PDA

View Full Version : Thanks again all !!

Quirt
05-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Just wanted to say thanks again for the guides and spreadsheets they have helped immensely. However a few questions remain - partly because of some contradictory information -- or what I perceive as contradictory. Perhaps its just attributed to "playing styles" / personal preference and there is no "right answer". At least not just one right answer.

I played for a week or so without reading the manual so to speak -- so I leveled up a bit and added a pile mob members. I've since tried to "set up camp" -- slow things down and concentrate on my economy and general "hood maintenance". Although I do get a certain amount of enjoyment from robbing, following "goals" and trying to obtain the briefcase containing that ever elusive 10th Document --- all this activity of course levels me up albeit slower than I was progressing in my 1st week with CC.

After reading many forum posts and various guides --- I'm still confused as to how many mob members I should have at my current level (mid 40's). I had ~900 lol :D and since slimed down to 200 (that includes 33 Henchmen which I know are just non-player mob members I picked up doing “goals” )

#2) I have been saving my "respect" generally just purchasing one respect item as they become available. I think I have a good handle on what to do with my respect points --- but still not entirely clear what other "weapons" I should purchase and how many. I get that I need one of each for each mob member --- and the best of what I have is carried into battle. I guess I'm searching for opinions on what items to stockpile i.e. which give best bang for the buck / will last longest.

I noticed there's quite the discrepancy in what people do wrt buildings and weapons. I used to think if someone got to level 200 they'd have to be a pretty good player --- then I came across this clown :D

Name: will remain nameless to protect the silly :D
Level 200 !!
# of mob members: 249
total mafia attack: 4959
total mafia defense: 6898
income per hour $75211
No it’s not me LOL but it could be if it wasn’t for the help from those on this forum :P

Joeycool
05-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Name: will remain nameless to protect the silly :D
Level 200 !!
# of mob members: 249
total mafia attack: 4959
total mafia defense: 6898
income per hour $75211
No it’s not me LOL but it could be if it wasn’t for the help from those on this forum :P

How dare you posts my stats on here!!

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Quirt, if only more new forum members were like you. You READ before you started posting questions. You learned so much, I can tell, and now sound actually intelligent with CC in this thread for your questions. I wished more new members did what you did.
Quirt
As for your questions, At mid-40s: Yamahas are GREAT purchases as they won't be replaced for quite sometime! (120+) b/c the exceleros (R vehicle) become available around i think lvl 117.

The "right" mafia members for your level depends on two things:
1) Your inventory
2) If you want to stay on the DL or have a bigger Rival's list

1) Your Inventory:
~ if you have a lot of sh!t weapons in your inventory (1/0, 2/2, etc), lower your mafia so you only bring in the better weapons into battle.
~ if the majority of your inventory is well-rounded and plenty of decent --> good stat weapons, have a high enough mafia to deploy most/all of those weapons.

2) DL (down Low) or bigger Rival's List:
~ To stay on the DL, lower your mafia to only you and your henchmen. This will drastically lower the amount of Rivals you see on your list. (Which means less will see YOU)
~ To get a bigger Rival's List (better chances of finding nicer hoods to scavenge) you must increase mafia. For more player tend to have more mafia than less. (Kind of like you did in the beginning(: )

I hope this helps!

Ciao,
Dreno33(:

Quirt
05-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Yes, thank you Dreno33 that helps a lot. Well except for the buttering up ;) lol that just goes to my head --- or is it my waist that butter (fat) goes to? Well it doesn't go to waste anyway :P Thanks for the encouraging words.

I've picked up some decent "items" with cash from robbing and gold from spending LOL :-D I don't want to spend a lot of gold (aka real $) would like to learn the finer points of the game -- BUT I did want to help the creators of CC and pay for the sins of my youth LOL i.e gold helped to balance me from the leveling-up-too-quickly mistake.

I notice a lot of players above me have loaded up on the "Steyr AUG" or Tommy Gun -- I'm going with the "Combat Shotgun" for now as the "Steyr AUG" isn't available to me yet and the Tommy Gun needs respect -- like most of you I'm saving my respect for TL items. But I am buying a few Yams as per your suggesstion -- think thats a great vehicle purchase (use of RP)

Thanks for encouraging my addiction :D
Cheers

Paulio
05-06-2012, 10:58 PM
I have to disagree about the Yamaha Race Bike. It's a decent vehicle, but I'd go for the NVB over Yamahas. Here's why:

Yamaha = 325 RP for 13/12
NVB = 300 RP for 16/16

Also, you earn some good vehicles doing PvP, such as the armored police van (4/19).

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Yes Paulio, but many player hardly even come close to filling their vehicle category up, THATS WHY yamahas are so much more valuable, they don't replace anything, which means you are adding FULL stats of yamahas, while with NVBs, you are most likely replacing and not gaining a full 16/16

Paulio
05-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Good point, but if he keeps his mafia low, then there may not be a need to load up on vehicles at this time, as they are pricier than any other weapon type. Also, there's no other non-gold armor that gives that much attack for that low RP buy in.

Labradorite
05-06-2012, 11:43 PM
many player hardly even come close to filling their vehicle category up

Actually, this is the very reason you don't need to buy yamahas. If you can fully equip your mafia with Junkers, motorcycles, hatchbacks, pickups or better cars, you're way better than most players in vehicle department at your level. Buy some NVB if you really need to stay strong, otherwise save your RP for Chain whips or other end game RP items.

If you can keep all 5 weapon categories a little bit better than your opponents, you're the best player at your level.

Cloud4201
05-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Buy camaros for vehicles for now. Just load up on like 200-250 of them at absolute most though $35k each and 5/4 for stats too I believe so they will slowly be replaced down the road but very helpful boost for now as well.

Cloud4201
05-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Buy camaros for vehicles for now. Just load up on like 200-250 of them at absolute most though $35k each and 5/4 for stats too I believe so they will slowly be replaced down the road but very helpful boost for now as well.

Edit: if you plan on having less mafia then lower those numbers to suit you. For example is you are only gonna have 200 mafia then only buy lets say 100 camaros instead.

Quirt
05-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Ok I'm back (did ya miss me? lol) Thanks for the "food for thought" --- I get how it depends on whether or not I plan to increase my mob --- and the balance needed when considering outfitting the mob with vehicles/armor/guns yada yada yada
I like the idea of spending game $ on Camaro's for now and going easy on the RPs for YAMs and NVB -- and keeping an eye on those big RP ticket end game items. All things in moderation :P
Thanks for the advice (discussion with different view points)
:)

Spartacus
05-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Drop to 3 mob. Lots of idiots with cr*p stats running around no banking. :)