PDA

View Full Version : Truce?

Poppins
05-07-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm hoping someone out there can enlighten me on the meaning and significance of an in-game "truce". I'm apparently guilty of violating a truce three times with a certain individual, who will remain nameless, and as a result this player is spamming my wall, as well as several other player's walls with hateful statements and false accusations. What's even more disturbing is that the majority of the CC community gives this kid some, if not total credibility.

I'll be honest, I had no intention of holding up my end of the "truce", I saw an opportunity to put a temporary muzzle on a very loud (and trusted?) member of the community, and I thoughtlessly accepted. I'm sorry that I'm not going to pass up a $2M payday over a "truce" that I made weeks ago.

Can someone honestly tell me that a truce has some sacred meaning that I'm not aware of, and warrants this kind of childish behavior? As far as I'm concerned, my only fault here was overestimating the maturity of those within the community who choose to play along with this high-school behavior.

mnju_03
05-07-2012, 05:12 PM
It's a game, get that money honey!

fuzzy
05-07-2012, 05:14 PM
I hear on on here all kinds of forum members attacking other ones.

If they are not in your mafia then it's fair game.

Boom
05-07-2012, 05:18 PM
It's part of the game.... There is no truce

Poppins
05-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Thank you! It's good to see that there's light at the end of the tunnel

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 05:21 PM
If you called a truce it's a gentlemans agreement that you chose to break.
I don't agree with spamming.
But on the other hand I don't agree with breaking an agreement. The timescale doesn't really matter.
Now you have to deal with the consequences of breaking that persons trust.
You talk about a 2m payout being unmissable?
To me I would rather have a friend in game than a 1 off payment.

Yahkin
05-07-2012, 05:22 PM
The cake is a lie.

Dravak
05-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Truce is cause he must be weaker then you poppins lol.
If he was stronger , he would already have enforced truce :p

So anyway you gave him truce , he didn't join your mafia, so feel free to rob him blind.
And if he can't stand it , then tell him to go buy gold lol .
As for wall spamming , rob him blind :p

Poppins
05-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Don't you think it's different if I was forced into the agreement to avoid these kiddy games that I am putting up with now? Like I said, I had. I intention of keeping any of these truces, and I'd agree to another if it will get this player to stop

Fricco
05-07-2012, 05:26 PM
If you dont collect on time you are asking to get taken.

CounterSniper
If you dont have the character to honor a truce then at least be man(woman) enough to refuse a truce or not ask for a truce to begin with.

edit- As to the spamming, why dont you block them &/or report them to have that stopped.

upsman_17
Truce is cause he must be weaker then you poppins lol.
If he was stronger , he would already have enforced truce :p

So anyway you gave him truce , he didn't join your mafia, so feel free to rob him blind.
And if he can't stand it , then tell him to go buy gold lol .
As for wall spamming , rob him blind :p

Truer words have never been spoken. I say the spamming alone deserves attack.

sez
05-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Don't take it personal P, come take a shot at the title! I miss you in my news feed.

Dravak
05-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Ha go on a 48 hour rampage , that will shut them up :p..

Gee Poppins , every wall spam he does , you make him or her your whipping partner :p.
It is a game getting robbed is part of it , and people still keep 40% .
If he ain't in your maffia , it is fair gain .
Anyway if you didn't rob him somebody else would .

mnju_03
05-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Don't take it personal P, come take a shot at the title! I miss you in my news feed.

If and when I can ever win against you, this will put a smile on my face.

Poppins
05-07-2012, 05:31 PM
If you dont have the character to honor a truce then at least be man(woman) enough to refuse a truce or not ask for a truce to begin with.

Like I said, it was either a temporary truce, or relive the days of middle/high school that I hated most. Do you see a third option that I'm missing?

CounterSniper
05-07-2012, 05:33 PM
yes, i updated my post .

Block them or report them. Blocking works for me and spamming is bannable so reporting would work if for some reason you are unable to block.

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Don't you think it's different if I was forced into the agreement to avoid these kiddy games that I am putting up with now? Like I said, I had. I intention of keeping any of these truces, and I'd agree to another if it will get this player to stop

To be honest I don't really know the circumstances, so is hard to comment.

I have truces with a few players who are not in my mafia. Erik from the forum for example. We have never spoke of a truce but I would never roB him as I class him as a friend. If I ever have to synch buildings etc I message him times and he does the same for me.

I have a similar arrangement with other Indians like navi ho. Even Twinkie.

To me that is far better than any one off payment and I enjoy the friendship and trust between us. You also gain respect from people that way.

You seem like a nice enough person. Don't let it gt you down. But if you play ruthless then you can expect ruthless tactics in return.

Fig Oni
05-07-2012, 05:39 PM
@OP

LOL, weren't you using the money glitch a few weeks ago and now you write a thread about truce.

Burn you see funzio don't ban cheaters.

I'm not supporting anyone in your argument but you should have been banned for cheating!!!!!!

Poppins
05-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Joey I couldn't agree more that I'd rather have a friend than a one time payout, but this player is not someone who I would ever want to be friends with, and as you probably already know all too well that I have a LOT of stamina, and never enough "meat on the table" (*apologizes for all the robbing and attacking*)

Plumbernick9
05-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Breaking your word shows what kind of a man you are.

You ain't got no balls kid.

Spartacus
05-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Breaking your word shows what kind of a man you are.

You ain't got no balls kid.

I think it's a her. so then she wouldn't have "balls".

Dravak
05-07-2012, 05:50 PM
@OP

LOL, weren't you using the money glitch a few weeks ago and now you write a thread about truce.

I'm not supporting anyone in your argument but you should have been banned for cheating!!!!!!

WoW then it is a different ball game , Fig got a good memory .
So how much were you allowed to keep Poppins ?

Cause that does piss me off , exploited stats and then buy gold to cover it up .

Poppins
05-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Well yes I could've been a "man" and not agreed to a truce in the first place, which would have landed me in the exact same position that I'm in now. is there something that I'm not seeing?

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Joey I couldn't agree more that I'd rather have a friend than a one time payout, but this player is not someone who I would ever want to be friends with, and as you probably already know all too well that I have a LOT of stamina, and never enough "meat on the table" (*apologizes for all the robbing and attacking*)

No need to apologise for the attacks poppins. It's all part of the game :)

I understand what you are saying. Perhaps you should just keep your friends close and your enemy's closer in future. Put up with people you don't want to be friends with rather than make enemy's of them.

I'm sure looking back on it you wouldn't have broken the truce huh?

I'm completely against spamming and it's out of order.

I suppose you could try talking to the person? It may be better than childish games that you mention.

Or just follow CS's advice and block them.

Poppins
05-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Wait what? Who is OP, and what are you guys talking about? I almost wanted to quit because people were doing that glitch, dont even tell me that someone is accusing me of it now. I would be more than willing for Funzio to do a thorough investigation of my account.

Whoopdido1980
05-07-2012, 05:56 PM
How can you be friends with somebody you've never met and how does having a "friend" in this game benefit you in any way? Rob and attack those weaker than you. That's the entire point of this game.

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Ah poppins. I hope you didn't use the money cheat.

enahs1
05-07-2012, 05:57 PM
OP is original poster. In is case, op is poppins

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 05:59 PM
How can you be friends with somebody you've never met and how does having a "friend" in this game benefit you in any way? Rob and attack those weaker than you. That's the entire point of this game.

Having friends in the game has its benefits like I mentioned in my post. These people will contact me when they buildings up for collection.

They are also people who I enjoy talking regularly to on the forum. Therefore I class them as friends. I'm sure you can understand that?

Whoopdido1980
05-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Having friends in the game has its benefits like I mentioned in my post. These people will contact me when they buildings up for collection.

They are also people who I enjoy talking regularly to on the forum. Therefore I class them as friends. I'm sure you can understand that?

I guess. Virtual friends is probably more accurate. Playing Tiger Woods golf on Xbox isn't playing real golf. It's virtual golf. Friends within an iPhone game aren't real friends. More like virtual friends.

Poppins
05-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Haha yeah I'm not gonna disagree with you there, I'd take it back to avoid all the pointless drama. But then again, why should any player gain immunity simply because of how loud their mouth is?

Food for thought: If the U.S. gave in to terrorist demands to prevent an attack, then they might as well declare open season on the whole country. Not quite the same scenario that we see here, but the concepts are similar.

Boom
05-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Highly doubt she uses the money glitch...

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 06:05 PM
I guess. Virtual friends is probably more accurate. Playing Tiger Woods golf on Xbox isn't playing real golf. It's virtual golf. Friends within an iPhone game aren't real friends. More like virtual friends.

Exactly. But I'm not going to write virtual in front of everything.

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Haha yeah I'm not gonna disagree with you there, I'd take it back to avoid all the pointless drama. But then again, why should any player gain immunity simply because of how loud their mouth is?

Food for thought: If the U.S. gave in to terrorist demands to prevent an attack, then they might as well declare open season on the whole country. Not quite the same scenario that we see here, but the concepts are similar.

Just ignore it them. Laugh it off. I've had my fair share of spam from payam, sandman, etc. I just laugh nd joke with other Indians about it. It's actually good fun!

Best thing to do is find someone you can talk to about it in game and joke about it with them. Find out wo else this person is bad mouthing and make friends with them. :)

Whoopdido1980
05-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Exactly. But I'm not going to write virtual in front of everything.

Ha ha. Good point. Cheers mate.

Swifty
05-07-2012, 07:30 PM
@Poppins

My advice to you would be to try to keep a lower profile.

Starting threads like this might attract unwelcome attention.

Poppins
05-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Poppins got nothing to hide, I'm just relieved that so many of you agree with me. Thanks everyone for your support!

i need muney
05-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Poppins eats kittens.

jaywalker
05-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Truce it up any day, rob them the next day, the day after and then some more. Only if they don't add you to their mafia.
The only people I don't rob is my own mafia. If they spam my wall I try to piss them off, ignore it or just rob them some more :)

/edit: I guess that means I never really agree to a truce... Only buddying up :)
/edit2: Not sure if this will flood their newsfeed or not, but some times I attack, rob, attack, rob, attack with 40+ energy hoping it will completely wipe their empire times.

Burn
05-08-2012, 12:17 AM
"Honour sinks where commerce long prevails."
Oliver Goldsmith

You said you agreed to a truce, so as Joeys says, you have a gentlemans agreement in place.

If you value your personal integrity, and are a man of honour, then your word should be as important to you as any written contract.

Sorry Poppins, I think you are in the wrong on this one.

Luciferianism
05-08-2012, 03:00 AM
Shake hands and then when their guard is down and back turned, knife them. I love it. The game is founded on trolling, by it's very nature robbing and attacking someone annoys them. May as well be a total jerk. I find it hilarious, good on you.

It ain't a truce until you're in each others mafia, that's how I see it.

one man gang
05-08-2012, 04:24 AM
Nothing says entertainment like calling a truce then seeing that their level 4 upscale club can be robbed and collecting it before someone else does. We all know you did it with a smile when you clicked on his building.

Each post on your wall is a trolling trophy. Well done to you sir!

EDIT - Only read page 1 and 5 of this thread, didnt think it was serious. I see that it is..
lmao..

Poppins
05-08-2012, 04:25 AM
I left out the part where a player in my own mafia threatened to remove me and rob me senseless if I didn't agree to the truce. So other than the fact that I was 100% forced into it with no desire to agree to it or hold up my end of the "truce", I guess I would be at fault.

one man gang
05-08-2012, 04:30 AM
So you removed him and then robbed him? priceless.

My mafia needs more men like you.. add me or I will rob you senseless....

Max Power
05-08-2012, 04:47 AM
"Honour sinks where commerce long prevails."
Oliver Goldsmith

You said you agreed to a truce, so as Joeys says, you have a gentlemans agreement in place.

If you value your personal integrity, and are a man of honour, then your word should be as important to you as any written contract.

Sorry Poppins, I think you are in the wrong on this one.

This, and dittos on what Joey said.

You weren't forced into anything Poppins, and if you gave your word, you should honor your word.

It appears you are the one that needs to grow up.

Burn
05-08-2012, 05:05 AM
Actually I just read the earlier parts of the thread where Fig says Poppins is a glitch cheat.

If that's true, forget the thing about honour, you have none.

If it isn't true, ignore the above and please accept my apologies.

But all cheats are dogs. I was careful not to use Rats there - didn't want any unnecessary tears before bedtime.

Poppins
05-08-2012, 05:11 AM
Ok fine, you guys have a point, I should've never agreed in the first place, lesson learned.

But come on now, the game is based around attacking and robbing, why is anyone putting truces in place to begin with? And when you break a truce, it shouldn't result in a small army within the community turning against you, and not just attacking/robbing, but also spreading rumors and doing everything they can to make you hated by as many people as possible. This makes it hard to interact with others, or what some of you refer to as making "virtual" friends, which I honestly think is one of the best parts about playing CC.

Poppins
05-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Again, no idea how I somehow was accused of cheating or where that started. Do me a favor and go report me, if thats what itll take to convince you. I don't know what grounds you would have or what you would claim to be suspicious. I have 100% faith in Funzio's ability to conduct a proper investigation.

Swifty
05-08-2012, 05:54 AM
@Poppins

Hating on people is part of the forum experience. See my previous advice. Why would you invite this?

Joe Brown1
05-08-2012, 06:23 AM
If you look up "truce", it is generally defined as a temporary suspension in hostilities. Almost every truce ever made was either broken or finalized in a treaty(i.e. join each other's mafia). I would always expect a truce to be broken at somepoint unless as someone said you join each other's mafia. Not sure what the big issue is here.

Burn
05-08-2012, 06:29 AM
I just wanna know who the other party was.

Then I'll make my decision based purely on my own personal bias :D

Swifty
05-08-2012, 06:34 AM
+1 Burn

If it was Payam, then Poppins is the hero in this story.

Joeycool
05-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Ok fine, you guys have a point, I should've never agreed in the first place, lesson learned.

But come on now, the game is based around attacking and robbing, why is anyone putting truces in place to begin with? And when you break a truce, it shouldn't result in a small army within the community turning against you, and not just attacking/robbing, but also spreading rumors and doing everything they can to make you hated by as many people as possible. This makes it hard to interact with others, or what some of you refer to as making "virtual" friends, which I honestly think is one of the best parts about playing CC.

I dont believe you are a cheat having seen your inventory and hood Poppins. I'll be your virtual friend. Dont get upset! ;)

Dillinja
05-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Again, no idea how I somehow was accused of cheating or where that started. Do me a favor and go report me, if thats what itll take to convince you. I don't know what grounds you would have or what you would claim to be suspicious. I have 100% faith in Funzio's ability to conduct a proper investigation.

Poppins, why should you care who thinks what. If someone has a problem with what you do/dont do...let them deal with it. If someone cant deal with getting beat to a pulp or having a truce broken on them, let them know they will have to face a whole lot worse in real life and learn to deal with it.

You play the game you want and be under no illusion, besides a select few everyone else would have done the same as you....it's just easier to have a holier than thou attitude when judging someone else as opposed to yourself.

I really didnt want to post in this thread, but having read the amount of bs and hypocrisy from some people...I just had to

Swifty
05-08-2012, 06:58 AM
@Dillinja

we always enjoy hearing from you

Dillinja
05-08-2012, 07:05 AM
@Dillinja

we always enjoy hearing from you
Really? love your sarcasm...You have a pm waiting btw....

Burn
05-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Leave Dillinja alone. He is in mourning. And grumpier than usual.

Definitely a goal. Maybe. Well it was close anyway. Certainly the nearest I've ever seen to being a goal without the ball actually crossing the line.

:cool:

Max Power
05-08-2012, 07:21 AM
+1 Burn

If it was Payam, then Poppins is the hero in this story.

It's not Payam.

Not sure if it is a forum member or not, but if it is, their forum name isn't the same as their in game name.

It's simple, if you tell someone you wont attack them, don't attack them. It's true in games, it's true in life.

I have many truces in this game, and they aren't treaties because once someone is in your mob, they kinda disappear that way. There a number of people I am reminded to say "Hi" to because they pop up on my wall.

Hell, once jlk, fellow rat catcher, robbed my nightclub by accident, and I said "hey bro, what's up?". He promptly withdrew a few million and attacked me, knowing he would lose, ten times in a row so as to deposit 300k into my pocket. I told him what a mensch he was, and he replied that there is "honor among thieves".

That's what truces are all about, not deciding to conveniently ignore it when a cookie is in front of your face.

And then to whine about the blowback is extra special. Jesus, why does this thread even exist?

Uberdork
05-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Dear Poppins, yesterday you took my palm hotels about 10 seconds before I got there. Can I have a truce? JK! Someday I'll get you back. ;)

Dillinja
05-08-2012, 07:23 AM
Leave Dillinja alone. He is in mourning. And grumpier than usual.

Definitely a goal. Maybe. Well it was close anyway. Certainly the nearest I've ever seen to being a goal without the ball actually crossing the line.

:cool:

Go Fcuk yourself....
xxx

PS - I know thats the reaction you was hoping for...I hate to disappoint.

rareay84
05-08-2012, 07:28 AM
When you make a truce, it could be broken. That's life.
When you break a truce, you could get spammed, and your deeds could get widely known. That's life.

Why is this so hard?

Joeycool
05-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Hell, once jlk, fellow rat catcher, robbed my nightclub by accident, and I said "hey bro, what's up?". He promptly withdrew a few million and attacked me, knowing he would lose, ten times in a row so as to deposit 300k into my pocket. I told him what a mensch he was, and he replied that there is "honor among thieves".

Do you mean JKL max? If so I love that guy!

Burn
05-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Haha, genuine intake of breath for a second there. First time that's happened here. Good shooting Old Scouse.

Max Power
05-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Do you mean JKL max? If so I love that guy!

Yup, my bad. Fat fingers this am.

Burn
05-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Hell, once JKL, fellow rat catcher, robbed my nightclub by accident, and I said "hey bro, what's up?". He promptly withdrew a few million and attacked me, knowing he would lose, ten times in a row so as to deposit 300k into my pocket. I told him what a mensch he was, and he replied that there is "honor among thieves".

That's what truces are all about, not deciding to conveniently ignore it when a cookie is in front of your face.

Cool story, love it.

Honor Among Thieves is the perfect counter to the catch-all excuse of "it is a game of attacking and robbery".

Max Power
05-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Cool story, love it.

Honor Among Thieves is the perfect counter to the catch-all excuse of "it is a game of attacking and robbery".

Yup, it all comes down to doing what you say you will do. If you have no intention of honoring a truce, don't enter one.

Babytway
05-08-2012, 07:42 AM
2mil payout i would have to go for it, truce or not i couldn't pass that up. if you got the stats to handle the fight afterwards then its really not a problem or if you not worried about losses and your collections times are almost perfect then forget the truce and go on a robbing spree.

Fricco
05-08-2012, 07:44 AM

This is something that will and has to happened,
I've robbed members who say they rob other members and i also attempt to alert fellow forum friends (no virtual)
i even tried to let Max clean me out when syncing . He can vouch ive warned him of both Night Clubs just recently.
I also have robbed bruisers 2 NC, i was a bit of his punching bag on his way to complete TL, never once did i ***** or complain because i understand this is that type of game it is.

* the 5.4 mil i pulled off someone i thought was a forum member is not so i do feel better about that.

sez
05-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Yup, it all comes down to doing what you say you will do. If you have no intention of honoring a truce, don't enter one.

I agree. I like Poppins, She/He whatever is a strong player. Poppins attacks me but makes a cool joke about it and we kept it going. I also let her know when my buildings were not able to be collected. However, if you are not hip to the politics of the game by now then you're a noob. You have to take other things into account when going after a player, there friends, there attitude, etc. The player Poppins is talking about talks to a lot of people in game, since this player does not have the stats to battle Poppins with attacks/robs he used the other option available to him and let everyone know what Poppins did. I've been involved with more trival fueds then this, Poppins broke an agreement, Poppins should have thought about what could happen before doing so.

Dillinja
05-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Cool story, love it.

Honour among thieves? geezer puleeeze. Not even the author of that idiotic idiom had any honour himself.

Babytway
05-08-2012, 08:05 AM
breaking truce is okay, but if you play like me, no strategy, no game plan, no hopes, no dreams, no expectations, then you have nothing to worry about. just go out and attack and rob whoever, take the beating that follows and play again in a few hours and do it all over again

sez
05-08-2012, 08:12 AM
breaking truce is okay, but if you play like me, no strategy, no game plan, no hopes, no dreams, no expectations, then you have nothing to worry about. just go out and attack and rob whoever, take the beating that follows and play again in a few hours and do it all over again

I also think it's cool, posting a thread looking for validation and someone to wipe away your tears is not.

sexkitteh
05-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Attack the spammer! And you can always sink to their level and spam back o_0

Someone was spamming my wall cause I apparently attack their "boyfriend"... cry me a river... I'm witty with my words though... I put that h03 in her place t(>.<t) and then attacked everyone I originally attacked a second and third time :D

Burn
05-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Each to their own I suppose.

I wouldn't knowingly attack an active Forum User (Hatter got done for sport) - unless they were a 499 Rat, and then I'll decide if I like them or not first.

I certainly wouldn't ever knowingly attack a Rat Catcher.

Plenty of people to hit without having to turn on your own.

Some people are outside of these rules...

Tway can rob me without me being upset about it, she is hardly shy about the fact she would steal her own Granmas teeth :cool:

Rats, I would fully expect them to Rob me until I turn blue - but that's a situation of my own making.

BUT... if I made a truce with someone, I wouldn't go back on it. How can you trust someone that says one thing and then does another? Bad form in my book.

sexkitteh
05-08-2012, 08:24 AM
I remember my first day on the forum... mnju was like... WE ARE SAME LEVEL! I'M GOING TO ATTACK YOU!!!

I was like f@k that! And I added him to my friends list ^^

Amber_
05-08-2012, 08:32 AM
@OP

How do you know poppin's a cheater?

Maniaxe
05-08-2012, 08:37 AM
If you want to go back on your word then that's your call, I am focused on my score card not yours.

Call me out dated but I believe in a mans honor. At the end of the day if you have nothing left but your word, then your word had better have some merit to it.

sexkitteh
05-08-2012, 08:42 AM
If you want to go back on your word then that's your call, I am focused on my score card not yours.

Call me out dated but I believe in a mans honor. At the end of the day if you have nothing left but your word, then your word had better have some merit to it.

Man's honor? Have you seen some of the crap that gets posted on walls... it's like 9 year olds complaining over a game...

If this was a straight adult game and we be playing for some cash... yeah... honor is respectable... but it's a game on a PHONE with no real consequences... in fact... once you level you probably never see that same person again...

sez
05-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Man's honor? Have you seen some of the crap that gets posted on walls... it's like 9 year olds complaining over a game...

If this was a straight adult game and we be playing for some cash... yeah... honor is respectable... but it's a game on a PHONE with no real consequences... in fact... once you level you probably never see that same person again...

No, you will be with the same group of people for months, maybe a year.

sexkitteh
05-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Oh well... then attack them or friend them lol

Rhino72
05-08-2012, 08:54 AM
If somehow you agree to a truce you should keep it and then give them warning the next time you see their hood all juiced up that you are robbing it and breaking the truce.

As for some of the other comments in the thread, come on robbing forum members makes the game so much more personal. I always feel good when a fellow forum members contributes to a build or upgrade. Forum members stick out and add a little flair to the avatar. Who doesn't think of Amber's tatoo as I (oops I mean you) take down the wedding chapels just hoping those 12 / 24 and 48s are left open?

Labradorite
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
You really can tell who's who from this thread, and whose words you can trust from now on. Even it is just a game, but real people are acting and talking. Showing their true colors behind avatars. Amazing...

Vince the Fist
05-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Like I said, it was either a temporary truce, or relive the days of middle/high school that I hated most. Do you see a third option that I'm missing?

LOL! Oh the irony! The third option is staring you in the face. If all else fails, whinge on the forum about it! It's a time honored tradition afterall.

Dorian Gray
05-11-2012, 01:12 PM

You act like they're NPCs. They're still 'real' people. You can't form a real friendship with them because you met them through a game or online? Seems like an outdated notion to me. I went to see a concert with a 'friend' I made on xbox live and his wife when they came up to Chicago on vacation. Oh yeah, it was a real concert, not virtual. lol :p

procsyzarc
05-11-2012, 01:18 PM
No idea why people get so uptight about being attacked or robbed. When I see a forum member get a good payday from me just think good on them better they get it than some random person. Got robbed for a little over 9m by one person this morning being the weekend and not being prepared to set an alarm just to collect from an app and couldn't help but smile I knew the buildings would be robbed but probably made his day.

Johnny70
05-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Hello everyone I am Johnny level 167 some of you know me some of you dont so for those of you who dont let me introduce myself I am 52 years young I have been married for 28 years, we have four children three grown two live close and one lives in AZ. and one is going to school and lives at home part time. I own a small trucking company in Madison, Wisconsin. I am not the most educated person around I only have a high school diploma but I have 52 years of life education. I am an honest person I do not lie and I do not tell lies about other people. I try to befriend everyone I do my best to help anyone that asks and also many that dont both in life and in this game, every single person I have had personal contact or conversation with in this game will tell you that... well almost everyone probably the person who started this thread wont but i dont believe poppins knows how to tell the truth so since I am the person he, yes he didnt name... gee poppins why exactly didnt you name me? I think I can answer that... because everyone that knows me would know you are full of ****.. here are the facts i have never seen poppins on my rivals list ever he attacked me and I was stronger he lost I attacked and robbed him from my news feed he she it asked for the first truce and then built its stats to very close to mine and then robbed me, back stabbing snake I asked him her it why and it replied it was a mistake and it was sorry.. ok im a nice guy truce number two.. two days later it robbed me again I did not ask for a truce I asked yan to boot it from his mob and attack it because of what it had done he asked me to not attack and rob her.. I did not want the third truce but out of respect for yan I agreed I was still able to rob it at will and 10-0 fight her it whatever,.. one week went by and it came and robbed me again only this time its stats were just a little higher than the last time.. when it stabbed me in the back the third time I told it that it would never be over and I would never be her friend.. the next day it went from 75000 stats to over 100,000 and has robbed me and attacked me every chance it has gotten and still is pretty much every hour... I have never spammed its wall that is another lie I have left plenty of messages but far less than every time it attacks or robs me I am not the only person she does this to. she accused me of calling her 'every name in the book" before I ever called her him it anything I have to this point only called it a giant piece of **** and a lier both in my opinion true and then it comes on here and lies about the whole deal. you better believe I have asked every single person that I know that can beat it to please do.. it more than deserves it... my opinion on you people saying this is just vertual? you confuse me there are you talking about some other game because this is not like that this is personal interaction with other people isnt it? that being said everyone deserves the integrity and respect you show the common man on the street we are not playing this game against bots we are playing this game with other people and yes the way you treat others does say something about you there is no excuse for the low life back stabbing juvinile behavior this person displays and then comes on here and says I am playing high school games and need to grow up? poppins the fact is actions speak louder than words my actions are genuine, respectful and real. my words are the truth. your actions are all about deciet your words are all lies and half truths you have blown up many many millions of explosives on my game big deal thats what they are there for I get my enjoyment from the people in the game. Poppins I will always fight low life pond scum like you in this game and in real life. I hope you have an endless supply of itunes cards because I do remember I said I own a trucking company? yeah well I have all three of my trucks fill their tanks at speedway stations.. speedy rewards supply me with $100.00 - $200.00 free itunes cards every week thats why my stats go up every week you can beat me now but I have friends and before long ill beat you again so what? the real difference is you spend all your time all mad and full of rage and obviously spend a lot of time thinking about me and you spent a bunch of money just to beat me? how pathetic is that? yeah dude I played you it was easy people like you are to predictable you are your own worst enemy sure you can annoy me in the game and you can cost me game money but what exactly was the cost? you have no integrity your word is worthless you have exposed yourself with your childish actions you want to end this? grow the **** up apoligise and mean it and conduct yourself with some selfrespect and respect for others stop ****ing lying all the time stop crying about people kicking the **** out of you you deserve it I dont deserve the bull**** you are doing to me but im not being a ****ing baby crying and lying about it on the forum that again is you. back to talking to everybody else. by all means talk to people and ask them about me I am a peacemaker not a bull**** maker like poppins. sorry about my spelling I tried spell check but it says I need to install some program or something... I am sorry it took me so long to answer this thread I knew nothing about it untill a few hours ago and i wasnt home.. I do ask everyone that reads this to do some checking with people and come to your own conclusions then anyone that is able to beat the **** out of and rob poppins to please bring it the pain it deserves, if you conclude that i am to blame for any of this by all means come and beat the **** out of me at least I would be getting my ass kicked by somebody who has the balls to not lie about it... any questions my email is racecar70@msn.com put something in the subject line because it will be delivered to my junk box but I look through that often I am not on the forum very much because I dont really understand how to navigate it. thanks for taking the time to listen to my side. PEACE!

CounterSniper
05-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Johnny, I would like to read what you wrote but it hurts my eyes.

Perhaps you could edit that comment to include paragraphs.

Thanks.

Babytway
05-11-2012, 09:04 PM
+1 CS i just passed by and read your comment lmao

Plumbernick9
05-11-2012, 09:13 PM
TL;DR.....l

The Hydra
05-11-2012, 10:22 PM
I'll be honest, I had no intention of holding up my end of the "truce", I saw an opportunity to put a temporary muzzle on a very loud (and trusted?) member of the community, and I thoughtlessly accepted. I'm sorry that I'm not going to pass up a $2M payday over a "truce" that I made weeks ago.

Right on. No respect for whiners. What is the fool's name? I will destroy him.

Paulio
05-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Johnny, I would like to read what you wrote but it hurts my eyes.

Perhaps you could edit that comment to include paragraphs.

Thanks.

Long story short: Johnny is the guy that Poppins is talking about and wants the forum to hear his side of the story. He's a 50-something yr old family man and owns a trucking company (more about that later). He's a self-proclaimed honest and friendly guy who enjoys playing CC. Apparently, Poppins attacked him first and lost. Then, Johnny used his newsfeed for a little revenge and robbery. Poppins was the one who initially asked for the truce, and in the interim, built his/her/it's stats (Johnny's words, not mine). Once the stats were built, Poppins quickly dropped Johnny from his/her/it's mafia and attacked him. When Johhny asked what was up, Poppins said it was an accident and wanted to join mafia again. The forgiving Johhny gave Poppins another chance. That is until Poppins dropped Johnny a 2nd time and began relentless attacks. Johnny came back and spanked that ass, after which, Poppins asked for a third truce. Out of respect for a common mafia member, Johhny reluctantly granted Poppins another pardon and re-re-added him/her/it (remember, Johhny's words, not mine) to his mafia. Once again, Poppins built up stats, from 75k att to 100k att, dropped Johnny from the Poppins mafia and the war was officially on!

Johnny also alleges that he never spammed Poppins wall, nor anyone else's for that matter, rather, it was Poppins that was throwing all the vulgarity. Oh, remember that trucking company? A fringe benefit of owning said company is free iTunes cards, which Johhny has earmarked to smash on Poppins.

I would be curious to know if anybody here is mobbed up with either of these folk so we can see who's telling the truth.

<3 Hz
05-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Backstabbing? We talkin about Alfie up in here?

Some of you all take this too seriously (& even spend too much money). Go down to the local Chevy dealer, take your month's worth of earmarked Funzio spending and go buy a 2012 Corvette ZR-1 coupe. Do some burnouts at the local ricer hangouts & have some fun instead of stressin over this game.

Vince the Fist
05-12-2012, 12:47 AM
I would be curious to know if anybody here is mobbed up with either of these folk so we can see who's telling the truth.

Hi all, Vince from lvl 189 here. I think there was a truce on each occasion rather than their being in each others mobs. Poppins has over 1000 Mafia and Johnny might by now too so unless the ghost mafia bug is fixed their being in each others mafia won't make much difference.

I have known Johnny for a long time and have no Reason to doubt what he is says about Poppins breaking a truce with him and backstabbing him three times is completely true, with the usual allowance for light and shade. He is indeed a well known and trusted community member in the shark pool.

I have only known of Poppins for about a month and only conversed with him/her the last few days. I don't find the truce breaking described by Johnny at all surprising given my interactions with him/her.

Anyway, as Johnny mentions, Yan Tow Huat kicked Poppins from his mafia for breaking the truce. Yan has confirmed this with me. I have known Yan for well over 6 months now. He is a man Of his word. Johnny could have no better witness to corroborate his story. Case closed.

Anyway as unpleasant as this may be for all the actors involved its part of what makes CC such an entertaining game. I must get back to the game now to see if I can rob Poppins again, more than $1.5 m robbed from him/her in the last day by me alone. I am one of many players helping Johnny get his revenge. Not that Johnny asked me. It just seems like the right thing to do! LOL!

Dillinja
05-12-2012, 12:54 AM
I know Poppins side of the story and now I have skimmed Johnny's post ( no way in the world can anyone read that in one sitting)
There's a lot of wrongs that need to be righted and I think it's best to give it some time for both to reflect the next move.

#vent
One thing I dont appreciate is ppl ganging up on 1 person just because one of their virtual friends has an issue with that person. I aint talking about gang war, i'm talking about 5+ on 1. This aint gangbang city
You can try and justify it as much as you want but I just aint buying it. You can choose to play it that way, but in my eyes you're a pusseh.

Burn
05-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Just read Johnny post in full, out of pure nosiness as much as anything.

I like Johnny.

I'm not so sure I like Poppins.

Not that my approval matters in the slightest, I'm just commenting.

Dravak
05-12-2012, 01:30 AM
Sorry seems Johnny did give poppins three chances , and now declares full time .
Nothing wrong with that , I would do the same .

Poppins it is going to be a long war , and one that probaly going to cost a lot of RL money :p

emcee
05-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Reading Johnny's post is like watching Braveheart.

Based on limited info and the OP admitting to breaking truce I'm going to join Wallace camp.

Johnno
05-12-2012, 02:08 AM
I have known Johnny since early days. I actually introduced him to this forum and am quite surprised he hasn't commented more as he is quite knowledgeable. We touch base quite regularly and he has always been fair. His stats have since surpassed mine but he is a genuinely friendly guy. I am more than happy to vouch for his character and attitude in the game. All I can say is that when Johnny commented to me that he was having troubles with this poppins, I started getting attacked by poppins too. Kind of felt a bit spiteful.

Joeycool
05-12-2012, 03:52 AM
The plot thickens on this one! I always stated that I dont think truces should be broken. But thats just my personal opinion.

I like Johnny...

And I like Poppins...

But who is best?

There is only one way to find out! FIGHT!!!!!

(that may be lost on you unless you live in the UK)

Dravak
05-12-2012, 04:24 AM
Think Poppins just doesnīt understand Johnny that is the problem ..

Poppins some people play this for the fun or the slogan honour among thieves ...
While poppins believes all is fair in love and war . including slander .

Two different mentalities , just now she gone too far with Johnny and has to back it up soon with more cash .
Since Johnny going to put every week 100-200$ itunes voucher in this game , till the day game ends to beat poppins.

Sadly Poppins there is no way out anymore :P then fight it out .. till somebody become the other persons Biatch ;)
So real P2W style , didnīt think it would happen in Crime City LMAO .

upsman_17
05-12-2012, 06:27 AM
How about you cash those iTunes gift cards in, find out where Poppins lives, fly/drive there, hook up and fight for real. Then you could stream video online so the forum could see CC play out in real life. IMO a much better use of real money than what you are planning. I too use points credit cards in my businesses that build up combined about 1.5K USD a month in cash back bonuses. Instead of pumping it into a free app, I make extra mortgage payments so we can pay our house off 8 years quicker and retire early. Just sayin.

Robin Hood
05-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Backstabbing? We talkin about Alfie up in here?

Some of you all take this too seriously (& even spend too much money). Go down to the local Chevy dealer, take your month's worth of earmarked Funzio spending and go buy a 2012 Corvette ZR-1 coupe. Do some burnouts at the local ricer hangouts & have some fun instead of stressin over this game.

+100 Hz

Or better yet, buy your mother something nice and preferably non-pixelated this weekend ... I don't think the Midas Machine Gun would mean much to her.

Max Power
05-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Johnny's Post:

Hello everyone I am Johnny level 167 some of you know me some of you dont so for those of you who dont let me introduce myself. I am 52 years young I have been married for 28 years, we have four children, three grown, two live close and one lives in AZ and one is going to school and lives at home part time. I own a small trucking company in Madison, Wisconsin.

I am not the most educated person around I only have a high school diploma but I have 52 years of life education. I am an honest person I do not lie and I do not tell lies about other people. I try to befriend everyone. I do my best to help anyone that asks and also many that dont both in life and in this game, every single person I have had personal contact or conversation with in this game will tell you that... well almost everyone, probably the person who started this thread wont but i dont believe poppins knows how to tell the truth so since I am the person he, yes he didnt name... gee poppins why exactly didnt you name me?

I think I can answer that... because everyone that knows me would know you are full of ****... here are the facts: I have never seen poppins on my rivals list ever, he attacked me and I was stronger he lost. I attacked and robbed him from my news feed he she it asked for the first truce and then built her stats to be very close to mine and then robbed me, back stabbing snake. I asked him her it why and it replied it was a mistake and she was sorry. OK im a nice guy truce number two.. two days later she robbed me again. I did not ask for a truce. I asked yan to boot her from his mob and attack it because of what she had done. He asked me to not attack and rob her. I did not want the third truce but out of respect for yan I agreed. I was still able to rob her at will and 10-0 fight her it whatever,.. one week went by and she came and robbed me again only this time her stats were just a little higher than the last time.. when she stabbed me in the back the third time I told it that it would never be over and I would never be her friend..

The next day she went from 75000 stats to over 100,000 and has robbed me and attacked me every chance she has gotten and still is pretty much every hour. I have never spammed her wall, that is another lie. I have left plenty of messages but far less than every time she attacks or robs me. I am not the only person she does this to. She accused me of calling her 'every name in the book" before I ever called her him it anything. I have to this point only called her a giant piece of **** and a liar both in my opinion true and then it comes on here and lies about the whole deal.

You better believe I have asked every single person that I know that can beat her to please do.. she more than deserves it... my opinion on you people saying this is just virtual? You confuse me. There are you talking about some other game because this is not like that this is personal interaction with other people isnt it?

That being said everyone deserves the integrity and respect you show the common man on the street. We are not playing this game against bots, we are playing this game with other people and yes, the way you treat others does say something about you. There is no excuse for the low life back stabbing juvenile behavior this person displays and then comes on here and says I am playing high school games and need to grow up?

Poppins the fact is actions speak louder than words. My actions are genuine, respectful and real. My words are the truth. Your actions are all about deceit, your words are all lies and half truths. You have blown up many many millions of explosives on my game. Big deal thats what they are there for. I get my enjoyment from the people in the game.

Poppins, I will always fight low life pond scum like you in this game and in real life. I hope you have an endless supply of itunes cards because I do. Remember I said I own a trucking company? Yeah well I have all three of my trucks fill their tanks at Speedway stations.. speedy rewards supply me with $100.00 - $200.00 free itunes cards every week. Thats why my stats go up every week. You can beat me now but I have friends and before long ill beat you again, so what?

The real difference is you spend all your time all mad and full of rage and obviously spend a lot of time thinking about me and you spent a bunch of money just to beat me? How pathetic is that? Yeah dudette, I played you it was easy people like you are to predictable. You are your own worst enemy. Sure you can annoy me in the game and you can cost me game money but what exactly was the cost? You have no integrity, your word is worthless, you have exposed yourself with your childish actions. You want to end this?

Grow the **** up, apoligise and mean it and conduct yourself with some selfrespect and respect for others. Stop ****ing lying all the time, stop crying about people kicking the **** out of you. You deserve it. I dont deserve the bull**** you are doing to me but im not being a ****ing baby crying and lying about it on the forum that again is you.

Back to talking to everybody else.... by all means talk to people and ask them about me I am a peacemaker not a bull**** maker like poppins. Sorry about my spelling I tried spell check but it says I need to install some program or something... I am sorry it took me so long to answer this thread I knew nothing about it untill a few hours ago and I wasnt home. I do ask everyone that reads this to do some checking with people and come to your own conclusions then anyone that is able to beat the **** out of and rob poppins too. Please bring her the pain she deserves. If you conclude that I am to blame for any of this by all means come and beat the **** out of me. At least I would be getting my ass kicked by somebody who has the balls to not lie about it.

Any questions my email is racecar70@msn.com. Put something in the subject line because it will be delivered to my junk box but I look through that often. I am not on the forum very much because I dont really understand how to navigate it. Thanks for taking the time to listen to my side. PEACE!

J-Rizzi
05-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Truce is only relevant if he adds you to his mafia. I actually asked someone for a truce last night, and I was up on him $550K vs. $15K since our nonsense started a few days ago. He ignored my message and attacked me repeatedly last night netting a grand total of $500. Then this morning I robbed his brownstone for $18,000. So at this rate, just do what makes you happy, it's just a game.

paul
05-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Poppins didn't only break 3 truces with Johnny, he also drew me in, joined my mob and then dropped me when he knew he could clear $900k. A truce was made which also was broken by him. I warned Johnny and the war began.

Poppins is a liar, pretended to be a girl, but really is a guy. Pretended to be a friend while plotting my demise. Pretended to be at truce when, by his own admission never intended to keep it. And last week, bought a teepee pretending to be an Indian, knowing that all the Indians are after him.

Some play this game with a no rules attitude and applaud his duplicitous chicanery as good strategy. Others, like myself, Johnny and at least 1 other player I know with whom he also broke a truce, believe that there is a sense of fair play, joining your mob and your word should mean something. It's one thing to attack and rob someone weaker and quite another to trick them, intentionally deceive them and then sucker punch them endlessly every 1-2 hours just because he can.

No one other than the terrorist himself-Poppins, is crying about this and outrageously asking for vindication for his terrorist actions. However, since he has chosen to act in this manner, Poppins shall be HELD ACCOUNTABLE and no one can fault Johnny, me or anyone else from warning other players of his total untrustworthy anf deceitful behavior and terrorist activities.

Johnny70
05-12-2012, 05:54 PM
yeah bro these are not points credit cards it is a rewards program speedway offers you can only use the points for in store purchases they happen to sell itunes cards.. my house has been paid off since 2002 when my mother passed away... I tried retirment in 2006 didnt take, like i said I dont use real money for this game. I work basicly three days a week we take our rv to AZ to visit our daughter pretty much when ever we feel like it.. I live a pretty blessed life I have been lucky to own businesses that were not hurt by the down turn in the economy. I race stock cars locally as a hobby and have many friends and a close family these are my true riches in life it is nice to not have to worry about money problems... but helping others and doing charity work with our racing program is far more rewarding than monitary value.... I for sure am not a saint I have made plenty of mistakes in my life but I learn from them.. we all learn life lessons every day as long as we are open to them, I hope poppins learns some from this experiance! peace!

Dravak
05-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Johnny don't back down no matter what people say , it is backing down of principles in persuit of never ending selfisheness and greed , that gotten the world in this mess ..

So do what you think is right as long you are wholly commited to it .
See sometimes a statement cost money , but as long you wholly support the statement , it can't be wrong .
Look like poppins cause he/she/it , is just another side of today, new society product .

Poppins cannot accept defeat , draw or anything else of common sense .
You don't have to worry about hurting those kind of people feeling , cause they will not accept anything else then victory , no matter how long they have to skulk .