whale and be on topic about people who have hundreds of thousands of gold.

You don't get it. Nevermind... :) Like I said, your thinking of fraud, not a scam.

manbeast
05-07-2012, 11:09 PM
maybe they work at a store like walmart and sell itunes gift cards... they use a slight of hand trick and always keep the itunes card with the money on it and use the card to get gold. BAM whale time

JMC
05-07-2012, 11:12 PM
You don't get it. Nevermind... :) Like I said, your thinking of fraud, not a scam.

If what your saying has nothing to do with someone obtaining 500000 gold i don't know why you even brought it up. I apparently don't understand that scamming smaller amounts of money over and over adds up to bigger amount of money.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 11:13 PM
maybe they work at a store like walmart and sell itunes gift cards... they use a slight of hand trick and always keep the itunes card with the money on it and use the card to get gold. BAM whale time

Haha!

I am not going to go into step by step detail but I know what I am talking about.

JMC
05-07-2012, 11:13 PM

lol someone would have to swipe like a few hundred cards for that. GL to them.

manbeast
05-07-2012, 11:15 PM
yea i know its not really feasible.. but if was the first thing to come to mind

War Priest
05-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Just because the average joe couldn't pull it off, doesn't mean nobody can.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 11:22 PM
yea i know its not really feasible.. but if was the first thing to come to mind

Haha, I am sure you could have came up with something more plausible.

JMC
05-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Im just saying, if people are going to go that far to scam that much money, they probably aren't going to be dumping it into modern war gold. Those guys up there are people with lots of spare money and nothing to do with it.

War Priest
05-07-2012, 11:46 PM
It would be as easy as getting free food from McDonalds. :p

Don't say none of you haven't done that before!

manbeast
05-08-2012, 12:03 AM
It would be as easy as getting free food from McDonalds. :p

Don't say none of you haven't done that before!
thats not verh priestly of you :P

War Priest
05-08-2012, 12:05 AM
thats not verh priestly of you :P

Not all Priests are nice!

mickymacirl
05-08-2012, 06:29 AM
McDonald's food is the worse thing to happen to humanity!

EnjoyLife
05-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Here is YouTube's response:

Hi there,

Because we are not in a position to adjudicate the veracity of postings,
we do not remove content due to allegations of defamation. Consistent with
Section 230(c) of the Communications Decency Act, we recommend that you
pursue any claims you may have directly against the person who posted the
content. If your lawsuit results in a decision against the person who
posted the content and if that court order requires us to remove the
content from our service, we will respond accordingly.

If you have concerns relating to harassment, your privacy, safety, or
other abuse issues, please visit our Abuse and Safety Center [
http://help.youtube.com/support/youtube/bin/request.py?contact_type=abuse&hl=en-US
] to help you better understand your situation as well as where to report
such content.

For help with other site-related issues, please visit our Help Center at
http://www.google.com/support/youtube/.

Sincerely,

The YouTube Team