PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm after a bit of advice from you all please. Just wondered what you would do if you were in my Situation.

On the 29th (9 days ago) of April I attempted to buy a vault of gold. I went through the process but the Gold didnt get added to my account. As I did not get credited the gold I tried again to purchase a vault of Gold and the transaction went straight through and 1500G got added to my account.

Then Just after midnight I got two iTunes invoices come through to me for £55 pounds each. In other words I have been charged for 2 vaults of gold.

I immediately emailed Funzio to ask them for a refund for the gold that didnt get credited to my account. I stated in the email that if I got charged for 2 vaults it would cause me to go overdrawn on my bank account.

I waited for 5 days with no response. I sent a PM to Mark asking for his help. No response.

I then sent another email to Funzio asking for an update. Unfortunately at this stage I had gone overdrawn and Incurred a charge of £20. Meaning that I was out of pocket £75. (thats about $121)

Yesterday morning i got an email From Funzio apologising for the delay and asking me to clarify what Vaults of Gold I was referring too.

So I clarified this and sent them all my receipts including the one that I had been invoiced for but received no gold. It has been 2 days since I sent that email. And I have had no response.

So my question is what advice can you all give me?

I'm sick to death of waiting for Funzio to resolve this issue now.

Has anyone else had any problems like this before?

Would I be just best going to iTunes and lodging a complaint with them?

Any advice would be appreciated.

mnju_03
05-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Straight up, I'd say enough is enough and just claim fraud, get my money back from my bank.
I don't take stuff like this lightly, actually I have no room for error on it.

Babytway
05-07-2012, 04:03 PM
if you google you find out that itunes has a habit of double billing people all the time for in app purchases. most times its itunes fault not the app itself, but most app developers will credit the amount purchase if show proof of receipt, most people who get double billed by itunes go through hell trying to get the charges fixed.

Boom
05-07-2012, 04:05 PM
You'll be happy when they they fix it. I bet they will give u an extra 500 gold maybe...

Burn
05-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Tried raising a second separate ticket?

My experience with Funzio support has always been very positive, maybe you just unlucky and ended up in the hands of the crap guy.

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks folks... People always talk about funzio support being very good. Not in this case I'm afraid.

The response time has been abysmal. Tomorrow will be 10 days and I am no nearer a resolution than on day one. Its very frustrating!

mnju_03
05-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Balla on a budget needs his gold!

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Tried raising a second separate ticket?

My experience with Funzio support has always been very positive, maybe you just unlucky and ended up in the hands of the crap guy.

Yep

I waited for 5 days with no response. I sent a PM to Mark asking for his help. No response.

I then sent another email to Funzio asking for an update. Unfortunately at this stage I had gone overdrawn and Incurred a charge of £20. Meaning that I was out of pocket £75. (thats about $121)

That was my second email. Then sent a third with clarification of what gold had not been credited and sent my invoices.

Do you mean send then another email now?

sez
05-07-2012, 04:19 PM
No lie, you will get an immediate response as soon as the event ends, promise.

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 04:22 PM
No lie, you will get an immediate response as soon as the event ends, promise.

The missing gold was purchased during the last event for the Devils take down. (Kind of illustrates how long I've been waiting for a response)

I didnt get an immediate response after that one ended!

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Sorry that wasnt meant to sound as if I was being arsey with you Sez.

Nicholost
05-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Open a new ticket asking for a response to your first ticket. In the new ticket, include the ticket number to the first. Users used to do that at my last company and it would piss us off... but it did get the job done. If one of us had dropped the ball on the first ticket, whoever picked up the second one made sure to get it done and done right. I would image Funzio devs would behave similarly.

sez
05-07-2012, 04:30 PM
The missing gold was purchased during the last event for the Devils take down. (Kind of illustrates how long I've been waiting for a response)

I didnt get an immediate response after that one ended!

As soon as it ended another 1 began. I had a gold issue during the ATM event, I opened a ticket and I myself updated it everyday. I received no response of any kind but as soon as the event ended my ticket was resolved. I personally think that if the issue involves gold they have a policy that they wont refund or return until you are not tempted to buy more. My opinion is based on my experience and does not mean its fact.

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Open a new ticket asking for a response to your first ticket. In the new ticket, include the ticket number to the first. Users used to do that at my last company and it would piss us off... but it did get the job done. If one of us had dropped the ball on the first ticket, whoever picked up the second one made sure to get it done and done right. I would image Funzio devs would behave similarly.

Already done that mate. On Day 5.

Got a response the day after.

Replied immediately.

Now waiting for a response to that still.

Fricco
05-07-2012, 04:33 PM
JC,

i had the same scenario with the Sig event and i was credited the gold to my account.
I tried Itunes since this was my first incident with an in app purchase they were worthless.
Placed ticket with Funzio and they were receptive to issue and credited my account in 2-3 days.
I cant speak for every situation but in my 3 with them they have always been pretty understanding,
be patience my friend and sorry to hear of your troubles.

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 04:35 PM
As soon as it ended another 1 began. I had a gold issue during the ATM event, I opened a ticket and I myself updated it everyday. I received no response of any kind but as soon as the event ended my ticket was resolved. I personally think that if the issue involves gold they have a policy that they wont refund or return until you are not tempted to buy more. My opinion is based on my experience and does not mean its fact.

Sounds like a reasonable assumption. I have seen threads on the forum (since my ticket has been awaiting a response), where people have said they have had their issue resolved. They put their tickets in after me and got a resolution before me.

Dravak
05-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Joey I would remail the two invoices , ask for who handles your account and ask them to send the gold.
Money refund is hard cause it goes trough itunes .
Or if things fail use your itunes payment history and click on one of those and state the reason for refund . (but use that as really final measure ) cause Funzio can shut you down .

Bank is really the last resort , cause Itunes have no other recourse then ban your whole Itunes account. sinde it is like a CC theft .

Sorry that is all you can do Joey ,

sez
05-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Go on the corner and flash that smile to get some cash to put in your account JC ;-)

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 04:38 PM
be patience my friend and sorry to hear of your troubles.

My patience has ran out! 10 days is too long. And Im out of pocket a load of cash.

I'm going to go on a mad Grand Theft Auto style rampage! Mowing people down in my stolen vehicle in a fit of rage! AAARRRRGGGHHHH!

(You may not hear from me again if I get caught.)

Paulio
05-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I agree with mnju, contact your bank and explain the situation to them. If you approach them as the nice guy that you seem to be, they may credit back the overdraft fees. Sincerity goes a long way.

mnju_03
05-07-2012, 04:42 PM
I agree with mnju, contact your bank and explain the situation to them. If you approach them as the nice guy that you seem to be, they may credit back the overdraft fees. Sincerity goes a long way.

Nice! Well my theory is by doing this 1, you're sticking up for yourself as the customer that deserves it...
2, most companies will have to comply with banks due to laws...and whatever the outcome is, the bank compensates you until it's proven false. 3, shows the company you aren't some llama.

Also even if the reasons behind this are totally normal and on the up and up, the delay is not ok to the end user, not for any reason...delay plus no communication is just rude, fact. Easily rectified? Yes...still not nice though.

sez
05-07-2012, 04:43 PM
To be serious maybe they need there billing department to verify the transfer then verify with iTunes, maybe they have a procedure that takes time to resolve your issue. However that does not explain the lack of a status update. Also in the "Announcements" section there is/was a sticky that stated all gold delay issues have been resolved. I know when I buy gold I have to close the game, when restarting the game it finishes my purchase. It's accurate to say it is not fixed.

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 04:44 PM

The problem with the bank going overdrawn is that Its not my usual bank account that I use for iTunes... I put an allowance in each month for buying music etc.

I went overdrawn by like £2 because of the double charge for gold.

I tried to transfer the money across from my normal account but it didnt make it here in time! Equals £20 Charge!

This is not my happy face :(

Paulio
05-07-2012, 04:46 PM
^ that's ok if you don't have fat stacks at that bank. You're still a customer and they still value your business. However, its all about how you treat that customer service rep. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Your request (#May i please be rid of my henchmen?) has been closed. This means that the issue is either solved, or there is a solution in the pipe for that particular issue.
To review, comment and reopen the request, please respond to this e-mail.

A G, May 07 12:02 (PDT):
Hello Daine,
Thank you for the request. I have removed the 3 henchmen from your mob. It will now show you as having 3 members, your 2 friends plus yourself.
Regards,
A
www.funzio.com

Daine Reno, May 07 06:36 (PDT):
A forum member told me i was able to contact support and ask to be rid of all my henchmen that i dont want. I have two friends added and my mafia is 6. Could you please delete the henchmen? Thank you!(:
--------------------------------------------------
Timestamp: 2012-05-06 22:29
Player ID: 318516876

It's lucky for me, but not for you, that they can resolve THIS little petty thing of a request within a day and yet it takes over a week and counting for YOU to get a SERIOUS EMERGENCY taken care of. Its pretty bullish!t that the Funzio staff as not taking the effort in keeping you update as to what they are doing to resolve it, IF they are.

Again, I thank them for taking care of this little petty request for me, but I'm really sorry to hear this is happening to you Joey. Hope it gets resolved ASAP and doesn't put any lasting harm and/or expensive charges for you going over.

At least you know now to buy iTunes gift cards first and put that on your iTunes acct first(:

Sav Clarke
05-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Strangely on the 4th of this month I got an invoice and have been double charges aswell. Haven't raised a ticket yet as assumed the bank holiday would delay it.

beaux
05-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Same thing happened to me about a week ago only for not as large an amount I wrote Funzio and ITunes and haven't anything from them yet

ICEMAN0023
05-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Never use a CC tied to bank account.

Use a low limit CC (that you can transfer money to preferably drawn on same bank as main account)

If you had used the above you could have disputed charge with your CC company and not had to pay.

Sorry about your luck Bro that really sucks. I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with Funzio Support team.

Good luck in getting issue resolved.

Fig Oni
05-07-2012, 09:30 PM
@Joey

Are you with Lloyds TSB, they are con artist, they purposely let the transaction go through when you don't have the credit if your a loyal customer because they know that the overdraft charge will be paid because you don't want to get a bad credit rating over a few quid.
Maybe other banks have followed, but it a known trick banks do.
You will be wasting your time getting the bank sorting it out.

Since gree took over funzio, I assume the whole refunding policy has changed so the delay will be around 21 days.
You still have a bit of a wait and if they wanted to sort it out they would have already done it.

Joeycool
05-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Yes fig. It is Lloyds TSB.

Well. It looks like I'm going to loose out on £75 then.
Anyone who sings the praises of funzio support (as I used to do) is in for a real shock
When they come across a financial issue with them.

Guess I will try contacting iTunes support. I hope they deal with the situation better than
Funzio. Thanks for the advice and comments guys.

Dillinja
05-08-2012, 01:04 PM
JC, hello mate. As you may or may not know using a bank debit offers you virtually no protection what so ever.
Whereas a CC will give you a lot more protection under the sale of goods act.
In regards to you going overdrawn with bank, I'm sorry to say you will have very little recourse to get that overturned.

Yes, TSB can look favourably upon your situation and decide to overturn it, but that will be the exception and not the norm.
As far as the bank is concerned the onus to refund your charge will (and rightfully so) rest with funzio/Itunes whoever is at fault for the error.

I know funzio are normally quite swift at responding tech queries and support and it doesnt look good or do much for PR for them to dragging their heels to get a finance query sorted. This should have been treated as a priority especially where moneys are bank charges are involved

I hope you do get it sorted, but it seems like it's turned into a b@llache already unfortunately.

Joeycool
05-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks for that D. It a massive b@llache! Its frustrating feeling that I am being ignored by support more than anything.

If they would just send a message to let me know they are looking into it at least I would feel better. I feel like they couldnt give a monkeys... they have got my money now. Its taken then 10 days so far! Not great is it?

Joeycool
05-08-2012, 02:19 PM
^ that's ok if you don't have fat stacks at that bank. You're still a customer and they still value your business. However, its all about how you treat that customer service rep. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Oh I forgot to mention... I spoke to the bank today. They essentially told me I could whistle for my £20 back and that it was for me to manage my own spending.

The nice man did offer to sell me an overdraft facility though.

Max Power
05-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Nice.

I think most the game advice is covered, I guess my only advice is don't waste money on gold when your account is so close to zero.

I know, I know....shut up Max.

Joeycool
05-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Nice.

I think most the game advice is covered, I guess my only advice is don't waste money on gold when your account is so close to zero.

I know, I know....shut up Max.

I had about £100 in the account. My intention was to only spend £55.

Like I said earlier its not my normal bank account. I try to limit my spending by putting a monthly allowance in to buy music etc. off iTunes

Its the fact that I got charged twice that pushed me over.

And then didnt manage to transfer money across from my normal account to cover the extra in time.

But thanks Max. I would agree with what you are saying. Just you dont expect to get charged for a purchase twice.

Dravak
05-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Well what a crappy bank , And no I have a debit card and I still get the same rights as a CC .
Including purchases , theft etc . they don't call me , I call them .
Get a beter bank or beter representative .

pftt even beter Joey after you paid them ask them to close down account with you psychically present .
So you have 100% proof the account is closed .
Then they will try to scam you for 3 months saying you owe them 5€ $ poind whatever , ignore them .
You get your credit rating upgraded ;)