PDA

View Full Version : Defence Buildings

Coolio
05-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Some help please. Do these buildings actually provide better defence and do they add to your overall defence? It's just that I had my 2 Munitions Stockpiles raided despite them being "covered" by 2 EMP cannons one of which had been upgrade to level 2. My defence is 32,000 and his attack was about the same. Sure he probably lost units in doing so but nonetheless still milked them. And finally when you add a defence building it "covers" the adjoining buildings with a little defence shield indicating that the defence building is "protecting" the adjoining buildings. Is this true and does it actually that are getting the "extra" protection. All comments and advice will be gratefully received. Many thanks.

Aidan
05-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Def buildings add to your overall defence. You also have to remember that your opponent might have a higher stat than what you are seeing. Nation and boost stats are invincibles. You can only see yours.

My theory- this is only a theory as no one here can give you the official answer regarding def building.

When attacked:
-all of your def building will take part in protecting you. Meaning the attacker will have to match or beat your total alliance defence.

When raided:
-Only certain def building will take part ie; the one which are protecting the target buildings. In your case, only stat from your 2 EMP will be included to your total defence. Other def building which are not protecting the target building will not be included.

Reason as to why some plyrs think that they are useless is that if your opponent greatly overpowered you then no amount of EMP or railgun can protect you.

For example:
Say your have a raw defence of 10,000 and you have 5 EMP cannon guarding your munition stockpile. So your total defence will be 10,625. Now a rival with 11000 attack point came in and attacked you. He will not have problem doing so because he has a higher attack stat. When you revenged and check his profile, you saw his attack as 9800 (nation snd boosts stat are not included) and you're like "hang on a minute, this guy has lower attack than my defence and still he was able to raid me. My EMP must be doing feck all then".

As i said, this is only my theory, i could be wrong, i could be right.

Coolio
05-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Thanks Aidan. I really appreciate you taking the time to write the reply post and advice. Take care

RedLabit
05-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Skill points may also play a part... Sometimes while I'm defending the first round and I will win $30k, but the funny part is if the attacker is persistent enough, I may also lose subsequent round....

Aidan
05-09-2012, 01:50 AM
I agre with Redlabit (shouldnt it be LedLabit? 😜 )
Skills point plays an important part. I will use mine as example:

Was attacked by someone a lot stronger than me the other day. He has a raw attack of 52k as opposed to my 48k defence. He did 2 attacks. He lost the first 1 and won the 2nd. My 110 defence points gave me around 7k extra defence since his attack might be around 55k (he has level 5 sea boosts and play as UK).

Hellstorm
05-09-2012, 03:06 AM
Raiding is a totally different story than attacking. I don't know what it is but I have raided people with 4000 more defense than my attack stats. Was just a pretty high paying building and it worked out. I have also been raided by guys far lower than my defense stats, in fact up to three thousand less. I have raided 7000 buildings and it seems way different than attacking. The reason? I have no clue... I just know that those few pityful defense buildings don't stop anyone.
However, I started to like def buildings... All lined up :) looks pretty good to the eye.

Hellstorm
05-09-2012, 03:10 AM
I also observed, but might be just coinsedence, that the casualty rate is higher when a building is covered by a def building. Often my casualty rates decreased, sometimes to zero, when a building was out of defense reach.

Q Raider
05-09-2012, 05:06 AM
You can actually see the effect that the defence buildings in the raid screen if you attack the character by double clicking on it.

First do it when the character is not protected by any building, note the pace at which the blue bar on your attacking aircraft moves from Left to Right.

Then allow the character to be protected by several of the defence buildings and do a second attack. From my experience the blue bar moves across much slower when a defence building is in play.

Also based on my experience the likelihood of losing units is much higher when you attack a character under the shadow of a defence building.

Jhoemel
05-09-2012, 05:13 AM
They add to your overall defense, i sold my defense buildings and my defense lowers a bit

Maverick50727
05-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Def buildings add to your overall defence. You also have to remember that your opponent might have a higher stat than what you are seeing. Nation and boost stats are invincibles. You can only see yours.

My theory- this is only a theory as no one here can give you the official answer regarding def building.

When attacked:
-all of your def building will take part in protecting you. Meaning the attacker will have to match or beat your total alliance defence.

When raided:
-Only certain def building will take part ie; the one which are protecting the target buildings. In your case, only stat from your 2 EMP will be included to your total defence. Other def building which are not protecting the target building will not be included.

Reason as to why some plyrs think that they are useless is that if your opponent greatly overpowered you then no amount of EMP or railgun can protect you.

For example:
Say your have a raw defence of 10,000 and you have 5 EMP cannon guarding your munition stockpile. So your total defence will be 10,625. Now a rival with 11000 attack point came in and attacked you. He will not have problem doing so because he has a higher attack stat. When you revenged and check his profile, you saw his attack as 9800 (nation snd boosts stat are not included) and you're like "hang on a minute, this guy has lower attack than my defence and still he was able to raid me. My EMP must be doing feck all then".

As i said, this is only my theory, i could be wrong, i could be right.
Aidan is correct in this.

IMO, the skills is the magic multiplier that makes defenses mostly ineffective against raiding at higher levels. Early on in the game yes I could see my defenses work as a person close to my stats would raid me multiple times in a row. They won some and lost others. When I saw this in my news feed, I checked. The buildings covered by the most defenses defenses showed untouched and those with less were the ones raided. It appeared the rival failed, but then maybe tried another building instead away from building defenses. To help verify that, I hid rail guns and other high upgraded defenses behind buildings so they couldn't be seen. The hidden ones were around the most tempting money targets. Raids then seemed to fail more then. It appeared people couldn't see the defenses and tried a few more times. Probably wondering why they failed and rechecking my stats. The other lower paying money building had all my defenses in the open, but people stayed away from them. I have 2 of the each of money buildings, so I did another test and moved them apart, one protected by the hidden defnses the other left very unprotected. They both collected at teh same time. I clollected from erything on time, but left the money sitting on only these 2 money buildings. Waited for raids to show on news feed from somene close to my stats, bingo wins and losses. The building with the hidden defenses wasn't touched. Trap worked. This worked up to level L50-70 for me.

After that point I think the sum of skill points people added to attack seemd to render the defenses useless execpt to add to your total alliance defense. The higher you go also, you see much wider varying levels and stats. When stats are close together and skill points lower they help. When you are 20K over your rivals def and have more skill points, they mean nothing. I have seens people state they had sharks and whales raid through L10 EMPS. As a free player the railgun is my highest.

I myself have stated several times I tested defenses of rivals. Being only 15K over another Rival I was able to raid a money building protected within the blue circles of 5 EMPs (2 L3 EMP, 2 L2 EMP, 1 L1 EMP). Not only was I able to raid the money building for 3 hits, I then raided the EMPs directly and never had a lost unit. I couldn't get the rival to answer me what his skills point allocation was though. Some people like to keep that secret which I understand.

At that point I PM'ed the devs about this and if skill points affected raiding. Crime City Marks response was that skill points affect "all PVP actions". Raids of course are a PVP action. They will not give up the formula though, so don't even try. The skill points is still the greatest mystery in the game.

Note, I still have 5 of each of the non-gold defenses, but tend not to upgrade them anymore. It appears the cost and time for upgrade is better spent on money, boost or unit upgrades instead in the upper levels. I still purchase any new defense buildings as they come out since they are added to your defense score, but I will probably continue to max all other buildings first before returning to them. Unless of course someone else can dispute my test and findings, so if someone at a high level thinks different, I would love to hear. I was a great advocate for base defense early on in the game when people said they didn't appear to do anything.