PDA

View Full Version : Mob Market (yet another of my ideas)

Ramshutu
05-06-2012, 02:07 PM
I have another idea that came to me that may be useful.

A market that is available to you, and all your mafia members.

You can use the market to sell any unwanted or unused item in your inventory, or to buy any unwanted items from your mafia friends.

Here is how it would work.

1.) A market icon will take you to the market. This will have a buy and a sell tab.
2.) This will show all unused items (but only unused items) in your inventory. (It could be extended to all items, but this would create a crazy new economy, which would be difficult to properly foresee, and would be open to abuse).
3.) any item can be clicked and put on the market, a price can be set in cash, RP or gold.
4.) A minimum and maximum price cap in cash, RP and gold will be set for all items, this should be set up reasonably to allow large variations.(To prevent money laundering, one account buying something tiny for mega cash on a second lower level account )
4.a) alternatively, a cap on what can be purchased or sold could be set based upon level and income per hour.
5.) The purchase price will include a 10% admin tax that goes to funzio. So a 100 gold item will net 90 gold to the user.
6.) when on the 'buy' screen, you can see everything your mafia is selling, and purchase if you are interested.

Pros:
- you can sell your 5000 butterfly knives for, say, a small RP investment to lower levels.
- you can buy items for cheap, for example, you could get 100nvbs for 230rp each off a higher level who wants rid of them, or sell non gold items for gold if people wish to buy.
- You can make some money back on uncommon and low level gold items if you are eventually über enough for them not to apply any more.
- recycling will save the planet.
- you can make gold without spending money (but funzio would still make money as that gold has to be purchased)
- could potentially open up an new aspect of the game.

Cons
- stat inflation at lower levels, those in the know can beef their stats on the cheap.
- may have an unforeseen effect due to an implemented economy.
- opens up the possibility of twinking (an EQ term denoting a higher character using the hl advantage to obtain hl items for a ll character.)

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 02:18 PM
The prices should be based on Supply and Demand, and only that.

Funzio can determine the Gold price if they care to include that as an option.
Funzio would also have to start ALL items listed in the market at default store prices, once enough purchase history is in the database, then they can put the S&D effect into the market.

I see too many problems with a market if ran any other way

Dr BoneCrusher
05-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I would love this option people would play a lot longer. More things to do and you won't get burned out too fast.

Boom
05-06-2012, 03:08 PM
This would be great it would make the game way better

emcee
05-06-2012, 04:36 PM
I posted the idea of having a black market in the ask CCM thread and also suggestions area but no discussion since.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22406-CC-Mark-AMA&p=140771#post140771

mnju_03
05-06-2012, 04:40 PM
These are all good points, ram and em... Sometimes I think nobody cares about our good ideas... Oh well,
You never cease to amaze me ram. Nice one!

Jazz
05-06-2012, 04:45 PM
I love it! Would be a nice addition to the game!

sez
05-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Mmorpg.......Still a good idea, 1 of the things I liked best when I played WoW

enahs1
05-06-2012, 05:48 PM
+1 on this idea