PDA

View Full Version : What is farming?

Seany527
05-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Everyone on here talks about farming, but I truly have no idea what it is... Anyone want to explain...

Seany527
05-07-2012, 10:47 AM
And what is camping too?

sexkitteh
05-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Farming is when you repeat a mission over and over again in hopes to get the same drop (or money).

Camping means you don't attack rob or do missions. You try and stay at the same level.

You do this to either improve your economy or you attack/defense.

Seany527
05-07-2012, 10:57 AM
They both sound like 2 realllllly boring things.

tempt
05-07-2012, 10:58 AM
And there is also "crawling" which basically is slightly stepped up version of camping, where you are selective in rob/mission to minimize leveling up. Typically, ppl crawl to earn reputation points.

tempt
05-07-2012, 10:59 AM
They both sound like 2 realllllly boring things.

Different strokes for different folks. Camping comes in handy when you leveled up too quickly and your oppositions are too powerful for you (i.e., you are sitting duck).

sexkitteh
05-07-2012, 11:03 AM
It is boring to do... but the first time I played this I got to a point that I couldn't keep up with everyone... I couldn't attack anyone cause I couldn't afford basic weapons and couldn't afford basic weapons because I had no/or little income...

Soooo I restarted and now I'm slow playing this one (as you can see in my signature my stats).

My goal is to make enough money to buy enough of the "best" cash weapons to equip a 300~ size mob. I will then power through to lvl 75 I think it is when Gatling is unlocked? then stock up on those and camp a little more and then keep powering through... I will eventually dump all my respect points at one point...

tempt
05-07-2012, 11:15 AM
My goal is to make enough money to buy enough of the "best" cash weapons to equip a 300~ size mob. I will then power through to lvl 75 I think it is when Gatling is unlocked? then stock up on those and camp a little more and then keep powering through... I will eventually dump all my respect points at one point...

Gatling as in Gatling Turret def building? I think that unlocks in the 30s. I am slowly crawling my way there. Stocking on on RPs, but think I'll unload on NVBs first. Money weapons just aren't strong enough to keep pace till CWs become available.

sexkitteh
05-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah the turret... is it 30's? Ok I thought it was in the 70's...

I still don't know what I will dump RP into though... everyone speaks of the exelero??

Sasha54
05-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Gatling as in Gatling Turret def building? I think that unlocks in the 30s. I am slowly crawling my way there. Stocking on on RPs, but think I'll unload on NVBs first. Money weapons just aren't strong enough to keep pace till CWs become available.

I don't know what lvl NVB's open up - are they available to you yet. If so - yes you should stock up on those. Is that why your are holding onto your RP's?

I spend my RP's as they accumulate I dont save a whole whack like some people do - so usually I can get 1 couple of CW's a day or 1 CW and a couple of NVB's - I like to build by inventory as I go....

you are correct - there are really no decent cash weapons.

Sasha54
05-07-2012, 11:30 AM
It is boring to do... but the first time I played this I got to a point that I couldn't keep up with everyone... I couldn't attack anyone cause I couldn't afford basic weapons and couldn't afford basic weapons because I had no/or little income...

Soooo I restarted and now I'm slow playing this one (as you can see in my signature my stats).

What are these "cash" weapons you speak of?
I've always been told not to waste money on weapons - there are no decent ones for purchase.

Sasha54
05-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Yeah the turret... is it 30's? Ok I thought it was in the 70's...

I still don't know what I will dump RP into though... everyone speaks of the exelero??

that's lvl 115....

Sasha54
05-07-2012, 11:35 AM

I am just building my 27th Gatling - you are limited to 50. At first I was finding it a stretch to even think about them because they take 8 hours and cost 54K each.
That doesn't seem much now that my income can support it - so because I'm not buying any buildings at the moment - I can do 3 turrets a day..........:D

tempt
05-07-2012, 11:46 AM
that's lvl 115....

Just looked...Gatling Turrets unlock at 47. I think 115 is some kind of flat-top missile thing ($500K).

tempt
05-07-2012, 11:49 AM
I don't know what lvl NVB's open up - are they available to you yet. If so - yes you should stock up on those. Is that why your are holding onto your RP's?

I spend my RP's as they accumulate I dont save a whole whack like some people do - so usually I can get 1 couple of CW's a day or 1 CW and a couple of NVB's - I like to build by inventory as I go....

you are correct - there are really no decent cash weapons.

NVBs (Night Vision Binoculars) unlock at 32. Forcing myself to not buy any more junk RP stuff (10xcombat boots, 10xmustangs, 10xtommyguns, 3xcolombian knives so far...). 3632 RPs waiting...

Sasha54
05-07-2012, 11:51 AM
NVBs (Night Vision Binoculars) unlock at 32. Forcing myself to not buy any more junk RP stuff (10xcombat boots, 10xmustangs, 10xtommyguns, 3xcolombian knives so far...). 3632 RPs waiting...

but you have 2 accounts - do you have a supply of NVB's in your lvl 62 account?

are you following totally different strategies

tempt
05-07-2012, 12:05 PM
For my 62, I slowed down because I wasn't watching what I was doing. But yes, in my fingers account, I am starting to crawl to collect NVBs. Targeting to hit 100 NVBs then start bringing on CWs. Wasted quite a bit of RPs on Yamaha bikes and other not-so-great RP items.

For my 23 (forky), I am planning to also hit 100 NVBs before starting CWs. Also, agree with your comment about non real good "in game cash" weapons. So I am really trying to make RPs count.

My strategy going forward for both account is to ramp up econ, use RPs for weapons. Probably until I feel econ is competitive enough to start buying cash weapons that are good enough to stuff/fill the mob (even if they suck). Just finding it harder and harder to not get hit with current outfit on my fingers (62) account.

My forky (23) is doing quite fine, almost always green in the news.

PS: My approach is basically to crawl/camp until I accumulate a decent amount of RPs so that when I do level up to a target (e.g., 32 for NVBs), I am not a sitting duck at that level. Then I'll camp/crawl again and wait for next target level. Net-net....RPs becomes my trigger point for leveling up.