PDA

View Full Version : Forum Suggestion re: Spam

JohnnyR
05-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Hey L Fizzle/CC Mark,

Can you please consider:

A) Introducing a 7 day waiting period to post.
B) A 30+ post probation period to post links and images.
C) Mods to delete spam threads.

Spam is annoying, but what worries me more is accidentally clicking on an image or link from these spammers and messing up my computer or inadvertantly giving one of these identity theives an entrance into my credit info.

Hello Kitty
05-06-2012, 11:48 AM
+1 on A and C.
+100 for doing this to avoid computer worm, virus, or any other malicious attack.

War Priest
05-06-2012, 12:56 PM
When I first signed up I was having problems getting the activation email so I had to wait about a week before I could actually post. It sucked so this would be a bad idea for somebody who is really wanting to post. Especailly if they are having real issues with their game or something.

JohnnyR
05-06-2012, 01:27 PM
When I first signed up I was having problems getting the activation email so I had to wait about a week before I could actually post. It sucked so this would be a bad idea for somebody who is really wanting to post. Especailly if they are having real issues with their game or something.

It sucks that people have to wait to post, but it's SOP in a few forums I frequent. Just threw it in there as an added layer of defense against these guys. I think probation would really go a long way. Maybe make it one or three day wait to post.

War Priest
05-06-2012, 01:30 PM
It sucks that people have to wait to post, but it's SOP in a few forums I frequent. Just threw it in there as an added layer of defense against these guys. I think probation would really go a long way. Maybe make it one or three day wait to post.

A few days wait probably wouldn't be so bad. I mean if they just adjust their system to automatically remove the posts after a few spam reports would be so much better.

JohnnyR
05-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Hmmm, not sure how the mechanics of this forum software work, but if there was a way to immunize established members from that auto delete idea it would be rad. Have no idea how that would work though...

JohnnyR
05-07-2012, 01:01 PM
The spam's getting ridiculous. Are there any plans to block this crap? I realize it may be difficult, some feedback would be nice though...