PDA

View Full Version : How do I Camp, How do I get Respect, Yap Yap Yap...

Burn
05-06-2012, 03:42 PM
All I ever seem to read these days are threads advising to Camp and build Economy.

Camping and economy building is NOT the only way to proceed, in fact in my experience it isn't even necessarily the best way.

First off... Read this, then read it again: Camp all you like, you will still get busted up when you hit the Shark Pool (nickname for highest player bracket, at time of writing this is at Lvl 142).

So unless you truly love camping, all you are doing is stripping all, that's ALL, of the fun out of the game, for no tangible long term gain.

Here's my alternative 'active play' way....

Fact: I have never camped, ever, but I have maintained a 99% win rate from level 1 through to 133 (where I am now).

Fact: I did this without Gold, my first Gold spend was only a month or so ago.

Fact: When I reach level 142 (or wherever the transition to the Shark Pool moves to), I am going to take some beatings unless I SPEND A LOT on Gold.

Fact: This is true for everyone, EVERYONE, your killer economy won't change that 1 bit.

Fact: camping mostly gains you an economy, which in turn gains you in-game money - in-game money is the single weakest commodity in the game.

Gold items are strongest, Respect items come next, Money items are some way behind in last place (with the exception of maybe one or two ridiculously expensive end-game Money items).

So, what to do? Here's the way I went...

Wake up, de-camp, do Thug Life, increase your stamina, farm for Respect (LM, Chinese and most any Restaurant - but not Diner - also Shoe and Clothes shops, Lofts are the very best). Farm for this Respect and accumulate R as fast as you can, do Thug Life as quickly as your stamina allows, level at the pace dictated by this voracious Respect farming.

You will gain lots of Respect, and you will gain a lot of Loot items through PvP. By the end of Thug Life you will have enough Loot items to equip even a full size mafia - I know this, I've done this.

When Thug Life is complete, you can then focus on farming to improve your stats further with 'end game' items.

Or ignore me, camp, get a lot of money, but at the expense of weak stats - and make yourself a massive target.

Example, I spent the weekend robbing Rats, at my level they are generally weak but rich. I made MORE money robbing these weak rich Rats than I made from my own buildings. This is only made possible by superior Att and Def.

Farm respect, and don't worry about how fast you level up, because the R will keep you in the top percentile.

Or camp, and take as long as you like, get rich - but know that I, and others, will be waiting for you, and we are gonna rob your weak ass, all day every day.

Players fat on Respect items don't need a killer economy, because YOU are our economy, you will bring us all the money we need ;)

(P.S. This is a rant no doubt, but there is some truth in it all the same).

I'll now leave the Economy Evangelists to pick this to pieces - but as they do, just remember this... I have done exactly what I've outlined above, I've had great fun doing it (this is Key, it is a Game after all), all active play, zero camping, and I've still got a 99% win ratio.

iteachem
05-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Sticky Please

Burn
05-06-2012, 03:54 PM
...oh and my economy has gone from 30K per hour a few weeks ago, to 140k or so now, and will continue to grow rapidly because I'm now leveling up good end-game buildings, not junk I'm gonna end up selling.

Many of the buildings you are currently focusing on leveling while you camp... I've now sold them... because the higher you go in the game, the more worthless and pointless they become.

All my buildings are now 12/24/48 that I collect 100% - how much of your 'wonder economy' is fake-number junk like LMs that you only collect a small percentage of?

Keep it real. Level 10 LMs are for chumps. Chain Whips are for champs ;)

Joeycool
05-06-2012, 03:57 PM
I have had this similar discussion with campers.

I completely agree with you Burn.

However some people really like camping.

They have arguments that will counter what you have stated. (I dont agree with them)

mnju_03
05-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Burn just an FYI, you ****ing rock and I love you.

Sasha54
05-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I agree with you 100%
Camping didn't work for me
I am trying to just do everything simultaneously - buy, upgrade,get respects, TL, farm etc etc and as I level I try to ensure that my stats are sufficient

But I know in the end I will get pummelled - I'm scared but kind of excited too.....lol

QPR
05-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the info burn

Gaming Will
05-06-2012, 04:02 PM
I love you.

Anybody else notice that Mike has said this a lot lately? (Jk)

Burn, +1, I tried camping and it was soo boring. Didn't last a day. There will always be someone bigger than you. Yeah, I lost $300k a few days ago, but it was the first time in like 2 weeks. :).

Sasha54
05-06-2012, 04:02 PM
But then again - doing all this takes a lot of my time and maybe by camping you can control time spent on the game and maybe that is better for some people.

I kinda like the campers because they add a lot of different advice and it's all helpful.....

Game is good because everyone can do their own thing

Boom
05-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Hehe..!!!!!

Burn
05-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Burn just an FYI, you ****ing rock and I love you.

I love you too mnju, almost as much as I love Joey ;)

Joey, I know this is far from flawless - I know it can, and will, be picked apart by theorists. But it works. And it is fun.

I'm trying to save people from boring themselves to death only to get exactly the same ass-kicking as everyone else that hasn't bought a lot of top end Gold items. Tapjoy ain't cutting it in the Shark Pool kids!

mnju_03
05-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Dude, I just love intelligence, come at me bro! Lol

Joeycool
05-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Joey, I know this is far from flawless - I know it can, and will, be picked apart by theorists. But it works. And it is fun.

Completely agree with you mate.

See this thread for a discussion I had with some campers:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?26537-What-s-a-camper

Nicholost
05-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Burn, you are forgetting the defensive aspect of the game and only focusing on the offensive side. I don't camp purely for economy. Yeah, I somehow get more enjoyment out of achieving personal economic growth goals and analyzing game mechanics than PvP, but there's another huge side to that coin; fending off the many many rivals that take swings at me daily. I can't help but crack a smile when I wake up to a green newsfeed full of numerous rob and attack attempts.

Also, no-banking has multiple perks for me: I achieve my personally set economic goals more quickly, but because it also helps attract the attackers some, therefore validating my defensive stance.

Just as you enjoy beating players down and completing TL goals, I enjoy fending off players. :)

fuzzy
05-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Mr. Burns,

I am a camper on 1 account but I do have 2 accounts.

I'm playing the game both ways. In more ways then one. IOS and Android

The other account I'm at level 87 doing thug life rounds all the time. My level 87 account I just got my 100th chain whip which I'm proud of. I also picked up my 100th nvb yesterday. I think Im at 115 as before I found the forum I just never did them, so I think Im behind on them.

I got my 75 m4a1 before they got nerfed. I picked up my 45 rusty from the boardwalk today getting a breifcase.

It's going to be interesting to me on my camper account when I can start to buy blast shields 1/19 without even thinking about dropping 200k. On my level 87 account I think about that stuff.

But there is 2 ways to play the game. Most likely by the time I hit the HL with my camper account you and all of the m4a1 and dd players will be retired as I see that happening all the time. As the rumor is the big guy at 200 retired today and we lost Jill.

Who knows my camper account may never hit level 40 but it is a way to play the game just as farming and doing thug life.

Joeycool
05-06-2012, 04:18 PM
@ Nicholas - What do you plan to have defence wise when you reach level 142?

Have you planned that far ahead?

If I know you you have a rough idea at least.

Burn
05-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Peoples, please do not mistake what I am saying here... If camping works for you, and it allows you to manage the time you spend on the game, that is ubercool.

All I'm saying is that it is becoming increasingly common for camping to be promoted as the 'only route to success' - that simply is not true.

There is another way, and I'm having an absolute blast of a time pursuing it :D

Peace and love.

Now quickly, camp faster, and bring me that money of yours, it's mine and I want it ;)

Caleb
05-06-2012, 04:28 PM
OK, I'll stick up for Economy.

I actually enjoy (yes enjoy!) the economy side of the game. It seems like it should go without saying that if it was boring, nobody would be doing it. Building your hood up takes time and dedication. You get rewarded for your effort by seeing your income grow. And there is competition of a sort here as well in seeing how you compare against other players who are working on their economies. I also like Nicholost's point about the defensive skills that can come into play.

I seriously doubt that many economy players believe it will bring riches and rewards in the HLs. It's obvious that cash equipment is low tier. However, on the way to the HLs, cash can definitely buy some worthwhile weapons. Thanks to comments from the HL forum members, it's very clear that the HLs are owned by gold players.

For myself, I have never been able to just camp. I'm more in the group of crawlers I guess. And this is the thing I don't get about the economy bashers - we're not giving up robbing and fighting, just doing it more in slow motion. It is not an either-or choice. You can build economy, rob and fight for Respect, and get PvP loot!

Are there economy players with weak stats? Sure. Only focusing on economy will accomplish exactly what you've stated. But you don't level from upgrading buildings. As long as you aren't just playing the maps in your spare time, you can get all the Respect and PvP loot as the player who focuses only on fighting their way to the top.

I would argue that the player who speeds to the HLs by only fighting has missed out on a whole other aspect of the game. The economy player may be the more well-rounded gamer at the end of the day.

Sasha54
05-06-2012, 04:31 PM
You know what I love - its the diversity and the different stategies that you can apply - keeps you thinking - and that keeps me young!

Burn
Nicholost, I am not forgetting Def - add me up, take a looksee at my hood, you will find fairly well balanced numbers, even if you strip away my recent Gold spend. I've got 50 x Gats, being leveled, and I am adding Missile Launchers with the aim of having 50 of those too.

My hood is trim, cost-effective, and easily managed.

Joeycool
@ caleb.

I have never camped. My economy is still pretty strong. $552319 P/H. @ level 192

You can still build your economy and level up.

Joeycool
05-06-2012, 04:33 PM
This by the way... is another of the facets of Crime City that I love!

So many different ways to play the game.

Nicholost
05-06-2012, 04:38 PM
@ Nicholas - What do you plan to have defence wise when you reach level 142?

Have you planned that far ahead?

If I know you you have a rough idea at least.
The crossover into the HLs will move upward as more people level up and the pool becomes larger. At my current rate of one level per week, I may be leveling at nearly the same rate as the crossover. And if that's not the case and I breach the crossover, so be it. It doesn't change the fact that I get a lot of pleasure from my economy growth. The only things that will be different are that I will no longer be able to no-bank and I will actually start collecting on time (I'm horrible about that). If I'm unable to fend of attackers/robbers without going deep into my wallet, the game will definitely lose some appeal to me and maybe that will be enough for me to walk away. Maybe not. I dunno.

Burn, I'm not seeing camping promoted as the only source of truth. I am seeing people say "don't level to fast" such is the case when PvE comes up. I'm a proponent of a fully equipped mafia. As long as your mafia is fully equipped with decent equipment, level as fast as you like.

Ghost818
05-06-2012, 04:40 PM
This by the way... is another of the facets of Crime City that I love!

So many different ways to play the game.

I was playing MW3 and in my lobby there was a guy named cooljoey, and above him was dudeman334...is it just me who sees Crime City everywhere?

Nicholost
05-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Nicholost, I am not forgetting Def - add me up, take a looksee at my hood, you will find fairly well balanced numbers, even if you strip away my recent Gold spend. I've got 50 x Gats, being leveled, and I am adding Missile Launchers with the aim of having 50 of those too.

I'm not saying you or anyone who plays TL is neglecting defense or economy. I'm saying that I personally find almost no pleasure in the offensive side of PvP. I much prefer defending. I still rob for event objects and attack for the occasional TL goal when I need to change things up a bit, but other than that, I just crawl along and let my attackers do a good portion of my leveling for me. It's quite fun for me. :)

Caleb
05-06-2012, 04:44 PM
@Joey

I'm amazed myself at the patience shown by our hard-core campers. I couldn't do that. However, I'm confident they are having a blast doing what they are doing.

I don't feel the need to rush the game just to get in the shark pool. I'm on my way there, but I'm taking the scenic route. I'm experiencing life in the pond, enjoying the game, and looking forward to the daily beatings that are on the horizon. What's wrong with that?

Maniaxe
05-06-2012, 04:44 PM
I wish I could find those traits in a girlfriend....

Great post! Everyone has there own style and the fact that CC allows for that diversity is part of what makes it so great. I think there is a rate of growth that is not to fast yet allows to you to do PvP goals, farm RP, and build your hood. I have tried both fast leveling and found myself out classed as well as camping and found myself extremely bored. Then again it really is personal preference.

Joeycool
05-06-2012, 04:48 PM
The crossover into the HLs will move upward as more people level up and the pool becomes larger.

This is assumption. You have to factor in the high level players that quit. And also the people that dont get much further than level 150.

Judging by my rivals list... I'm not seeing many new names. I suggest the vast majority of people dont play much further than level 145 - 150.

I have not seen a change in the crossover for a few months now. Even with all the developers attempts to increase players level. By that I mean the TL, HH, and events that encourage actions that give XP.

I dont think you can rely on the crossover.

I suspect your current ability to fend off attacks is more to do with your use of Mafia Size and the understanding of the bracketing than as a result of camping.

That being said... Its horses for course!

Campers enjoy camping. Who cares if it will benefit you in 60 levels if you are enjoying it!

Joeycool
05-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I was playing MW3 and in my lobby there was a guy named cooljoey, and above him was dudeman334...is it just me who sees Crime City everywhere?

ha ha! Cooljoey is not me! Im not on MW

mnju_03
05-06-2012, 04:55 PM
No dude, he's at level 70ish too! I see him on mnju03. Don't worry, I attack the crap outta him!

Caleb
05-06-2012, 04:58 PM
It might also be worth pointing out that more than one HL player has commented on getting bored and losing interest in the daily grind that some find in the upper levels. Rat-catching (tip of the hat to Burn) was embraced partly in that it provided some purpose for being at the top levels. Why hurry up when I'm enjoying the game where I'm at doing what I'm doing?

mnju_03
05-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Side note, I'm just rushing to unlock buildings, that's my only focus on that so far...TL and HH will end sooner or later anyways. I just like having cool hard to get stuff...

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 05:01 PM
I have had this similar discussion with campers.

I completely agree with you Burn.

However some people really like camping.

They have arguments that will counter what you have stated. (I dont agree with them)

My counterargument is that the way I play, I don't have to "PLAY" (as in, be on as long in the app) and can therefore work on my papers I'm constantly having to write, etc etc.

Also, a little side note, with camping I can make big money at smaller levels. I can buy more high-priced equipment when unlocked, therefore NOT NEEDING to spend Respect on "replaceables". I will save a VAST amount of Respect for when the good Respect weapons are unlocked. When I do plan on leveling, twill be slow, by robbing only LMs to unlock a few new buildings to get this respect.

Is this a valid counterargument? I don't mean to say my way of playing is the right way, just don't want you to feel your way is the right way to play.

I say this with the most respect, good read though Burn. You make many good points for those who don't know how to camp "very efficiently." Hopefully those I'm talking about will consider your thread as advice and not "an attack."

Weekexhalay
05-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Education reforms are at the moment sweeping many nations in the world. Teacher skilled development fits into the bigger educational reforms context as countries tune their educational systems to produce the 21st century skills required for a competitive workforce, social cohesion and person growth, since ultimately teacher good quality impacts the good quality from the education. This therefore suggests that it truly is crucial to have a teacher education plan that is nicely planned to meet the challenges of a quickly altering world. There has been a global call for change and transition within the structure, objectives and organization of teacher education applications to emphasize continuous studying and introduction of skilled improvement (PD) for teachers.
yurtdisi egitim (http://dudleywynn49.insanejournal.com/316.html)

Joeycool
05-06-2012, 05:02 PM
It might also be worth pointing out that more than one HL player has commented on getting bored and losing interest in the daily grind that some find in the upper levels. Rat-catching (tip of the hat to Burn) was embraced partly in that it provided some purpose for being at the top levels. Why hurry up when I'm enjoying the game where I'm at doing what I'm doing?

You shouldn't. I believe that this thread is more directed at people who believe camping is going to be a massive help to them in the future. When in fact, it may not prove to be as advantageous as people believe.

Play the game however you want! :)

Like I said earlier... Its one of the beauties of crime city. You can play it many different ways.

Its your game play it your way!

emcee
05-06-2012, 05:05 PM
As a hardcore camper I agree with Burn. Camping only works for a small portion of people. Any casual camper will not make any noticeable gains once reaching HL open bracket territory.

The purpose of camping is to delay advancement to HL territory and of course have an economy to replenish top tiered explosives and expand hood to accommodate 50 of each high level defense buildings.

50 of each defense building from gatlings up will add over 10k in defense at level 1. I did the calculation in another thread but of course more at upgraded levels. That doesn't hurt.

My level 58 account only levels now through special events and getting better respect or in cash items. By the time I reach level 142 I should have an additional 160+ end game items superior to respect. This of course assumes Funzio is continuing with events items. Of course I will only be robbing LMs and other high respect ratio buildings while I level which will maximize end game purchased items.

At present the best in game defense vehicle is a jet which costs 84mil each.

Caleb
05-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I believe that this thread is more directed at people who believe camping is going to be a massive help to them in the future. When in fact, it may not prove to be as advantageous as people believe.

I really don't think most economy players are deluding themselves into believing that it is going to be a massive help in the future. There are limited cash weapons, and there have been plenty of threads on how explosives aren't all that due to their tendency to get consumed. But you can certainly play half of the game with an economy focus. Meanwhile, you are not giving up the chance to rob and fight as much as you want.

Joeycool
05-06-2012, 05:21 PM
But you can certainly play half of the game with an economy focus. Meanwhile, you are not giving up the chance to rob and fight as much as you want.

That is a pretty good approach in my book.

This thread was really started with the view of pointing out the disadvantages of camping.

Suggesting that playing with half focus on economy and half focus on robing and fighting is, in effect, suggesting that camping is not the way forward.

Camping is focusing purely on economy.

Burn
05-06-2012, 05:21 PM
@Emcee - Hardcore camping works. Casual camping doesn't. You've encapsulated it perfectly right there.

If you want fast returns, go the Respect/Thug Life path, with leveling pace controlled purely by stamina usage.

Alternatively if you are a bit mad in the head, copy Emcee, Froggy, Nicholost, Plux and the other nut cases ;)

(That was a joke, I have huge respect for Emcee, Froggy et al, they have formulated a highly effective and near bullet-proof long-term strategy, but to succeed it requires a level of discipline that many casual players simply do not possess).

As many have said, you makes your choice, and you plays your way. Just pick the play style that compliments your personality, and you'll be good to go :D

Remember: whichever route you take, always be building, always be upgrading a building, this is still important in ANY strategy.

kimberleyj
05-06-2012, 05:25 PM
i agree with burn, i did have a camper for my phone but got bored after 2 days and removed the game from my phone.

Caleb
05-06-2012, 05:25 PM
@Joey

This is at the start of the thread...

All I ever seem to read these days are threads advising to Camp and build Economy.

I just don't get it.

Camping blows. Economy blows more.

Seems like it is not just an informative thread on the dangers of camping.

Burn
05-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Caleb, that was the "attention grabbing headline''.

I did admit the thread was started as a rant :D

Maybe it needs editing and re-launching in nicer packaging ;)

Joeycool
05-06-2012, 05:34 PM
@ Caleb...

Sure... I read it as focusing purely on economy. Therefore camping.

So Burn is saying people are focusing on camping and in doing so only focusing on economy

Burn later states:

...oh and my economy has gone from 30K per hour a few weeks ago, to 140k or so now, and will continue to grow rapidly because I'm now leveling up good end-game buildings, not junk I'm gonna end up selling.

Economy is reasonably important. But you dont need to focus on it solely. You can improve it in the way Burn states above.

For an example of why having a good economy is not always advantageous read this thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?27983-Need-some-help-with-a-serial-robber-BoBo-lvl-101-RAT

Burn
05-06-2012, 05:42 PM
First post edited for added tastiness (still no added sugar).

fuzzy
05-06-2012, 05:55 PM
@ Caleb...

Sure... I read it as focusing purely on economy. Therefore camping.

So Burn is saying people are focusing on camping and in doing so only focusing on economy

Burn later states:

Economy is reasonably important. But you dont need to focus on it solely. You can improve it in the way Burn states above.

For an example of why having a good economy is not always advantageous read this thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?27983-Need-some-help-with-a-serial-robber-BoBo-lvl-101-RAT

So Joeycool and Burns what do you guys spend your money on? Equipment / Explosives / Upgrades ---- all of the above

Camping just let's you hit those things faster. When my second account comes out of there tent they will surely be robbing and attacking but will have money to buy things that you high level players are buying but at a much lower level.

What happens if they build a new map with an great weapon and a great drop but the buy in is 40 / 80 million who unlocks it first the person that camped or the one who did thug life rounds and pushed econmey off to the back burner?

By the way Burns I sent an invite to you....I'm always impressed at looking at HL stats

Caleb
05-06-2012, 05:58 PM
I took the thread as economy = boring. Don't do that. So I offered some explanations for why there are people that enjoy it.

If this is a public service to ensure that campers and economy players don't think they will be kings of the mountain in the HLs because they spent time building an economy, then my bad.

In the end, I don't think people will adopt a play style that they find boring. If you just want to fight to the top, you can. But there is nothing wrong with enjoying a leisurely ride there, as well.

Burn
05-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Fuzzy, I've added you, but I'm not HL. My stats are good for my level (133) but nothing spctacular by HL standards.

G Wiz
05-06-2012, 06:14 PM
I was playing MW3 and in my lobby there was a guy named cooljoey, and above him was dudeman334...is it just me who sees Crime City everywhere?Ghost I need to add you on there and get in a lobby with you bro.

Add me sometime: hokage_tenpachi

Maniaxe
05-06-2012, 06:19 PM
What happens if they build a new map with an great weapon and a great drop but the buy in is 40 / 80 million who unlocks it first the person that camped or the one who did thug life rounds and pushed econmey off to the back burner?
If you are a hardcore camper then a 125+ level map will not be open to you regardless of how much money you have. Yes at some point you will make it to that level and have obtained the cash more easily but that could be an absurd amount of time from now. If you only gain 1-2 levels a week, well that's 2.5 - 1.25 years to that level. I don't have that kind of commitment to a iPhone game.

Example, I spent the weekend robbing Rats, at my level they are generally weak but rich. I made MORE money robbing these weak rich Rats than I made from my own buildings. This is only made possible by superior Att and Def.

If I can make robbing/attacking what I make from my fairly decent economy now, then I am not all that worried about having to pony up a buy in in another fifty levels.

Who comes out on top if they release a new RP item? The guys who leveled and earned and saved RP or the guys with a great economy and cash in the bank?

Fricco
05-06-2012, 06:25 PM

This is a very good example that doesnt work in your favor,
if they intro a new lvl most likely the High Lvl player will of obtained the necessary equipment
to open it from doing other jobs on their way lvl'in up. also what if you need to be at lvl X to open it ?

If you want to camp by all means camp but i think its not of importance if "your personal" goal
is to reach lvl 200 most people will have given up due to the lack of game entertainment.

Burn
05-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Maniaxe, my philosophy.... Grab what you can, while you can.

I started farming M4A1s well after other people, but managed to get 360 of em before they got locked down. Very glad I did.

For similar reasons I spend R as I earn it.

I'm more for dealing with what I can see is real today, rather than wishful thinking, guesswork and supposition.

Funzio also under new ownership, so who knows what changes might be around the corner. More goodies? Or more nerfing?

Ghost818
05-06-2012, 06:31 PM
ha ha! Cooljoey is not me! Im not on MW

Im not on MW either, im talking about PS3 Callofduty Modern Warfare 3.

Caleb
05-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Campers or crawlers haven't lost or missed out on anything. They still get to do all the TL missions, all the robbing, and all the PvP that they want. If a new RP item is introduced at a high level, then it will still be there when an economy player arrives along with the Respect they earned and saved along the way. Just because you take longer to get to the HLs doesn't mean you therefore are weak. An economy player can have the exact same stats as a player who quickly rises to the HLs, along with the satisfaction of an economy that was built before you got there. And yes, without breaking out the gold, the economy player will be the little fish in the shark pool - just the same as a quick rising fighter who doesn't spend gold.

Ghost818
05-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Ghost I need to add you on there and get in a lobby with you bro.

Add me sometime: hokage_tenpachi

Request Sent.

Labradorite
05-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Maybe I was wrong. I'm only level 69. But from the impressions of reading this forum, HL just seems as a rich men's play ground, well, it's a pay to win game anyway. You might spend $1,000's of real money and become one of them, or not spending money and become their play things, or quit. Are there hope for non gold players at HL? Can someone explain it to me. I'm not a camper, but I'm not rushing in to become someone's doormat either. I'm pretty happy with my current pace and strategy. I might spend some money, but not $1,000's. I'll quit or start over if this game becomes a money pit. Somebody correct me please.

erik
05-06-2012, 09:07 PM
I agree with most of the OP.

What I think most folks fail to realize is that camping does not really put you ahead economy wise.

It wastes valuable rp and farming time you will never get back.

If you plan on buying the gold buildings at some point, you really set yourself back unless you are camping past them all save the Palms and hiding from 142.

And if you missed a shot at the dice, and whatever this latest thing is for the sake of economy camping... yikes!

But... if you are having fun... or the reality of camping hits you and makes you quit... you are doing well either way!

*Second account camping or MW/KA camping that you dont really play is also pretty cool. :)

emcee
05-06-2012, 09:13 PM
As more players progress up the levels and with android players in the mix anyone reading the forums now will have a leg up on the competition. The sharks will still be there but there will also be a lot more fodder not to mention a tightening of the level brackets.

Ziva
05-06-2012, 11:33 PM
I honestly don't think there is a right or wrong way to play this or any other game as long as you enjoy doing it. I have played many other games in the past and I am presently actively playing several totally different types of games. I have quit playing several games after they became more work and stress than enjoyment.

I am enjoying the way I am playing currently as a crawler. I will play differently once this becomes boring and I will find a new way to have fun with it. I probably will quit if I find this game has become too stressful and is no longer fun, and who knows? Someday I may come back to it as I have done with other games.

The most important thing to me is that I am enjoying what I am doing, and I really enjoy meeting new people and I am happy to say I have met some wonderful people while playing this game.

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 12:15 AM
@ Fuzzy.

My money all goes on my economy and buying into map missions.

The only weapons that I could buy with in game cash, that would improve my stats would be the Helicopter at $35,000,000 each. (for a gain of 3 in defence)

Hence the point that cash is the least valuable commodity in the game. $35,000,000 for a gain of 3 def points taking me form 58,667 to 58,670 is hardly worth it.

There are expolosives of course. I could go and buy a whole load of land mines, but they would be gone in a matter of days. So they are not worth it either.

Hank
05-07-2012, 12:32 AM
people who focus entirely on economy and don't level = loosers
people who focus enitrely fighting, robbing and PVE and ignore economy = loosers
people who focus on both aspects of the game = winners

why is this so hard to understand?

Ziva
05-07-2012, 12:40 AM
people who focus entirely on economy and don't level = loosers
people who focus enitrely fighting, robbing and PVE and ignore economy = loosers
people who focus on both aspects of the game = winners

why is this so hard to understand?

Not knowing the difference between the words "looser" and "loser" = Priceless!

Ghost818
05-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Not knowing the difference between the words "looser" and "loser" = Priceless!

...Ouch...

Hank
05-07-2012, 12:43 AM
having no better input than to correct spelling or grammer makes you a loooooooooser

Ziva
05-07-2012, 12:51 AM
having no better input than to correct spelling or grammer makes you a loooooooooser

I already have posted my opinion in this thread. Having not read the full thread or ignoring my input and posting this makes you the loser.

Hank
05-07-2012, 12:58 AM
I already have posted my opinion in this thread. Having not read the full thread or ignoring my input and posting this makes you the loser.

Im just sayin last time i checked this is an internet forum not grammar class troll

Ziva
05-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Im just sayin last time i checked this is an internet forum not grammar class troll

troll? Could you possibly be more immature? Name calling is grade school behavior.

Hank
05-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Im not talking about the little monsters that live under bridges lol. when you get some free time look it up. Then can get back on topic and not waste time and take over threads with stupid sh*t like this

Lizengar
05-07-2012, 01:15 AM
I think...as long as you play the game the way you want and you're enjoying it, you should be good to go. I'm camping cause I'm "seeing effects", but I haven't played long enough to know the Pros and Cons of each factor although I do agree with some of the stuff you've said. They do make sense.

Ziva
05-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Im not talking about the little monsters that live under bridges lol. when you get some free time look it up. Then can get back on topic and not waste time and take over threads with stupid sh*t like this

Yes, you can be more immature. I didn't think it was possible but you've proved it. It's a waste of time talking to you. I'm done.

Ghost818
05-07-2012, 02:15 AM
You want a role model? Check out Ghost the Almighty ruler/tyrant/king of the Ghost Realm!.. he has been targeted by Payam - he doesn't care, he sees that as just an inevitable and irrelevant side issue, and just focuses on the apect of the game that he does have control over.

I should celebrate, Payam is "quitting" .

Bala82
05-07-2012, 03:00 AM
OK, I'll stick up for Economy.

I actually enjoy (yes enjoy!) the economy side of the game. It seems like it should go without saying that if it was boring, nobody would be doing it. Building your hood up takes time and dedication. You get rewarded for your effort by seeing your income grow. And there is competition of a sort here as well in seeing how you compare against other players who are working on their economies. I also like Nicholost's point about the defensive skills that can come into play.

I seriously doubt that many economy players believe it will bring riches and rewards in the HLs. It's obvious that cash equipment is low tier. However, on the way to the HLs, cash can definitely buy some worthwhile weapons. Thanks to comments from the HL forum members, it's very clear that the HLs are owned by gold players.

For myself, I have never been able to just camp. I'm more in the group of crawlers I guess. And this is the thing I don't get about the economy bashers - we're not giving up robbing and fighting, just doing it more in slow motion. It is not an either-or choice. You can build economy, rob and fight for Respect, and get PvP loot!

Are there economy players with weak stats? Sure. Only focusing on economy will accomplish exactly what you've stated. But you don't level from upgrading buildings. As long as you aren't just playing the maps in your spare time, you can get all the Respect and PvP loot as the player who focuses only on fighting their way to the top.

I would argue that the player who speeds to the HLs by only fighting has missed out on a whole other aspect of the game. The economy player may be the more well-rounded gamer at the end of the day.

+1

Good points, I am economy player but i am not get beaten up, 95% of people who attack me I win but i am only level 25. I am going slowly doing goals that i want ignore the ones i don't.

nycpizzalover
05-07-2012, 03:50 AM
I should celebrate, Payam is "quitting" .

Don't celebrate too soon since IMHO it is just a big ruse to entice you to think it is now safe to poke your head out of the ground LMAO. I'm continuing to keep my head down and ignore him even though he keeps posting on my wall.

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 04:12 AM
What!!!??? Payam!!?? telling a lie!!??? I do not believe this for one single second!

fuzzy
05-07-2012, 04:29 AM
@ Fuzzy.

The only weapons that I could buy with in game cash, that would improve my stats would be the Helicopter at $35,000,000 each. (for a gain of 3 in defence)

Hence the point that cash is the least valuable commodity in the game. $35,000,000 for a gain of 3 def points taking me form 58,667 to 58,670 is hardly worth it.

That is sick......

So after all map missions are open will stop upgrading you money buildings?

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 04:32 AM
That is sick......

So after all map missions are open will stop upgrading you money buildings?

I would imagine when I reach that stage I will be thinking about ending my CC career! Unless some new challenges, or dimensions are added to the game.

Max Power
05-07-2012, 04:44 AM
Regarding the boring element, how many hardcore campers here are doing it with their only account?

Just sayin.....

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Regarding the boring element, how many hardcore campers here are doing it with their only account?

Just sayin.....

read my post page 1, i am. but for MW as well

Sasha54
05-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Side note, I'm just rushing to unlock buildings, that's my only focus on that so far...TL and HH will end sooner or later anyways. I just like having cool hard to get stuff...

Me too...................lol

Max Power
05-07-2012, 08:43 AM
read my post page 1, i am. but for MW as well

Point being, most aren't. That's why the boredom factor is far less of a factor than the OP suggests. My main account keeps me busy enough. Most do.

sexkitteh
05-07-2012, 08:58 AM
I personally am enjoying camping ^^

I will stop camping when I have my NCs!!! :D

G Wiz
05-07-2012, 10:14 AM
I personally am enjoying camping ^^

I will stop camping when I have my NCs!!! :D
Plural? Secret illuminati code...don't check my old posts!

sexkitteh
05-07-2012, 10:28 AM
plural!

That is the plan anyways...

G Wiz
05-07-2012, 10:38 AM
plural!

That is the plan anyways...You must have a lot of jerky and firewood ;)

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
G Wiz... your hat doesn't fit your head properly mate!

mnju_03
05-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Seriously though.....where can I find some M4A1s?

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 11:21 AM
G Wiz... your hat doesn't fit your head properly mate!

your smile in your avatar fit the above post perfectly. lololol

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
your smile in your avatar fit the above post perfectly. lololol

I can say that to Gwiz because he is my boy!

Any one else would be stuck down on the spot!

Nicholost
05-07-2012, 01:11 PM
This is assumption. You have to factor in the high level players that quit. And also the people that dont get much further than level 150.
I dunno, Joey. While it is an assumption, it seems to be holding true.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?28222-Bracketology-148....

If I level slow enough, there's even the potential that the Android kids will level past me and into the HLs; narrowing bracketing even further. :p

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Yes! There definitely has been a tweak to the rivals list. now only see down to level 149.

Leopold Stotch
05-07-2012, 03:14 PM

Camping and economy building is NOT the only way to proceed, in fact in my experience it isn't even necessarily the best way.

First off... Read this, then read it again: Camp all you like, you will still get busted up when you hit the Shark Pool (nickname for highest player bracket, at time of writing this is at Lvl 142).

So unless you truly love camping, all you are doing is stripping all, that's ALL, of the fun out of the game, for no tangible long term gain.

Here's my alternative 'active play' way....

Fact: I have never camped, ever, but I have maintained a 99% win rate from level 1 through to 133 (where I am now).

Fact: I did this without Gold, my first Gold spend was only a month or so ago.

Fact: When I reach level 142 (or wherever the transition to the Shark Pool moves to), I am going to take some beatings unless I SPEND A LOT on Gold.

Fact: This is true for everyone, EVERYONE, your killer economy won't change that 1 bit.

Fact: camping mostly gains you an economy, which in turn gains you in-game money - in-game money is the single weakest commodity in the game.

Gold items are strongest, Respect items come next, Money items are some way behind in last place (with the exception of maybe one or two ridiculously expensive end-game Money items).

So, what to do? Here's the way I went...

Wake up, de-camp, do Thug Life, increase your stamina, farm for Respect (LM, Chinese and most any Restaurant - but not Diner - also Shoe and Clothes shops, Lofts are the very best). Farm for this Respect and accumulate R as fast as you can, do Thug Life as quickly as your stamina allows, level at the pace dictated by this voracious Respect farming.

You will gain lots of Respect, and you will gain a lot of Loot items through PvP. By the end of Thug Life you will have enough Loot items to equip even a full size mafia - I know this, I've done this.

When Thug Life is complete, you can then focus on farming to improve your stats further with 'end game' items.

Or ignore me, camp, get a lot of money, but at the expense of weak stats - and make yourself a massive target.

Farm respect, and don't worry about how fast you level up, because the R will keep you in the top percentile.

Or camp, and take as long as you like, get rich - but know that I, and others, will be waiting for you, and we are gonna rob your weak ass, all day every day.

Players fat on Respect items don't need a killer economy, because YOU are our economy, you will bring us all the money we need ;)

(P.S. This is a rant no doubt, but there is some truth in it all the same).

I'll now leave the Economy Evangelists to pick this to pieces - but as they do, just remember this... I have done exactly what I've outlined above, I've had great fun doing it (this is Key, it is a Game after all), all active play, zero camping, and I've still got a 99% win ratio.

im wondering why you say forget the diner? i will usually rob any diner over level 5 and normally get 6 or 7 respect points each robbery, seems to be a little better than itialian restaurants

Burn
05-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Diner gives out a lot of Exp, so I ignore them, along with Meat Factories and Warehouses - all have poor R to Exp ratio.

My favourite robs are Lofts, French Restaurants and Clothes Stores, because they all pay out fat R. Next down are Collections which pay positive R to Exp and then Wedding Chapels, Chinese, Shoe Stores and then Italians.

I rarely rob Laundromats unless they are Lvel 9/10 which almost guarantees 3 R to 1 Exp.

But if I was still doing Thug Life all stamina would go on that, not robbing.

Just realised I have no idea what the big cash buildings like Gents Club, Nightclubs, Pirates, Rocks and Hotels pay out as regards R vs Exp - the money has obviously dazzled me ;)

Nicholost
05-07-2012, 03:37 PM
I rarely rob Laundromats unless they are Lvel 9/10 which almost guarantees 3 R to 1 Exp.
Actually, that's not true. LMs at 9 & 10 give 3 RP and 2 XP (1.5:1 RP to XP). I'm pretty sure level 8 LMs do the same. Level 7 LMs have the possibility of paying 3 RP for 1 XP. I'm pretty sure that's all correct, anyway.

Sasha54
05-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Diner gives out a lot of Exp, so I ignore them, along with Meat Factories and Warehouses - all have poor R to Exp ratio.

My favourite robs are Lofts, French Restaurants and Clothes Stores, because they all pay out fat R. Next down are Collections which pay positive R to Exp and then Wedding Chapels, Chinese, Shoe Stores and then Italians.

But if I was still doing Thug Life all stamina would go on that, not robbing.

Just realised I have no idea what the big cash buildings like Gents Club, Nightclubs, Pirates, Rocks and Hotels pay out as regards R vs Exp - the money has obviously dazzled me ;)

Burn, I thought that you didn't care if you leveled . So why does the ratio matter to you - just wondered because I don't pay much attention to that - I get greedy when I see those floating cash bags......

Burn
05-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Actually, for where I am now that is a good point Sasha, Meat Factories are back in the game ;)

I guess my not robbing them goes back to the days when I wanted to save Exp because I was burning it elsewhere while farming M4A1s.

Nicholost, didn't know that about LMs - weird that there is that anomaly at L7 - my not knowing that proves that I have the attention span and the intelligence of a Goldfish.

nopenopenope
05-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Nicholost, didn't know that about LMs - weird that there is that anomaly at L7 - my not knowing that proves that I have the attention span and the intelligence of a Goldfish.

again *sigh*

white frog's all-in-one spreadsheet has a RP building farm tab with good info.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?26663-quot-All-in-One-quot-Spreadsheet-Update

LM:

lvl RP:XP
1 1:1
2 1:1
3 1:1
4 2:1
5 2:1
6 2:1
7 3:1
8 1:1
9 1.5:1
10 1.5:1

Burn
05-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Spreadsheets are for mathematicians, statisticians and other kinds of 'icians.

I'm a cold blooded killer/Goldfish.

Joeycool
05-07-2012, 04:50 PM

Exactly! They are for tacticians!

I've said this before and I'll say it again : I dont need tactics because I've got Tic Tacs... and they keep me fresh!

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 05:02 PM

sounds like "Spreadsheets are for smart people. I like to act before I think." to me. Nice metaphor.

BTW, Nicholost was right. Level 4-7 LM's are the best to rob. Levels 4-6 give 2:1 R:E and level 7 gives 3:1 R:E

Maniaxe
05-07-2012, 05:35 PM
You can talk about a level seven LM having a 3:1 ratio but the fact of the matter is that is not always true. If you where out here in the hoods working the mean streets like a real gangster you would know these things. These streets are all I'll ever know, Ill never get out of here. Streets!

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 05:38 PM
You can talk about a level seven LM having a 3:1 ratio but the fact of the matter is that is not always true. If you where out here in the hoods working the mean streets like a real gangster you would know these things. These streets are all I'll ever know, Ill never get out of here. Streets!

You act like I don't know much about the game. That sucks if this isn't always the case for you, but in my exp, it has only been the case. I started the game over late march after I discovered the forums. My old acct (after forum discovery, before starting over) became my testy. I tried out the LM level 7 robs. Only ever noticed a 3:1 ratio

CounterSniper
05-07-2012, 05:41 PM
You act like I don't know much about the game. That sucks if this isn't always the case for you, but in my exp, it has only been the case. I started the game over late march after I discovered the forums. My old acct (after forum discovery, before starting over) became my testy. I tried out the LM level 7 robs. Only ever noticed a 3:1 ratio

Lately you seem to act like you know everything about the game. Pretty arrogant all things considered.

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Lately you seem to act like you know everything about the game. Pretty arrogant all things considered.

never. But if i do know something about a topic, I'll post. If I end up being wrong, then I will apologize and learn. But the way some post like I'm an idiot for camping and don't know anything about the game IS arrogant.

Maniaxe
05-07-2012, 05:47 PM
You act like I don't know much about the game.
Not at all my intention, everything after the first sentence was me joking around. In fact I actually recently commended you on your knowledge and input in a separate post.

I have noticed a difference in drop ratio specifically on lvl 7 LM. I don't know if this is more recent or not. All I am saying is nothing is set in stone, the game changes, numbers change.

Spartacus
05-07-2012, 05:48 PM
No one is being arrogant. Calm down.

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Not at all my intention, everything after the first sentence was me joking around. In fact I actually recently commended you on your knowledge and input in a separate post.

I have noticed a difference in drop ratio specifically on lvl 7 LM. I don't know if this is more recent or not. All I am saying is nothing is set in stone, the game changes, numbers change.

o ok. sorry man.. Some have posted, here and there, being sarcastic and unnecessarily rude to me about the camping thing. Your post sounded like that, my bad. But yeah, i never experienced that but can't be certain myself if I was lucky before or they did in fact change it since. Hmm, when I decide to slowly level to 26, I will only be farming LM respect, so I will pay VERY close attention now.

CounterSniper
05-07-2012, 06:04 PM
never. But if i do know something about a topic, I'll post. If I end up being wrong, then I will apologize and learn. But the way some post like I'm an idiot for camping and don't know anything about the game IS arrogant.

Not referring to me Im quite sure as I've never said anything like that. Hopefully for campers the game will still be going by time they get to HL.

Everyone plays the way they want and no ones opinion is more valid than another. In the same way you think anti-camping comments are arrogant I and others think relative noobs telling other actual noobs that they need to do this, this and this or dont sell that, blah blah blah as if its gospel is arrogant and reckless.

The forum is supposed to be here to provide fact based info to help others make informed decisions or opinion when clearly labeled as such.

This isnt even worthy of my time actually. You're gonna think what you think and others are gonna buy what your selling cuz you state things as fact instead of opinion worthy of consideration.

I guess what set me off was that you have no problem telling people what they should and shouldnt do but then react negatively when someone else creates a thread that is a challenge to your game world view.

Burn wasnt personally attacking you so deal with it and Maniaxe was defending you yesterday but you snark him today.

Delusions of Grandeur? Whatever

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 06:14 PM
CS ~ I'm not even upset at you, nor anyone. I'm a bit annoyed you took this too far, now.

1) Being a LLP doesn't classify as noob
2) Being a HLP doesn't classify as beyond noob
3) I assume people take my strategy and input as OPINION and me trying to help, considering that's the point of forums like you mentioned. Not my fault if new people ONLY listen to one person and no one else, their loss.
4) You assume I thought Burn was attacking me? Nah, just remember the OP stated something asking what counterarguments would be given, so I gave mine.
5) I didnt act negatively to this thread nor others about no-camping.

CounterSniper
05-07-2012, 06:23 PM
CS ~ I'm not even upset at you, nor anyone. I'm a bit annoyed you took this too far, now.

1) Being a LLP doesn't classify as noob
2) Being a HLP doesn't classify as beyond noob
3) I assume people take my strategy and input as OPINION and me trying to help, considering that's the point of forums like you mentioned. Not my fault if new people ONLY listen to one person and no one else, their loss.
4) You assume I thought Burn was attacking me? Nah, just remember the OP stated something asking what counterarguments would be given, so I gave mine.
5) I didnt act negatively to this thread nor others about no-camping.

You dont know me well if you think that measured comment was "too far".

I guess I didnt or shouldnt have expected anything less from you. Denial and Obfuscation.

I thought perhaps you were capable of some personal insight or introspection.

I was wrong and for that I apologize profusely.

You should consider a career in politics. You will go places.

Here endith our discussion.

Dravak
05-07-2012, 06:39 PM
I will tell you this Dreno , being a LLP does classify you as Noob .
Cause camping never solved anything in P2W other then the day server shutdown , you can say ha atleast I didn't spend gold .
LLP don't get the same game as HLP , they don't see the same drama or events like Payam .
Sorry yes you can say you know enough of the game trough spreadsheets and stats to make a hopefully winning strategy .

Doesn't mean the strategy will remain valid !
See the moment you hit 100 , you will see some players with GODLY stats and hood .
That makes no matter how much you camp , you will never be anything else then there whipping boy .
Since you camp means you got even more emotional investment in the game .
Cause need to validate that your time and strategy is worthwhile investment .
But that premisis is already invalidated cause it is P2W GAME .

You can wait it out , but you will invest money , cause troughout the whole levels , there will be sharks .
Call them funzio sharks , call them griefers , call them big money spenders .
There is almost always somebody higher then you .
That is something LLP do not accept , while HLP do .

Swifty
05-07-2012, 06:55 PM
@Draino

I have a question about the "always 3:1 ratio." It is a minor point, but one in which I have a particular interest.

You mean it really is ALWAYS? Because I have the annoying experience of getting no respect at all every once in a while. Maybe I am the only one that happens to? Or did you mean it is always 3:1 when you do get respect?

And one final point. Sometimes when you are the LLP, you get treated like the FNG. It goes with the territory.

Euchred
05-07-2012, 07:00 PM
If I had time to play my 180 day old camper it would probly be a decent account with m4's and stuff. But I dont so it sits at level 36 making 190k an hour. Camping is terribly boring wish I could not do it but I don't have it in me to play 2 accounts. CC and kingdon age are enough.

Steve0
05-07-2012, 08:29 PM
@ swiftly, Some times when i rob it only gives cash and no RP. and

Level 7 LM does not aways give 3 RP most of the time its 2. I have robed LOTS. One thing I dont get is why Robing a collection agency some times i get 2 robs and some times I get 3, same thing with LM

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 08:33 PM
@Draino

I have a question about the "always 3:1 ratio." It is a minor point, but one in which I have a particular interest.

You mean it really is ALWAYS? Because I have the annoying experience of getting no respect at all every once in a while. Maybe I am the only one that happens to? Or did you mean it is always 3:1 when you do get respect?

And one final point. Sometimes when you are the LLP, you get treated like the FNG. It goes with the territory.

well in MY experience, i never experienced anything different. On my old acct, after reading the forums for hours on end over a weekend i wasn't doing much, I realized what I had been doing put me in a huge disadvantage for the now & future. So, i start camping to stop what I was doing and figure out what I could fix.

I was borderline leveling from 41 to 42. (like 200 exp or so) So, i was cautious trying to prevent leveling. I watched my experience very closely as I tested the LM's after reading a post someone put in a thread. I guess i was lucky getting ONLY 3 respect AND 1 exp. never did i NOT get less than 3, nor did i ever get more than 1 exp.

While watching my experience, this is how I also figured out that we gain exp by WINNING attacks. So i lowered my mafia a bit to go below radar, the exp gained per win (defending) seemed to lower. Then again, IDK if i was just getting attacked LESS by the SAME person in that one newsfeed alert.

Lastly, I understand WHY it is easily misunderstood why people "stereotype" LLPs as noobs. Most are. I'M NOT. And when I found out gaining exp from winning attacks was true and posted it on here, many HLPs didnt know (nor did they care that much since they need thousands of exp to level, haha). My only point is that I don't claim to know much but HLP strategies, but I read ALL OF YOUR strategies you all post. Very informative and will need to know for later and if it might help my own strategy.

So, yes, I can post on those threads, CS, b/c all I have to do is say "so-and-so said/did this, and it works for him/her, maybe try that."

Or I can say, "This is what I do at being level 9, idk if this would help in your circumstance, but who knows."

@CS ~ Since this is a FORUM, for an IPHONE APP, I will look upon your sarcasm and misinterpretation of of the definition of denial as your internet anger getting the best of you. I meant nothing in this thread but of a light-hearted discussion on counterarguments, as Burn originally intended (I think).

I did not predict that you would feel so eager to let out such calm, yet growing, inner anger into a post.
I was wrong and for that I apologize profusely. Sorry for fueling that burning inside you. I kinda feel almost hypocritical by this last paragraph about itself. Haha.

Back on topic:

I like to camp. I get to spend less time ON the app, and more time for school and playing with my baby nephew. Don't have to do the energy farming, or the PvPing yet, I can just collect, maybe upgrade and rearrange, then get off. Every so often will I keep my app running for my Lvl 10 LM's when I'm watching a movie or something. CAMPING FITS MY LIFESTYLE BETTER.

Steve0
05-07-2012, 08:43 PM
If it wasnt for thies events thats what i would be doing. For me the less expensive loot since i do the middle option is well worth leveling every 2 to 3 weeks.

emcee
05-07-2012, 09:22 PM
And when I found out gaining exp from winning attacks was true and posted it on here, many HLPs didnt know (nor did they care that much since they need thousands of exp to level, haha). My only point is that I don't claim to know much but HLP strategies, but I read ALL OF YOUR strategies you all post. Very informative and will need to know for later and if it might help my own strategy.

Dreno like you I am passionate about camping. In my tortoise guide I have gotten a little defensive at times.
I've learned to keep things in check, after all its only a game.

Would have liked a shout out in your thread though :p

1. Farming the first M4.

2. Building 2 night clubs at level 8.

3. First and only hate comment:
"What an ****** u r we work for the money and u cheat and bye gold and other ******!!!!"
Makes me chuckle how wrong he was and how he would react now with the recent glitch. Plus the spelling and profanity (leave it up to my imagination) is comedy gold.

How did you not level up beyond 8 before the NC purchases? I have leveled up to 8 just from being attacked and winning.

It's all in my tortoise guide.

Here is an update and a reworking of my ultra turtling income generating strategy. This addendum is meant for someone looking at developing a strong economy, maintain perfect or near perfect stats (wins/losses/robberies) and prevent the dreaded leveling from random attacks/robberies.

From level 1-4 add mob members until you are maxed out (5 members per level). For instance, there is no need to go above 20 mafia if you are at level 4. You may want to add a few more just in case some mob members leave. In the meantime you are still leveling up all your income properties and definitely have purchased enough defensive equipment to arm your mob fully.

Once you hit level 5 buy a lot of guard towers and upgrade them to level 5 or so. Level 6 requires a 7 hour upgrade time which is better used to upgrade income buildings. In anticipation of reaching level 5 make sure there is enough room in your hood to accommodate the new guard towers (3x3 on map). Ideally aim for 10 and upgrade them all to level 2 then all to level 3, etc. Try to avoid leveling one straight to level 5 unless you are waiting for a hood expansion in the meantime.

Once you have a number of towers at level 5 (minimum 5) its actually fine to drop all alliance members. Your guard towers will now shield you from most if not all attacks. Dropping all alliance will put you in a dead zone bracket which should stop all further unwanted leveling from attacks and robberies unlike someone with a maxed alliance or something in between.

Once all alliance members are dropped start posting your code in this forum or other sites. If you get an invitation just leave it alone as these will come in handy once you are ready to purchase the movie theaters and then the loft.

My only strategic oversight was to remain at max alliance from level 5 onwards. I was adding members which helped me to purchase both theaters and lofts. However, I left my alliance intact at around 170 members before realizing the error of my ways. At level 5 there are a lot more people with maxed alliance, which is not hard to obtain. Most people will attack/rob without doing much research or seeing large sums of money not banked may prove too much of a temptation. Even though my defense was more or less impenetrable all the wins have currently pushed me to level 7 which is the last thing I want. Since dropping my entire alliance the attacks have more or less ceased.

If someone is following my advice the preferred way to add theaters and eventually lofts is to have enough income to purchase said building then mass add 50/100 members, purchase theater/loft then drop all alliance immediately to fall back into the dead zone bracket. This may not be too practical as adding members can take a while especially when purchasing the lofts. When you have enough income to buy either building its not too difficult to arm your 50/100 mafia to prevent/win attacks in the interim while waiting the first to complete and getting ready for the second.

So once you've purchased both theaters drop to 0 alliance and you will be in the dead zone. When you are ready to purchase the lofts employ the same strategy. Of course this strategy is going to waste some of your alliance members time as they are adding you to their mob only having you leave in a matter of days. As such, I like to apologize in advance to anyone out there who will be affected by this :(

Here's a link to my guide which includes advice about brackets, leveling, economy, etc.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13829-Tortoise-guide-for-newbies.-Slow-and-steady.....&highlight=tortoise

Dreno33
05-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Dreno like you I am passionate about camping. In my tortoise guide I have gotten a little defensive at times.
I've learned to keep things in check, after all its only a game.

Would have liked a shout out in your thread though :p

Here's a link to my guide which includes advice about brackets, leveling, economy, etc.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13829-Tortoise-guide-for-newbies.-Slow-and-steady.....&highlight=tortoise

What thread are you meaning?

I did the same thing as you! (with adding the pendings then dropping after 2nd build starts haha. Had my best friend do it. she just got her MT's to lvl 2, upgrading one to 3 now. working well.

But what sucks is I'm already lvl 9. have in the MID?-400s in wins and 5 losses (gold spenders) I just thought it was crazy to do all the leveling of lofts and MT's and STILL be at lvl 8. congrats tho, props man!

Labradorite
05-08-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm not there yet, but I believe it is all about perception and state of mind.

If your stats are good enough to hang with the regular players, then you can still have fun.

If you cannot cope with the regular beatings you will undoubtedly take from the heavy Gold spenders, then you will hate it and probably quit.

You want a role model? Check out Ghost... he has been targeted by Payam - he doesn't care, he sees that as just an inevitable and irrelevant side issue, and just focuses on the apect of the game that he does have control over.

The Payams of the game, like the bogeyman he is only as strong as your imagination allows him to be - in reality he's a weakling who has to spend huge dollar to get his fix of attention and bully people to feed his monumental ego. Ignore any losses you take to players like that, dismiss it with a shrug of your shoulders, keep calm and carry on - you just rendered them meaningless and so beat them :)

Burn, thank you for the enlightenment. It is really helpful. I copied and pasted to my notes as a reminder. Happy to know we can still have fun at HLs. Of course, I *need to adjust my state of mind a bit. This game has so much to learn, not just strategies, also mental attitudes.

I always look at Ghost as my role model. I like his attitude a lot and the way he reacts to different situations. In fact, I also learned a lot from you and other forum members, not only the game, but much more and beyond... This forum is way more interesting than the game itself. :) Thanks buddy and other members.

Labradorite
05-08-2012, 12:41 AM
I will tell you this Dreno , being a LLP does classify you as Noob .
Cause camping never solved anything in P2W other then the day server shutdown , you can say ha atleast I didn't spend gold .
LLP don't get the same game as HLP , they don't see the same drama or events like Payam .
Sorry yes you can say you know enough of the game trough spreadsheets and stats to make a hopefully winning strategy .

Doesn't mean the strategy will remain valid !
See the moment you hit 100 , you will see some players with GODLY stats and hood .
That makes no matter how much you camp , you will never be anything else then there whipping boy .
Since you camp means you got even more emotional investment in the game .
Cause need to validate that your time and strategy is worthwhile investment .
But that premisis is already invalidated cause it is P2W GAME .

You can wait it out , but you will invest money , cause troughout the whole levels , there will be sharks .
Call them funzio sharks , call them griefers , call them big money spenders .
There is almost always somebody higher then you .
That is something LLP do not accept , while HLP do .

This is a very truthful statement. Thanks Dravak.

Dreno33
05-08-2012, 12:54 AM
This is a very truthful statement. Thanks Dravak.

His first line is total BS and obscure. but after he begins to start using his head and makes some good points. I knew and understood these points already, but yes, still very valid statements to reiterate.

I know way more about Low levels then he does, as he knows way more about higher levels than i do. He was y level for probably less than a day and moved up in the beginning. According to his logic, that would make him a "noob" about LLP.

Like I said, being LLP doesn't classify the player as a noob automatically.
Yes, most are. not all.

PRIME EXAMPLE:
To compare Dravak's knowledge with Emcee's on most CC topics is ridiculous. Dravak knows very little about CC in general compared next to Emcee.

Burn
05-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Big and important statement from Dravak there "Since you camp means you got even more emotional investment in the game".

So true, and my fear is when people have made such an effort to get to a position of perceived strength through the massive time investment in camping, will they actually be able to cope with the fact that they are ultimately still only going to be 'richer' whipping boys?

I predict a lot of broken hearts for campers. And some won't cope very well. So the time will have been for nothing. Such a waste if true.

My summary in ABC form...

A: Have fun. It's a game you cannot win. So having fun HAS to be the No.1 priority.

B: Like camping? Enjoy it? Great. Carry on.

C: Camping under duress purely for future strength? Give it up and refer to point A.

Labradorite
05-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Dreno, I think his point is that a Marin at Camp Pendleton is a noob compares to one in Afghanistan.

Dravak
05-08-2012, 01:10 AM
See dreno , armchair general , how can you experience HL when you don't know who nooldes iceman koralene..
Xenoke Payam is ?

Did you factor into strategy you need 90k A/D to be top % there ?

How would you know way more about LLP then me ? cause I been there , and I saw FUKOV ...
Till you meet him :p you don't know LLP , sorry I think it is a waste of time gathering money to buy M16 when styr aug does the same for free .

EMCEE knows a lot of the economy side , but doesn't take into calculation the robbery side , when he meets People with 0 cash buildings , you can only beat up 10x every 2 hours.
While how nice theory sounds , by the time you campers hit 200 , the required stats will be 120k+ A/D .
And those are from people who will not quit :p cause of not accepting financiel fallacy .
And you still need to pass the gauntlet of 120-175 for the jets , where economy prevails .

Sorry till you seen what really goes on in HL , you stick to those LLP who buys 100$ and rule for a short time .
Anyway FUKOV is in the 64 range waiting for you guys ;) have fun .

Dravak
05-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Big and important statement from Dravak there "Since you camp means you got even more emotional investment in the game".

So true, and my fear is when people have made such an effort to get to a position of perceived strength through the massive time investment in camping, will they actually be able to cope with the fact that they are ultimately still only going to be 'richer' whipping boys?

I predict a lot of broken hearts for campers. And some won't cope very well. So the time will have been for nothing. Such a waste if true.

A: Have fun. It's a game you cannot win. So having fun HAS to be the No.1 priority.

C: Camping under duress purely for future strength? Give it up and refer to point A.

QFT

Camping once in a while for economy to catch up , so you can sustain explosvie usage is not bad idea.
Camping hoping you will belong to the top 5% , is really futile .

Camping cause you like sim city , yes that is ok , there is nothing wrong with that strategy .
Cause people are having fun .

theONE
05-08-2012, 02:04 AM
stupid tip

if it worked why tell others? its obviously to get people out of there hiding spot, events help in making you level up too pushing you out of your comfort spot

also do you really believe following these tips will stop you from getting ****d by gold players? u can't beat a person who spends hundreds to over 1000 dollars to build up their stat full stop.

I say camp as much as you can. Yes its true in-game money is the weakest compared to say respect, but how do you intend on keeping up to these ever increasing stats to BEAT the players to OBTAIN the respect points...ESPECIALLY if you accidentally leveled up super quick?? you will be thrown into a level full of deadly players, staying put is whats best. Yes you will still get attacked, Yes if you've accidentally leveled up too quick staying put you will still get hit. But at least until you have reached a good stat to start farming for respect its best to stay put

at most I would only agree to disagree and maybe COMBINE the two methods, but the truth is ONLY using stamina to get event bags I have already started to be dangerously close to leveling up those rsepect points I acquired although good will do squat in protecting me

Burn
05-08-2012, 02:50 AM
stupid tip

if it worked why tell others?

You've missed the whole point of this Forum, haven't you. *facepalm*

emcee
05-08-2012, 02:50 AM

There's some truth regarding this statement but it depends on the game. I have some emotional investment in this game because I enjoy playing it. However, I have been camping just as long in Modern War but am not remotely close. My counterpoint is that someone who has invested heavily into stamina and energy is more emotionally invested in the game as they need to burn through all of it during the course of a day and sometimes a few times over. As such, there is a greater chance to get involved with rivals, revenge, wall postings, robberies, battles, war, hate, joy, ecstacy....
As you can see much more emotion here. When I collect from my buildings its enjoyable to a degree but relative to someone involved in a war I think the emotional scales are tipped away from me.

There are quite a few players with more than one account so a low level player is not necessarily a noob.

To compare Dravak's knowledge with Emcee's on most CC topics is ridiculous. Dravak knows very little about CC in general compared next to Emcee.
I don't agree with your statement Dreno. Dravak is a HL player and I'm a mid level and LLP so he has perspective that I don't have. Moreover, I haven't read all his post.

EMCEE knows a lot of the economy side , but doesn't take into calculation the robbery side , when he meets People with 0 cash buildings , you can only beat up 10x every 2 hours.
I have 9200+ robberies won and 2 losses since late last year :)

I will have 500 jets and more importantly 50 of each high defense buildings. I have yet to come across a high level player with 50 of each missile turret, surveillance center, security center, snipers den.....
If robberies are a problem by the time I reach shark territory all income buildings will be sold except for 2 level 10 nc to make room for more defense buildings. Add another 2.4 mil/hr for 2 level 10 casinos come level 185 above. If there is no end to hood expansions then I will keep all income buildings and add 50 defense buildings across the board.

Burn
05-08-2012, 02:51 AM
also do you really believe following these tips will stop you from getting ****d by gold players?

And clearly haven't even read it properly. *double facepalm*

CounterSniper
05-08-2012, 02:57 AM
And clearly haven't even read it properly. *double facepalm*

The dudes just a straight up ignorant troll. No need to even waste your breath.

Dravak
05-08-2012, 03:02 AM
@Emcee what I am trying to say , is get used to being robbed , do not sell buildings out of panic .
40% of something beats having 0% of something .

People are too emotional especially campers , infact When I ran into a person who is now in my maffia ,
First thing I tought was WTF , I can't beat him up , cause he doesn't have buildings .
We had a 48 hour rivalry in the end he had to admit defeat , cause I didn't care about the money losses .

and I am really greatfull for running into that guy , sure he made a total winnings of 500k , but atleast I learned something beter :p to ignore robberies loses .
Infact he was my whipping boy for 3 thug life levels ;) , till I had to move on , and as my test for attack defense skills difference .

See when you cannot handle the robberies , you already planning to sell buildings , I simply let them rob me lol
who cares 40% of something beats 0% of something

emcee
05-08-2012, 03:30 AM
@Emcee what I am trying to say , is get used to being robbed , do not sell buildings out of panic .
40% of something beats having 0% of something .

People are too emotional especially campers , infact When I ran into a person who is now in my maffia ,
First thing I tought was WTF , I can't beat him up , cause he doesn't have buildings .
We had a 48 hour rivalry in the end he had to admit defeat , cause I didn't care about the money losses .

and I am really greatfull for running into that guy , sure he made a total winnings of 500k , but atleast I learned something beter :p to ignore robberies loses .
Infact he was my whipping boy for 3 thug life levels ;) , till I had to move on , and as my test for attack defense skills difference .

See when you cannot handle the robberies , you already planning to sell buildings , I simply let them rob me lol
who cares 40% of something beats 0% of something

I am a realist and know robberies will be coming at HL. Whatever threshold I deem acceptable will dictate the course of my hood planning. Two level 10 nc generate about 4.8 mil/hr that is about 1/4 of all buildings at level 10 including gold from the last time I checked. As long as I can replenish my explosives I may still sell all other income buildings to make room for more defense units even if I hardly get robbed. There are about 850 gold and cash defense buildings that can be constructed. Even a 1/4 of the top buildings will require a massive hood. I plan on having that at present and hide my 2 casinos somewhere amongst them.

Regarding campers being too emotional that can apply to all players. Most of the rants I see on peoples walls are from non campers complaining about losing.

Misinformed or outright stupid comments whether coming or directed from a camper or not will illicit some level of emotion/response from most members.

Dravak
05-08-2012, 03:55 AM
Emcee which part of people are too emotional , especially campers ..
Do you not understand ?

Before you start to blaim me for solliciting illcit response , I told you camping cause you like to build .
Is good , camping hoping you will get into the top 5% without spending gold , is no use .

Look people simply has to be realistic , that is what Burn says too , if they have fun do what they have fun with .
If you have fun in this game while camping so be it .
But most people camp in hope to be the best Or avoid a beating , and then get bored to death .
Look if you enjoy camping cause you need to refix your economy then do it .
It is also a side of game that people enjoy .

But don't camp cause you think you have too , just to keep up , rather drop your maffia .
Resort your inventory for lean slean fighting machine , then move on and grow again .
Respect will always be the best weapons in CC , in MW and KA , yeah camping really wins out .
Cause of casualty rates to the valor units .

Hank
05-08-2012, 04:16 AM
I will have 500 jets and more importantly 50 of each high defense buildings. I have yet to come across a high level player with 50 of each missile turret, surveillance center, security center, snipers den.....
I will keep all income buildings and add 50 defense buildings across the board.

Realize that it will take such a long time to get 500 jets that by that time you do, others will have had time to accumulate 500 of each of the best respect items. By the time you have reached a high enough level to have unlocked jets, you will be at a place where people have 40-100K attack and can easily get past those 500 jets. Defense buildings have proven to be almost worthless at higher levels. I only have 40K attack and I cant recall the last hood that had enough defense buildings to prevent me from robbing them.

emcee
05-08-2012, 04:51 AM
Emcee which part of people are too emotional , especially campers ..
Do you not understand ?

Before you start to blaim me for solliciting illcit response , I told you camping cause you like to build .
Is good , camping hoping you will get into the top 5% without spending gold , is no use .

Making a blanket statement that campers are especially emotional is incorrect imo. Players who are passionate on a topic while exhibit a degree of emotion in their argument. Personally cheaters hit a nerve with me and does for many other players whether they are a camper or not.
Misinformed or outright stupid comments whether coming or directed from a camper or not will illicit some level of emotion/response from most members. This statement was not directed to you. It is a general observation like your assertion that campers are more emotional.

At the end of the day we can all agree that Funzio has produced a quality game that we all enjoy regardless of playing styles.

Max Power
05-08-2012, 04:54 AM

LOL....THE STREETS!

I love that ad.

Max Power
05-08-2012, 04:55 AM
BTW, I love when egos lock horns. Whole lotta that up in here.

one man gang
05-08-2012, 04:57 AM
At the end of the day we can all agree that Funzio has produced a quality game that we all enjoy regardless of playing styles.

Can you tell me where I can farm the M4? :cool:

emcee
05-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Realize that it will take such a long time to get 500 jets that by that time you do, others will have had time to accumulate 500 of each of the best respect items. By the time you have reached a high enough level to have unlocked jets, you will be at a place where people have 40-100K attack and can easily get past those 500 jets. Defense buildings have proven to be almost worthless at higher levels. I only have 40K attack and I cant recall the last hood that had enough defense buildings to prevent me from robbing them.
I understand people will have time to accumulate many of the top respect items by the time I reach jet levels. However, I will have the same opportunity to purchase those items as well. In fact I will probably have more than most as I am a disciplined respect spender and am just saving for now and not spending on mid tiered items like yams and nvb. I am only leveling based on events and primarily robbing laundromats to get the best respect to experience ratio. As such I should be in a better position than most end game and say if I have 50k defense by HL I should be able to add another lets say 100k with defense buildings not to mention top explosives items. Bear in mind with regards to defense buildings I am referring to mafia defense figures and not the artificially inflated posted defense stats.
Even though you have 40k attack and don't recall the last hood having enough defense buildings to prevent robberies what I'm proposing is an apples to oranges scenario. I have seen many HL players in my mafia on 2 accounts as I have dropped 50, 100 and 300 mafia as I was building mt, lofts and nc and I have never seen anyone with 50 of each defense buildings as I have proposed. The most I've seen are 50 gatlings and possibly 50 missile turrets all at pretty low levels.

As an aside, I've managed to receive the 4th item for all the events except for the first and one 10th item the atm crusher. Stats wise I should be in a good position but I also will be able to take with me about 550 attack skill points into battle which should help as well. Only time will tell.

emcee
05-08-2012, 05:16 AM
BTW, I love when egos lock horns. Whole lotta that up in here.
Max I prefer to call it friendly banter :)

Dreno33
05-08-2012, 07:04 AM
@Emcee what I am trying to say , is get used to being robbed , do not sell buildings out of panic.

That was our FIRST thought. Now I'll reconsider NOT selling my buildings every time a gold spender finds me....
Thank you so much for this advice. NOW I KNOW(:

I only hope Emcee listens to your expertise on this subject before its too late for him!

Burn
05-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Nice to see the thread degenerate so nicely and become so emotive :cool:

I kind of hoped that as there are plenty enough threads where Economy and Camping is being discussed at great length, that this one might have been left alone for those looking for an 'alternative'.

Just saying like.

Dreno33
05-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Nice to see the thread degenerate so nicely and become so emotive :cool:

I kind of hoped that as there are plenty enough threads where Economy and Camping is being discussed at great length, that this one might have been left alone for those looking for an 'alternative'.

Just saying like.

hey burn, what was your original intention on this thread? i thought you were looking for counterarguments that seemed legit and not stupid statements like "camping is best, etc etc"

am i mistaken?

Burn
05-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Wasn't really looking for counter-arguments - that's been done to death elsewhere.

It was meant as kind of a 'Not only but also...' thing. Posted for reference rather than debate.

I thought the whole camping/economy lobby was gaining such momentum, that it ran the risk of being seen as the 'only way to play', particularly by our newly arrived Android friends.

So just wanted to redress the balance a little bit, and mostly to let people know there was a viable alternative method of 'active' play.

Mistake I made was posting the original thread after drinking most of a bottle of Vodka, so it was a bit of a rant - I've edited the worst bits, but the title could do with changing to something less punchy ;)

Max Power
05-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Wasn't really looking for counter-arguments - that's been done to death elsewhere.

It was meant as kind of a 'Not only but also...' thing. Posted for reference rather than debate.

I thought the whole camping/economy lobby was gaining such momentum, that it ran the risk of being seen as the 'only way to play', particularly by our newly arrived Android friends.

So just wanted to redress the balance a little bit, and mostly to let people know there was an alternative way of 'active' play.

Mistake I made was posting the original thread after drinking most of a bottle of Vodka, so it was a bit of a rant - I've edited the worst bits, but the title could do with changing to something less punchy ;)

Whatever your intent, once you start a thread and post it, it is no longer yours. It will run wild, and in directions that you have no control over....LOL!

Burn
05-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Oh I know that, I was just answering Dreno.

They can all run round the thread dressed only in spreadsheets to cover their columns and cells for all I care ;)

Just don't ask any of them if they factor in hood expansion cost and time to their ROI, they might burst!!!

Dreno33
05-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Oh I know that, I was just answering him.

They can all run round the thread dressed only in spreadsheets to cover their columns and cells for all I care ;)

Just don't ask any of them if they factor in hood expansion cost and time to their ROI, they might burst!!!

ooo ok got it. well this thread, no matter the original intention, was a huge success :D

dudeman
05-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Whatever your intent, once you start a thread and post it, it is no longer yours. It will run wild, and in directions that you have no control over....LOL!

I can't explain why this happened, but when I finished reading that I instantly had this pop into my head:
http://i4.bebo.com/037/8/large/2007/11/16/12/4729652127a6124984127l.gif

Back on topic

Camping isn't for everyone. I found it to be frustratingly undoable, so I gave up on that idea. If you can do it and have the patience for it then good for you, but I tried and failed because it's not my style. I didn't know that right away though because Crime City is the first game of this type that I've played, but when I first found the forum all the talk was about the evils of level gain and the joys of camping. There should be more threads like this one discussing alternatives to camping.

Amber_
05-08-2012, 07:55 AM
I agree with you Burn. I've said this before, camping is not necessary at all. If you want to camp and it works for you - great. But I don't think it's a good idea to advice a new player to start camping "if you want to get strong", which I often see here on the forum. First of all, they're going to think this is the most boring game in the world. Second, it's not necessary at all to become strong. There's many ways to play this game.

Burn, just of curiosity, you say you have a 99% win ratio. What's your level and stats?

Dreno33
05-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Camping isn't for everyone. I found it to be frustratingly undoable, so I gave up on that idea. If you can do it and have the patience for it then good for you, but I tried and failed because it's not my style. I didn't know that right away though because Crime City is the first game of this type that I've played, but when I first found the forum all the talk was about the evils of level gain and the joys of camping. There should be more threads like this one discussing alternatives to camping.

I agree, and definitely won't know the first thing to it. Besides maybe the best R:XP ratio buildings to rob. but thats for everyone, so doesn't really count

Burn
05-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Amber, I'm still a mid-level sh!t-kicker dreaming of the days when I get to the Shark Pool and have my stats destroyed.

I think Funzio now wait for me to get within 10 levels, and then move the damn goalposts, this has happened twice now!!

Ma Sheng is helping me to speed up though ;)

Stats as requested...
Level 134
Jobs completed: 3001
Fights won: 28181
Fights lost: 205
Robberies won: 7750
Robberies lost: 97 (I pick on bigger boys too much)
Att: 42405
Def: 43049
Income p/hr: 147K
Money on hand currently: $19 :cool:

As said, I am fully aware that when I hit the Shark Pool, these Win ratios are finished.

Plenty of Rats and Rat Fans will be waiting to hand me my ass on a plate when I get there. I am actually looking forward to the huge number of Ratfags visiting my hood to give me my daily beatdown. I'm saving up all my best Wall abuse for them. I may even open a Blue Oyster Bar for them, just so they all have somewhere to kiss and cuddle each other.

:D

Lionheart3239
05-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Amber, I'm still a mid-level sh!t-kicker dreaming of the days when I get to the Shark Pool and have my stats destroyed.

I think Funzio now wait for me to get within 10 levels, and then move the damn goalposts, this has happened twice now!!

Stats as requested...
Level 134

As said, I am fully aware that when I hit the Shark Pool, these Win ratios are finished.

Plenty of Rats and Rat Fans will be waiting to hand me my ass on a plate when I get there. I am actually looking forward to the huge number of Ratfags visiting my hood to give me my daily beatdown. I'm saving up all my best Wall abuse for them. I may even open a Blue Oyster Bar for them, just so they all have somewhere to kiss and cuddle each other.

You are generating a lot of money for not being a camper 147k p/hr. How many buildings do you have and what type? Any defence buidlings, and how high did you upgrade you buildings?

Burn
05-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I only have 12/24/48 hour buildings, from Internet on up to Hotel.

All the early game crap was sold, the cost of expanding my hood was far more than the low level cheapo buildings were worth to me, plus I didn't want a big sprawling hood packed with out-of-synch rubbish, so I binned them to make room for better stuff.

My economy recently flew upwards when I bought Gentlemans Club x 2 and Rocks x 2 - so it wasn't free - but exchanging some cash to save months of camping seems like a fair deal to me. Time is money. My time is valuable to me.

Levels, well it ranges, assume I have done all of the cheaper, faster upgrades, next upgrade is 2 x Upscales to L3.

Defense buildings = 50 x L1 Gatling Turrets (I've just started leveling them up because it is fairly cheap and ensures 'something' is happening while I save for expensive buildings/upgrades). Also plan to have 50 x Missile Launchers (5 currently) - no other Def Buildings.

Lionheart3239
05-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks for your reply Burn. I like your ideas and the 99% attack rate which is superb.

While campers might play the game for a longer span of time they aren't usually very active. On the other hand, I think your style might have forced you to play the game more actively as in more hours per day since you have to attack many rivals and farm to generate money and equipment.

I'm not sure about you and that might have to so with your mafia size which I didn't see in your stats; but most of the rivals that I faught against either have no money to rob or they have been camping forever and their defence is too strong to beat (along with all the gold weapons they bought). And this is what might make players camp. I'm not sure what percentage of your attacks have generated good money for you, but whatever it is I hope it keeps coming.

Also your rob success rate is great, I'm kinda like you and even worse, if there is a chance to win some good money and lose some of the attempts I won't care and go at it. It's kinda hard of not attacking or robbing when you see good money to loot.

Your posts might not be appreciated by everyone, but they are valuable to read. For me I will semi-camp to increase my income my attack and defence power.

Amber_
05-08-2012, 03:34 PM

Stats as requested...
Level 134

Your stats look solid for your level. You're right about the shark pool, you will get beaten a lot, but not like embarrassing-a lot. You have nothing to worry about, there's a lot of players in "the pool" with just 20k in att and def. And if you have some rat stalking you, just let me know and I'll be happy to help putting the little basta.. i mean guy, in place. :cool:

OG Kush
05-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I only level up by using stamina and my energy is for the events. That's how I slowly level up while building my economy and getting stronger.

SiennaSharpe
08-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Anybody else notice that Mike has said this a lot lately? (Jk)

Burn, +1, I tried camping and it was soo boring. Didn't last a day. There will always be someone bigger than you. Yeah, I lost $300k a few days ago, but it was the first time in like 2 weeks. :).

I only have 12/24/48 hour buildings, from Internet on up to Hotel.

All the early game crap was sold, the cost of expanding my hood was far more than the low level cheapo buildings were worth to me, plus I didn't want a big sprawling hood packed with out-of-synch rubbish, so I binned them to make room for better stuff.

My economy recently flew upwards when I bought Gentlemans Club x 2 and Rocks x 2 - so it wasn't free - but exchanging some cash to save months of camping seems like a fair deal to me. Time is money. My time is valuable to me.

Levels, well it ranges, assume I have done all of the cheaper, faster upgrades, next upgrade is 2 x Upscales to L3.

Defense buildings = 50 x L1 Gatling Turrets (I've just started leveling them up because it is fairly cheap and ensures 'something' is happening while I save for expensive buildings/upgrades). Also plan to have 50 x Missile Launchers (5 currently) - no other Def Buildings.

Thanks to Burn and everyone else for the advice on this thread. Lot's of great info. I'm curious how people deal with the seemingly unending line of "gang" affiliated players out there (seems to become much more common around level 90ish- I'm in the high 90's), many of whom are pretty weak. I'm not even sure a player could even recognize all the supposed affiliation tags in player names. It certainly adds for some drama when you actively engage in PVP. In my experience nothing results from attacking most of these players other than some hollow threats posted on my wall. I'm not the kind of player that's into the whole gang warfare thing, so unless some player is playing really dumb (say $700k of unbanked cash with a defense way below what I know I can beat) I typically avoid people with the tags that I've seen associated with some of the high level players that post on the forums. That said, the number of these so called alliances or gangs is kind of silly. How do other players deal with this issue as they rise through the ranks? How do you tell who is a real threat that you don't want to mess with from a poser that should just be attacked/robbed?

Burn
08-27-2012, 07:00 PM
wtf, that is an old thread you've necroed - most of the info is now obsolete because of game changes, but glad you found it useful all the same.

If you want to avoid gangs, then think logically not emotionally - don't trash talk them if they hit you, don't hit them back, you shouldn't be a target - plenty enough targets for you that you can just avoid anyone obviously in a crew.

If you become a fixed target, stalk their hoods with the link they leave, find their payout times, rob them. Do that a few times and they will soon stop hitting you to give you the links.

Takes patience, but works a charm.

SiennaSharpe
08-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks. I know some things are obsolete, but the general strategy is the same. Your thread was included on a best of the best list that was added to the one tacked to the top of the board. Thanks again.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
08-28-2012, 06:45 AM
most of my posts are obsolete once I post them. This is because I never think logically only emotionally maybe I am a woman .

10 characters

Burn
08-28-2012, 07:29 AM
4 characters, first one is C, last one is T, u fill in the blanks smart guy ;)

Sasha54
08-28-2012, 08:01 AM
4 characters, first one is C, last one is T, u fill in the blanks smart guy ;)

Yowza...nice one!

isshi
08-28-2012, 09:21 AM
think ill go camp in burns hood and give it a whirl... hope ya holiday was good my man.

Plux
08-28-2012, 02:47 PM
The Question is a contradiction because by being camp, you can't get respect. Street cred goes right out the window.

Intrance
08-30-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm a new player so don't really know but there seem to be good reason to camp now...boss events.

Max Power
08-30-2012, 01:45 PM
The Question is a contradiction because by being camp, you can't get respect. Street cred goes right out the window.

Scratchers. I have 15k respect banked on my level 12 camper.

Dreno33
09-09-2012, 11:28 PM
DATE: 05-06-2012 05:21 PM
That is a pretty good approach in my book.

This thread was really started with the view of pointing out the disadvantages of camping.

Suggesting that playing with half focus on economy and half focus on robing and fighting is, in effect, suggesting that camping is not the way forward.

Camping is focusing purely on economy.

now camping (for me) is focused on winning some damn good scratchers!! 0.00000000001% chance here i come!

Burn
09-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Don't like posting in this thread, because post #1 is 4 months old, and pretty much obsolete (how quickly thing have changed), but wanted to make a point on Scratchers.

Scratchers are not in any way a justification for camping. Averaged out over time, assuming campers and active players are loggng in daily, everyone gets the same - net result of Scratcher gains, absolutely nothing.

It might look good, it might look like rapid growth, particularly in comparison to old skool farming you may have done previously, but that is simply Item Inflation at work - inflation that means everyone is now getting better stronger stuff than before.

In fact original post #1 listed, in order of strength, Gold, Respect and Money as the commodities - today, again in order of strength, it's Gold, Event Items, Scratchers, Respect, Money.

But as Event Items and Scratchers are attained by ALL daily players, they actually do nothing but further devalue Respect and Money items.

aka Economy and the associated Money gains are now even more worthless than it was when this thread started - so camping is now even more futile.

Babytway
09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
i have never camped out since i played this game i got 500 mafia soon as i could and i was doing map quest and leveling up and even though my stats were extremly weak back there were still plenty of people i was able to attack and rob and still compete with. and now my stats are in the normal range for a free player and guess what still plenty of people to attack and rob.

So in my opinion camping to improve your attack and defense is the same as not camping and lvl up with weak stats there will still be plenty of people you will be able to fight and rob from.

Burn
09-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Just as a further little aside, when I started this thread I had an IPH of only 30k - in time since, without any focus at all on economy other than making sure I build the bigger better stuff, I've just gone past 500k IPH.

I've also since deleted everything that isn't 12/24/48, and even buildings in those time slots up to Dominicans have been binned.

Point... Don't camp and build stuff that will end up on the scrap heap. If you must camp, ONLY build and level end-game buildings, everything else is short term 'IPH vanity', and wasted time, money and effort.

Final point, for sake of illustration... my income is about 12M daily, in the recent Anniversary event I was robbing over 15M per day, doubling my income, for a 'virtual IPH' of over 1M - guess who provided most of that robbed income... weakass former campers with fat economies and yummy levelled up 6 and 8 hour buildings that i collect on as often as they do. Nightclubs nom nom nom ;)

Camping and economy sucks. And it's boring. Only justifiable on a second 'sleeper' account IMO.

But each to their own.

Whichever way you play, be lucky and have fun.

Max Power
09-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Camping and economy sucks. And it's boring. Only justifiable on a second 'sleeper' account IMO.

My camper is my 2nd, and at best, I can check in on that twice a day. Thought about moving up, but with that going on, whats the point. Having a hard time maintaining interest in my main at this point.

nopenopenope
09-10-2012, 02:03 PM
My camper is my 2nd, and at best, I can check in on that twice a day. Thought about moving up, but with that going on, whats the point. Having a hard time maintaining interest in my main at this point.

hey maxxy, LTNS. I've long felt this way and have more fun with my camper (2nd) with twice a day checks.

emcee
09-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Camping done right will give a huge benefit in completing epic boss goals. So far have both on higher Miguel account and activated level 8 account Migs to receive Chief's cruiser without gold. It does get progressively harder to kill boss especially in HL territory.

Scratchers help in the meantime but does even out with players across the board. The only difference is that extreme campers are not competing against the rest necessarily but all the new players starting who are just beginning to scratch.

Most levelers will burn through to level 13 in a day or so and not have a fraction of the attack/defense stats that low level campers has.

Since Migs has reached over 1 million/hr he's now buying Audi's soon grenade launchers once reaching 250 mob for the next boss event.

So far boss events add about 1k stats to attack and defense and is not level adjusted like previous events.

Burn
09-10-2012, 03:03 PM
New info... always happy to see contrary opinion that is backed by hard evidence - props on getting Epic Boss prizes without Gold, I'm not even getting close.

However, emcee, you are a rather special case, and far from typical - I doubt there are many in the game with your discipline.

emcee
09-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Burn, its the turtle mantra, slow and steady....

There are a few forum campers out there that have started to crawl. Baby steps with giant stats increase is the way to go. Its so good that even regular events are no longer worthwhile to participate just to have access to epic boss with lower level modifiers.

My only regret for Migs was not participating in Epic Boss Sato as I wanted to reach over 1 million income at level 8 :(

Elastic Earl
09-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Respect to Burn and Emcee. Game is diverse and both have valid arguments. It is what keeps us all coming back.
Honored if both include me so I can follow how it plays out.
374 252 936
EE

emcee
09-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Respect to Burn and Emcee. Game is diverse and both have valid arguments. It is what keeps us all coming back.
Honored if both include me so I can follow how it plays out.
374 252 936
EE
Thanks EE. I've added you. Look for Miguel level 73 and Migs level 14.

Point... Don't camp and build stuff that will end up on the scrap heap. If you must camp, ONLY build and level end-game buildings, everything else is short term 'IPH vanity', and wasted time, money and effort.

I agree to an extent. I have already sold 40 buildings including 2 level 10 basketball courts. However, I would not be at 1.3 mi/hr without my 40 odd buidings helping out along the way to night club build and upgrade.

In the meantime have added 2 upscale clubs, flower shops, underboss' house and 1 crematorium. Anything at the moment less than $13/hr/square has been sold to make room for 50 sniper's den, gatlings, machine gun turrets and Muay Thai centers. More will be sold once surveillance centers are unlocked at level 92.

There is a lot of discussion regarding campers getting owned once reaching high levels and there is nothing they can do. Actually this is not entirely true as free players with hard core camping and emphasis on boss events and general events including scratchers can have a relatively strong account at HLs provided they are not at max alliance. With lower mafia count and actively assessing/reassessing level bracketing along with their better than respect inventory should ensure a viable winning strategy. Factor in 50 of each upgraded defense buildings with best defense/square values should be a winning combination as these buildings will bear more defensive weight with say 50 alliance vs 500.

MWA
09-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Answer to the topic:

I dont understand your view..?

First of all, im not a camper, never was, never will, before i hit lvl 200 :P

But, if you level up fast and have no income (anti-camping) to buy att/def items you WILL get robbed, beat and bullied. If you have a great income its easy and much faster to buy lots of ingame weapons that will raise your defense to more than most of the players i have seen so far, and you will avoid getting bullied all the time.

When coming to the high levels, RP weapons will not help you much either.. They have much more worth on the way up to the big leagues.

The items you get from PvP are ridiciously low, exept a few busses and west with maximum 14 def or something. I have won almost 10 000 fights and this has gotten me only about 50 busses and 50 wests. the rest of the items dont even give me nothing anymore..

I have never spent gold on items. never spent gold on scratchers, none on events or boss events, EVER. But my stats are still Att 36K, Def 51K, IPH 410 000. Im at lvl 151 now, after i bought alot of weapons with my pretty nice IPH and got a D of 50K, nobody is touching me anymore (almost). I have had NC's and Hotels standing ready to collect for several hours without anyone even trying to rob me, and if they try, they loose..

I have progressed trought the game in a slow and stable pace, always building, expanding, decorating, working on my D, my income, doing jobs, attacking, robbing and farming weapons. For me this is fun, gives me good a income and i feel i am better prepared to hit the big leagues, eventually.

This is only my opinion thought..

nopenopenope
09-26-2012, 09:20 AM
I have had NC's and Hotels standing ready to collect for several hours without anyone even trying to rob me, and if they try, they loose.. Your mob size plays a role in this, you do realize.

Polarbear
09-26-2012, 09:33 AM
I have never spent gold on items. never spent gold on scratchers, none on events or boss events, EVER. But my stats are still Att 36K, Def 51K, IPH 410 000. Im at lvl 151 now, after i bought alot of weapons with my pretty nice IPH and got a D of 50K, nobody is touching me anymore (almost). I have had NC's and Hotels standing ready to collect for several hours without anyone even trying to rob me, and if they try, they loose..

I have progressed trought the game in a slow and stable pace, always building, expanding, decorating, working on my D, my income, doing jobs, attacking, robbing and farming weapons. For me this is fun, gives me good a income and i feel i am better prepared to hit the big leagues, eventually.

Level up 9 times and ill be glad to change you opinion :)

TruthHurts
09-26-2012, 09:36 AM

You beat me to it!

sexkitteh
09-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Answer to the topic:

I dont understand your view..?

First of all, im not a camper, never was, never will, before i hit lvl 200 :P

But, if you level up fast and have no income (anti-camping) to buy att/def items you WILL get robbed, beat and bullied. If you have a great income its easy and much faster to buy lots of ingame weapons that will raise your defense to more than most of the players i have seen so far, and you will avoid getting bullied all the time.

When coming to the high levels, RP weapons will not help you much either.. They have much more worth on the way up to the big leagues.

The items you get from PvP are ridiciously low, exept a few busses and west with maximum 14 def or something. I have won almost 10 000 fights and this has gotten me only about 50 busses and 50 wests. the rest of the items dont even give me nothing anymore..

And that's about as good as a free players gets :D

MWA
09-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Your mob size plays a role in this, you do realize.

Yes, and i have over 500 mafia.

Thanks, im coming. At a steady pace thought :)

And that's about as good as a free players gets :D

Not really, there is actually still a lot of items to buy. And a lot of loot items to farm, and more RP weapons, and scratchers, events, def buildings etc.

But still this is my point, when you fall into the shark tank you are going to be eaten no mather what because there are always going to be people with better stats, and to have those stats you have to invest HEAVILY on gold items. So how you get there does not really matter just enjoy your game. I have bought gold and got some of the top gold buildings so its not about not spending money on gold either, But to really be "untouchable" in this game you have to spend a ridiculously amount of money! its just not worth it.. Im out :)

buddylee
09-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Burn, you are forgetting the defensive aspect of the game and only focusing on the offensive side. I don't camp purely for economy. Yeah, I somehow get more enjoyment out of achieving personal economic growth goals and analyzing game mechanics than PvP, but there's another huge side to that coin; fending off the many many rivals that take swings at me daily. I can't help but crack a smile when I wake up to a green newsfeed full of numerous rob and attack attempts.

Also, no-banking has multiple perks for me: I achieve my personally set economic goals more quickly, but because it also helps attract the attackers some, therefore validating my defensive stance.

Just as you enjoy beating players down and completing TL goals, I enjoy fending off players. :)

I know I'm late to the game, but I couldn't agree with Nicholost more regarding the economic growth. I completely understand the enjoyment you get from the game (Burn) and others who follow your methodology, but I enjoy collecting my money and building my hood. Different strokes for different folks.

Burn
09-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Of course each to their own, but this thread was posted at a time when camping and economy were being heralded as the 'only way', so I offered this as a viable alternative.

Not saying it is a better way, just an alternative.

Also, again, the OP of this thread is months old, and much of it is now well out of date, for example there is nothing in OP about scratchers or events - but people keep bringing the damn thread back to life.

buddylee
09-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Of course each to their own, but this thread was posted at a time when camping and economy were being heralded as the 'only way', so I offered this as a viable alternative.

Not saying it is a better way, just an alternative.

Also, again, the OP of this thread is months old, and much of it is now well out of date, for example there is nothing in OP about scratchers or events - but people keep bringing the damn thread back to life.

Point taken, I was over in another thread today where camping was being talked about again, I think that's what spurred me to start reading this one. I thought with as early as the conversation had started, it might be a dead issue here. I might jump on the bandwagon on the other thread.

sexkitteh
09-26-2012, 12:46 PM
@MWA - yes I know it gets a little better - but it will take for EVER to break 100k as a free player... I think 100k is possible in the long long long long long long ass run... Even then you might have to save your gold bars from tapjoy to be able to afford a few gold things...

dblred0728
09-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Great advice!

Question: Current Goals list Hardcore hitman round 12
and Championship round 5

Have I already completed Thugs life?

Or is it to come?

Thanks.

Burn
09-26-2012, 12:59 PM
You possibly haven't hit Thug Life yet, but when you start you will be doing Thug Life goals for months and months, possibly forever as they keep raising the ceiling.

I might rewrite a game guide using minimal early camping as a way to power up on scratchers and event items without having to waste Respect on anything but end game items.

I know if I started over there are certainly things like Yamaha bikes that I would not waste any R on.

dblred0728
09-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I'd like to see an updated on Burn.

Thanks!

Ramshutu
09-26-2012, 01:49 PM
You possibly haven't hit Thug Life yet, but when you start you will be doing Thug Life goals for months and months, possibly forever as they keep raising the ceiling.

I might rewrite a game guide using minimal early camping as a way to power up on scratchers and event items without having to waste Respect on anything but end game items.

I know if I started over there are certainly things like Yamaha bikes that I would not waste any R on.

Ditto.

I am starting again, and I don't want to be anyone's B!tch in game. The only way to do this without spending major gold, is to build up an economy to the point you can stack yourselves out with the medium level cash items until the higher level R items open up.

Burn
09-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Or drop some Gold for some early padding ;)

buddylee
09-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Or instead of camping you could crawl (not paulie shore) and obtain some worthy event items. Epic boss events have been pretty nice.

MerlinBlack
09-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Necro thread is successfully resurrected, survives CCM lock-wave.