PDA

View Full Version : Profitable Raid Buildings?

The_Red
05-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Currently Im only attacking:

1) Characters with >10k gold.
2) Silos (4+)
3) Tavern (4+)

Anything else thats worthy of attacking? I don't see many high dollar buildings with >1 improvement values too often.

Futon
05-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I was curious how that worked. So if you raid a lvl 4 or higher silo/tavern you get more gold even if they have their gold vaulted?

superdad
05-07-2012, 08:43 AM
The best are the 24 hour + collection buildings.... Silo, leatherworker, and the massive 2-day one (can't remmeber name, it looks like a giant doughnut).

I would avoid attacking people directly. The best thing about raiding silos (for example) is that you only get (spend) 1 experience to raid it. Direct attacks on players can sometimes grant you 9 experience. People are sometimes happy pulling in 500g from a battle that gave 9 exp, when they shouldn't be. 55 gold per experience is terrible, considering level 3 silo raids are 174g/exp. Level 5 silo raids are ~370g/exp.

Also you gotta be a lot stronger to directly attack someone, because if you take a lot of their gold, they could swell their ally count and pick on you for a while. So you'd better be DARN strong - able to beat someone with double-allies (if you have a lot of unprotected gold yourself).

/edit
@Futon: Correct, the vault cannot protect the gold in silos (any building) from raids.

there is nothing worse than seeing someone with 10k gold, attacking them, gaining 9 exp, and finding out that they have it all vaulted cuz they camped super hard!

Ghost818
05-07-2012, 09:24 AM
I was curious how that worked. So if you raid a lvl 4 or higher silo/tavern you get more gold even if they have their gold vaulted?
When their buildings are up for grabs, it means they haven't collected yet. So they cant vault if they didnt collect, so you raid!

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Raiding is not taking money directly from a person, it is taking money from the building.

Freekizh
05-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Guys this sounds like a lot of hard work. My experience is that most silos and buildings are well and truly raided most of the time, especially beyond level 20. You need to search through dozens upon dozens of rivals to find the good stuff.

Personally I prefer just to unload a full bar of energy on PvE, pickup cash and loot, and then go back and read the forums and watch the news. So much less stressful.

for the average punter, this is not going to be a reliable form of income, and just a bit of cream on top if you do accidently find a silo.

John Snow
05-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Raiding is not taking money directly from a person, it is taking money from the building.

Nice rationalization. LOL.

superdad
05-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Guys this sounds like a lot of hard work. My experience is that most silos and buildings are well and truly raided most of the time, especially beyond level 20. You need to search through dozens upon dozens of rivals to find the good stuff.

Personally I prefer just to unload a full bar of energy on PvE, pickup cash and loot, and then go back and read the forums and watch the news. So much less stressful.

for the average punter, this is not going to be a reliable form of income, and just a bit of cream on top if you do accidently find a silo.

You are obviously free to do whatever you want, but you are picking up really low gains on the experience points you are aquiring if you do that.

Every point of EXP I gain I want to either get a loot (chance at loot), or get such an extraordinary gold/exp ratio that makes up for it. To me, 170g/exp is good enough at my level. I don't even attack level 2 silos, only level 3. If I don't spend my stamina, not a big deal to me. The last thing I want though is to spend stamina, gain 9 experience and maybe 300 gold. That is a pretty terrible way to "spend" your experience.

Freekizh
05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Of course I will do what I want dude - you don't need to tell me that haha. The post is for the benefit of others so that they know that picking up silos is hard work and you will have to go through endless rivals list to find that good stuff.

Everson25
05-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Well, I left my camping to do some pvp which was quite fun. At the end I got around 4000g. One player alone gave me over 2000g. I know that some players can try to attack me back but the gap between my stats and theirs were so big that I don't worry at all. I need to take advantage of doing pvp at the low levels because later on gets to hard to find good payouts.

Freekizh
05-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Well, I left my camping to do some pvp which was quite fun. At the end I got around 4000g. One player alone gave me over 2000g. I know that some players can try to attack me back but the gap between my stats and theirs were so big that I don't worry at all. I need to take advantage of doing pvp at the low levels because later on gets to hard to find good payouts.

Yeah PVP at low levels is profitable and good fun. Sometimes I will hit strong players once to test my strength and attack skill points. A lot of gem players hit me too, usually just once. Then we have a good laugh about it and end up allying with each other.

Everson25
05-08-2012, 11:08 AM
What level are you on MW Freekizh?

Everson25
05-08-2012, 11:19 AM
I am on 39. I don't play MW much anymore - I really liked it at the beginning racking up about 4000 PvP attacks, but now I just strictly do the events, cant do two games. Taking a different approach in KA - did lotsa PvP at beginning, very little in middle levels, and will do heavy PvP at level 45+ onwards. I agree with you that's very hard two play two games at the same time, unless you have the time which I don't. I'm level 91 at MW and I'm camping at the moment to build my defence before entering the shark zone. As I'm not playing there too much I m having more time to build my empire here.

Everson25
05-08-2012, 11:32 AM
It's true Freekizh! Many players are far ahead over there. Besides, there are so many gold players. Here, we can use the experience to have a good start and avoid the mistakes made over there.

John Snow
05-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Freekizh - how many skill points do you have in hero Strength? I think my skill points are too optimized for PvP - I don't 1 or even 2 hit many monsters except on the earliest maps.

Everson25
05-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I think we need our thread for OT. Let's bring back our "where we're you?".

Freekizh
05-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Freekizh - how many skill points do you have in hero Strength? I think my skill points are too optimized for PvP - I don't 1 or even 2 hit many monsters except on the earliest maps.

Currently my Hero strength is 33. I have put points in both attack and defense.

The best monsters will be 2 or 3 hits. If you can get a 3 hit monster down to two, I think thats the best balance. Dont worry about it too much.

John Snow
05-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Currently my Hero strength is 33. I have put points in both attack and defense.

The best monsters will be 2 or 3 hits. If you can get a 3 hit monster down to two, I think thats the best balance. Dont worry about it too much.

33! Dude, mine is 2. LOL

Freekizh
05-08-2012, 11:45 AM
33! Dude, mine is 2. LOL

Its not a big difference as you think. Armor and weapons represent around 40-50% of your Hero attack. So if you were on my level, I may have only double your Hero attack.

Thats why I am recommending to upgrade your Hero armor and weapons promptly by mining later maps before continuing to quest.

Everson25
05-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah HK has not been keeping up with her KA duties LOL it's because of most of social players are over there while most here are still learning how to play the game.

The_Red
05-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Thats why I am recommending to upgrade your Hero armor and weapons promptly by mining later maps before continuing to quest.

I couldn't agree with this more. I'm not into all the calculation aspects of the game like others, but your experience points/gold ratio will get significantly better if you up your hero's weapons. You'll get more gold prior to leveling up because you will be able to kill the monster with less hits. I prefer to attack these creatures until I get the hero weapon, then go back and do the quests.